• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just saw your comment now, and I gotta ask, how the hell is Resident Evil likely?? I mean, I get that Smash has accepted a few M-rated characters in the roster (and Ryu Hayabusa would be one of them), but come on, there's still gotta be some boundaries. Those come from franchises that can be toned down and still stay true to the spirit of its series, which I highly doubt that the same thing could be said about a freaking horror series like Resident Evil.

Honestly, I really think Contra is definetly up there in that same field with all the NES all stars that you've mentioned.
It pops up in a lot of people's minds when they think of best NES games, and I believe it popularized the Run n Gun genre.
That’s why Bill Rizer is easily the next, and maybe last, NES all star I'll be rooting for (that is, if Ryu Hayabusa gets in first, which he likely will at this point).

Ghosts n Goblins, while it did have its own unique charm, its games, specially the NES one, were insanely difficult (YES! Even by NES standards), and had quite a few redundant aspects, such as having to beat the game twice, in a row.
Nevertheless I would definitely like to see Sir Arthur in Smash too. I'm already quite satisfied that he got to return in Marvel vs Capcom, he's so cartoony compared to the rest of the game's roster.
I would say the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, especially NG2, are a harder M then RE, what with all the casual decapitations, limb slicing, and extraneous blood.

Their is nothing inherently violent about the RE characters themselves, though, and the zombie and monster designs are about as disturbing as the angels on Bayo's stage. RE is also HUGE worldwide, so much so that it's Capcom's biggest franchise by far. If we are celebrating Japanese gaming in Smash it will never feel complete until the franchise has some sort of representation. The only real issue I see might be with the weapons they use...but I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker.

Doom Guy, who I am a fan of, is much more violent then and RE character, and his stage would likely be hell or, at the least, have a lot of "satanic" imagery. He literally is known for "rip and tearing" demons a part in a very bloody fashion.

It's really weird to me that out of the two franchises I mentioned it was RE, and not Doom, you had an issue with.

Actually, Monster Hunter is Capcom's highest grossing franchise.
92 million for RE and 55 for MH

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html

Edit: double post on something that was previously reported, looking at the site on mobile and didn't realize. My bad.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I would say the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, especially NG2, are a harder M then RE, what with all the casual decapitations, limb slicing, and extraneous blood.

Their is nothing inherently violent about the RE characters themselves, though, and the zombie and monster designs are about as disturbing as the angels on Bayo's stage. RE is also HUGE worldwide, so much so that it's Capcom's biggest franchise by far. If we are celebrating Japanese gaming in Smash it will never feel complete until the franchise has some sort of representation. The only real issue I see might be with the weapons they use...but I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker.

Doom Guy, who I am a fan of, is much more violent then and RE character, and his stage would likely be hell or, at the least, have a lot of "satanic" imagery. He literally is known for "rip and tearing" demons a part in a very bloody fashion.

It's really weird to me that out of the two franchises I mentioned it was RE, and not Doom, you had an issue with.
I am still against the inclusion of RE characters, for the reasons I already stated.
And as for Doom, I mean the whole “ripping and tear” thing didn’t exist until Doom 4, the first games, that are arguably the more iconic ones of the series, were much more tame, and the demons could easily pass as Legend of Zelda enemies, and there are a lot of locations in Doom I and II that aren’t hell, or at least, don’t even look like hell.
RE is just as bad as it is now, as it was before (in terms of content) the only big change were the graphics.
But whatever, jamesster445 jamesster445 is right, this thread is going way too off-topic, and I’m not going to waste any more time on this discussion.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Let's not derail this thread about our favorite Modern-day Super Ninja.

Anyways, how do you guys see Ryu Hayabusa being called in Smash? Take note most characters don't include their official last names including Samus, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Simon, Richter, Terry, etc. and Snake isn't called Solid Snake to differentiate him from his father, father's phantom, and his other Snake clones. I personally still see them using his full name, Ryu Hayabusa, as it isn't that long to pronounce as Banjo and Kazooie is just as long. I don't see Hayabusa like in Dead or Alive as that is just a Dead or Alive thing. How many people actually call him just Hayabusa in Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive anyway?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think for his reveal trailer, they should recreate the opening to the first game in some way with Greninja or Shiek. Or both. Have them charge each other and jump to slash at each other, but then Ryu jumps down out of nowhere and cuts them both down.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace

Anyways, how do you guys see Ryu Hayabusa being called in Smash? Take note most characters don't include their official last names including, Samus, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Simon, Richter, Terry, etc. and Snake isn't called Solid Snake to differentiate him from his father, father's phantom, and his other Snake clones. I personally still see them using his full name, Ryu Hayabusa, as it isn't that long to pronounce as Banjo and Kazooie is just as long. I don't see Hayabusa like in Dead or Alive as that is just a Dead or Alive thing. How many people actually call him just Hayabusa in Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive anyway?
I agree that he should be called Ryu Hayabusa.
I think in some cases, when a character has a more unique name like Samus or Snake, makes more sense to call them by their first name (well technically Snake is last name, but you catch my drift).
Others, namely Simon and Richter should definitely have had their last name included.
Not sure if they’re gonna do it, but I don’t see why they shouldn’t.
Having the character being referred just by his last name “Hayabusa” would feel weird, at least to me.
Don’t forget Rosalina & Luma.

I think for his reveal trailer, they should recreate the opening to the first game in some way with Greninja or Shiek. Or both. Have them charge each other and jump to slash at each other, but then Ryu jumps down out of nowhere and cuts them both down.
How original :chuckle:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways, how do you guys see Ryu Hayabusa being called in Smash? Take note most characters don't include their official last names including, Samus, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Simon, Richter, Terry, etc. and Snake isn't called Solid Snake to differentiate him from his father, father's phantom, and his other Snake clones. I personally still see them using his full name, Ryu Hayabusa, as it isn't that long to pronounce as Banjo and Kazooie is just as long. I don't see Hayabusa like in Dead or Alive as that is just a Dead or Alive thing. How many people actually call him just Hayabusa in Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive anyway?
I'm almost certain it'll just by Hayabusa. Smash doesn't really have anyone with their full names in Smash (for example, Simon is just Simon and Terry is just Terry judging by the splash screen and how the site displays his name currently), so I'd imagine it'll be the same with him.

Now, another thing I want to say is for a reveal trailer, we've all pretty much come to conclusion the first thing shown would be the ninja duel from the very beginning of Ninja Gaiden but with Shiek and Greninja, but I sorta have another idea in mind. After the duel in NG, Ryu Hayabusa reads the letter from his father giving him a task to find Walter Smith. What if instead of the letter being from Ken/Joe, it was from Sakurai himself giving Ryu a personalized Smash invitation? They could even play it out where after he's done reading the invitation ZSS appears from behind holding her gun out as a callback to his first encounter with Irene (or they could also do it with Wolf but have Hayabusa deliver a Flying Swallow to him as soon as he fires it).

jamesster445

Smash Lord
He's usually referred to as Ryu only by those that he knows well. Irene, Ayane, Murai, Momiji.
He's referred to as Hayabusa mostly by people who are his enemies such as Genshin, the Regent, most friends. But also allies who don't know him on a personal level, such as Miizuki. Then there's of course DoA which follows similar principles where only Hayate calls him Ryu.
It's probably more of a Japanese honorific system than anything else.

Now, another thing I want to say is for a reveal trailer, we've all pretty much come to conclusion the first thing shown would be the ninja duel from the very beginning of Ninja Gaiden but with Shiek and Greninja, but I sorta have another idea in mind. After the duel in NG, Ryu Hayabusa reads the letter from his father giving him a task to find Walter Smith. What if instead of the letter being from Ken/Joe, it was from Sakurai himself giving Ryu a personalized Smash invitation? They could even play it out where after he's done reading the invitation ZSS appears from behind holding her gun out as a callback to his first encounter with Irene (or they could also do it with Wolf but have Hayabusa deliver a Flying Swallow to him as soon as he fires it)
Gamexplain actually joked about this idea actually. They were referencing the moment where Irene shoots him, except this time Sakurai appears to deliver the invite. Sakurai rarely appears in trailers though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's Hayabusa in DoA, it'll probably be Hayabusa here.

What do you guys think of Kasumi as a possible echo?

I originally thought the idea was ridiculous, since they are completely different characters in DoA, but if you based Ryu largely on his NES incarnation with some combo work from the 3D games it sort of works. She has a version of the windmill shuriken, should be able to use ninpo, and even has a move that could replace the izuna drop.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

I originally thought the idea was ridiculous, since they are completely different characters in DoA, but if you based Ryu largely on his NES incarnation with some combo work from the 3D games it sort of works. She has a version of the windmill shuriken, should be able to use ninpo, and even has a move that could replace the izuna drop.

I think Dead or Alive deserves its own unique character than a mere Echo Fighter. The two series are not the same at all. Kasumi also has a very unique fighting style so it would also be a huge disservice to include her as such especially for a third party series.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I agree that he should be called Ryu Hayabusa.
I think in some cases, when a character has a more unique name like Samus or Snake, makes more sense to call them by their first name (well technically Snake is last name, but you catch my drift).
Others, namely Simon and Richter should definitely have had their last name included.
Not sure if they’re gonna do it, but I don’t see why they shouldn’t.
Having the character being referred just by his last name “Hayabusa” would feel weird, at least to me.
Don’t forget Rosalina & Luma.

How original :chuckle:
Probably copied the idea from someone by accident. Lol

Haven’t been on this forum in a while and it’s pretty obvious if the trailer isn’t a sequel. Lol

jamesster445

Smash Lord

50/50

I like Kasumi well enough and it's female representation but I feel like as the main character of Dead or Alive she should be representative of that series as opposed to a potentially non canon appearance in Ninja Gaiden.

I wouldn't mind this though. There aren't too many characters that could echo Ryu. Maybe his father but that's about it.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I support Hayabusa. Ninja Gaiden isn't a game I have played a lot, but I always liked Hayabusa whenever he showed up in other games.

Also, I'd take Momiji for Smash over Kasumi any day (although she's also WAY too different from Hayabusa, as far as I know)

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Or because it's one of the most successful, influential and iconic series not yet in Smash?
As much as people love to bring up Ryu and Doom Guy are only brought up because of the 5ch fake leaks, RE was only brought up when Hero was revealed and the Mii Costume Theory started making it's rounds.

You can bring up how successful it is but at the end of the day, people only "expected it" for those reasons.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As much as people love to bring up Ryu and Doom Guy are only brought up because of the 5ch fake leaks, RE was only brought up when Hero was revealed and the Mii Costume Theory started making it's rounds.

You can bring up how successful it is but at the end of the day, people only "expected it" for those reasons.
That's untrue but ok.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace

Ninja Gaiden is the next obvious 80s franchise that can get a rep.
Ryu Hayabusa is the most iconic 80s character not yet in Smash.
Koei Tecmo is the biggest Japanese game company not yet in Smash with a playable character. Well Besides Sony, but they won't support Smash.
Ryu Hayabusa is their most iconic character and Ninja Gaiden is their most iconic franchise.

Ryu Hayabusa makes a whole lot of sense. So does Doom Slayer and a Resident Evil character for that matter.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I wrote this in 2015.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/25/case-4-ryu-hayabusa/

All the reasons I outlined for his inclusion are still valid, and as other big third parties get in less and less stands in his way.

Tecmo KOEI will eventually get a Smash rep. They're the only big Japanese company not to have one and they have a ridiculously close relationship to Nintendo. They have made a Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, and two Fire Emblem games. They co-own and IP (Fatal Frame) with Nintendo.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
You guys are misinterpreting me, I'm not denying that people love Resident Evil and want representation in Smash, my point is that it started to increase and become more "expected" when Hero was released and people came up with that theory.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I wrote this in 2015.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/25/case-4-ryu-hayabusa/

All the reasons I outlined for his inclusion are still valid, and as other big third parties get in less and less stands in his way.

Tecmo KOEI will eventually get a Smash rep. They're the only big Japanese company not to have one and they have a ridiculously close relationship to Nintendo. They have made a Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, and two Fire Emblem games. They co-own and IP (Fatal Frame) with Nintendo.
Koei Tecmo is really dying for a rep. if they don't get one this time, even after all of the post-Fighters Pass characters are done, I will be extremely flabbergasted and wonder what the issue is. Maybe Koei Tecmo's DLC practice with Dead or Alive 6's overpriced DLC would hint at that.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I don't know it's been mentioned before but...

Q37: What games have you bought on the Wii Virtual Console?

Sakurai: Though It may not be too useful, “Donkey Kong”, “Mario Brothers”, “Solomon’s Key”, “Kid Icarus”, “The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past”, “Ninja Gaiden”, “Super Mario Brothers 2”, “Super Mario Brothers 3”, “Life Force”, “Dungeon Explorer”, “Moto Roader”, “Comix Zone”, “Ys I & II”, “Zanac”, “Glory of Heracles III”, “Fist of the North Star”, “Super Picross”, “The Adventure of Link”, etc.
Just something to think about

Source

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Even though I haven’t played his games too much, I still think Ryu is such an awesome character, and a missing piece as far as Smash characters go. He was right there with Nintendo at the beginning just like so many of the other third party reps. I really think he could be next, or at least will be coming soon.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Will he ever be confirmed?
Is he the fabled #5?
I'd say he's the most likely character for the spot. The good news is he's still in the running for future DLC even if he isn't.

Ending on Hayabusa would overall make this an excellent season 1 for me. Would be hard to imagine further seasons topping it.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'd say he's the most likely character for the spot. The good news is he's still in the running for future DLC even if he isn't.

Ending on Hayabusa would overall make this an excellent season 1 for me. Would be hard to imagine further seasons topping it.
I hope you're right!

DrKatz

Smash Cadet

I would absolutely be thrilled if Hayabusa was the final DLC character. My one concern is “Does he make sense as a final DLC character?” Like, a lot of us would be excited, but do you think he makes sense to save for the final slot. He’s kind of obscure.

Could you see Nintendo going with him as the last DLC? Or do you think they’d want to end it with Geno or some highly requested random character?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I would absolutely be thrilled if Hayabusa was the final DLC character. My one concern is “Does he make sense as a final DLC character?” Like, a lot of us would be excited, but do you think he makes sense to save for the final slot. He’s kind of obscure.

Could you see Nintendo going with him as the last DLC? Or do you think they’d want to end it with Geno or some highly requested random character?
I wouldn’t think about it that way necessarily. Now that there’s more DLC on the way I think there’s less reason to end the FP with a bang. Besides, Bayo ended Smash 4’s DLC and she’s hardly a Geno or a Cloud Strife. Ryu could easily be the last one.

StormC

Smash Hero

I don't think there is any real precedent for Nintendo "saving the best for last." For a Fighters Pass, they're gonna announce their biggest stuff first (Joker/Hero/Banjo) to get more people to buy in early.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I wouldn’t think about it that way necessarily. Now that there’s more DLC on the way I think there’s less reason to end the FP with a bang. Besides, Bayo ended Smash 4’s DLC and she’s hardly a Geno or a Cloud Strife. Ryu could easily be the last one.
Was about to say this. Arguably, the most hype characters for Smash Ultimate's base newcomers were Ridley and King K. Rool, none of which were the last ones, we ended up with the leaked Ken and Incineroar. For the Fighters Pass, it is arguably Banjo & Kazooie who is smack dab in the middle of other characters that I assure you were not as well-requested at least here in the West.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-11-capcom-wins-patent-lawsuit-against-koei-tecmo

So this recently came to my attention. I've heard about the feud between Capcom and Koei Tecmo from years ago and it seems to have finally resulted with KT having to pay $1.5 million, not a small amount at all. I wouldn't normally think this actually affects any KT character's chances from being playable in Smash but this is no small loss. Thoughts? Also, opinions on if KT wouldn't want any of their characters in the same game as Capcom characters because of the lawsuits (and losses)?

Last edited:

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-11-capcom-wins-patent-lawsuit-against-koei-tecmo

So this recently came to my attention. I've heard about the feud between Capcom and Koei Tecmo from years ago and it seems to have finally resulted with KT having to pay $1.5 million, not a small amount at all. I wouldn't normally think this actually affects any KT character's chances from being playable in Smash but this is no small loss. Thoughts? Also, opinions on if KT wouldn't want any of their characters in the same game as Capcom characters because of the lawsuits (and losses)?
Personally I don’t feel that would make a difference for two reasons. 1) KT would be working with Nintendo, not Capcom in smash. I can’t see why it would matter if Capcom has another representative in the same game. 2) The DLC were decided on well over a year ago. If this is a recent development, I can’t see how it would affect a character who was already decided on. Unless they scrapped him last minute or something of that sort - which isn’t likely.

D

Deleted member

If bad blood with Capcom was a reason for Koei-Tecmo to say no to Nintendo for a character in Smash, Fatal Frame content would've never been in Smash to begin with since that patent lawsuit was said to have been going on since 2014. If anything, **** like this most likely means there won't be any sort of cross branding between KT and Capcom like Dead or Alive vs Street Fighter or Devil May Cry x Ninja Gaiden.

I also thought it'd be worth mentioning that 1.5 million might not be a lot for Koei-Tecmo since according to this reddit comment KT made half a billion in USD within a year, so we probably wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of them getting shut down.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
If bad blood with Capcom was a reason for Koei-Tecmo to say no to Nintendo for a character in Smash, Fatal Frame content would've never been in Smash to begin with since that patent lawsuit was said to have been going on since 2014. If anything, **** like this most likely means there won't be any sort of cross branding between KT and Capcom like Dead or Alive vs Street Fighter or Devil May Cry x Ninja Gaiden.

I also thought it'd be worth mentioning that 1.5 million might not be a lot for Koei-Tecmo since according to this reddit comment KT made half a billion in USD within a year, so we probably wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of them getting shut down.
I didn't know I wanted a Devil May Cry vs Ninja Gaiden game till you mentioned it.... :eek:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I have a feeling we wouldn’t get an alternate costume for classic Ryu, but a color based on him.

I just remembered Classic Ryu uses his sword on his belt, iai-do style. Modern Ryu however has the sword on his back, like ninjas usually do. I don’t think that should be a major factor against the alt costume, but it does kind of separate them a bit more.

Although I could totally see the Classic Ryu amiibo in a pose where he’s about to unsheathe the sword from his belt.
Actually they didn't have their swords on their backs, it was very difficult to get a katana off your back so if you needed to use it you'd probably die before drawing it. The belt is more accurate.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Actually they didn't have their swords on their backs, it was very difficult to get a katana off your back so if you needed to use it you'd probably die before drawing it. The belt is more accurate.
Unless you could provide evidence otherwise, all sources point to ninja having swords on their backs due to being tasked with quick assassinations and not being meant to get into fights. They may not have had longer katana, but a smaller version to be able to pull from their backs more easily.

Edit: Shouldn't have this because I haven't researched much myself but my point still stands that shorter swords are more practical to pull from the back. Also, carrying swords from the hip would cause too much noise and obstructions when moving on the ground, especially crouching.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Unless you could provide evidence otherwise, all sources point to ninja having swords on their backs due to being tasked with quick assassinations and not being meant to get into fights. They may not have had longer katana, but a smaller version to be able to pull from their backs more easily.

Edit: Shouldn't have this because I haven't researched much myself but my point still stands that shorter swords are more practical to pull from the back. Also, carrying swords from the hip would cause too much noise and obstructions when moving on the ground, especially crouching.
Good point, but Hayabusa's sword is longer than a Wakizashi (the swords you are talking about), so he probably wouldn't put it on his back.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Hayabusa puts the Dragon Sword on his back in the modern Ninja Gaiden games because he's a badass. :p

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Hello fellow supporters of Justice!

So, I've been doing some research into IAmShifty, and I think this is still worthy to discuss. Basically, I don't think we really have much reason to doubt Shifty and his sources at this stage. They have been accurate on SO many accounts. Many know about Marx and Piranha Plant being leaked by him, but there was far more than that.

Let me give you a breakdown:

In the first leak video I can find on his channel, he reveals that a source is telling him Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar are coming to the game. At this point Vergeben had already leaked Isabelle, Ken, and a gen 7 rep, but did not confirm it was Incineroar until after Shifty's vid. This same video also confirms that Isabelle was the very next fighter that would be revealed (which was true), and that Rathalos, Dracula, and Marx would show up as bosses in the then unknown blurred out mode (Spirits Mode).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdYhLFiJIsY

His next leak video claims that Box Theory was true, which was correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wX71R-G1I

This next video claims Ultimate DLC would go on for two years, and in all honesty it looks like this will come to pass. This at least would've made us aware that DLC would continue after the fighter pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcmAVb8sGz0&t=291s

The next one was a leak of the Smash Direct in November. He revealed a second source which was recommended by his first source in all the previous videos. This source claimed that the Direct would be coming November 2nd. It actually turned out to be the first, but it was pretty damn close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcEwxiNdGk&t=1s

This is the last leak video before the Ryu vid where he deconfirms the Grinch leak, and confirms Piranha Plant of all characters (PP was leaked by the second source).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Wq3uuPDyg

Finally we have the Ryu videos. Obviously there was controversy surrounding these videos because he claimed Ryu, in no uncertain terms, would be the 4th DLC fighter. This turned out not to be the case. The second video, which discusses the SNK leak, claims that neither of his sources knew of SNK being in the game (indeed, almost no one seemed to), but reiterated that they had heard Ryu would certainly be in the fighter pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcwSKSy-nIY&t=6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWP1fHUK0kA&t=1s

So most of his claims have been proven true. One has yet to be confirmed (DLC lasting 2 years), and 2 were proven to be wrong (although the direct date was very close). The Ryu leak still has the possibility to be partially right if he turns out to be the last fighter on the FP.

As for this possibly being mixed up information with Ryu being added to Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, IAmShifty told PapaGenos that this was possible, but unlikely because he claims his sources come directly from Nintendo. He says it doesn't make sense for his sources to confuse the Ryu leak with a game that Nintendo has no involvement with. Here is a link to a video that displays this conversation starting at 13:51:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHvd0KGTCg&t=888s

There's definitely a precedent for this. Most people still trust Vergeben even though we've yet to see Minecraft content and the fact that he said the first DLC character would be a SE rep. His source knew of the SE character, but not precisely when they would arrive. We continue to trust him because he has gotten so much correct in the past, and the same is true for IAmShifty. I think it is plainly clear at this point that Shifty has legitimate sources as Vergeben does.

In short, I still think Ryu is coming. It's not certain of course, but given everything we know I still see it to be highly probable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom