• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

StormC

Smash Hero
Sexism wins all the same

I'll say it right now.

You guys win. I admit defeat. I was an idiot talking about feminism and all that stuff, but sometimes Lady Fate doesn't want me to. I'll just see through the end.

Nintendo won't be having my money I swear. As much as I love the game, I'll just accept the reality that I don't always get what I want.
Why are you framing it as a conflict between you and the supporters in this thread? The characters were decided on ten months ago. Our current support of Ryu Hayabusa has zero impact on whether or not he will get onto the Fighters Pass. You aren't an "idiot" for talking about feminism, but coming to a character thread to essentially troll is not going to win you any allies (it's also uh, against the rules).

I think people would be sympathetic to your cause if you didn't attack the characters they liked and act like it's their fault there aren't female fighters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys, let's not focus on a single negative comment just take it in stride and move on. You're just going to invite conflict that's uneeded. They backed down. You should too.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sexism wins all the same

I'll say it right now.

You guys win. I admit defeat. I was an idiot talking about feminism and all that stuff, but sometimes Lady Fate doesn't want me to. I'll just see through the end.

Nintendo won't be having my money I swear. As much as I love the game, I'll just accept the reality that I don't always get what I want.
C'mon now. Half the new characters in the base roster were female. Inkling, Isabelle, Daisy, and Dark Samus.
Plus, if Nintendo adds more of their characters, Dixie is a top contender.

D

Deleted member

There's a good amount of spirits Ninja Gaiden could bring to Smash, and I think Ayane, Momiji, Irene, and Jo Hayabusa are guaranteed to be in Smash as spirits.

What other spirits do you think we'd get to see in Smash if Hayabusa is indeed a part of the Fighter Pass?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There's a good amount of spirits Ninja Gaiden could bring to Smash, and I think Ayane, Momiji, Irene, and Jo Hayabusa are guaranteed to be in Smash as spirits.

What other spirits do you think we'd get to see in Smash if Hayabusa is indeed a part of the Fighter Pass?
I think there’d be a good amount Dead or Alive characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
I can see DOA being skipped. Maybe a few music tracks at best. There was 0 SMT content in Joker's pack.

D

Deleted member

Sigh...I'm sorry everyone. I'm just gonna reflect on this for the rest of my Smash career as a troll who'd shun down others for the sake of mine. I'm just gonna depreciate myself.

Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about this franchise. I'm happy that y'all getting your wishes.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Don't be like that; everyone does stupid things. Don't hate yourself for them. Take it from someone who has done this multiple times.
Also, play the Ninja Gaiden games.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think I may have said something like this before, but I’m not sure. We need Hayabusa to have his own stage with music from the Ninja Gaiden series, both originals and new remixes. I’d love to hear Smash remixes of music from the Ninja Gaiden series, especially Unbreakable Determination.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Sigh...I'm sorry everyone. I'm just gonna reflect on this for the rest of my Smash career as a troll who'd shun down others for the sake of mine. I'm just gonna depreciate myself.

Anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about this franchise. I'm happy that y'all getting your wishes.
we can't say that yet it's not over till the end there's no guarantee that we're gonna get what we want so please stop acting as if it's already over

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Is it possible for DLC characters to get Assist trophies?

If so than I want a Ninja Gaiden enemy for that role.

Maybe one of those satanic monks throwing inverted crosses (or whatever the hell those projectiles were), kind of like the Hammer bros.
Or perhaps a cheetah running around the stage left and right.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
If they was in 4, yeah. But, as the creator said, this is only an character, a level with new musics.
Yeah, but I still think it's possible, I mean Sakurai didn't say anything about DLC characters getting spirits and we got that.
He did say that each pack will come with one character, one stage and a record of soundtrack based on its series, but I'm pretty sure that they're able to add a few more Assists on a a new update, without them being tied to any DLC slot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
NES NG2 is much easier than 1, and 3 would be fine, except the limited continues makes it almost unplayable.
Sounds good! I'll look up videos/reviews just to be sure, though - by my understanding, Super Castlevania 4 was supposed to be easier than the NES Castlevanias, but I still found it needlessly difficult.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Match up Ninja Gaiden Versus with Google Trends
Google Trends is a measure of popularity, although this isn't enough and that comparison criteria aren't always fair. It can't be completely representative.

Fighters
- VS Sonic : loses 4/55 in world ; 11/34 in Japan.
- VS Metal Gear : loses 3/16 in world ; 1/17 in Japan.
- VS Mega Man : wins 11/3 in world ; loses 8/35 in Japan.
- VS Megaman : loses 7/33 in world ; 4/39 in Japan.
- VS Pac-Man : loses 1/8 in world ; 1/2 in Japan.
- VS Street Fighter : loses 4/23 in world ; 3/22 in Japan.
- VS Final Fantasy : loses 1/29 in world ; 1/28 in Japan.
- VS Bayonetta : loses 7/20 in world ; 2/7 in Japan.
- VS Castlevania : loses 11/21 in world ; 11/28 in Japan.
- VS Persona : loses 1/3 in world ; 1/29 in Japan.
- VS Megami Tensei : wins 11/9 in world ; loses 3/23 in Japan.
- VS Dragon Quest : loses 2/21 in world ; 1/23 in Japan.
- VS Banjo-Kazooie : wins 11/3 in world ; wins 14/1 in Japan.
Non-Fighters
- VS Virtua Fighter : loses 3/23 in world ; 1/18 in Japan.
- VS Monster Hunter : loses 2/15 in world ; 1/19 in Japan.
- VS Tales of : loses 1/4 in world ; 1/32 in Japan.
- VS Tekken : loses 9/42 in world ; 1/11 in Japan.
- VS Bomberman : loses 11/29 in world ; 9/24 in Japan.
- VS Project Zero : wins 11/8 in world ; loses 2/11 in Japan.
- VS Shantae : wins 11/1 in world ; wins 5/1 in Japan.
- VS Shovel Knight : = in world ; wins 7/2 in Japan.
- VS Rayman : loses 11/14 in world ; wins 14/1 in Japan.
Others
- VS Ace Attorney : loses 11/12 in world ; 2/13 in Japan.
- VS Resident Evil : loses 1/16 in world ; 1/19 in Japan.
- VS Tamagoshi : loses 1/2 in world ; 1/19 in Japan.
- VS Tomb Raider : loses 3/16 in world ; 14/20 in Japan.
- VS Crash Bandicoot : loses 1/3 in world ; wins 7/6 in Japan.
- VS DOOM : loses 1/5 in world ; 7/8 in Japan.
- VS Fatal Fury : wins 11/2 in world ; loses 14/17 in Japan.
- VS Harvest Moon : loses 11/32 in world ; 6/29 in Japan.
- Ryu Hayabusa VS Jibanyan : loses 1/14 in world ; 1/10 in Japan.
- VS Layton : loses 11/25 in world ; 4/15 in Japan.
- VS Undertale : loses 1/25 in world ; 1/22 in Japan.
- Ryu Hayabusa VS Kazumi : loses 8/30 in world ; 3/14 in Japan.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Well, it's good to see how lively the thread is today.

What exactly do you suggest? The only thing I can think of is having Jaquio showing up just as soon as Simon Belmont defeats the Gream Reaper with his cross, and have Ryu Hayabusa "making the cut" just at the right moment to save Simon and slice Jaquio.

But honestly, I think they should make a more original concept, something involving Sheik and Greninja with an obvious Ninja theme, taking place maybe on a warehouse or a suspicious looking alley.

Also I'm hoping Ryu will be revealed with his classic blue outfit.
Nah, I don't think Jaquio would make an appearance since the DQ Heros didn't fight a dark lord either. I can see the Belmonts and Luigi getting overwhelmed by Dracula along with some possesed fighters and then Ryu jumping in to save the day. Idk, I just like the idea of the DLC trailers being continuations of the base game ones. Another idea would be a recreation of the original NG opening with one of the other ninjas getting owned by Ryu.

Also if he gets in, I'm pretty certain that he's gonna wear his orignal attire with his new design as a skin maybe.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So after Hayabusa, which NES era character would you guys like to see next? For me it would have to be the Battletoads.
Same! I actually want Battletoads more! But Banjo pretty much croak-blocked them in Smash. :(
Also: Bill Rizer, Billy&Jimmy and Kunio-Kun come to mind as remaining NES icons.
But as far as NES characters go , I still want Mike Jones (most wanted since 64) and Takamaru (technically a Famicom icon).

-

Anyway just dropping by, how’s everyone doing? I heard about this leak from my twitter feed. I actually wanted to stay away from Fighter Pass spoilers ever since I got my most wanted (Hero), But i can’t do anything if spoilers come to me.

I for one don’t have a doubt that Ryu’s moveset would be unique, as I grew up with Ninja Gaiden.

In fact, Ryu H. Would mirror Megaman in the insane amount of moves that he can pull off from his games.

He has:
Ninja Gaiden classic
Ninja Gaiden modern
Ninja Gaiden arcade beat em up
Dead or Alive

Each of his moves could potentially be pulled out from each of these.

As for Stage I’d like, maybe Jaquio’s mountain from the first NES game. Particularly the area where Ryu
fights his father
Or the mountain level from NG2 with the changing snowstorm. Or a night city level.

As you can tell im a bigger fan of the classic games.

On a final note, if Doomslayer and Ryu H are both the last FP characters, then this will be by far the best smash game for me. And it’ll end on a high note.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping most of the music Hayabusa will bring are from the first trilogy of games
I'm dying to hear remixed version of certain themes from the first and second games :D
Also the Warriors Orochi version of Unbreakable Determination should definitely be in Smash :) IN FACT I think they'll use this version for his trailer, much like how they used the CastleVania Judgment version of Vampire Killer for Simon's trailer ^^

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
On a final note, if Doomslayer and Ryu H are both the last FP characters, then this will be by far the best smash game for me. And it’ll end on a high note.
I would love Ryu to be at least one of the last 2 newcomers. But I don't think I need to explain why I wouldn't want Doomguy or Frisk.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not going to lie i felt a bit mixed on hayabusas chances and its pretty cool to see things take a positive swing. Only played a bit of the first nes game but dead or alive is one of my favorite fighting series. I do agree dead or alive likely wont get much if anything out of this, maybe ayane and kasumi spirits since i believe they appeared in some of the newer ninja gaiden games but i still am happy to see it get something in smash even if it is just hayabusa.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Same! I actually want Battletoads more! But Banjo pretty much croak-blocked them in Smash. :(
Well least they have a really good shot to be the next Rare/Microsoft rep to get in. I think we will see another Rare/Microsoft character in the future, but I don't think we will see another one in Ultimate though I would love to be wrong.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Rats

https://www.nintendo.es/Contenido-descargable/Pack-del-aspirante-4-1519368.html

Accidentally partial leak of the 4th one

It’s a SNK character

That means the ryu leak is fake (unless this is fake but doubt it)
Ah, that's quite the bummer. I was really hoping it would be Hayabusa, because he's probably the only character left that I truly want that isn't already deconfirmed (by a spirit or assist trophy) or isn't incredibly unlikely. The news got me so excited in fact, I actually came back to Smashboards!

Not a huge fan of the SNK fighters, but I do love me some Metal Slug. I'm hoping for it to be Marco Rossi with Tarma, Eri, and Fio alternate outfits, but I can't really see it being anyone outside of Terry Bogard or Kyo Kusanagi.

Such a shame, but it is what it is. Here's hoping for DLC Pack #5 fellas!

D

Deleted member

I not putting a lot of stock into Hayabusa being the last character in the Fighter Pass. While I don't think this is the final nail in the coffin for his chances in Smash, I honestly think this leak gutters it since I don't see Ninja Gaiden as the last series to be included in Smash, especially when a lot of other bigger and notable franchises exist out there. It's unfortunate tbh, but at least I can keep my expectations incredibly low on him so that I can either not feel too sad about it if he doesn't get revealed or get incredibly excited if he does.

DrKatz

Smash Cadet
Damn, I just saw the leak regarding SNK and DLC fighter number 4.

Does this really 100% de-confirm Hayabusa though? Just because SNK is listed, does it mean that the next rep will be SNK, or could that be saved for another reveal later? I’m still hopeful Hayabusa is next, but I guess we’ll see.

Edit: Just noticed the link said “February 2020”. Does this mean that an SNK Fighter could be the 5th and final DLC character, and Hayabusa still is number 4?!

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Okay guys, hear me out for a second...

Mai vs. Hayabusa, dual ninja reveal trailer.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Damn, I just saw the leak regarding SNK and DLC fighter number 4.

Does this really 100% de-confirm Hayabusa though? Just because SNK is listed, does it mean that the next rep will be SNK, or could that be saved for another reveal later? I’m still hopeful Hayabusa is next, but I guess we’ll see.
It's definitely likely that the next character is SNK. The ONLY way I could see this being fake is if that was just accidentally copied over from another source. Like another game from SNK but that seems incredibly unlikely.

We'll see though I guess. Really wish it was Hayabusa but I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

D

Deleted member

It's definitely likely that the next character is SNK. The ONLY way I could see this being fake is if that was just accidentally copied over from another source. Like another game from SNK but that seems incredibly unlikely.

We'll see though I guess. Really wish it was Hayabusa but I had a feeling it was too good to be true.
For this to be a mistake on NoE's part would be even worse than what EVO did with Tekken and Snake. At least with the EVO thing, we didn't have to wait long to find out they were the 1s behind it and not BN or Harada.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’m thinking the SNK character could be Kyo, Iori, Terry, Marco from Metal Slug, or somebody else.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't think it's a false mistake. This is the same company that leaked a Castlevania song before the August direct and leaked it's roster size on a box. If there's one company that could actually mess up and leak one of their products then it's Nintendo.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For this to be a mistake on NoE's part would be even worse than what EVO did with Tekken and Snake. At least with the EVO thing, we didn't have to wait long to find out they were the 1s behind it and not BN or Harada.
Worse?? Nah dude, what EVO did was a blatant **** up that they did with no thought put in at all at the consequences. They didn't get permission from Hayter, Namco, or Konami and just did it. This? This is just a single sentence that was left on the page on accident. There's a BIG difference. The EVO thing was just an ass hole move. This is just a mistake whichever way it goes.

D

Deleted member

Worse?? Nah dude, what EVO did was a blatant **** up that they did with no thought put in at all at the consequences. They didn't get permission from Hayter, Namco, or Konami and just did it. This? This is just a single sentence that was left on the page on accident. There's a BIG difference. The EVO thing was just an *** hole move. This is just a mistake whichever way it goes.
Well damn you're right. I was thinking this was worse since we won't find out for days when the next character is revealed but didn't take into account how EVO basically played the audience like a fiddle and pissed everyone off, and snce people are going crazy for an SNK character at the moment, I was also thinking about the hypothetical if the next character revealed doesn't happen to be an SNK character.

Yeah, I overreacted and underestimated how badly Snake's cameo was. I don't know how the SNK stuff will go, so I'm gonna keep off on making any sort of comparison if this is indeed a mistake.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well damn you're right. I was thinking this was worse since we won't find out for days when the next character is revealed but didn't take into account how EVO basically played the audience like a fiddle and pissed everyone off, and snce people are going crazy for an SNK character at the moment, I was also thinking about the hypothetical if the next character revealed doesn't happen to be an SNK character.

Yeah, I overreacted and underestimated how badly Snake's cameo was. I don't know how the SNK stuff will go, so I'm gonna keep off on making any sort of comparison if this is indeed a mistake.
Nah dude you're good. Thing is SNK isn't OVERTLY popular so the fans that do want a character in Smash will be upset but it won't be as bad as say... all of Tekken and Metal Gear fans getting quite honestly JeBaited at the biggest fighting game tournament on the world.

Best we can do right now is assume it's real. That way if it isn't real we can be pleasantly surprised if Hayabusa does end up being next as Shifty stated, but won't be crushed if it does end up being an SNK character. We can still stay optimistic, just don't ASSUME this is wrong. Otherwise you might be disappointed.

Top Bottom