• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just The Tip -- A New Marth Video

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Props for the title, but I think both you and your opponents have a ways to go before being in a combo video. Editing was pretty good.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
The opening was worth giving the video a 1 star(but I didnt). I agree with masterwumpus. I know how its fun to make a video of all the combos you do. But combo videos should be pro stuff. Good job on putting it all together. Im sure in the future you will make a video with much better combos once you improve. :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I agree; there were lots of random scenes of ownage, but not too many full-fledged combos. Also, you may want to refrain putting in scenes with bad DI unless it really led to a good combo; that Marth ditto scene on Yoshi's Island where you were able to keep UAir'ing your opponent wasn't very appealing 1) because of the DI and 2) he could've easily escaped it with a wriggle -> airdodge. The BAir turnaround -> BAir edgeguards were nice though.

By the way, the first picture should be removed. YouTube mods can be picky with that stuff.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Song: Infected Mushroom - Stretched

Not a very interesting video though, but I like the music

CIFP

Smash Rookie
Yeah, obiouvsly with my skill level I'm not going to produce a video thats going to change the face of Smash Brothers. Players that are more skilled than myself are going to find it boring and I don't blame them. At the same time, there are plenty of players out there who are not as good as me, and will probably enjoy the video and perhaps even draw some inspiration. I apprecaite the honesty. In the future maybe I will just put a warning in that I'm not that good. That and I'll try to take more footage so that the quality of clips are a little higher. Also, the ***** at the beginning isn't real, it's just sand.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
^Oh really? The fact that it was made of sand made me think it was real.

/:p

j/k You bring up an interesting point. Depending on how good an individual is their perspective of what they are seeing changes completely. hmmm...

Miharu

Smash Hero
Combos videos should have combos in them. Most of your clips are just random aerials into a random fsmash, and the fsmash only landed because your opponents can't tech or DI. I only saw a few combos, and they were nothing too special: either standard Ken combo, or sh double fair into fsmash. I don't main Marth, and I can pull that off any day.

In short, be at least creative if you want to make your own combo video. Otherwise you're just another boring Marth.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Not a bad video, but i was wondering, the ones that combod had different tags for different combos!
So that was more then one guy video right?

Redragon

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Not bad. Good title.I think you guys still have a bit farther to go before making a combo video, although some clips were keepers. Video editing was pretty good.

Ok, suggestions:

1) Use fadeout sparingly; it's much better just to use normal fade. It just flows better, and it's nicer visually.

2) Save some of those good clips and keep playing, then when you've got a bunch of clips that are awesome, it's the right time to make another combo video.

3) Although the music was awesome, it became a little unexciting after 6 minutes of the same song. Next time you should choose a good place in the song to fade into another one. Music is one thing that really sets a combo video apart from rest. Timing and artistic choices will make things awesome, even with video games, so keep that in mind.

4) Any chance you could make the peni s scene a bit shorter? (omg, ***** is a curse word? WTF?)

Overall:

Not bad playing; very good at points. Keep in mind the details of video editing, try to make it as exciting and captivating as possible. Anyway, keep it up. I hope you take my advice and make another video later on.

CIFP

Smash Rookie
Thanks for everyone that gave me advice. To answer REd Dragon, no, I am not the Marth in every clip. I will keep working on my game and on collecting a better quality library of clips.

Top Bottom