• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just saw this on the pika boards (good to know i guess)

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

This is a bit of information I found out about a day or two ago. Since this is way after the thread about this particular matchup, I wanted to make sure everyone read this. If the author of the thread wants to add this in there please by my guest.

A very important technique to us Pika players is Shielding an attack and counter-attacking quick with a Down Smash, Grab, or Up Smash; however, when facing Falco players I discovered something a little dis-heartening.

When Falco dashes towards you and uses his Running A and you shield to set him up with some lag to counter-attack, more and more Falcos are discovering that they can immediately Up Smash our block attempt. The sad thing to this is that the move is without lag. I'm not sure what they have to do to perform the move, I just know that they can do it and that this could lead into some serious mind game problems for Pikachu.

What mind games? Alright, a Falco player now has two options when his Running A is blocked. They can immediately go into an Up smash, or wait a second as if the he did have lag to cancel and then gain a free attack on us. The reason I say free attack is because I and most Pikachus have been used to immediately counter-attacking out of a shield block, BUT facing this new threat, our first instinction would be the shield just a bit longer to block the upsmash. Well what if the time we chose to block an upsmash was a time where Falco did not attempt to attack us? He now has the possibility to go for a 100% connect grab or to hope we let down our shield to counter-attack so that he may unleash something more deadly, maybe a shine into some forsaken combo.

The only was I have been able to block this is, don't shield block his Running A. This by far is the easiest of all choices, you can simply roll, jump, or run. One that is a bit harder is to keep the same technique; however, you must be on your toes to get ready for a shield grab. This requires timing, and a little bit of a 6th sense to predict your opponent's move. This of course is harder to do, but still within the power of our character. The last thing to do is to avoid shielding all together, but to actually just counter with a Down Smash. I haven't generated a list but I do know that Pikachu's Down Smash has a good amount of priority over MOST of the other character's Running A attacks. Of course not against any sword users. He mainly has priority with this move if the opponent has to make physical contact with his body, such as Pikachu, Mario, Sonic, etc.

Well, hopes this helps. For all of you who don't know me, though I'm not as popular as Anther, I have been playing Pikachu since 64. I was with him during Melee (though he sucked) an I'm still with him in Brawl. What I'm trying to say is, I know what I'm talking about....

Happy Hunting my fellow Pika users!
Osgiliath

apparently, pikachus are afraid of us :]
there definetly keeping their hands off our bread :p

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Everyone is afraid of us. Soon the whole world of Brawl will know to keep their hands off of our bread.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Of course. Falco's shine can reflect pika's thunder; both the bolt from the sky and the sparks around pikachu + physically hitting him.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
lol
data shows that pikachus have a massive thunderbolt that they are planning on using sometime within the next month. Falcos, we must act fast

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Is this a collective pikachu effort to steal our bread?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
yes they have been collaborating for quite some time. Zams, what is your suggested plan of action?

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Well, what is Pikachu fighting for? If not for his bread or his friends, he doesn't stand a chance. We shouldn't worry...there's no way Pikachu can win.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
intruging... pikachu obviously fights for neither, therefore he is like switzerland, small and neutral. while we are like germany, powerful and fierce-futurama lol

Saltix

Smash Lord
Personally I prefer the air! I'll take to the skies during this operation
>__>

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
We need to make R.O.B. send us those supplies and b*tch at fox for not helping us sooner. Not like we need them anyways, but it would be nice if they eventually did something.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
We shall surround our bread and be prepared to set off all of our reflectors to stop the invasion force. (This thread is totally dead :p.)

falco141

Smash Rookie
I knew it¡¡ everybody seems to want our bread¡¡

but u know..... u cant defeat the falco¡¡¡¡

ur finally geting it.....yes... beware the falco

hmmmm bread

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
F*ck!! Our plan has been spotted out. Spies...the spies. D*mn them all!!! PIKACHUS, ABORT MISSION, SECURITY HAS BEEN BREACHED, GET THE F*CK OUT OF THERE!!!

We will get your bread and pizza cake another day, when we have reinforcements, from friends. :p Haha. HAHAHAHAHA. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *Headshotted by Falco's Laser* No...It's not fair...we were so close. Tell...my trainer...i love him *dies*

PCHU

Smash Lord
Hmm....
Falco was dominant, and it would seem as if he is still the brokenness we call main.
Wondrous.

Reflect their spam, laserlock them, chain them, usmash them, destroy their minds..... it's only a matter of time before Falco can't be stopped..........
ha...:ohwell: HAHA....:) HAHAHA:laugh: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:chuckle:

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
I say we send landmasters to the pika boards
ha:/Haha:)hahaha (wat the hell am i laughing for?) -walks away slams door thread while eating his share of bread-

PCHU

Smash Lord
Hands off my laugh.
(chainspikes and ledgehogs Light_13)
(Light_13 comes back, only to be chaingrabbed to a footstool to a suckyspotted dair to a laserlock to a boostsmash)
Advanced techs, much?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Hands off my laugh.
(chainspikes and ledgehogs Light_13)
(Light_13 comes back, only to be chaingrabbed to a footstool to a suckyspotted dair to a laserlock to a boostsmash)
Advanced techs, much?
with those moves, you must have baked a **** load of bread

PCHU

Smash Lord
Any sauce YOU'RE prepared to pay for.
But hey, you main Falco, it's all free.

And with the massive pwnage I dish out everyday, there's enough bread for all.

PCHU

Smash Lord
As I said, no need to pay if you main Falco.
Freaky, I just got through eating some chuck-e-cheese pizza.
I feel kinda sick....
RLY......

Must be because I didn't say hands off my bread.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
-slowly climbs back up to stage while PCHU dishes out dipping sauce- shoots shdl at pchu only to be spot dodged but light has no lag after shdl and boostsmash bread out of PCHU's hand. Light falls to ground with middle wing sticking in the air

Dont try me

PCHU

Smash Lord
PCHU personally prefers the air, but he uses breadmaster anyway and takes bread back with his LASAH.
Afterwards, he DOES A BARREL ROLL, and almost suicides because of it.
The bread saves him like a springy board, but sadly the bread falleth into the depths.

Enraged, a battle ensues between Light_13 and PCHU, AKA 4EVER, AKA FENIX.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
hello i just stumbled upon this thread and was wondering why falcos bread is so important. i main luigi but with falco being my secondary, am i entitled to sample some of this god-like bread?

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm in the middle of chainmeteoring Light_13, so can you wait?

Okay.
Now what?
Oh, wait, you SECOND him....

You get half a loaf (with garlic baked in), marinara sauce, and, if you're lucky, cheese topping.
No cost.

And I wouldn't say my bread is godly.
It is very rare, and more pwnsome than most others.
Yet a select few STILL top mine, because they have 'more sauces'.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
falco as a secondary?!!?
ehh, i guess you can get the ****ty ends of the bread that come in every package (the ones with alot of crust)
and no, no cheese. we cannot give cheese to an undeserving luigi mainer.

Top Bottom