• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just how good is auto-canceling?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
How much of an effect does auto canceling Bair or Nair have on my gameplay? Is it an option that I should use when I can? And if so, are there any follows ups that can come off of an auto canceled move, such as into a rest setup or something? When I play against my friends, I land a hit and know I have an ample amount of time to follow up because of the very short lag time, but my poor spacing says otherwise. How could I work on that; should I get better at controlling my aerial drift when using those moves, perhaps become more comfortable with rest combos?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Auto cancel nair rest is a thing on floaties with bad DI. Otherwise AC is just good to avoid landing lag punishes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom