• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just got pM, How do I start it up?

Cookie_Crumbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
oscarthewizird
Explain what a "brawl ISO" is, and how to get one.
A "brawl iso" is well...the game, but now on your computer. To get one youll need a program called "clean rip" (google is your friend) and a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. If you have a copy but for whatever reason your wii doesnt want to read the disc...there are other ways, but your on your own for that.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
Well, I downloaded a version that should work for Dolphin, so I don't see why I would need a brawl disk for that. My problem is just that I can't figure out how to navigate the Gecko menu, since Port 1 on the GC Adapter does nothing.

Cookie_Crumbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
oscarthewizird
Brawl disc for legality fam. Also i assumed you were using wii. If your using dolphin you can just find a version that loads pm.(i think theres one on smashboards but dont quote me on that)

Narpas_sword

ok, ignore the legality stuff - this isn't helping.
The issue here is you have half a setup.

Quick rundown of what PM is:

Project M is a brawl mod. Project M takes Brawl, then uses codes to call assets from an SD card.
The dolphin version of this is much the same. It takes Brawl, and calls assets from a 'virtual sd'

From what i can see in the video, you have a projectM elf file, which is part of the virtualSD. Brawl needs to be present for the rest of it to work.

Follow this guide:
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/2777/project-m-3-6-sd-v4-bigger-better-faster

What is needed:
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl NTSC ISO (You have to obtain this on your own. You are not allowed to ask on the site) : Check Compatibility
  • Preconfigured Ishiiruka-Dolphin FM 5.8.7 Build (from above)
  • Optional: Netplay Safe HD Retexture Pack (from above)
Then as far as obtaining an iso (which is an image of a disc)
you either need to rip one from your own brawl disc or torrent one / find a friend with one etc. - which i cant link you here.

PM isnt going to work without that.

Once you have that - we can figure out whats going wrong with the controller. because until then youre not going to have anything to control anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom