• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just got DUCK HUNTED

Guide Just got DUCK HUNTED

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
Duck Hunted submitted a new guide:

Just got DUCK HUNTED - How to be the best pet ever.

Duck is a really (un)-popular character. So these tips will assure that no on will mess with you. Read on :).

Offense or Defense?
Duck Hunt can be really complicated. What you want to do is slow your opponent, then go in for the kill. So being on defense will be good at early game. Remember, Duck has lots of ranged components, so you should get used to them in training. Using these will do TONS of damage to opponent.

STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!
In a battle you should start out by...
Read more about this guide...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
This guide is pretty vague and actually has some incorrect info.

- "The different types of hunters all do different amounts of damage, but they all shoot at a range of about half of Final Destination."
They actually shoot at different ranges, and take different amounts of time to shoot.
- I'm pretty sure the only time you can't shoot the can is when you have the frisbee out

You just need to be more specific for the rest of the guide, I think. For example, when do you actually use the frisbee? It's left a bit unclear other than "if you hit them far."
I suggest going back, learning the terminology (e.g. "making opponents not recover" is referred to as "gimping"), then making a guide.

Lots of people make guides as their first posts, so it's not like this is terrible or anything.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Nitpicky, but this stuff annoys me. The gunmen aren't hunters, they're not from Duck Hunt, they're from a different game called Wild Gunman.

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
This guide's pretty vague and some stuff is just wrong, I'm pretty sure most people should know everything in this guide already. I suggest you should clean up some of the wrong info in it and add some new stuff that would be considered new/helpful

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
This guide's pretty vague and some stuff is just wrong, I'm pretty sure most people should know everything in this guide already. I suggest you should clean up some of the wrong info in it and add some new stuff that would be considered new/helpful
Thank you for the info. I have updated the guide much and is still doing so. May you also tell me whats incorrect in my guide?

Last edited:

Duck Hunted

Smash Cadet
This guide is pretty vague and actually has some incorrect info.

- "The different types of hunters all do different amounts of damage, but they all shoot at a range of about half of Final Destination."
They actually shoot at different ranges, and take different amounts of time to shoot.
- I'm pretty sure the only time you can't shoot the can is when you have the frisbee out

You just need to be more specific for the rest of the guide, I think. For example, when do you actually use the frisbee? It's left a bit unclear other than "if you hit them far."
I suggest going back, learning the terminology (e.g. "making opponents not recover" is referred to as "gimping"), then making a guide.

Lots of people make guides as their first posts, so it's not like this is terrible or anything.
Thank you for reminding me

Last edited:

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
you cannot do neutral air, frward air, backward or your spike on your can while its in the air is what im saying. You nor your opponent
I know that I can't hit the can, but you're wrong when you say the opponent can't hit the can with any aerial move. Go test it for yourself.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
You know what, make a guide when you have comprehensive knowledge about the character. Being objectively wrong in terms of terminology and certain facts, as well as being extremely vague is actually harmful to new players who may come across this guide.

Last edited:

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
you cannot do neutral air, frward air, backward or your spike on your can while its in the air is what im saying. You nor your opponent
Hey it's indeed true that Duck Hunt himself can't hit the can while its in the air, but opponents can slap/kick the can away from them while airborne. It's annoying and it ain't fair, but it's the truth. Try it with somebody, have them be Sheik (or somebody with a crazy good range fair) and see how often they can hit flying cans away. It sucks.

Top Bottom