• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just another one of the "possibilities": Ragna the Bloodedge for Smash Ultimate!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ragna the Bloodedge is the main protagonist of the long-running fighting game series by Arc System Works, Blazblue. His most recent appearance is in the crossover fighting game, Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle. But I say that one crossover isn't enough for this character. I say that he should be allowed into the best crossover fighting game of all time!

"What makes you think this edgy guy would work in Smash Bros?"

Well, he already comes from a fighting game, so it would be easy to come up with a moveset for him. You could even take a page from Ryu's book and make him a more technical character than the rest of the cast with quarter circle inputs and the like.

"Does this guy have any history at all with Nintendo?"

An updated version of one of his games, Blazblue: Continuum Shift was released on the 3DS among other consoles back in 2011, and most recently, Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle was announced to be coming to the Switch, for release on June 5th. With his presence on both one of the most successful consoles Nintendo has released, plus the most recent console, I'd say he has a good enough history.

"So what? His most recent game was on the Switch. I bet it doesn't fit in with Smash Ultimate's development cycle just like [Insert character that debuted on the Switch here]"

A valid argument, but I can disprove it with two points. 1) Ragna is a character that was established long before Smash Ultimate began development, and well before the Switch was even a thing. 2) We've known that a Blazblue game was coming to the Switch as early as January 2017, back when Nintendo held their big Switch presentation. Of course, that means Nintendo has to have known about it well before us, as early as 2016, the exact same year Smash Ultimate began development.

"More anime swordsmen?! Not in my Smash Bros!"

Well, technically, Ragna's weapon is a scythe, so he's not an anime swordsman, per se, but I understand the stigma around characters similar to Ragna. However, I'm positive he could bring something fresh to the table, so I hope that the whole "anime swordsman" thing wouldn't detract from him too much.
And that's my argument for this character! I hope you all agree with me and help support Ragna for this new game! Stages and music choices will be added at a later date, so feel free to make suggestions!

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I support if only for the music. Blazblue has characters I like far far more than rags but the music is good.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I support if only for the music. Blazblue has characters I like far far more than rags but the music is good.
I agree, there are characters I like far more than Ragna from Blazblue, but when it comes to third-parties, you gotta support the main character.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I agree, there are characters I like far more than Ragna from Blazblue, but when it comes to third-parties, you gotta support the main character.

Of course, but I would take Noel or Hazama Over Rags in a heartbeat.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I think people forgot that the 2nd game in the BB series was on the 3ds it was rare but it was there and it's good that you remembered lol a lot of people are just going to see the one on the switch

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I didn't know that Blazblue made it onto Nintendo consoles! Well I personally haven't played any Blazblue game, but I have played Guilty Gear sooo close enough I guess? If there were to be an ArcSys character in Smash, it probably would be Ragna. Thing is though I tend to lump him in with characters like Laharl, Saber, and Monokuma who while they would be cool additions, seem like long shots even if characters like Cloud and Bayonetta made it in.

Hmm I'll think about this one some more though...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Support, I just got into Blazblue recently and I think the series is deserving of a rep.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Definitely one of my most wanted, I've played the demo for Cross Tag Battle last year, and I enjoyed it. I would love to see Ragna join the roster. Count me in.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Even though the chances of it are unlikely, I would LOVE to see a BlazBlue rep in Smash, and Ragna is no exception. He is my favorite BlazBlue character, and I feel like his sword attacks mixed with his Azure Grimoire powers would make an interesting moveset. I'd also like to see Noel Vermillion as the possible BlazBlue rep as well (another favorite of mine from those games), but I feel like Ragna is more likely because he has the main protagonist role.

Add me to the supporter list please! Ragna in Smash would be very hype for me!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I would like to voice my support for Ragna. Not the biggest Blazblue fan by any stretch, but I am probably going to be getting BBTAG before the new update comes out. He feels like the most likely ArkSys rep to me, but I am not entirely sure why. I guess it's just a gut feeling.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm also here to support! I enjoy BB quite a bit and would love to see the general anime fighter genre get some love in Smash Bros. Bonus points if he retains some of his referential colour pallets (especially his Sol and Ruby ones).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm also here to support! I enjoy BB quite a bit and would love to see the general anime fighter genre get some love in Smash Bros. Bonus points if he retains some of his referential colour pallets (especially his Sol and Ruby ones).
You know, I hadn't even considered him getting some of the more referential alts. How many alts does he have in the game overall?

You know, I just realized how nice it would be to finally get a scythe user after all this time. I mean, we have the Death Scythe, but that's an item.

amageish

Smash Master
You know, I hadn't even considered him getting some of the more referential alts. How many alts does he have in the game overall?

You know, I just realized how nice it would be to finally get a scythe user after all this time. I mean, we have the Death Scythe, but that's an item.
Across all of his games, I'd say Ragna has at minimum three dozen different pallets, many just being colours, but many also referencing things. If he got into Smash, I'd rather they stick with the fighting game reference pallets. So, Jin from BlazBlue, Sol from Guilty Gear, Yu from Persona 4 Arena, Ruby from RWBY, and... the other ones he has probably had that don't instantly come to mind.

It'd also be great to "Um, Actually" people who call him an anime sword-user. "It can turn into a scythe too!"

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Support!

BlazBlue is what got me into Beat-em-Ups in the first place. Even though Ragna is pissed off most of the time and there are some characters I like more, he should still be the one joining Smash. He is the main character and goes through a lot of character development in all the games (not saying he is the only one tho).
Maybe I will try to make a moveset for him...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Across all of his games, I'd say Ragna has at minimum three dozen different pallets, many just being colours, but many also referencing things. If he got into Smash, I'd rather they stick with the fighting game reference pallets. So, Jin from BlazBlue, Sol from Guilty Gear, Yu from Persona 4 Arena, Ruby from RWBY, and... the other ones he has probably had that don't instantly come to mind.

It'd also be great to "Um, Actually" people who call him an anime sword-user. "It can turn into a scythe too!"
It would make sense for his Smash appearance to have some sort of nod to BBTAG like that.

Funny, I am pretty sure that has been a recurring element of Byleth discussion.
Support!

BlazBlue is what got me into Beat-em-Ups in the first place. Even though Ragna is pissed off most of the time and there are some characters I like more, he should still be the one joining Smash. He is the main character and goes through a lot of character development in all the games (not saying he is the only one tho).
Maybe I will try to make a moveset for him...
Beat-em-ups? Don't you mean fighting games? Because a beat-em-up is something like Streets of Rage or River City Ransom.

amageish

Smash Master
It would make sense for his Smash appearance to have some sort of nod to BBTAG like that..
Yes, though those colours have existed before BBTAG. BlazBlue loves to reference things with its colour pallets - most games even have a dedicated number that will all be Persona-themed pallets. RWBY also got a lot of nods, even before BBTAG was announced.

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Hi again,
I had some free time so i tried my best to make my first moveset for Smash. Here we go.

RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE (BLAZBLUE)

Ragna would be a middle-heavy (= Link) character who uses his sword that can turn into a scythe. Furthermore he can profit of some healing properties with his specials.

Gimmicks:

• Ragna re-holsters his Sword/Scythe(transformed back into the sword) whenever he is not using it.
  • Ragna also heals off his special moves, calling this passive „Soul Eater“. Percentages healt depend on his own state and the move used. Hitting shields/counters does not heal him.
  • If his Specials are activated again while the hit connects (you will have a small, but resonable window to do that. Comparable to Inceneroar's well timed S-Special.) you will perform an additional hit.

Jab:

A standing jab with his index and middle finger knuckles forward. Has some anti-air purposes due to he height oft he hit (though this can cause some characters to crouch under it). Can be used up to three times via rapid-firing the button. Cannot kill at any percents, just pushest he opponent back.

F-Tilt:

A leaning forward backspin/turning roundhouse kick. Decent speed and good range, works great as a poke due to how far Ragna leans forward then moves back during the attack. Sends enemies to the side. Kills at 140% in the middle of the stage(this applies to all the percentages named).

D-Tilt:

A crouching far tap kick. Staple crouching medium kick that hits low. Sends enemies slightly above him. Kills at 200%

U-Tilt:

Ragna performs a low-hitting sword stab, and then with a rising sword slash (both done in reverse grip). Launches on the second hit towards the top. Slow, but strong move. Kills at 110%

Nair:

A jumping punching jab. Locks the opponent in place if the move keeps getting used, just like the jab. Can be used up to three times in one attack before launching the enemy. Kills at 180% towards the side.

Fair:

A jumping straight kick. Hits pretty hard. Kind of like Ganondorfs Nair second kick. Kills at 130% to the side.

Bair:

A jumping inward spinning sword swipe in reverse grip. Ragna turns around the perform this hit and stays looking in this direction after doing so (similar to Marth). Kills at 95% to the side.

Uair:

Ragna goes into in a spiraling motion while uppercutting with a sword slash hilt first (again, in reverse grip). Kills at 150% off the top if used on ground level FD.

Dair:

Ragna goes slightly forward circle-slashing with his sword (turned into the scythe) downward in a midair turn. Meteor smashes at the lowest point oft he hit. The move works like Palutena‘s Dair, just bigger. Kills onstage at 170% off the top.

FSmash:

Ragna turns his sword into the scythe while charging and attacks his foe with a forward chop. Kills at 100-70% to the side.

USmash:

Similar to his U-Tilt, but without the stab at first. Kills at 115-80% off the top.

DSmash:

A backwards leaning sword swing, performed in a spinning motion. Hits on both sides of Ragna. Kills at 130-90% to each side.

Grab:

Ragna simply grabs opponents with one of his hands while extending his arm.

Pummel:
(No Picture)
Ragna rapidly slams his other elbow into the opponent’s face.

F-Throw:

Ragna holds the opponent at arm’s length and then knees them away. Kills at 160%

B-Throw:

Ragna drives the opponent down to the ground, then scrapes them on the ground and flings them into the air behind himself. Similar to K-Rool’s B-Throw. Always flings the opponent at the same height (being above Ragnas head) and thus, never kills.

U-Throw:

Ragna lifts the opponent above his head and stabs them with his sword. Kills at 150% off the top.

D-Throw:
(no picture)
Simply slams the enemy into the ground, sending them upward. Kills at 320%

Remember:
  • Ragna heals off his special moves, calling this passive „Soul Eater“. Percentages healt depend on his own state and the move used. Hitting shields/counters does not heal him.
  • If his Specials are activated again while the hit connects (you will have a small, but resonable window to do that. Comparable to Inceneroar's well timed S-Special.) you will perform an additional hit.

N-Special: Blood Scythe

Ragna lifts his sword above his head (first hit) in reverse grip, then slams it back down again (second hit). Slow move, but faster than a warlock punch. First hit locks enemies in place. Cannot be charged. Second hit heals for 1/8 of the percentages he has on hit. Kills at 120% to the side. First hit does never kill. If the move is activated again while the hit connects, you will perform an additional hit.

N-Special: Additional Hit

If N-Special is activated again on hit, Ragna thrusts the edge of his sword upwards in an uppercutting spiral turn via reverse grip. Heals for another 1/8 of his own dmg. Kills at 90% upwards.

S-Special: Hells Fang

Ragna dashes at the opponent with his leading hand engulfed in darkness. Heals for 1/20 of his own percentages on hit. Kills at 160% to the side. If the move is activated again while the hit connects, you will perform an additional hit.

S-Special: Additional Hit

If S-Special is activated again on hit, Ragna swing-claws forward his following arm and strikes the opponent with dark energy in the shape of a beast’s head that bites forward. Heals for 1/10 of his own percantages on hit. Kills at 90% to the side.

U-Special: Inferno Divider

Ragna hops into the air and strikes with his sword over his shoulder. Ragna becomes airborne if he was on ground before. The range is about Ganondorfs U-Special. Heals for 1/15 of Ragnas dmg. Only pushes opponents upward. If the move is activated again while the hit connects, you will perform an additional hit.

U-Special: Additional Hit

Ragna turns in a fast motion in the air (all while re-holstering his sword) to follow up with an uppercut. This will result in a mediocre height gain and has a comparable small hitbox, but will kill at 110% off the top. Does not heal.

D-Special: Dead Spike

Ragna swings his sword upward and charges this move to release dark energy from his sword in the shape of one ofa beast’s head. The projectile crawls lower across the ground, but has long range as the head moves. Hits multiple times before it slams itself into the ground and disapperares. Heals for 1/20-1/10 of Ragnas own dmg (depends on the charge time) and kills at 180-140%. Also Damages Shielding opponents for half the damage without damaging the shield or dealing knockback. Can be reflected (will heal the reflecting enemy instead!) and absorbed. Has no additional attack.

Final Smash: „Black Onslaught!“

Ragna turns into a black shadow and performs a large strike with his scythe. If the hit connects, the screen turns black while Ragna relentlessly slaughters his opponent. Whilst doing so he yells „Black Onslaught!“. The final blow will instakill enemies above 100%, otherwise smash them towards one oft he upper edges of the screen. Ragna himself will turn normal again, if he whiffs or the attack is finished. If this move instakills an opponent, Ragna will heal himself for 1/2 of his own damage + 10%.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Though I never played any of the Blazblue games, I'm a supporter of Ragna getting into Smash Bros.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hi again,
I had some free time so i tried my best to make my first moveset for Smash. Here we go.

Ragna would be a middle-heavy (= Link) character who uses his sword that can turn into a scythe. Furthermore he can profit of some healing properties with his specials.

Gimmicks:

• Ragna re-holsters his Sword/Scythe(transformed back into the sword) whenever he is not using it.
  • Ragna also heals off his special moves, calling this passive „Soul Eater“. Percentages healt depend on his own state and the move used. Hitting shields/counters does not heal him.

Jab:

A standing jab with his index and middle finger knuckles forward. Has some anti-air purposes due to he height oft he hit (though this can cause some characters to crouch under it). Can be used up to three times via rapid-firing the button. Cannot kill at any percents, just pushest he opponent back.

F-Tilt:

A leaning forward backspin/turning roundhouse kick. Decent speed and good range, works great as a poke due to how far Ragna leans forward then moves back during the attack. Sends enemies to the side. Kills at 140% in the middle of the stage(this applies to all the percentages named).

D-Tilt:

A crouching far tap kick. Staple crouching medium kick that hits low. Sends enemies slightly above him. Kills at 200%

U-Tilt:

Ragna performs a low-hitting sword stab, and then with a rising sword slash (both done in reverse grip). Launches on the second hit towards the top. Slow, but strong move. Kills at 110%

Nair:

A jumping punching jab. Locks the opponent in place if the move keeps getting used, just like the jab. Can be used up to three times in one attack before launching the enemy. Kills at 180% towards the side.

Fair:

A jumping straight kick. Hits pretty hard. Kind of like Ganondorfs Nair second kick. Kills at 130% to the side.

Bair:

A jumping inward spinning sword swipe in reverse grip. Ragna turns around the perform this hit and stays looking in this direction after doing so (similar to Marth). Kills at 95% to the side.

Uair:

Ragna goes into in a spiraling motion while uppercutting with a sword slash hilt first (again, in reverse grip). Kills at 150% off the top if used on ground level FD.

Dair:

Ragna goes slightly forward circle-slashing with his sword (turned into the scythe) downward in a midair turn. Meteor smashes at the lowest point oft he hit. The move works like Palutena‘s Dair, just bigger. Kills onstage at 170% off the top.

FSmash:

Ragna turns his sword into the scythe while charging and attacks his foe with a forward chop. Kills at 100-70% to the side.

USmash:

Similar to his U-Tilt, but without the stab at first. Kills at 115-80% off the top.

DSmash:

A backwards leaning sword swing, performed in a spinning motion. Hits on both sides of Ragna. Kills at 130-90% to each side.

Grab:

Pummel:
(No Picture)

F-Throw:

Ragna holds the opponent at arm’s length and then knees them away. Kills at 160%

B-Throw:

Ragna drives the opponent down to the ground, then scrapes them on the ground and flings them into the air behind himself. Similar to K-Rool’s B-Throw. Always flings the opponent at the same height (being above Ragnas head) and thus, never kills.

U-Throw:

Ragna lifts the opponent above his head and stabs them with his sword. Kills at 150% off the top.

D-Throw:
(no picture)

Remember:
  • Ragna heals off his special moves, calling this passive „Soul Eater“. Percentages healt depend on his own state and the move used. Hitting shields/counters does not heal him.

Ragna lifts his sword above his head (first hit) in reverse grip, then slams it back down again (second hit). Slow move, but faster than a warlock punch. First hit locks enemies in place. Cannot be charged. Second hit heals for 1/8 of the percentages he has on hit. Kills at 120% to the side. First hit does never kill. If the move is activated again while the hit connects, you will perform an additional hit.

If N-Special is activated again on hit, Ragna thrusts the edge of his sword upwards in an uppercutting spiral turn via reverse grip. Heals for another 1/8 of his own dmg. Kills at 90% upwards.

Ragna dashes at the opponent with his leading hand engulfed in darkness. Heals for 1/20 of his own percentages on hit. Kills at 160% to the side. If the move is activated again while the hit connects, you will perform an additional hit.

If S-Special is activated again on hit, Ragna swing-claws forward his following arm and strikes the opponent with dark energy in the shape of a beast’s head that bites forward. Heals for 1/10 of his own percantages on hit. Kills at 90% to the side.

Ragna hops into the air and strikes with his sword over his shoulder. Ragna becomes airborne if he was on ground before. The range is about Ganondorfs U-Special. Heals for 1/15 of Ragnas dmg. Only pushes opponents upward. If the move is activated again while the hit connects, you will perform an additional hit.

Ragna turns in a fast motion in the air (all while re-holstering his sword) to follow up with an uppercut. This will result in a mediocre height gain and has a comparable small hitbox, but will kill at 110% off the top. Does not heal.

Ragna swings his sword upward and charges this move to release dark energy from his sword in the shape of one ofa beast’s head. The projectile crawls lower across the ground, but has long range as the head moves. Hits multiple times before it slams itself into the ground and disapperares. Heals for 1/20-1/10 of Ragnas own dmg (depends on the charge time) and kills at 180-140%. Also Damages Shielding opponents for half the damage without damaging the shield or dealing knockback. Can be reflected (will heal the reflecting enemy instead!) and absorbed. Has no additional attack.

Ragna turns into a black shadow and performs a large strike with his scythe. If the hit connects, the screen turns black while Ragna relentlessly slaughters his opponent. Whilst doing so he yells „Black Onslaught!“. The final blow will instakill enemies above 100%, otherwise smash them towards one oft he upper edges of the screen. Ragna himself will turn normal again, if he whiffs or the attack is finished. If this move instakills an opponent, Ragna will heal himself for 1/2 of his own damage + 10%.
I rather like this moveset, as it is true to games and offers a unique gimmick for him in his healing(About every third party has some sort of gimmick, so it almost seems like a must).

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
I rather like this moveset, as it is true to games and offers a unique gimmick for him in his healing(About every third party has some sort of gimmick, so it almost seems like a must).
That's what I thought as well.
I really don't know if the damage/healing is completely balanced as I made it, but that should not matter too much.
However I would certainly play him if he was to be released in the fighters pass.

Considering his' games popularity in Japan, I would say his chances of getting in aren't too low. It's a "possibility".

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I support Ragna. I've played one of the Blazblue games, and while I don't quite understand the story or gameplay, I could see Ragna translating pretty well into Smash. Sign me up.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What stage would Ragna come with? There is ton to choose from, but I imagine it would be the one that is most iconic.

KillerCage

Smash Master
If Ragna were to get into Smash Bros, what Blazblue music tracks would you guys like to see accompany him besides "Rebellion?" I personally would like to see "lust Sin," "Bullet Dance," "Gluttony Fang," and "Awaken the Chaos" make into Smash.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh, yes. You are right, I always confuse those two. IDK why ^^"

Hi again,

Gimmicks:

Jab:

F-Tilt:

D-Tilt:

U-Tilt:

Nair:

Fair:

Bair:

Uair:

Dair:

FSmash:

USmash:

DSmash:

Grab:

Pummel:
(No Picture)

F-Throw:

B-Throw:

U-Throw:

D-Throw:
(no picture)

Remember:

That's a great moveset there! Stays true to the character and his game while also doing a good job highlighting a unique gimmick that he has compared to other fighters thanks to his healing ability. I liked the pictures you used for reference as well; good visuals!

I can definitely see this being Ragna's moveset in Smash!

What stage would Ragna come with? There is ton to choose from, but I imagine it would be the one that is most iconic.
The Cauldron from Calamity Trigger definitely comes to mind as an iconic stage, especially since that is where he fights Nu-13.

I imagine the middle walkway serving as the main platform with a long fallout area underneath and may a few platforms on top. Nu-13 would be a fitting stage boss for this stage too.

Though not as iconic as the Calamity Trigger Cauldron and thus less likely to be picked, the Master Unit Amaterasu is also a very important aspect to BlazBlue and serves a major role in Continuum Shift and Central Fiction, and I feel like it could also fit well for a Smash stage. I imagine it being similar to the Halberd where you fight on a battlefield that floats around the structure, showing you many different angles of Amaterasu. The battlefield then rests on Amaterasu itself, where Hades Izanami would likely appear as a fitting stage boss.

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
If Ragna were to get into Smash Bros, what Blazblue music tracks would you guys like to see accompany him besides "Rebellion?" I personally would like to see "lust Sin," "Bullet Dance," "Gluttony Fang," and "Awaken the Chaos" make into Smash.
good choice of tracks imo. I personally would add Childish Killer (v1) as well...

The Cauldron from Calamity Trigger definitely comes to mind as an iconic stage, especially since that is where he fights Nu-13.

I imagine the middle walkway serving as the main platform with a long fallout area underneath and may a few platforms on top. Nu-13 would be a fitting stage boss for this stage too.

Though not as iconic as the Calamity Trigger Cauldron and thus less likely to be picked, the Master Unit Amaterasu is also a very important aspect to BlazBlue and serves a major role in Continuum Shift and Central Fiction, and I feel like it could also fit well for a Smash stage. I imagine it being similar to the Halberd where you fight on a battlefield that floats around the structure, showing you many different angles of Amaterasu. The battlefield then rests on Amaterasu itself, where Hades Izanami would likely appear as a fitting stage boss.
The Couldron would be the most fitting because it's where Noel interrupted the whole thing of Ragna being killed thus starting the events of the series. I honestly don't know if Nu-13 should be a boss (since she isn't as big as the bosses of smash used to be) or just a stage hazard firing stuff from the background - maybe combine those two?

Amaterasu seems like a good second stage as well.

Ragna's classic mode should reference his arcade runs in the games. Which means stamina matches against ZSS (Noel), Palutena (Tsubaki), Snake and Samus (Relius Clover) and a finale against Hazama/Terumi or one of the bosses in Smash. Who do you think would be fitting fighters for this?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Ragna's classic mode should reference his arcade runs in the games. Which means stamina matches against ZSS (Noel), Palutena (Tsubaki), Snake and Samus (Relius Clover) and a finale against Hazama/Terumi or one of the bosses in Smash. Who do you think would be fitting fighters for this?
Speaking of Hazama/Terumi, I had an idea of him being an "assist trophy" if Ragna got into Smash Bros. If Hazama/Terumi is summoned, he will attack the SUMMONER instead of the other fighters though anyone who gets in his way will not get out unscathed. I noticed that Smash Bros doesn't have an Assist Trophy (or Pokemon for that matter) that directly harms the summoner and considering Hazama/Terumi is the most evil troll in gaming, he fit into that niche quite nicely in my opinion.

KatKit

Smash Lord
His chararcter arc was soooo good.

Also, if there is no Spectacles of Eros Popularity Glasses alt, we riot.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
His chararcter arc was soooo good.

Also, if there is no Spectacles of Eros Popularity Glasses alt, we riot.
I am not the most knowledgeable about BlazBlue, but I know very well about what Ragna does. And I respect that man so hard because of it.

Just when you thought Joker was the ultimate harem friend making master of Smash, Ragna comes to usurp him in the most stylish way possible.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Rathalos can represent the Black Beast as a boss. Either that or green Robin with boosted stats.

Your post gave me an idea for a couple of Spirit Battles:

The Six Heroes - Incineroar w/ beam sword (Jubei), Bayonetta (Nine [this is so perfect]), Metaknight (Hakumen), Zelda (Platinum), Wolf (Valkenhayn), Palutena (since she's also a green-haired troll) or Robin (Terumi)

Rachel - Peach with Alucard assist trophy and lightning items spawning with high wind hazard

Jin - Marth and Ice Climbers with Freezies constantly spawning

Izayoi and Makoto - Lucina and Pikachu

Last edited:

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Hazama/Terumi, I had an idea of him being an "assist trophy" if Ragna got into Smash Bros. If Hazama/Terumi is summoned, he will attack the SUMMONER instead of the other fighters though anyone who gets in his way will not get out unscathed. I noticed that Smash Bros doesn't have an Assist Trophy (or Pokemon for that matter) that directly harms the summoner and considering Hazama/Terumi is the most evil troll in gaming, he fit into that niche quite nicely in my opinion.
Ooh I didn't think about that. There really is no such thing as a harmful assist trophy or pokemon, just useless ones like Goldeen or some with mirror effects, but never only against the user (though the watch or the lightning can only affect the user). Would certainly be a fun idea :p

Rathalos can represent the Black Beast as a boss. Either that or green Robin with boosted stats.

Your post gave me an idea for a couple of Spirit Battles:

The Six Heroes - Incineroar w/ beam sword (Jubei), Bayonetta (Nine [this is so perfect]), Metaknight (Hakumen), Zelda (Platinum), Wolf (Valkenhayn), Palutena (since she's also a green-haired troll) or Robin (Terumi)

Rachel - Peach with Alucard assist trophy and lightning items spawning

Jin - Marth and Ice Climbers with Freezies constantly spawning

Izayoi and Makoto - Lucina and Pikachu
That's about the spirit board which comes with the DLC. I tried to make a fight for Iron Tager with metal and maxi ganondorf, but there is the thing with the sword...

amageish

Smash Master
Random thought, we now have enough franchises in BBTAG that, were he to get into Smash, every one of Ranga's alts could reference other anime fighters.

Costume 1: Standard Ragna
Costume 2: Jin from BlazBlue
Costume 3: Yu from Persona 4 Arena
Costume 4: Hyde from UnderNight In-Birth
Costume 5: Ruby from RWBY
Costume 6: Heart from Arcana Heart
Costume 7: Whoever-You-Feel-The-Protagonist-Is from Senran Kagura
Costume 8: Akatsuki from Akatsuki Blitzkampf

Jin could be the blue team, Ruby could be the red team, and... uh... if they use Asuka for SK, she could be green?

Azcorban

Smash Cadet
Random thought, we now have enough franchises in BBTAG that, were he to get into Smash, every one of Ranga's alts could reference other anime fighters.

Costume 1: Standard Ragna
Costume 2: Jin from BlazBlue
Costume 3: Yu from Persona 4 Arena
Costume 4: Hyde from UnderNight In-Birth
Costume 5: Ruby from RWBY
Costume 6: Heart from Arcana Heart
Costume 7: Whoever-You-Feel-The-Protagonist-Is from Senran Kagura
Costume 8: Akatsuki from Akatsuki Blitzkampf

Jin could be the blue team, Ruby could be the red team, and... uh... if they use Asuka for SK, she could be green?
Eventhough I think having all these characters in Smash would be nice, I'm not quite sure if they would be fitting as a Ragna costume.

Ragnas Weapon, the Blood Scythe, is just so big, which makes it hard to reskin to f.ex. the icy katana Jin is wielding. Let alone the effects of life-stealing (as I made them in my moveset, but if there isn't that mechanic, it's no problem ofc.) wouldn't make any sense on the other characters.

Is being a Ragna skin really fitting/derserved for these characters?

Top Bottom