• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just an interesting tip, may be common knowledge, but who knows?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
So, I've been mixing in a heavy dose of R.O.B. lately, and whatknot. Of course he's a great character and all that jazz. 'Nuff said about that.

Anyway, I know that this may in fact be common knowledge for some ROB players, but I'm more or less posting this for the casual ROB player that might drift in, or someone just picking them up.

So, ROBS B-air is schweet. An interesting thing I found, was that the attack also hits w/ his head. Not neccesarily the top of his head, but more on the sides, like where his eyes are (since he's sideways in the air). I need to test it out a bit more, but I was thinking that you could approach normally with a SH, instead of doing that (forgot the name of it off hand) thing where you turn just as you jump to have your momentum carry you forward, attacking the front with the B-Air.

Also, as a side note- the B-air can be used for aiding in recovery, laterally of course. And if I'm not mistaken ROB gains a smidgen of vertical ground as he turns back upright, therefore not wasting any extra vertical distance- as if he needed it. I know this lil' 'recovery aid' is probably useless to some considering that his recovery is nasty- and you can attack out of it, but- just thought I'd mention it.

Eaode

Smash Champion
The reverse Bair hitbox isn't really anything revolutionary, but I appreciate you posting about it. The Problem is that if you go for the reverse Bair you have to be really close to your opponent already, which isn't really a good idea with the Bair's startup, plus it's pushing you toward the enemy.

And Yes, the Bair is noyce for recovery, allows you to not use your Up-B sometimes, or conserve for when you really need it.

PS. The turnaround thing is called RAR (Reverse Aerial Rush)

Sharky

Smash Master
he's talking about hitting with the head, so you don't have to start right next to the opponent. Just a little different from what you were thinking, I believe.

However, using that is pretty much asking to be shield grabbed/attacked, so I wouldn't recommend it for repeated use.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Ya, I assumed being shield grabbed and such would be quite easy, but its a good way to throw off your opponent every now and then, plus, its slightly more forgiveable if you don't space correctly every so often and you wind up hitting w/ the head.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
yea but there are alot of people ull face, and Reverse Bair is not so bad of an approach, its kinda mindgamey, and can still kill ok. Plus it moves kinda fast and its easier to hit with then normally most of the time, and can help u set up for a WoP, or just remove wats around u, since its both sides

Sharky

Smash Master
Oh yeah I'm all for the RAR, I use it reasonably often myself. You just have to read what the opponent's gonna do, cause if he attacks while you're moving in, you might get hit by the attack during your start-up lag from the bair.

Top Bottom