• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"Welcome strangers! Glad you are all able to stop by for your nice retreat to the town of... wait. Utopian, what'd you do now?"

"What do you mean? We're enjoying a nice little vacation in a tropical rain forest!"

"...Utopian. I cannot believe it. This is the FOURTH time managed to send us skydiving into an isolated jungle THIS WEEK!"

"Hey, you can't blame me for using outrageous and unreasonable means to create an imaginary environment. Skydiving into a Jungle Republic seemed just plausible to me."

"Gosh dang it Utopian, you're making me change the subject. Stop getting meta with the civilians, I can only take so many hits to the fourth wall before my mind implodes. Also stop looking at the camera for extra effect."

"Touché, Poyzin. On that cheery note, here are the rules!"

Setup:

3 Mafia Goons

2 Werewolf Goons

6 Vanilla Townies

1 Town Seer

Mechanics:
1. The Mafia DO NOT possess a nightkill, but the Werewolves DO.
2. The Town Seer receives results as Werewolf/Not Werewolf.
3. The mafia or werewolves win if they obtain a full majority of living players, or if they make up half and at least one protown role is still alive.
4. If the mafia and werewolves ever make up equal numbers, with no protown roles left alive, then mafia win. Mafia also win if a day phase begins with one mafia, one werewolf, and one protown.

Rules:
1. No personal attacks against any of the players or the mods.
2. No editing posts. Double posting is fine if you need to make a correction.
3. No quoting any of the mod or factional communication of any kind into the game thread. Paraphrase if need be.
4. No screenshots of any kind.
5. Once you are dead, you can no longer post in the game thread.*
5.5. When you die, you may ask the mods in your PM to post one "death-sentence" in your name. Mods have the final say on what is appropriate to be posted, and can choose not to post a player's death message if it would affect the gamestate.
6. No talking about the game with players who are dead or those who are not playing.
7. No talking about the game anywhere outside of this game thread.
8. All faction communication (mafiatalk, weretalk) is restricted to the night phase only. No faction talking during the day.
9. No hidden codes, messages, or other text that cannot easily be read. This is includes posting in other languages. This rule is much less strict for the mafioso and werewolves, but there is still a rule of thumb. If there is a hidden message that not even your faction partners can read, then it's not acceptable.
10. Enjoy yourself while playing the game. It's a g-a-m-e.
11. Don't break the rules. Or else I'm gonna have to do something that may involve you being warned or modkilled, depending on how it affects the gamestate.

Other Information:
1. Day phases will last 72 hours (3 full days), and night phases will last 24 hours (1 full day).
2. Only bolded votes will be recorded. (Ex. Vote: Ryker, Unvote)
3. You can vote for a No Lynch. (Ex. Vote: No Lynch)
4. The hammer to end the day phase is met when 50% of the town votes to lynch one player. In other words, a majority.
4.5.1 If the hammer is not met before the end of the day phase, then the player with the most votes is lynched.
4.5.2 If there is a tie for the most votes when the day phase ends, then a No Lynch occurs.
5. Prods WILL be issued for not posting in 24 hours. Players with 3 prods will be replaced.

Game Moderators:
1. UtopianPoyzin
2. Thirdkoopa

Player List:
1. #HBC | FrozeηFlame
2. KevinM
3. Rajam
4. Maven89
5. Lore
6. Pythag
7. Z25
8. Tom
9. #HBC | Red Ryu
10. Brindor
11. Raxxel
12. #HBC | Mac

Replacements:

Mafia Goon
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [Conversation link].
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Werewolf Goon
  • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Werewolf Goon, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Abilities:
  • Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [Conversation Link].
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, you or your partner may perform the group nightkill.
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are werewolves and at least one pro-town role remains, or if you obtain full majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Vanilla Townie
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:
  • Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Seer
  • Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Seer.
Abilities:
  • Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Werewolf/Not Werewolf.
Win condition:
  • You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Day 1: Brindol was lynched. They were the Town Seer.
Night 1: Tom was killed. They were a Mafia Goon.
Day 2: Lore was lynched. They were a Mafia Goon.
Night 2: #HBC | Mac was killed. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Day 3: #HBC | Red Ryu was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Night 3: KevinM was killed. They were a Mafia Goon.
Day 4: No Lynch occurs.
Night 4: Pythag was killed. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Day 5: Maven89 was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.
Day 5: Z25 and Raxxel were endgamed. They were both Vanilla Townies.
Day 5: FrozenFlame and Rajam win the game. They were both Werewolf Goons.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does this mean we get role pm’s tomorrow? Or did I totally screw up when I said confirming when in fact I did not receive a role.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Does this mean we get role pm’s tomorrow? Or did I totally screw up when I said confirming when in fact I did not receive a role.
(You're getting ahead of me, I just put the thread out 15 minutes ago, and I only just made the RNG for the roles. It did include Mac's slot, or whoever their replacement is. I used the confirmations from last game and counted them for here. Roles are coming out for THIS game, not Midnight Ops.)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
"It has now reached that time, Utopian. The civilians of the unnamed Jungle Republic have been called, and the twelve who have assembled here are all confirmed and present."

"It seems there are no more preparations to be held. With that being said..."

"The game is on!"

Alive:
#HBC | FrozeηFlame
KevinM
Rajam
Maven89
Lore
Pythag
Z25
Tom
#HBC | Red Ryu
Brindor
Raxxel
#HBC | Mac

Day 1 ends on August 22, at 3 PM EST. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame KevinM KevinM Rajam Rajam Maven89 Maven89 Lore Lore Pythag Pythag Z25 Z25 Tom Tom #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Brindor Brindor Raxxel Raxxel #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just an fyi. I have a conclusion so I can’t really stay on for too long but I’ll make an effort to pop in

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame - Hey bud, ready to body this game? What is your approach to dealing with newer players that you don't have a lot of meta on that may be more inexperienced? More pressure? Less Pressure? Chainsaw them down let it all get sorted out later?

KevinM - Hey man, shame that Swiss Swiss didn't want to play with you this game, tough luck I'm sure he'll come around. God you're so good at mafia its incredible.. how confirmed town are you gonna be this game? 10,000%? 15,000%? So high that Tom finally can't question it?

Rajam- Yooo, I like your style, coming and voting like that really got me feeling some type of wayyyy. What's your general strategy on D1, how are you going to help me win this game?

Maven89- You were INCREDIBLY inactive in the first attempt at a summer game this year, you wouldn't do that to me again would you? You like me to much and you like winning to much right? I'll probably be checking in with you a bunch just to see where your head is at so I don't have a pythag situation like last game.

Lore- So you're not going to spam the thread as much this time? God bless. Since you are going to be avoiding the large amounts of back and forths that you tend to clog the thread with how are you going to go about pressuring your scum reads that you ascertain through the game?

Pythag- God I can't wait to see revitalized Pythag taking some stances and swinging their crank around with me. Very exciting.. what is your game plan to assert yourself more in this game?

Z25- Welcome to mafia! Have you played before and I'm just being the old man yelling at clouds that didn't notice or is this your first game. Hope you feel better, conclusions can often be wrong and concussions can be worse.

Tom- Tom what percentage of town do I have to tell you I am this game so that you'll believe me and our hearts can soar to victory? 5000% wasn't enough last time and I thought it was pretty clear that I, KevinM, will never steer you wrong. Do I need to go further beyond? You had a hangup last game of not being confident enough to coerce town to band together on reads, how are you feeling coming into this game?

#HBC | Red Ryu- Long time no see bud, I'll inevitably get annoyed with the fact that I can't read you since you play dumb/scum better than anyone else.. even if it's probably not on purpose, so I'd like to take this moment and say MUAH missed you lets have ourselves some fun and win a game.

Brindor - Newbie Numba Twobie! Heya man, kinda gonna go with the same question here and say have you played before? If the answer is yes and its a game here then can you point me to the game, and if it's no, can you give me a quick answer of how you think you're going to be looking to catch a scumbucket.

Raxxel- Hey man welcome to the game, would you like to proxy your vote to mine today and be my handy dandy double vote? :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
72 hours is an extremely tight window for this kind of game. I've played a couple multi faction games and they're much more difficult to unravel, scum teams are actively scum hunting as well. We need to force non contrived activity in this game. Voting should be seen as a pressure tool please don't be hesitant to use it for my indecisive boysss.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
#HBC | FrozeηFlame - Hey bud, ready to body this game? What is your approach to dealing with newer players that you don't have a lot of meta on that may be more inexperienced? More pressure? Less Pressure? Chainsaw them down let it all get sorted out later?

KevinM - Hey man, shame that Swiss Swiss didn't want to play with you this game, tough luck I'm sure he'll come around. God you're so good at mafia its incredible.. how confirmed town are you gonna be this game? 10,000%? 15,000%? So high that Tom finally can't question it?

Rajam- Yooo, I like your style, coming and voting like that really got me feeling some type of wayyyy. What's your general strategy on D1, how are you going to help me win this game?

Maven89- You were INCREDIBLY inactive in the first attempt at a summer game this year, you wouldn't do that to me again would you? You like me to much and you like winning to much right? I'll probably be checking in with you a bunch just to see where your head is at so I don't have a pythag situation like last game.

Lore- So you're not going to spam the thread as much this time? God bless. Since you are going to be avoiding the large amounts of back and forths that you tend to clog the thread with how are you going to go about pressuring your scum reads that you ascertain through the game?

Pythag- God I can't wait to see revitalized Pythag taking some stances and swinging their crank around with me. Very exciting.. what is your game plan to assert yourself more in this game?

Z25- Welcome to mafia! Have you played before and I'm just being the old man yelling at clouds that didn't notice or is this your first game. Hope you feel better, conclusions can often be wrong and concussions can be worse.

Tom- Tom what percentage of town do I have to tell you I am this game so that you'll believe me and our hearts can soar to victory? 5000% wasn't enough last time and I thought it was pretty clear that I, KevinM, will never steer you wrong. Do I need to go further beyond? You had a hangup last game of not being confident enough to coerce town to band together on reads, how are you feeling coming into this game?

#HBC | Red Ryu- Long time no see bud, I'll inevitably get annoyed with the fact that I can't read you since you play dumb/scum better than anyone else.. even if it's probably not on purpose, so I'd like to take this moment and say MUAH missed you lets have ourselves some fun and win a game.

Brindor - Newbie Numba Twobie! Heya man, kinda gonna go with the same question here and say have you played before? If the answer is yes and its a game here then can you point me to the game, and if it's no, can you give me a quick answer of how you think you're going to be looking to catch a scumbucket.

Raxxel- Hey man welcome to the game, would you like to proxy your vote to mine today and be my handy dandy double vote? :)
Yeah I’ve played plenty before. I started when we revived this section about a year and a half or so ago. It’s fun! My conclusion is mild but I’ve still be told to keep activity on devices to a minimum for a week or so. Kind of sucks as I’m away to for vacation but it won’t ruin it l

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac , glad you responded. You are the twelfth player in Jungle Republic. I was irresponsible starting the game without a complete lineup, but I did include twelve slots in the RNG; I just had a deadline I had to meet. You didn't respond since July 27th, so I wasn't sure if you were still in this. Your PM is sent out.

Last edited:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
SOME REMINDERS FOR THE TOWN

if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim. this is especially important for cop tracker and joat. if youre confident that youre going to live you might b able to get away without doing it. but i figured id throw out the suggestion cuz with 4 scum role hunting and with some of us being out of practice its easy to forget some **** like that. it would suck for the tracker/joat/cop to die with a result n then they cant even share the ****

if youre a vanilla townie try not to perspective slip that youre a vt. the less info we give to scum with regards to role hunting the better

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously

that said idt we need to hav much discourse over roles lets just lynch scummy ppl

feel free to read me as town for this post but just dont b too vocal about it so i can live a few phases

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good enough for me, lets go somewhere else then. Come vote maven with me :D

Unvote
Vote Maven89
He's not gonna show up man, it's not post game yet.

vote Raxxel

First one to say Tom is scummy because of his town reminders post is mafia. take it to the bank.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Three day deadlines y’all.

KevinM KevinM im feeling good and im going to act on it. I dont know if more confident will be louder or more assertive or more what but i guess we’ll find out. You’re golden to me baby. A+++ 5001% towmie

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac im not happy about our last game man its not your fault but honestly it stuck with me and i carried that weight into summer game 2 and Ryker and marshy tempered it and now it's a ****in weapon

I’m PUMPED

Vote Maven89

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yes stupid auto correct
****, that's rough. Take care of yourself, and take all the time you need.

if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim. this is especially important for cop tracker and joat. if youre confident that youre going to live you might b able to get away without doing it. but i figured id throw out the suggestion cuz with 4 scum role hunting and with some of us being out of practice its easy to forget some **** like that. it would suck for the tracker/joat/cop to die with a result n then they cant even share the ****

if youre a vanilla townie try not to perspective slip that youre a vt. the less info we give to scum with regards to role hunting the better

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously

that said idt we need to hav much discourse over roles lets just lynch scummy ppl

feel free to read me as town for this post but just dont b too vocal about it so i can live a few phases
Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.

Yup, I'll do my best lol. I really do want to improve.

How am I going to pressure my reads? Like this:

Hey ho hey,
that's not ****ing okay
This feels forced. Vote: Raxxel

^Not a joke, since we have three-day phases.

Also I'm down to auto-lynch Maven if he's inactive again tbh. I feel like he has had to be replaced in the last two or three games he was in.

Maven89

Smash Master
You guys playing mafia and I’m just sitting here waiting to see if Zeke reports or how much Dak steals

I remember Z25 from his newbie game (I think), he was a really good scum and Gheb found him out at the last minute, if it’s the same person it was much longer than a year ago.

Maven89

Smash Master

This doesn’t bug me like Marshys post did because this isn’t a veteran game, Tom is normally more helpful and friendly than Marshy, and part of me suspects this was bait to see how I’d react. I give Tom slight pro town points for this, like 0.2 points, which is more than any other posts

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You guys playing mafia and I’m just sitting here waiting to see if Zeke reports or how much Dak steals

I remember Z25 from his newbie game (I think), he was a really good scum and Gheb found him out at the last minute, if it’s the same person it was much longer than a year ago.
I'm not usually the biggest fan of meta since it can be faked tbh. Some players, I've come to admit, are super consistent in how they act though.

Not sure if Z25 is in that "consistent" group. I've only played one game with him, where he was town and breadcrumbed his PR (and flavor role) in a neat way from pregame onwards. It was slick. So at least I think he's not a bad player, and we are likely in for a good time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well I estimated with the year part. I don’t remember when we actually stared these games again but I’ve been here since then.

Also what game was I scum?

I know I was the evil third party in anime mafia, I’ve been another third party in one of them(I’ve played a lot so I don’t remember), and I was scum once in one of the last few games we played. None of which I was a newbie in, but yeah it’s the same me that you remember.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
****, that's rough. Take care of yourself, and take all the time you need.

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.

Yup, I'll do my best lol. I really do want to improve.

How am I going to pressure my reads? Like this:

This feels forced. Vote: Raxxel

^Not a joke, since we have three-day phases.

Also I'm down to auto-lynch Maven if he's inactive again tbh. I feel like he has had to be replaced in the last two or three games he was in.
You can vote me if you want, it's a mistake and you'll regret it however

Top Bottom