• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Typically the reasoning for half days is so people can still make weekend plans without hurting the game too much. It's up to you though.

Not sure if I understand the 3 am thing though. Half days means that a full 24 hours counts as 12. So Saturday plus Sunday only equals a single day. I assumed before that it worked more in time scales than actual days, where the weekend would start at 3 pm Saturday, have "12 hours" counted at 3 pm Sunday, then 24 hours at 3 pm Monday. Or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you're right. I figured that the times would be messed up due to: Time progresses at a 1:1 rate during the weekdays. A minute is a minute, an hour is an hour, everything is normal. Suddenly, once it turns midnight on Saturday, time moves half of what it should. Your way makes more sense.

I'll think on half days for weekends.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dang I be popular to be lynched, wish I was this popular with other guys ;_;

Tom Tom can we be friends? I wanna stay buddies and friends but I need you to post some more. You got some likes but it doesn’t tell me much? Want me dead? You should vote for me then. Pythag? Vote for them. I want to know.

Z25 Z25 whats up buddy? Wanna read the thread and then decide if we burn the furry, me, at the stake or someone else? Do you like Pythag? What about Lore v Mac?

KevinM KevinM can I patch things up ? :( you got a beef with me and I wanna ask why you hate my posts.

@Maven89 you think Tom is better than me and Pythag for likes but no posts? I get the lurk/inactive hating but what ya got for me regarding lore v Mac?
With my concusion I’ve been avoiding the site today, but I’ll give the last few pages a look.

As look as I get clearance I should be good Sunday Monday range to be more active again. Sorry for any inconviance there.

I think they this is worth posting, but I got a message I was prodded, which I guess is a cop check?

Anyway why I catch up:

Vote: day extension

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Possibly. Even so, vote pressuring him when he's been silent seems like a good idea to me.
If that’s your plan of desire at least tag me.

It’s kind of stupid to not do that. No one will respond to you unless they read it. If you want direct action, tag them. As for before, I didn’t speak to you one way over another and honestly don’t understand your post.
I can’t tell if your a confused townie or your just reading to much into things that aren’t there.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Read the thread and took notes last night before my fantasy football draft, but fell asleep afterwards. Can't check at work anymore except for on mobile, and my today (/tomorrow) my team at work has been folded into a much larger team and now I'm in charge of that new team. There was no way I was going to be able to check at work today. Super apologies.

I know its detrimental for me to be absent and I'm sorry about it but I am not inactive and I am not going to need replacing out. I'm reading and forming opinions and I'm here to share them.

My first post: hilarious marshy copypasta. To answer Red Ryu's #171 - yes, I read all of the rules. I thought it would be hilarious to copy paste that marshy first post as my first post and thought it would get things rolling. Yes, referencing roles that are not in this game is part of the joke and I would have hoped would make things perfectly clear that it was a joke. Lore proved me wrong because of course.

Lore v Mac: Personally I think this is some bull**** and I put it on Mac. Lore is an extremely frustrating player for me to read because he continually puts his foot in his mouth, gets upset about things, hyper focus tunnels 1v1, and flips town. He specifically noted at the beginning of the game that he wasn't going to do this **** or hyper focus on anyone or get in a semantic argument to the detriment of the thread, and Mac - while at first simply notating a discrepancy - poked that discrepancy at Lore and his response and his response over and over (173, 174, 191). Basically Mac has lowered himself to Lore's level and looks good by comparison, for something that's super semantic and Lore!guaranteed. Mac is self-referential as it "feels" like something he did in Summer Game 2 when he pushed my inactive Town slot as scum. Not a good look for me.

Maven: #182 "gives advice" to Brindor that's basically worthless and I didn't like it.

Rajam: #121 I do not follow at all.

KevinM: excellent out the gate and made me genuinely feel bad for my inactivity.

Z25: #39 feels weird. "also what game was I scum?" - shouldn't you know?

My singular strong townread is Raxxel.

I am having a hard time parsing Red Ryu re: Red Ryu v Pythag (perhaps even Red Ryu v Lore) and so I'll have to revisit that.

Tom
KevinM
Raxxel

Lore
Pythag
Brindor
Red Ryu

(Z25
Frozenflame)

Maven
Rajam
Mac

vote: Mac

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dang I be popular to be lynched, wish I was this popular with other guys ;_;

Tom Tom can we be friends? I wanna stay buddies and friends but I need you to post some more. You got some likes but it doesn’t tell me much? Want me dead? You should vote for me then. Pythag? Vote for them. I want to know.

Z25 Z25 whats up buddy? Wanna read the thread and then decide if we burn the furry, me, at the stake or someone else? Do you like Pythag? What about Lore v Mac?

KevinM KevinM can I patch things up ? :( you got a beef with me and I wanna ask why you hate my posts.

@Maven89 you think Tom is better than me and Pythag for likes but no posts? I get the lurk/inactive hating but what ya got for me regarding lore v Mac?
Having read the thread a bit,

I’m not a fan of brindoor’s content. I presume they are new? Even so I feel like you should at least know some things such as how small talk like ice breakers aren’t really things to discuss here. It feels a little too noobish imo, to the point I could see it used as a ploy or being directed by a potential scum partner.

I’d rather not pursue them for that though.

As for you, your a bit back and forth but I haven’t noticed anything terriblely off from your play style and other games even though I haven’t played as many with you as I have some others here. Right now I’d give you a chance but I’m neutral.

As for lore vs Mac. I think lore is offering good input for the most part and while I can see how some people could get a scum read off of their posts, lore usually plays a little tougher then others. I don’t believe I’ve seen a scum lore before, but they usually are very vocal about thoughts even if they aren’t always he nicest seeming. I’d say they are probably town.

Mac is weird. I like some of their content, and then there’s posts like like their order of who to get rid of that I didn’t like. We unfortunately don’t have much to go off of for many players, so I don’t like the crusade styled attitude they are giving off. They essentially seem to want most of the players dead, and saying you don’t really care what happens to those not listed, doesn’t seen like they are townie friendly. You shouldn’t want to make sacrifices like that when your trying to win as town.

That’s just my opinion there though.

Lastly I honestly don’t have a good read on pythag. It’s hard to grasp them when I play with them. Not all their posts as debated here are great though. So I wouldn’t oppose a lynch towards them or Mac.

I’d rather lynch an active right now as it gives off something to go off of, and odd wise, at least one active person should be scum, as thats just what will usually happen. I would still bet statistic wise an inactive is scum too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Read the thread and took notes last night before my fantasy football draft, but fell asleep afterwards. Can't check at work anymore except for on mobile, and my today (/tomorrow) my team at work has been folded into a much larger team and now I'm in charge of that new team. There was no way I was going to be able to check at work today. Super apologies.

I know its detrimental for me to be absent and I'm sorry about it but I am not inactive and I am not going to need replacing out. I'm reading and forming opinions and I'm here to share them.

My first post: hilarious marshy copypasta. To answer Red Ryu's #171 - yes, I read all of the rules. I thought it would be hilarious to copy paste that marshy first post as my first post and thought it would get things rolling. Yes, referencing roles that are not in this game is part of the joke and I would have hoped would make things perfectly clear that it was a joke. Lore proved me wrong because of course.

Lore v Mac: Personally I think this is some bull**** and I put it on Mac. Lore is an extremely frustrating player for me to read because he continually puts his foot in his mouth, gets upset about things, hyper focus tunnels 1v1, and flips town. He specifically noted at the beginning of the game that he wasn't going to do this **** or hyper focus on anyone or get in a semantic argument to the detriment of the thread, and Mac - while at first simply notating a discrepancy - poked that discrepancy at Lore and his response and his response over and over (173, 174, 191). Basically Mac has lowered himself to Lore's level and looks good by comparison, for something that's super semantic and Lore!guaranteed. Mac is self-referential as it "feels" like something he did in Summer Game 2 when he pushed my inactive Town slot as scum. Not a good look for me.

Maven: #182 "gives advice" to Brindor that's basically worthless and I didn't like it.

Rajam: #121 I do not follow at all.

KevinM: excellent out the gate and made me genuinely feel bad for my inactivity.

Z25: #39 feels weird. "also what game was I scum?" - shouldn't you know?

My singular strong townread is Raxxel.

I am having a hard time parsing Red Ryu re: Red Ryu v Pythag (perhaps even Red Ryu v Lore) and so I'll have to revisit that.

Tom
KevinM
Raxxel

Lore
Pythag
Brindor
Red Ryu

(Z25
Frozenflame)

Maven
Rajam
Mac

vote: Mac
I’ve played around 40 different games on here, so I honestly don’t always remember. I have almost never been scum so its hard to keep track. It’s not really relevant to anything this game though

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I legitimately did not ****ing know that this game had even started until yesterday and at that point it was late af and I didn't have the time or energy to read the whole thread and make a meaningful post. Sorry about being absent but legitimately I had no idea that this had even started, I thought we were still looking for players

So impressions so far:

2. KevinM - Is it just me or does Kevmo come off super like, sterile this game? I read his posts and I legitimately feel like Kev isn't authoring them, that's how off he feels this game. idk if this is a deliberate style shift or what but nothing I've seen from this slot comes off as authentic kev at all and that is making my scumdar ping like ****ing crazy
3. Rajam - sitting on obvnoobtown raxxel is gross imo but nothing else really jumps out, null
4. Maven89 - comes off more as a commentator than an active scum hunter but I can relate to that on D1, slight townlean
5. Lore - scummy af. His 1v1 with Mac comes off extremely defensive and patronizing. Mac's suspicions re: your initial response to Tom's copypasta post and all your subsequent kicking and screaming about how you didn't catch it was a copypasta and you're being unfairly vilified for the mistake is 100% on point. I'll quote what I think were the two most illustrative posts in that exchange later in this post but I had an identical reaction to Mac's re: how you're handling being called out for your "mistake."
6. Pythag - slot I've gone the most back and forth on. Some posts light ping scummy to me, others ping townie. Can't get my footing on this slot but he's solidly active which is a plus and doesn't seem to be playing with cards close to his chest. slight townread currently
7. Z25 - has this slot even posted? if so I missed it. total null
8. Tom - Not enough from him yet to really form a read but I related to the work johns and frankly I dont think tom is a great D1 play without us having a strong reason to consider it so I'm fine with having him as null right now and playing some wait and see with this slot
9. #HBC | Red Ryu - not sure what to make of all the attempted buddying from this slot. slight scumread from this slot after my initial read of the game but I can't really point to anything specific atm. Def going to take a closer look here and see if I can actually identify what's causing my scumdar to ping here
10. Brindor - this slot is bold af but also super wack. Almost seems like he's playing too deliberately obtusely to be scum? or maybe he just doesn't give a **** and is hoping WIFOM like that scares people away from a wagon on him? scumlean here
11. Raxxel - my gut is screaming obvnoobtown
12. #HBC | Mac - easily towniest slot in the game. only slot I actually can confidently say is legit scumhunting

Ok so re: Mac and Lore

lore, the post talks about more than just breadcrumbing roles, only the first paragraph is about that. there's even a section that explicitly gives advice regarding the setup from summer bash:

there are so many places like the above in the post that should have tipped you off that it wasn't regarding this game, especially if you were gonna spend more time investigating it like you claimed

and cuz you seem to be mis-representing or misunderstanding my issue with your slot ill make it as clear as possible:
  • Tom makes a post that you say you want to spend more time investigating.
  • All the subsequent replies you've made regarding the post (including this last one) makes it clear that you never fully read that post in the first place.
  • Therefore it appears that you were BSing about wanting to investigate the post more. and only scum would do that

I ****ing vibe with this post so hard. When I read tom's post initially, I literally had to do a double take on the ruleset. Like I came into the thread and was like "oh **** jungle repub this is one of my fav open multifaction setups siiiiiick" and then I read Tom's post and he was talking about JOAT and tracker n **** and I was like wtffffff is he on right now? I had no idea it was a copypasta post either but I legit was confused as **** about what he was talking about and as I was reading ahead I was hoping for someone to clarify what he was on about.

I think Mac is 100% on point here when he says that all of your (Lore's) replies in this thread reek of you being super defensive because you skimmed Tom's post and didn't read it carefully and are now upset you're catching flak for it. The defensiveness definitely makes me sympathetic to Mac's 3rd point here that he's getting the vibe that you were BSing about wanting to investigate further. I'm 100% on board with Macs read of this 1v1.

These types of responses only make it look worse:

99% of your posts have been either about me or asking people about me. Take a break from the game if that's what's needed for fresh eyes, because right now you're absolutely a detriment to Town.
Sure, I get that you don't like mac tunneling you. Problem is, you probably wouldn't like that as either town or scum. What crosses the line is you indignantly calling Mac's focus on you, focus that you literally provoked by the way, as a "detriment to the town." On what authority bro? I think mac's digging in to you has been the most illustrative content in the game so far. Get off your high horse. And telling him to take a break from the thread and come back later because you can't take the heat? talk about defense and patronizing af, yikes

Vote: Deadline Extension

Vote: Lore

Lore and kevmo can go today. So can brindor but that's more of a policy lynch imo for just being deliberately unhelpful and obtuse whereas Lore and kev are actively setting off alarms bells for me

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
FF showin' up. Glad to see you man.

2. KevinM - Is it just me or does Kevmo come off super like, sterile this game? I read his posts and I legitimately feel like Kev isn't authoring them, that's how off he feels this game. idk if this is a deliberate style shift or what but nothing I've seen from this slot comes off as authentic kev at all and that is making my scumdar ping like ****ing crazy
I definitely feel this. I'm thinking he's no long 10,000% town.
He doesn't seem to be leading charges.
He's writing a lot and almost going 'who's with me guys??'

This is all meta arguments but I agree it's really strange.

What do you make of Tom viewing the Lore V Mac situation almost exactly the opposite of you?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Good to see you in the thread Tom. Solid content, but I've been avoiding voting Mac to both avoid falling into OMGUS and to take some time to figure out if he's just tunneling-town. I'll sleep on it. Unvote

FF, that post reeks of someone who speed-read the thread, no offense. Work johns are real, and I'm glad you showed back up. However, I did the same speed read thing in a game recently, and it led to issues on my end.

Like your take on Mac and I is, frankly, garbage. Here's how the thing with Mac went:

Mac: "Why did you not realize that it didn't pertain to this game, since it mentioned other roles?"

Lore: "Considering how I didn't even realize it was a copy paste, it appears that I didn't really fully take in and mentally process the post well enough. I took the other roles as being hypotheticals since the whole post was more about breadcrumbing in general, so I wanted to go read Marshy's old stuff to try to break my auto-suspecting habit of posts like that."

Mac: "Yeah but why did you not realize that it didn't pertain to this game, since it mentioned other roles?"

And repeat over. And over. And over again. I dare you to get in a similar situation and NOT get frustrated.

He absolutely wasted our time, and it was a complete detriment to Town that it happened in the first place. If people are allowed to say that about me in other games and not get flak, I sure as hell can say the same about Mac.

And as for defensiveness, have you considered the fact that Mac is STILL only talking about a single post of mine from the literal beginning of the game? If I sound defensive and frustrated about it, it's because I f***ing am.

I've been open and honest about having misread that post from the beginning, and I was clear about my intent from the get go. This isn't even AtE at this point, I'm legitimately frustrated at having to repeat myself so many f***ing times regardless of alignment.

Like ffs, you did the same crap here too. Your entire read of me goes only on that one post and my growing frustration with Mac. Come on.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Like I'm just waiting for you guys to drop the act and say "don't worry Lore, we were just hyper tunneling and speed-reading with bad takes to show you how miserable it is! We want you to be better!"

Thanks! I understand it so much more now. You can stop now, but I do appreciate the insight.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount:

Tom: 3 (Maven89, Lore, Raxxel)
Raxxel: 2 (Rajam, Red Ryu)
Mac: 2 (Brindol, Tom)
Lore: 2 (Mac, FrozenFlame)
Red Ryu: 1 (Pythag)
Pythag: 1 (KevinM)

Not voting: 1 (Z25)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Day Extension: 8 (Lore, Mac, Red Ryu, KevinM, Raxxel, Pythag, Z25, Tom)

The day has been extended by 24 hours. Day 1 will now end on August 23rd at 3PM EST.

but I got a message I was prodded, which I guess is a cop check?
Not a cop check, just me reminding you to make a post in the thread, as you hadn't in a while.

Replacement searching has been paused, as all players have demonstrated commitment.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

It’s kind of stupid to not do that. No one will respond to you unless they read it. If you want direct action, tag them. As for before, I didn’t speak to you one way over another and honestly don’t understand your post.
I can’t tell if your a confused townie or your just reading to much into things that aren’t there.
Apologies for not tagging you.

My theory was simply that I found the way you spoke to me to be somewhat assuming of me being town. However, it is definitely reading too deep this early. I still felt the vote to pressure you into speaking was rational, so I went through with it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apologies for not tagging you.

My theory was simply that I found the way you spoke to me to be somewhat assuming of me being town. However, it is definitely reading too deep this early. I still felt the vote to pressure you into speaking was rational, so I went through with it.
Don’t worry about it. I also totally understand the vote thing, it’s fair to ask for more even if you have to vote someone for it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I definitely feel this. I'm thinking he's no long 10,000% town.
He doesn't seem to be leading charges.
He's writing a lot and almost going 'who's with me guys??'

This is all meta arguments but I agree it's really strange.
Bolded is a very accurate summary of the vibe I'm getting. To add further clarity, I think bolded directly contrasts with the normal kevmo approach which isn't "who's with me?" but rather "why the **** are yall wasting time by not being with me?" Does anyone else share this feeling?

What do you make of Tom viewing the Lore V Mac situation almost exactly the opposite of you?
doesn't surprise me at all. Tom and I have had some pretty polar opposite reads of certain interactions in the last two games we've played and we were both town in those games. Kind of a contrived but accurate example is we had polar opposite reactions to the Ryker/Soup coordinated "swing and miss" soup self hammer. I could go back and dig for more examples but I think Tom can back me up on this, we haven't seen eye to eye too often when reading early conflicts between slots

FF, that post reeks of someone who speed-read the thread, no offense. Work johns are real, and I'm glad you showed back up. However, I did the same speed read thing in a game recently, and it led to issues on my end.
no offense taken becaus that's exactly what I ****ing did lmao. What did you expect me to do exactly? wait another day to analyse the thread line by line and then pop in an hour before deadline with a 20 page thesis? having missed the first few calendar days of this game due to literally not knowing it had even started, especially with the deadlines being so short, put me in a position where I had to read the thread ASAP and get thoughts up so people actually can have something meaningful to develop reads from. waiting even a second longer than necessary to read everything and offer reads based on said full read is as purely antitown as it gets. I can easily take more time the second pass thru and refine my reads but leaving yall with radio silence would have been massively detrimental

Like your take on Mac and I is, frankly, garbage. Here's how the thing with Mac went:

Mac: "Why did you not realize that it didn't pertain to this game, since it mentioned other roles?"

Lore: "Considering how I didn't even realize it was a copy paste, it appears that I didn't really fully take in and mentally process the post well enough. I took the other roles as being hypotheticals since the whole post was more about breadcrumbing in general, so I wanted to go read Marshy's old stuff to try to break my auto-suspecting habit of posts like that."

Mac: "Yeah but why did you not realize that it didn't pertain to this game, since it mentioned other roles?"

And repeat over. And over. And over again. I dare you to get in a similar situation and NOT get frustrated.
The fact that you actually believe that this is not at all a completely slanted repackaging of yalls interaction is overwhelming evidence that you are either scum trying to actively suppress and alternative interpretation of your reactions or you are being extremely dense town and refusing to acknowledge how what you perceive to be an honest mistake can also be fairly interpreted as an oversight caused by scum laziness and desire to appear like their contributing without actually having to thoroughly parse what other slots are saying. Like you come off afraid that anyone might even consider the argument Mac is offering which is scummy imo

Like I'm just waiting for you guys to drop the act and say "don't worry Lore, we were just hyper tunneling and speed-reading with bad takes to show you how miserable it is! We want you to be better!"

Thanks! I understand it so much more now. You can stop now, but I do appreciate the insight.
yikes don't flatter yourself, this is next level projection of a patronizing attitude. I'm not trying to teach you some grandiose lesson, I'm legitimately just pointing out that I think mac's read on your reaction re: the copypasta has some validity to it

Ok just ISO'd Z25 and its no wonder I didn't think he posted, literally zero hard stances from him at all until post #251. And even then we only get positions on pythag, brindor, lore, mac, and red ryu. Still nothing on Kevin, rajam, maven, Tom, raxxel and me. Z25 Z25 have any thoughts on these slots?

Don't like this post, comes off notivated by self-preservation, like he feels entitled to a warning when anyone has something negative to say about his slot. Gaslighty language like "dude you're confused you're just seeing things that aren't there" always makes me apprehensive, its a good tactic for scum to use to undermine town confidence.

Overall my read is that this slot is experienced enough to know how to sporadically contribute in light tangential ways that don't force you into hard positions but also appear like one is contributing significantly. null-scum lean

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
FYI :
I'm traveling tomorrow, starting at 4PM EST, and Ending for sure Monday, with a possibility of checking more in-depth on Sunday.
I'm my brother's best man in a wedding.
I will only have my phone.

I will probably be able to read along, but I legit have made serious reading errors while phone posting, so I'll do my best to keep up, but I don't know if ill be able to give a full-orbed reason on things until Monday.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Some super quick thoughts since I'm on my phone at my girls place

I'll start with FF since that was the post I read first. Super glad that someone at least sees where I'm coming from, especially since seemingly everyone in this thread (save for KevinM though it didn't seem like he super wholeheartedly agreed with me) thinks what I'm saying doesn't make sense and I can't tell if I'm just garb at mafia now or if everyone else is just bad. though I was a lil anxious that old school players who know me might just agree with me to get on my good side and my gut reaction was to be paranoid about FF buddying. But anyway, I think he makes a decent point about KevinM and I'm not super sure how I feel about that yet. Not something imma really worry about toDay though.

Re: Tom. honestly super heartbroken by your post since you of all people was the person I most wanted to get verification from re my position on Lore. Honestly I'm super bewildered that you can't see where I'm coming from to the point that you think I'm most likely to be scum. Like I hope to God you're scum. It sounds like your biggest issue with me is that I stooped to Lore's level by engaging with him in that back and forth. I don't get how you see it that way, since I really don't think I was the main purveyor in that, if anything I felt like I expressed a legitimate contradiction from my pov and because I was pushing Lore he got super defensive. His criticism (and now yours) about me tunneling him is ducking stupid to me cuz what else am I supposed when I find something that I think is indicative of someone being scum. Your other criticism is that I was self referential about how I acted towards you in the summer bash game, but you of all people should know that's straight wifom and irrelevant

Also seems like you didn't even address the substance regarding my issue with More and everything you said about your issues with me was on the periphery of that. What do you think of the substance? And I'll repeat it again because Lore keeps misrepresenting me. It's not _just_ that Lore didn't realize it was copy pasta it was because he drew attention to the fact that the post is something he'd be suspicious about and worth spending more time on, while clearly not even fully reading the post. Why would he say some **** like that if he literally hadn't given much time of day to the post in the first place? You really can't see how a townie would have issues with that?

Honestly I differ from FF in thinking that your perspective here could be townie, the fact that you can't see where I'm coming from to the point that you think I'm most likely to be scum is unbelievable to me (I have the same feeling about Lore, but at least with him I can see how an emotional town Lore would refuse to see where I'm coming from) and the fact that you didn't really address the substance of what I brought up is also a bad look. Can you address the substance and explain why you think a normal townie wouldn't behave the way I did

Also it's kinda annoying that slots like raxxle, brindor, and z25 all have issues with me just because I've been fervent about pushing this point. Literally what I'm doing is the kinda **** that players should be doing to get reactions from people and get the game moving instead of what has been happening this game, which has just been lame pushes on raxxle and then just long convos about inactive slots. Like would y'all prefer me to sit back and give sparse opinions about the game and let town go to **** cuz noones actually making moves? Like I know some of y'all are likely scum since 5/12 if the players in this game are, but at least some of yall are town and have issues with me and I'm honestly curious about why that is.

And on some omgus ****, I'm leaning scum on Tom just cuz I can't imagine him not being able to see where I'm coming from at all.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also Tom's reads list is basically the complete opposite of mine (except for Kevin and raxxle)

Also I think it was z25 who had an issue with me not having town reads and thinking every slot is shady. Why is that a problem? You think scum would go out of their way to malign every player in this game? Is it impossible for me as town to not have strong town reads at this stage in the game?

Also I guess my post(s) wasn't really "quick thoughts" but **** it I had a lot to say

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
was def pretty tipsy last night so excuse the ranty-esque nature of my last posts haha (i blame tom for breaking my heart) im mildly surprised that they're as coherent as they are

i wanna say that i shouldn't have included raxxle in that paragraph about brindor and zk5 - that'd be misrepresenting their position. you're coo, raxxle

in a couple hours i plan on posting a (hopefully short) ISO of Lore / my back and forth to shed the utmost clarity on my perspective and thought process this game while also pointing out how disingenuous some of Lore's responses have been.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Catching up. My pc died yesterday, so posting from phone

If he was lynched right now I'd be fine.
if he's town he played it wrong.
if he's scum he played it wrong.
I'm willing to see how it goes throughout the day, but it kinda smacks of 'why me fry me' initially.

What do you make of his post where he voted and responded to your question? Was his early play a scum slip or noob blunder?
What's your take on this? noob or scum?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
no offense taken becaus that's exactly what I ****ing did lmao. What did you expect me to do exactly? wait another day to analyse the thread line by line and then pop in an hour before deadline with a 20 page thesis? having missed the first few calendar days of this game due to literally not knowing it had even started, especially with the deadlines being so short, put me in a position where I had to read the thread ASAP and get thoughts up so people actually can have something meaningful to develop reads from. waiting even a second longer than necessary to read everything and offer reads based on said full read is as purely antitown as it gets. I can easily take more time the second pass thru and refine my reads but leaving yall with radio silence would have been massively detrimental
Fair, I just wanted to give you an excuse because I took your post as a bit of a bad take. You literally only talked about my one post and Mac's interpretation/discussion of it.

The fact that you actually believe that this is not at all a completely slanted repackaging of yalls interaction is overwhelming evidence that you are either scum trying to actively suppress and alternative interpretation of your reactions or you are being extremely dense town and refusing to acknowledge how what you perceive to be an honest mistake can also be fairly interpreted as an oversight caused by scum laziness and desire to appear like their contributing without actually having to thoroughly parse what other slots are saying. Like you come off afraid that anyone might even consider the argument Mac is offering which is scummy imo
Nah, it's pretty accurate. My issue isn't that I'm right or wrong; my issue is that I've been repeating myself in a circular argument. Mac brings up the inconsistency, I explain the inconsistency from my perspective, then Mac calls that BS and repeats his question with slightly different wording. It's frustrating.

yikes don't flatter yourself, this is next level projection of a patronizing attitude. I'm not trying to teach you some grandiose lesson, I'm legitimately just pointing out that I think mac's read on your reaction re: the copypasta has some validity to it
Yeaaaah I let the salt get to me a bit there, and I apologize. Mac is just playing like Me at my worst, and that combined with you speed-reading (like I've done before) has really shown me how miserable it is to be on the receiving end of that crappy playstyle. This is completely outside of alignment; I did that style as town and scum. It was rough for everyone every time.

I knew it was bad and tried to curb it, but holy **** I don't think it hit me just how bad and awful it is for everyone to receive.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
And I'll repeat it again because Lore keeps misrepresenting me. It's not _just_ that Lore didn't realize it was copy pasta it was because he drew attention to the fact that the post is something he'd be suspicious about and worth spending more time on, while clearly not even fully reading the post. Why would he say some **** like that if he literally hadn't given much time of day to the post in the first place? You really can't see how a townie would have issues with that?

Honestly I differ from FF in thinking that your perspective here could be townie, the fact that you can't see where I'm coming from to the point that you think I'm most likely to be scum is unbelievable to me (I have the same feeling about Lore, but at least with him I can see how an emotional town Lore would refuse to see where I'm coming from) and the fact that you didn't really address the substance of what I brought up is also a bad look. Can you address the substance and explain why you think a normal townie wouldn't behave the way I did
in a couple hours i plan on posting a (hopefully short) ISO of Lore / my back and forth to shed the utmost clarity on my perspective and thought process this game while also pointing out how disingenuous some of Lore's responses have been.
Dude. I've been saying that it's not just that I didn't realize it was copy pasta. I even directly said why I brought it up in the initial post then over and over again since.

The fact that you're baffled that people disagree is probably because you haven't even bothered to do an ISO until now. You're hyper focused on my one post and disregarding whatever I'm saying. You're tunneled.

After some sleep, I'm with Tom on the echoes from Summer Mafia. In that game, you hyper focused on one interaction of mine, came to a truce on it since it was flimsy, then later dove back into the same argument and forgot that we ended it, repeating yourself like you're doing here. You were scum in that game. I've been avoiding saying this or voting for you since, frankly and outside of alignment, you've been a bit annoying this game. I figured OMGUS would color my judgement too much.

But nah I'd rather see you gone.

Vote: Mac

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Catching up. My pc died yesterday, so posting from phone

What's your take on this? noob or scum?
No worries, sorry to hear about your PC.

What's your take on Red Ryu?

Also I missed replying to this in FF's post:

Ok just ISO'd Z25 and its no wonder I didn't think he posted, literally zero hard stances from him at all until post #251. And even then we only get positions on pythag, brindor, lore, mac, and red ryu. Still nothing on Kevin, rajam, maven, Tom, raxxel and me. Z25 Z25 have any thoughts on these slots?

Don't like this post, comes off notivated by self-preservation, like he feels entitled to a warning when anyone has something negative to say about his slot. Gaslighty language like "dude you're confused you're just seeing things that aren't there" always makes me apprehensive, its a good tactic for scum to use to undermine town confidence.

Overall my read is that this slot is experienced enough to know how to sporadically contribute in light tangential ways that don't force you into hard positions but also appear like one is contributing significantly. null-scum lean
To be fair Z25 literally has a concussion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Tom's reads list is basically the complete opposite of mine (except for Kevin and raxxle)

Also I think it was z25 who had an issue with me not having town reads and thinking every slot is shady. Why is that a problem? You think scum would go out of their way to malign every player in this game? Is it impossible for me as town to not have strong town reads at this stage in the game?

Also I guess my post(s) wasn't really "quick thoughts" but **** it I had a lot to say
I never said you had to have strong town reads.

I said I don’t like how your list for the most is just people you think should absolutely die, not possibly die because you want to make progress with a day one lynch to learn more about others.( a move any town and townie should make as the more information we can glean from lynches the better.), You just list people as those who should die just to die. Your post gives off a feel that people are very expandable and I really don’t like that. Sure you could argue that scum wouldn’t do this, but if you were hypothetically scum, defending your post after making it could at least result of some people trusting you more as townie.

Scum could also make that list and used that excuse to try and reverse psychology people. Just because it may seem like the wrong move to make as scum, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be entertained as a little scummy.

People try different tactics all the time as scum, like that time nabe pretended to not be able to speak at all day one and then could magically talk the next day.

Which multiple people believed. Which that was so stupid of a play that it shouldn’t have worked but it did. So I wouldn’t rule out this post that’s seems scummy as not scummy just because it would seem way to obvious to be scum.

Regardless of the truth the way you discussed and made that list isn’t something I like.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Can’t believe I’m in a game with FF/Mac/Tom and I’ve gotta people scum reading me on D1 and not just following a dope wagon. We really not gonna crush some brews on Pythag? I’m down for lore but I really feel like the beverages are gonna be watered down.

Vote Lore

Also I don’t think FF would ever speed read a thread, trying to diffuse any of his posts that way blows my mind. I’ve got the opposite problem with FF 99.9999 percent of the time.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I hate that Tom isn’t seeing this the same way, I hate all of Pythags D1 and I hate that we’ve got 3 literally useless slots in a 12 man game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Can’t believe I’m in a game with FF/Mac/Tom and I’ve gotta people scum reading me on D1 and not just following a dope wagon. We really not gonna crush some brews on Pythag? I’m down for lore but I really feel like the beverages are gonna be watered down.

Vote Lore

Also I don’t think FF would ever speed read a thread, trying to diffuse any of his posts that way blows my mind. I’ve got the opposite problem with FF 99.9999 percent of the time.
Do you mind summing up Pythag real quick? I'm really not seeing it, and it's a large part of why I'm suspicious of your slot.

As for the speed reading, I was honestly just wanting to give him an excuse for what I saw as some awful takes.

What are the 3 "useless slots" that you mentioned in your later post?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Do you mind summing up Pythag real quick? I'm really not seeing it, and it's a large part of why I'm suspicious of your slot.

As for the speed reading, I was honestly just wanting to give him an excuse for what I saw as some awful takes.

What are the 3 "useless slots" that you mentioned in your later post?
Pythag hops on a new player under my favorite reasoning of useless/new immediately drops it off a wiki link from Mac as if this was new info, he later calls out that you vs Mac is largely irrelevant and says Mac is focusing on something that doesn’t matter. (Ruy also does this with the same wishy washy, oh Mac is looking at something that doesn’t matter but I still think he’s town). He then has you, Mac, and Tom in his town list and I completely disagree with that and can’t see how you’d get to that conclusion.

I dislike your slot and Pythag the most out of the game and Ruy comes off right in that same group.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Frozen I’m not going to argue back and forth wrt to your feeling on me but considering this town up until Mac had joined felt more like playing the old newbie games a style shift seemed more than necessary. Hell it still feels necessary, not ENOUGH egos in this thread to goad people into just winning the game with me.

Rajam

Smash Champion
He's already made a play, and I've made my judgement based off said play. To me he seems to want to steer the conversation early, and that screams suspicion to me.

Also yes I'm nervous, I have something to prove now especially with my bad play earlier.
This post bugs me. When I was newb town i was paranoid about everyone voting me, but Raxxel seemed fixed only on Lore. No mention on my vote up to this point, and i didnt do anything to earn a town read and be left alone. This reeks to scum having problems on finding targets

Top Bottom