• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
What? Seriously, what?

Pythag voted for Raxxel. When asked if he was ok if a Town player might die, he directly said he'd be fine with it. He next said that while he doesn't want to lynch Town, the player should be blamed for that mislynch.

That's the definition of a hard, clear stance. What thread are you reading?

Mac, I'm going to quote myself again to show my reaction to the post. Please read it again.

Where did I say that I was firmly suspicious of the post? I said that I got Marshy vibes and that I tend to be auto-suspicious of posts like that, so I wanted to reread the Marshy stuff to compare the situations. I remembered my suspicion of Marshy backfiring, with Marshy actually being Town.

I laid out my thought process clearly, in a detailed manner. In no way was I firmly suspicious or even said that I was. I will be copy pasting this and the last paragraph in every single reply to your posts on this subject.

Mac, you're playing like me at my worst in the last few games. I want you to think on how you felt when I was hyper focused on Ran, or the other tunneling moments. You're so tunneled in that you are still only talking about my literal first post in the game. If people can call me out on that behavior, I can certainly do the same to you.

Take a break and come back to the game.
the bolded/underlined is not true. you might be my primary focus but im clearly still looking at and talking about other things in the game.

lore i said you don't have to keep responding to me, so don't. you might be town and i might be tunneling and im sure that could be annoying if that's actually the case, but its also just how mafia goes sometimes. also don't forget you were the one who initially gave me **** for not expanding on why you were my #1 scumread. and now you're giving me **** for the opposite.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
the bolded/underlined is not true. you might be my primary focus but im clearly still looking at and talking about other things in the game.

lore i said you don't have to keep responding to me, so don't. you might be town and i might be tunneling and im sure that could be annoying if that's actually the case, but its also just how mafia goes sometimes. also don't forget you were the one who initially gave me **** for not expanding on why you were my #1 scumread. and now you're giving me **** for the opposite.
... What? You do realize that I'm talking about your discussions about me, right? Even when I was at my worst tunneling, I still made some small posts about other subjects. It doesn't change that you are hyperfocused on a single post, to the point where it is defining your top scum pick and dominating your discussions on me.

You're 100% tunneling, and you're correct! It's very annoying.

What's even more annoying is this weird attitude. You expanded on your reasoning at the time. Cool. Thank you for that. Now you're tunneled in on that one post and not even looking at anything else from me, and even when the post has been repeatedly explained, you're still lasered in on it and arguing about it.

All joking aside, it's incredibly frustrating on the receiving end.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dang I be popular to be lynched, wish I was this popular with other guys ;_;

Tom Tom can we be friends? I wanna stay buddies and friends but I need you to post some more. You got some likes but it doesn’t tell me much? Want me dead? You should vote for me then. Pythag? Vote for them. I want to know.

Z25 Z25 whats up buddy? Wanna read the thread and then decide if we burn the furry, me, at the stake or someone else? Do you like Pythag? What about Lore v Mac?

KevinM KevinM can I patch things up ? :( you got a beef with me and I wanna ask why you hate my posts.

Maven89 Maven89 you think Tom is better than me and Pythag for likes but no posts? I get the lurk/inactive hating but what ya got for me regarding lore v Mac?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think Mac is looking for something he found super off but not with ill intent.

Lore v Mac looks TvT just cause I see where both are coming from but it seems like a misunderstanding.

Lore Lore #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac join me on the holy crusade on Pythag.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
... What? You do realize that I'm talking about your discussions about me, right? Even when I was at my worst tunneling, I still made some small posts about other subjects. It doesn't change that you are hyperfocused on a single post, to the point where it is defining your top scum pick and dominating your discussions on me.

You're 100% tunneling, and you're correct! It's very annoying.

What's even more annoying is this weird attitude. You expanded on your reasoning at the time. Cool. Thank you for that. Now you're tunneled in on that one post and not even looking at anything else from me, and even when the post has been repeatedly explained, you're still lasered in on it and arguing about it.

All joking aside, it's incredibly frustrating on the receiving end.
He thinks you faked your initial post on Tom to look like you actually cared about hunting Tom but never tried to do anything.

Your actions never added up with your words.

I disagree with Mac but I get where his thought process is on this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I hope the green room is laughing how off I am.

I really want to know how off basis I might be with my reads just off day 1 lol.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
People pushing for an FF or a Tom lynch over the first three are kinda skeeving me out unless you're full stop town reading them

What the **** do we gain lynching 3 slots that haven't posted on D1. We get D1 electric bungaloo tomorrow, we would have zero actual connections unless you're telling me we can that go off peoples reactions to Tom ones post.
KevinM KevinM

When do you think it's a good time to lynch target inactives?

I freaking hate inactives. This is such an annoying conversation to have all over again.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
Posts like these when I feel better about Raxxel is my issue. You don’t have or ever gave a strong stance on what you thought of him, but were ok with a lynch either way.

What gives?
His play was all around bad, agree or disagree? I was fine parking my vote on him for that.

I feel better about Raxxel too, which is why my vote isn't on him.
I just didn't mind seeing who else was going to try to jump on before I removed my vote.

Here's the role fishing people are upset about btw:

Generic answer, give me more to work with.
What more could you possibly be expecting?
A longer answer that's going to say the exact same thing?

Scum will never say they're scum
Werewolf won't say they're a werewolf
But a townie....

Lynch Pls
Red Ryu
Rajam

Lynch is ok :
FrozenFlame
Brindor
Kevin
Z25

Don't Lynch:
Mac
Tom
Lore
Maven

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I think Mac is looking for something he found super off but not with ill intent.

Lore v Mac looks TvT just cause I see where both are coming from but it seems like a misunderstanding.

Lore Lore #HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac join me on the holy crusade on Pythag.
I mean considering how I find nothing wrong with Pythag but do find issues with you, I think I'll take a rain check on that crusade lol. No offense.

I really do think that Pythag was baiting out responses, or alternatively, people hopped on him as lynch bait. I lean towards the former.

He thinks you faked your initial post on Tom to look like you actually cared about hunting Tom but never tried to do anything.

Your actions never added up with your words.

I disagree with Mac but I get where his thought process is on this.
I disagree as well. Especially since I laid out my thoughts pretty clearly in the original post.

Honestly I don't understand how someone can go after that for "fake scumhunting" while in the exact same post I started scumhunting/pressuring another player. It's clear where my priorities were.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Here's the role fishing people are upset about btw:

What more could you possibly be expecting?
A longer answer that's going to say the exact same thing?

Scum will never say they're scum
Werewolf won't say they're a werewolf
But a townie....
the reason why this rolefish thing seems super dumb to me is theres literally only 1 town PR in the game.

and only 2/5 scum care about that town PR, if anything the other 3/5 scum would prefer for the the Seer to stay hidden. (maybe even more than town would) so just given the numbers it seems unlikely that those 2 players would attempt to role fish for the 1 role. and even in regular mafia games scum probably avoids rolefishing because they know it looks super bad. maybe RR is that bad of a player that he'd risk it, but it just seems unlikely

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Inactives should not be off the table just cause “connections”

We can ignore FF cause he is getting replaced but I want to see more from the Tom/Z25 crowd. Brindor should be on there for posting nothing of value.

Brindor Brindor can you answer my previous posts? I got some stuff I want you to comment on. How do you feel about Mac v Lore? What about me v Pythag?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
the reason why this rolefish thing seems super dumb to me is theres literally only 1 town PR in the game.

and only 2/5 scum care about that town PR, if anything the other 3/5 scum would prefer for the the Seer to stay hidden. (maybe even more than town would) so just given the numbers it seems unlikely that those 2 players would attempt to role fish for the 1 role. and even in regular mafia games scum probably avoids rolefishing because they know it looks super bad. maybe RR is that bad of a player that he'd risk it, but it just seems unlikely
That's a decent point.

What do you think he was hoping for when he asked Raxxel for more defense then? An appeal to emotion?
Red has shown himself capable of asking good questions (see his most recent posts), so why does that one seem so out of place to me? Does it not to you?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
also Raxxle, how do you reconcile that with your vote on FF? does that make you want to move off his wagon?
As much as I hate FrozenFlame's inactivity, I have no idea if he is even looking at these posts right now. If he is utterly inactive, silent, then I'd rather focus on someone who has been silent but I know for a fact is seeing these posts, and that is Tom at the moment. So yes, I want off the FF wagon for now because I feel it won't yield a productive result.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lore im doing my best to not respond to your dumbass posts. you're tryna suck me in but imma stay strong
That's a decent point.

What do you think he was hoping for when he asked Raxxel for more defense then? An appeal to emotion?
Red has shown himself capable of asking good questions (see his most recent posts), so why does that one seem so out of place to me? Does it not to you?
not really, but i'll reread that interaction.

also i think kevinM posted somewhere about his issues with Ruy but i cant seem to find that post. so ill take a look at both of those and get back to you

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh no, it happened again.

something that i drafted and decided not to post got included in my last post. lol haha sorry Lore

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
why not lynch tom?
The only thing I see against him is : He was crapposting, He hasn't been super present, but he has been liking things. That doesn't make me panic.
He got lynched for relatively similar things in summer bash and he was towm.
Rockin' also did a similar thing and was town. (I believe)

But Tom Tom if you'd like to come into the thread I'm sure we'd all be happy to have a 6th player in this game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
why not lynch tom?
I've got him lower on my lynch pool because of the fact that we have 5 confirmed anti-town roles in this game. I think we need to maximize our chances of either hitting scum or making sure that the player we lynch is someone that has drawn active connections.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
oh no, it happened again.

something that i drafted and decided not to post got included in my last post. lol haha sorry Lore
Meh, no worries. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually intentional, lol. No offence. But I didn't find any issue with it to begin with so it's all good.

The only thing I see against him is : He was crapposting, He hasn't been super present, but he has been liking things. That doesn't make me panic.
He got lynched for relatively similar things in summer bash and he was towm.
Rockin' also did a similar thing and was town. (I believe)

But Tom Tom if you'd like to come into the thread I'm sure we'd all be happy to have a 6th player in this game.
I mean, if he got lynched for it then he should know better.

Honestly, I'd drop it completely if he just came in and posted a bit. It's just a pretty big issue.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Which also sort of answers your first question Pythag.
Only kind of.
By avoiding inactives...isn't it going to wind up like summer bash D3 where inactives outnumber the actives?

You're more ok with that then lynching them at the start?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
can you clarify your dislike for Ruy? i was initially wary of Red Ryu and thought his vote on Raxxel was a bit opportunistic, but i've since been feeling better about that slot. RR brought up good points on pythag (in #138 and elsewhere) that i also noticed when i first read. How pythags position on on Raxxle was kinda commentary without a purpose. it was wishy-washy / non-commital and opened the door for him to be ok with hopping on Raxxle's wagon. like if Pythag thinks what Raxxle did was wrong regardless of alignment why would he be ok with lynching him, esp so early?

as an aside, it's super funny that Lore Lore thinks pythag was making a hard stance in that post, that's not how i (and i think most others) read it at all. pythag saying that Raxxle's actions make no sense as both town or scum is not a hard stance. pythag simply responding to a question by KevinM is not a hard stance. so i dunno why Lore thinks that pythag made his post to pressure Raxxle when it clearly seems like not the case.

kevin, how do you reconcile the fact that Ruy (a scumread of yours) is also pushing pythag (another scumread). you think they're probably separate alignments?

also i get what you're saying about inactives, but something needs to be done with them. i def 100% support policy lynching for that kinda ****

I can reconcile by re-reading their interactions upon a flip, again its easier for me to see SvS in a game like this because of the nature of two factions.

Also mods need to be helping us out on prodding faster. Tom hasn't posted since D1 he should be getting prodded unless i missed it?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Only kind of.
By avoiding inactives...isn't it going to wind up like summer bash D3 where inactives outnumber the actives?

You're more ok with that then lynching them at the start?
I think in a game with 3 day deadlines and 5 anti-town roles we need to police the mods if they aren't prodding hard enough.

You know I love me some good old fashioned weak/inactive lynches in longer games.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
At this point I almost want to exclusively play small games that have guaranteed activity. This is the 3rd or 4th game in a row with activity issues.
Instead of mafia we'll play Forum : Rock Paper Scissors.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i agree that the mods can help us out with a lot of this.

i hate that we're yet again talking about inactivity, whats the point of playing if it's guaranteed to get like this. Another factor is that we have 3 day deadlines (who's idea was that??) which exacerbates this issue cuz we literally have to lynch someone tomorrow. If we had week-long deadlines then ppl like tom, ff, and z25 wouldn't come off as anywhere near as problematic

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Inactives should not be off the table just cause “connections”

We can ignore FF cause he is getting replaced but I want to see more from the Tom/Z25 crowd. Brindor should be on there for posting nothing of value.

Brindor Brindor can you answer my previous posts? I got some stuff I want you to comment on. How do you feel about Mac v Lore? What about me v Pythag?
Honestly dude there's too many egos in to small of a thread.
I can't difference who's antagonising who anymore, it feels like I'd step on a landmine whatever way I go.
That said...

Unvote KevinM
Vote Mac

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount:

Tom: 3 (Maven89, Lore, Raxxel)
Raxxel: 2 (Rajam, Red Ryu)
Red Ryu: 1 (Pythag)
Maven89: 1 (Tom)
Lore: 1 (Mac)
Pythag: 1 (KevinM)
Mac: 1 (Brindol)

Not voting: 2 (FrozenFlame, Z25)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Prodding #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , Z25 Z25 , and Tom Tom

Less than 24 hours until the deadline. I've changed my mind, and I'm willing to make a deal. If 5 players vote for a Day Extention (Like so-- Vote: Day Extension), then I will extend the length of the day phases by 24 hours, making the total length of the day 96 hours. While I am sympathetic to the activity problems, I have no plans to extend the day any longer than this. Still waiting on a replacement for FrozenFlame.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
i agree that the mods can help us out with a lot of this.

i hate that we're yet again talking about inactivity, whats the point of playing if it's guaranteed to get like this. Another factor is that we have 3 day deadlines (who's idea was that??) which exacerbates this issue cuz we literally have to lynch someone tomorrow. If we had week-long deadlines then ppl like tom, ff, and z25 wouldn't come off as anywhere near as problematic
The idea of 3 day deadlines is so that the active players don't have to spin their wheels while the inactives lurk. Honestly, we have the perfect opportunity to make an example this game.

Tbh I have a feeling that if enough pressure is on Tom, he'll start posting. Z25 has a concussion though, so he has a bit of an excuse. FF? This is his third game in a row like this. If we can't find a replacement, I'm down to just lynch him and get it over with.

Then in the future, he should only be allowed in games if he agrees to be replaced at the first prod, unless he says ahead of time that he has something going on. We need to do something to discourage signing up then vanishing.

I can't difference who's antagonising who anymore, it feels like I'd step on a landmine whatever way I go.
That said...

Unvote KevinM
Vote Mac
Nah no worries. Just pop in, say something, and see what happens. If someone is going too aggro, ask them to stop. If they don't stop, the game mod will step in.

So why are you voting Mac?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
That said...

Unvote KevinM
Vote Mac
why do you want to lynch me?
Votecount:

Tom: 3 (Maven89, Lore, Raxxel)
Raxxel: 2 (Rajam, Red Ryu)
Red Ryu: 1 (Pythag)
Maven89: 1 (Tom)
Lore: 1 (Mac)
Pythag: 1 (KevinM)
Mac: 1 (Brindol)

Not voting: 2 (FrozenFlame, Z25)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Prodding #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , Z25 Z25 , and Tom Tom

Less than 24 hours until the deadline. I've changed my mind, and I'm willing to make a deal. If 5 players vote for a Day Extention (Like so-- Vote: Day Extension), then I will extend the length of the day phases by 24 hours, making the total length of the day 96 hours. While I am sympathetic to the activity problems, I have no plans to extend the day any longer than this. Still waiting on a replacement for FrozenFlame.
i'm in support of longer day phases
Vote: Day Extension

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I like the idea of 3-Day phases, but we just have so little to go on right now. In this game specifically, we need the extension imo.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Will Weekends only count as half days?
They were not going to be, no. Weekends are less busy so more people should have time to talk, hypothetically. Also it means that a phase may start or end at 3AM for me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
They were not going to be, no. Weekends are less busy so more people should have time to talk, hypothetically. Also it means that a phase may start or end at 3AM for me.
Typically the reasoning for half days is so people can still make weekend plans without hurting the game too much. It's up to you though.

Not sure if I understand the 3 am thing though. Half days means that a full 24 hours counts as 12. So Saturday plus Sunday only equals a single day. I assumed before that it worked more in time scales than actual days, where the weekend would start at 3 pm Saturday, have "12 hours" counted at 3 pm Sunday, then 24 hours at 3 pm Monday. Or something like that.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Vote: Day Extension

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC