• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
thx for the responses yall

I think that in the end what you're mentioning just seems like an inconsistency in what Lore is saying that doesn't really do much to point towards him being scum.

As the deadline approaches, we've yet to get much out of the softer spoken individuals such as Rajam and Z25, as well as FrozenFlame and Tom. Brindor's lack of contribution to the scumhunt conversation and in fact effort to try and point the conversation elsewhere also comes across suspicious. Do you think they could be role fishing?
i think it's highly unlikely anyone's doing much role fishing in this game, and im not a fan of how often it's come up

also i'm not sure how what you explained about Brindor would be rolefishing, though i do agree with the sentiment that his lack of substantial contributions is antitown and potentially scummy

one last q for you Pythag Pythag and then i think im gonna take a step back from the thread for a bit:
you think im focusin on something irrelevant wrt Lore - any reason you liked my #133 ?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
one last q for you Pythag Pythag and then i think im gonna take a step back from the thread for a bit:
you think im focusin on something irrelevant wrt Lore - any reason you liked my #133 ?
It was a question that got me chewing on Lore in my head, and I appreciated it.
but ultimately I don't think it gets me anywhere.

What implications do you think it's pointing to?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
How was anything I did rolefishing? Asking for better reasoning for “you will regret lynching me” is not rolefishing asking him to do better with defending himself.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright, I think we need to play a few icebreakers to break the ice during this game, so we'll start by professing to something we all believe in.
I'll go first:
Brunettes>Blondes
You need to give something more substantial than this.

Where do you stand with the raxxel situation?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
honestly sorry ya feel that way, im really not tryna pester you pointlessly (i simply just asked you one question that i had to repeat cuz you didn't answer it directly). but the point of mafia is to determine who's scum and my only way of doing that is to question people and look for contradictions / things that don't add up.

the contradiction i see is as follows:

Tom makes a post that you take seriously:

he mentions the following roles (in bold): cop, tracker, joat, and mafia joat. None of these roles are in this game

you say:

you claim you read the post in full, so it'd be kinda hard to miss the 4 roles that Tom dropped in that post. Which makes what you said in bold even more confusing - If you were truly supsicious of advice posts that mention roles, wouldn't it make sense for you to have paid at least some attention to what roles were mentioned?

Especially since you claim that you were gonna do a short re-read to confirm how you feel about that post. that seems like BS to me since there's no way you'd do a reread of a different game when you didn't even bother to coherently read / parse the post you were worried about in the first place. If you had, i don't see how you coulda thought it was related to this game / merit so much focus

in addition, you go on to say this when you were explaining how you claimed to misread the post initially:

but Tom also mentioned cop and tracker, did you also think those were hypothetical? it just doesn't add up to me.

anyway

open question to everyone (but specifically Maven89 Maven89 and @Tom): am I going crazy about this and focusing too hard on something that's irrelevant / a minor mistake? Or am I valid in thinking that Lore obviously said things that don't add up and don't align with his stated purpose

p.s.: this is giving me vibes of how i went after Tom when i was scum in summer bash mafia which sucks cuz im actually being genuine here haha...
I want to delve in this and think on it. I get the flow from a brief read but I need to think on it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Quick post reply before bed, I have a direction I want to explore tomorrow but am too tired.

honestly sorry ya feel that way, im really not tryna pester you pointlessly (i simply just asked you one question that i had to repeat cuz you didn't answer it directly). but the point of mafia is to determine who's scum and my only way of doing that is to question people and look for contradictions / things that don't add up.

the contradiction i see is as follows:

Tom makes a post that you take seriously:

he mentions the following roles (in bold): cop, tracker, joat, and mafia joat. None of these roles are in this game

you say:

you claim you read the post in full, so it'd be kinda hard to miss the 4 roles that Tom dropped in that post. Which makes what you said in bold even more confusing - If you were truly supsicious of advice posts that mention roles, wouldn't it make sense for you to have paid at least some attention to what roles were mentioned?

Especially since you claim that you were gonna do a short re-read to confirm how you feel about that post. that seems like BS to me since there's no way you'd do a reread of a different game when you didn't even bother to coherently read / parse the post you were worried about in the first place. If you had, i don't see how you coulda thought it was related to this game / merit so much focus

in addition, you go on to say this when you were explaining how you claimed to misread the post initially:

but Tom also mentioned cop and tracker, did you also think those were hypothetical? it just doesn't add up to me.
Tldr: my credit card got stolen, and I made the mistake of trying to change banks at the same time (to swap from a local one at my hometown, since I live elsewhere now). This and more led to a hellish day. Thanks for understanding.

What I'm baffled by is how little you're understanding my posts, to be frank. You even quote me then go off on this tangent about an imaginary contradiction. Here's my original quote.

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.
I, Lore, felt that the post from Tom was very similar to Marshy. I missed that it was a straight up copy paste.

The post mentioned roles in general and brought up multiple examples. I took it as hypothetical stuff, and if I literally didn't realize it was a copy paste, then is it that crazy to think that I didn't process the entire post well?

Next within my same and first post, I say that "auto suspecting role-mentioning" is a flaw of mine. I then say that before I have ANY opinion of the post, I need to reread Marshy's post since it bit me in the ass last time. Marshy was town, yet I (and Maven, ironically) thought the post was weird.

The "role-mentioning" is about how the entire ****ing post is talking about breadcrumbing power roles, not the fact that it brings up some roles. It is beyond frustrating at this point that you're focusing on the specific role examples rather than how the entire post was about roles.

It wasn't specific role fishing; it was a post that could earn a player townie points by appearing helpful, while also potentially baiting PRs into attempting breadcrumbs. I saw that as fishy. Turns out it wasn't, and it was Marshy being helpful. That means that I needed to be cautious about suspecting that sort of thing, which I said last game and said again this game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Frankly you've wasted most of the day on this irrelevant content on a nonexistent "contradiction", instead of scum hunting.

I'm sleeping on it instead of falling into OMGUS territory; otherwise I'd be voting you for wasting our time.

Not to mention your honestly disgusting mention of "lol this is how I played last time I was scum, but I'm town this time, I promise!" Jokes like that go over like a lead balloon for me.

Sleeping on it though instead of diving into another 1v1 that clogs the thread and wastes EVEN MORE time and attention.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I want to delve in this and think on it. I get the flow from a brief read but I need to think on it.
Also this post is absolute weak sauce. You hop onto the Raxx wagon with me no problem, you read my stuff with Raxx as town questioning scum (at least that's the vibe I got), and then you say that Mac's English Channel-tier tunnel makes you want to think?

Vote: Red Ryu

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also this post is absolute weak sauce. You hop onto the Raxx wagon with me no problem, you read my stuff with Raxx as town questioning scum (at least that's the vibe I got), and then you say that Mac's English Channel-tier tunnel makes you want to think?

Vote: Red Ryu
I do I want to read into it and see what he thinks with it in context.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So if I get this understanding, this is the fact Tom posted about crumbing PRs, which is bunk given this is an open set-up. So in hindsight Tom either was, trying to get a reaction, give advice or just didn’t read the OP.

Which I tend to do the last option when I sign up and wing it.

The issue Mac has is why did Lore treat it super serious and then claimed to reread. But if Lore did a reread should know the set-up and therefore lied.

Hmm i’m not feeling the theory too much since it seems like a reach with the bolded. Not one with ill intent.

Curious what others think but I don’t agree with that assessment.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't think that I listed that as my SOLE reason.
I was watching the interactions, Raxxel was looking better. I was hemming and hawing, and l still thought it could be a why me fry me. I looked at the link again, though.

Upon reading I saw at the bottom that it shouldn't be used for new players. That was a new tidbit.
I felt more comfortable backing off at that point.

what didn't you like about Ryu's position on the Raxxle's wagon?

What is there to like about this post?
teases at Raxxel's defense, and then challenges without actually asking a real question? what is that?

He's right in the middle, of the wagon (had it been an actual lynch) his timing seemed really opportunistic.
Also he talks about pressure, but his first question was nothing more than 'what are you gonna do about it."

And his distaste at the simple defense of Raxxel leaves bad taste in my mouth.
There's all of 1 Town PR in this game. It looked like he was trying to pressure a noob into giving up that info really quickly.[/QUOTE]

Why not jump on? I didn’t like his reactions and wanted to pressure him more.

Changed my mind when he gave more to Lore.

Giving me something to do with my vote and I wanted to see where things would go. Get some pressure moving and get him to talk with me more. If I still hated his responses I would have left it there but found you to be much better for a lunch.

Worked for me, since I want you gone due to your lack of taking a good stance or trying to figure him out.

if he's scum he was wrong by drawing attention to himself.
if he's town his super strong response is wrong by being more helpful to scum than town.
Posts like these when I feel better about Raxxel is my issue. You don’t have or ever gave a strong stance on what you thought of him, but were ok with a lynch either way.

What gives?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pythag lynch is what I want right now.

Outside of that.

Brindor if they post more nonsense to be unreadable or an inactive at this stage.

I don’t have a strong direction past that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lore, the post talks about more than just breadcrumbing roles, only the first paragraph is about that. there's even a section that explicitly gives advice regarding the setup from summer bash:

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously
there are so many places like the above in the post that should have tipped you off that it wasn't regarding this game, especially if you were gonna spend more time investigating it like you claimed

and cuz you seem to be mis-representing or misunderstanding my issue with your slot ill make it as clear as possible:
  • Tom makes a post that you say you want to spend more time investigating.
  • All the subsequent replies you've made regarding the post (including this last one) makes it clear that you never fully read that post in the first place.
  • Therefore it appears that you were BSing about wanting to investigate the post more. and only scum would do that

Frankly you've wasted most of the day on this irrelevant content on a nonexistent "contradiction", instead of scum hunting.
uhh i AM scumhunting by doing this, lol what else would this be?

this criticism doesn't make sense. i don't think i dominated the thread - ppl can and have talked about other stuff. not that many ppl even responded to my post... and even if i did dominate, would you prefer i didn't post anything like many in the game or that i posted meaningless **** like Brindor's slot?

and lets not forget - you LITERALLY ASKED me to expand on why you were my current top choice for scum. like cmon bruh, dont get mad when i do exactly what you say

I'm sleeping on it instead of falling into OMGUS territory; otherwise I'd be voting you for wasting our time.
OK? congrats. this shows that you're soooooo townie :rolleyes:

Sleeping on it though instead of diving into another 1v1 that clogs the thread
was never my intention, please don't bother responding to this post if this bugs you so much

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
KevinM KevinM imma have to agree with you - i have like 0 faith that this town can even come close to winning this game. we'll see what happens if / when more ppl start to speak up

my reads list after the second day:

Scum
Lore

Should Die
#HBC | FrozeηFlame / Z25 / Tom / Brindor

Can Die
Pythag

Can live i guess but yall still look gross
everyone else

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So if I get this understanding, this is the fact Tom posted about crumbing PRs, which is bunk given this is an open set-up. So in hindsight Tom either was, trying to get a reaction, give advice or just didn’t read the OP.

Which I tend to do the last option when I sign up and wing it.

The issue Mac has is why did Lore treat it super serious and then claimed to reread. But if Lore did a reread should know the set-up and therefore lied.

Hmm i’m not feeling the theory too much since it seems like a reach with the bolded. Not one with ill intent.

Curious what others think but I don’t agree with that assessment.
Slight misunderstanding here. I said that I needed to do a reread of a previous game, where the post here reminded me of a post from that game. I did a reread and found out that it was literally a copy paste of that same post from the previous game.

I was completely clear on my intent all the way through, even saying in my initial post that I wanted to hold off on any opinion until I went and looked at that previous game. I took Tom's post as general advice for the town PR and-

Wait, breadcrumbing wouldn't make sense in this open setup. Hinting that you're the PR gains you nothing, since we don't have a protective role. It's bad general advice. I guess you could crumb if you have a noteworthy result, but it'd be difficult to do that and not get killed. I'm going to reread and see if Tom ever explained why he posted Marshy's thing.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac Have you ever considered that if I didn't realize it was a copy paste in the first place, maybe I didn't process the post mentally enough? Like I've been repeatedly saying?

At this point you're either scum, tunnel-visioned town, or straight up dumb. And I really don't think it's that third option.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

I'm not really a fan of you folding and going "oh ok I'm on Lore's side" after the lightest bit of pressure, tbh. Especially after how open-ended and non-commital your initial "hmm gonna think on Mac's stuff here" post was.

I'm fine with keeping my vote on you for now, just got a general weird vibe from that string of interactions.

My current pool is you (RR), FrozenFlame, Brindor, and Mac. FF because we seriously need to purge this inactive problem from DGames, Brindor unless they start voting and asking questions, and Mac unless he leaves his tunnel. He's pulling a classic Lore move here, focusing too hard on a single thing.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Bolded is just distancing garbage. Text could've ended without it

Kev scum -> Maven scum
On a reread, this stuck out. Not sure why this was focused on, Rajam. It read like Kev wanted to check in with a player who unfortunately had been chronically inactive in previous games, to avoid having a player with little info on them. Out of all the content in that big post (which frankly could be argued as being buddying garbage but fun garbage), why was this the thing that stood out to you?

Anyway I'm going to reread the Pythag/Kev interactions more. I feel like there's gold to be found here, and it'll give me further context on Ryu since he is pushing hard for Pythag.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Vote FrozenFlame
Seriously, can we all agree to get this out of the way at least? Dude hasn't posted once these past two days, the deadline is upon us. Let's at least lynch an inactive member.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Vote FrozenFlame
Seriously, can we all agree to get this out of the way at least? Dude hasn't posted once these past two days, the deadline is upon us. Let's at least lynch an inactive member.
While I completely agree, I would rather wait until later in the Day phase to do this. Lynching an inactive D1 can hamper things in terms of getting useful reads from a flip, and I'd rather get someone who has a paper trail/opinions/interactions that a flip would shed light on.

But at the same time I really want to rid this subforum of this inactive problem, and FF has been inactive for the past 3 games. So I'm mixed on this game in particular. I think I'm more than fine with an inactive lynch in this game, but I do still want to wait.

Maven89

Smash Master
Damn it Mac's playing God again!
Posts like this are going to get you killed. You’re making it impossible for anyone to read you, which means when it comes to the end of the game (if you’re still around) you’re going to get lynched. Please look around some more at how people are posting and match that. I don’t want to lose a game because you keep doing this.

Tom has only posted once, but he’s gone out of his way to like posts, meaning he’s reading, but not posting. Killing Tom is a good choice now.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin can we replace FrozenFlame?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Posts like this are going to get you killed. You’re making it impossible for anyone to read you, which means when it comes to the end of the game (if you’re still around) you’re going to get lynched. Please look around some more at how people are posting and match that. I don’t want to lose a game because you keep doing this.

Tom has only posted once, but he’s gone out of his way to like posts, meaning he’s reading, but not posting. Killing Tom is a good choice now.

Agreed on Brindor.

Also agreed on Tom, he kinda peaced out after making his initial posts. I was hoping he'd post more today, but we will see. Honestly that kind of behavior is more irritating than "normal" inactivity to me; coasting doesn't help Town at all.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm down to lynch

Pythag
Ruy
Lore
Tom/Brindool/FF - Useless Slots

Basically in that order.

People pushing for an FF or a Tom lynch over the first three are kinda skeeving me out unless you're full stop town reading them

What the **** do we gain lynching 3 slots that haven't posted on D1. We get D1 electric bungaloo tomorrow, we would have zero actual connections unless you're telling me we can that go off peoples reactions to Tom ones post.

Lets just go one one of the top 3 and get this day over with, Mods need to start replacing for inactivity or this game is either gonna die or be another lame auto scum win. And I ain't having either of those I'm still salty about the last one.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Vote is staying on Pythag, I'm willing to lynch Ruy off exactly what I stated before, I hate the Lore slot and if it gets momentum I'll jump there also because i agree with the way Mac has approached the grime on that slot.

Start a wagon ASAP I'm not trying to NL today and it may be hard enough for us to actually reach majority on D1.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh man I really hate that Pythag post, it appeals to how I normally want to play a mafia game and that speaks to the core of me but at the same time.. in a game with 5 scum and 7 town... I hate how flippantly he tries to put off a potential noob town mislynch. Sure maybe I’m a sucker for AtE and I’m getting souped again but the way Raxxel has played these first few pages reeks of new townie, being so blatantly self preservative is usually a pro-town outlook to me as a new player. I am not trying to misrepresent the numbers since obviously we don’t hit LYLO/MYLO until one of the factions is eliminated but this feels like one of those games where we need to jump out ahead.

vote Pythag
This feels weirdly forced. I got the impression that Pythag was just going hard on pressuring Raxxel and baiting reactions out of people with a controversial stance. This paragraph from Kev feels a bit pushed in order to get a vote going, especially with how policy/weak player lynches usually don't get this amount of heat.

It's also inconsistent with his later post:

Pythag last game I played with him I ended up basically policy lynching him in Mylo because he had refused to take a solid stance and also answered questions seemingly on the sole purpose of self-preservation. Mylo was me sitting with three completely null/nullscum reads and I’m not wasting my time developing a game to that same moment.
In this game, Pythag is making a much harder stance and completely going against his previous play. What makes his play this game so much more lynchworthy, Kev?

After my reread, I feel that Ryu was also baited into the strong reaction towards Pythag, and I still get an overall weird vibe. May expand later with quotes and details. But both his content and Kev's content seem super pushed to get a lynch going, especially when people don't usually get **** on in here for bringing up noobtown/policy lynches.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm down to lynch

Pythag
Ruy
Lore
Tom/Brindool/FF - Useless Slots

Basically in that order.

People pushing for an FF or a Tom lynch over the first three are kinda skeeving me out unless you're full stop town reading them

What the **** do we gain lynching 3 slots that haven't posted on D1. We get D1 electric bungaloo tomorrow, we would have zero actual connections unless you're telling me we can that go off peoples reactions to Tom ones post.

Lets just go one one of the top 3 and get this day over with, Mods need to start replacing for inactivity or this game is either gonna die or be another lame auto scum win. And I ain't having either of those I'm still salty about the last one.
Nah after some quick thought, f*** this weak s*** lol.

What's Tom going to do after a post like this? "Oh cool so any wagon on me is toothless, I won't post anymore." This is different than FF, who can and should be replaced. Tom posted and is actively liking things; he needs a wagon on him yesterday, to get him to actually post.

And if he doesn't start making content and posting, in response to the wagon? It'll mean that we found scum, imo. The dude is reading the thread, but he also is clearly coasting. He won't start posting until legitimate pressure is on him.

Vote: Tom

Lynch priority:

Tom
Ryu
Brindor
FrozenFlame
Potentially Kev depending on responses/future content, the Pythag stuff is weird imo
Mac

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
To be clear, I am generally against noob/weak player lynches. It's just that the idea usually doesn't get this much vitriol. Especially from a player who posted this already:

Usually I just push to lynch new/weak players if I can’t go find a game, but given the set up and the fact that before Mac had confirmed I didn’t feel comfortable with the strength of town I figured I could do a little due diligence. The way you’re playing is definitely confirming I’m going to need to do a little legwork for town.
Kev, lay out for me the differences between your above example of past new/weak player lynches and Pythag's similar behavior. What makes him scummy now that didn't make you scummy in the past?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount:

Raxxel: 2 (Rajam, Red Ryu)
Tom: 2 (Maven89, Lore)
Red Ryu: 1 (Pythag)
Maven89: 1 (Tom)
Lore: 1 (Mac)
KevinM: 1 (Brindol)
Pythag: 1 (KevinM)
FrozenFlame: 1 (Raxxel)

Not voting: 2 (FrozenFlame, Z25)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Maven89 Maven89 , I was going to start looking for a replacement at 2 prods. However, I can begin my search now.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Nah after some quick thought, f*** this weak s*** lol.

What's Tom going to do after a post like this? "Oh cool so any wagon on me is toothless, I won't post anymore." This is different than FF, who can and should be replaced. Tom posted and is actively liking things; he needs a wagon on him yesterday, to get him to actually post.

And if he doesn't start making content and posting, in response to the wagon? It'll mean that we found scum, imo. The dude is reading the thread, but he also is clearly coasting. He won't start posting until legitimate pressure is on him.

Vote: Tom

Lynch priority:

Tom
Ryu
Brindor
FrozenFlame
Potentially Kev depending on responses/future content, the Pythag stuff is weird imo
Mac
Anything to get more people talking honestly.
Vote Tom

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac Have you ever considered that if I didn't realize it was a copy paste in the first place, maybe I didn't process the post mentally enough? Like I've been repeatedly saying?

At this point you're either scum, tunnel-visioned town, or straight up dumb. And I really don't think it's that third option.
i know, but thats the point though. if you skimmed it or hadn't read it thoroughly enough to realize it had nothing to do with this game, then why bring attention to it at all? why say you think it's potentially scummy and that you're gonna focus more on it if you barely even read it? It doesn't make sense, and seems like you're trying to fake seeming like you're scumhunting

My current pool is ... Mac unless he leaves his tunnel. He's pulling a classic Lore move here, focusing too hard on a single thing.
i really haven't liked your reaction to me spending just 1 single IRL day to dive into this. you frame it as though ive been dominating the thread, and that im not scumhunting, and all this other ****. none of that makes sense. and makes you look worse

so imma say right now that it's highly unlikely imma ever jump off your slot and will spend the game tryna get you lynched. so ya might as well push for my lynch right now

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

maven i've asked you a couple times about your reaction to what i've brought up on lore, can you give me that? it doesn't have to be long or thought out or anything, just gut reaction

also aside from inactives, do you have any directions you're leaning towards? i know its hard cuz half the game has barely been posting.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
i know, but thats the point though. if you skimmed it or hadn't read it thoroughly enough to realize it had nothing to do with this game, then why bring attention to it at all? why say you think it's potentially scummy and that you're gonna focus more on it if you barely even read it? It doesn't make sense, and seems like you're trying to fake seeming like you're scumhunting

i really haven't liked your reaction to me spending just 1 single IRL day to dive into this. you frame it as though ive been dominating the thread, and that im not scumhunting, and all this other ****. none of that makes sense. and makes you look worse

so imma say right now that it's highly unlikely imma ever jump off your slot and will spend the game tryna get you lynched. so ya might as well push for my lynch right now
... Because I automatically suspect any post like that in the early game, but I wanted to go back and reread Marshy's content to try to break that habit if the posts were similar. I directly said that. Turns out they were literally exactly the same. I'm getting very frustrated about having to repeat myself.

"Faking scumhunting" in my first post of the game, where I also made a firm vote on another player? Come on.

As for the rest, we've wasted time and energy on this back and forth that is about my first post in the game and none of my other content. Yes, you're absolutely tunnel-visioned. You spent pretty much an entire IRL day on this, when we have only 3 days. Literally a third of D1 has been spent on this nonsense.

The fact that you're now saying "imma never jump off your slot" despite only talking about a single post this entire time is, frankly, absurd. Take a few minutes away from this game, breathe, and come back with fresh eyes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also how did you go from this:

these two posts are weird to me - im pretty sure tom posted marshy's post verbatim... my dude even kept the Town JOAT part which is a role that's not even in this game. i can't tell if my sarcasm detectors are off but it seems like yall were takin it semi seriously?

Lore Lore how is it relevant at all to this game whether or not marshy was scum?

Maven89 Maven89 your post was just confusing cuz Tom didn't even mention you in it
To this:

maven i've asked you a couple times about your reaction to what i've brought up on lore, can you give me that? it doesn't have to be long or thought out or anything, just gut reaction

also aside from inactives, do you have any directions you're leaning towards? i know its hard cuz half the game has barely been posting.

Maven and I had similar reactions, and you even called him out on it. Now you're asking just his opinions on me, without any actual heat on him? What?

99% of your posts have been either about me or asking people about me. Take a break from the game if that's what's needed for fresh eyes, because right now you're absolutely a detriment to Town.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

can you clarify your dislike for Ruy? i was initially wary of Red Ryu and thought his vote on Raxxel was a bit opportunistic, but i've since been feeling better about that slot. RR brought up good points on pythag (in #138 and elsewhere) that i also noticed when i first read. How pythags position on on Raxxle was kinda commentary without a purpose. it was wishy-washy / non-commital and opened the door for him to be ok with hopping on Raxxle's wagon. like if Pythag thinks what Raxxle did was wrong regardless of alignment why would he be ok with lynching him, esp so early?

as an aside, it's super funny that Lore Lore thinks pythag was making a hard stance in that post, that's not how i (and i think most others) read it at all. pythag saying that Raxxle's actions make no sense as both town or scum is not a hard stance. pythag simply responding to a question by KevinM is not a hard stance. so i dunno why Lore thinks that pythag made his post to pressure Raxxle when it clearly seems like not the case.

kevin, how do you reconcile the fact that Ruy (a scumread of yours) is also pushing pythag (another scumread). you think they're probably separate alignments?

also i get what you're saying about inactives, but something needs to be done with them. i def 100% support policy lynching for that kinda ****

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also how did you go from this:

To this:

Maven and I had similar reactions, and you even called him out on it. Now you're asking just his opinions on me, without any actual heat on him? What?

99% of your posts have been either about me or asking people about me. Take a break from the game if that's what's needed for fresh eyes, because right now you're absolutely a detriment to Town.
diff between you and maven, is that Maven didn't claim that he was suspicious of Tom's post and that he was gonna spend more time thinking about it

im a detriment to town for pushing my scumread. right, thanks for the solid mafia advice.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
can you clarify your dislike for Ruy? i was initially wary of Red Ryu and thought his vote on Raxxel was a bit opportunistic, but i've since been feeling better about that slot. RR brought up good points on pythag (in #138 and elsewhere) that i also noticed when i first read. How pythags position on on Raxxle was kinda commentary without a purpose. it was wishy-washy / non-commital and opened the door for him to be ok with hopping on Raxxle's wagon. like if Pythag thinks what Raxxle did was wrong regardless of alignment why would he be ok with lynching him, esp so early?

as an aside, it's super funny that Lore Lore thinks pythag was making a hard stance in that post, that's not how i (and i think most others) read it at all. pythag saying that Raxxle's actions make no sense as both town or scum is not a hard stance. pythag simply responding to a question by KevinM is not a hard stance. so i dunno why Lore thinks that pythag made his post to pressure Raxxle when it clearly seems like not the case.

kevin, how do you reconcile the fact that Ruy (a scumread of yours) is also pushing pythag (another scumread). you think they're probably separate alignments?

also i get what you're saying about inactives, but something needs to be done with them. i def 100% support policy lynching for that kinda ****
After some consideration, Lore is right about needing to be wary about policy lynching. Best case scenario we lynch inactive scum. Worst case however, scum get a free town lynch with us having very little to read from it given the very nature of policy lynching. Let's be careful.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
right Raxxle (though it was Kevin who said be wary about policy lynching, not lore), but if you don't have a policy of lynching inactives, whats to prevent scum from purposely being inactive so they don't have to commit to anything in thread and theres less for town to analyse them on. if they don't post it reduces the possibility of them making a scum slip. Also they know they can get away with it if we say we're ok with letting ppl who are inactive stay alive.

i get the point that theres less to go off of if they flip town / scum but i still think thats better than letting scum get away with not contributing.

also this is gonna sound weird, but i don't think lynching town is as bad in this game as it is in most other games. the fact that scum is not only fighting against town but fighting against another scum faction gives town a lil more leeway. scum has to make sure to not let the other faction get a majority so if too many town lynches/kills come in, it makes more sense for scum to try to lynch/nkill the other faction than it does to keep killing town.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What? Seriously, what?

Pythag voted for Raxxel. When asked if he was ok if a Town player might die, he directly said he'd be fine with it. He next said that while he doesn't want to lynch Town, the player should be blamed for that mislynch.

That's the definition of a hard, clear stance. What thread are you reading?

diff between you and maven, is that Maven didn't claim that he was suspicious of Tom's post and that he was gonna spend more time thinking about it

im a detriment to town for pushing my scumread. right, thanks for the solid mafia advice.
Mac, I'm going to quote myself again to show my reaction to the post. Please read it again.

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.
Where did I say that I was firmly suspicious of the post? I said that I got Marshy vibes and that I tend to be auto-suspicious of posts like that, so I wanted to reread the Marshy stuff to compare the situations. I remembered my suspicion of Marshy backfiring, with Marshy actually being Town.

I laid out my thought process clearly, in a detailed manner. In no way was I firmly suspicious or even said that I was. I will be copy pasting this and the last paragraph in every single reply to your posts on this subject.

Mac, you're playing like me at my worst in the last few games. I want you to think on how you felt when I was hyper focused on Ran, or the other tunneling moments. You're so tunneled in that you are still only talking about my literal first post in the game. If people can call me out on that behavior, I can certainly do the same to you.

Take a break and come back to the game.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also Raxxle, how do you reconcile that with your vote on FF? does that make you want to move off his wagon?

Top Bottom