• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [June 6th, 2015] KINGS OF KZOO III (Kalamazoo, MI)

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO

KZOO SMASH + Super Hype

SmashBoards Thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/june-6th-2015-kings-of-kzoo-iii-kalamazoo-mi.400808/

That's right folks! This series will be run in lieu of the Fall Circuit of year's past, with a hope of making as equaly an exciting exhibition as KZOO SMASH's last summer events. You can expect a stream as per usual, with the uploads being placed on YouTube of your matches. We will be hosting games from Smash 4, PM and Melee. With a Melee/PM/SMASH4 setup, venue fees shall be waived. We will also be doing a raffle for setups. For each full setup you bring [That is used for the entire tournament], will enter you into a drawing for $20 CASH! The drawing will be done around 5:00 PM, so make sure you stick around!

Event @ A Glance:
Venue: $5
Games: Smash 4, PM, Melee
Where: Kalamazoo First Assembly of God
Pools + Double Elimination Bracket

Melee:
*4 Stock, 8 minute time limit, no items, pause disabled, 2/3 games

*Starters: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land

*Pokemon Stadium II is a Counter-Pick

*Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.

PM Stagelist: *2 BANS*

Starters:
Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium II, Battlefield, Smashville, Battlefield

Counter Picks:
Green Hill, Distant Planet, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Wario Ware

SMASH 4:

*2 Stocks, 6 Minutes

Available Stages:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd

*Omegas are banned

*Smash 4 Custom Move Setups: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-custom-moveset-project-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721

COSTS:
*Venue Fee = $5 (Waived w/ setup + $20 raffle)
*Sm4sh 4/PM/Melee Singles = $5 Per Entrant

Payouts:
1/2/3 gets 55/30/15

DOORS OPEN AT 11:00
SMASH 4 SINGLES CLOSE AT 12:00
SMASH 4 POOLS START AT 12:30 (BEST OF 1)
SMASH 4 BRACKET STARTS AT 1:30
MELEE SINGLES CLOSES AT 1:30
MELEE POOLS STARTS AT 2:00
MELEE BRACKET STARTS AT 4:00
PM SINGLES CLOSES AT 3:30
PM SINGLES POOLS STARTS AT 4:00
PM BRACKET STARTS AT 6:00

Last edited:

Comet Knight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.Y32
3DS FC
2208-6123-2254
Will you be holding any more tournaments later in the year? Because I'd love to have my first tournament experience to be here.

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
Hey Comet Knight! We have events usually held bi-monthly (KZOO SMASH), but we do have free events on the off month. Summer is around the corner, and that's when we usually start heating up with the activity. Definitely keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited:

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
Heinz, U know bro

I'm really just trying to be a better TO to be honest. I want to have better tournaments, I want to reach a better audience. This is just one of those things that don't take THAT much time and effort to do, so I'm going that route with it.

Last edited:

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
yeah no for sure. in the age of ubiquitous fb smash groups i think smashboards has become a touch forgotten, but it's still the best place to get the word out about these events.

anyway, i'll def be there, count on it

p.s. what's the stadium ruleset? hoping you mean battles, not minigames, cuz **** PS2 minigames (cept chansey of course :p). would it be rental only or anything goes?

Last edited:

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
I think with such a short notice probably going to be doing standard Poke Cup rules (Level 50 Rentals). Bring 6, pick 3. Also considering having people register their teams at registration and they HAVE to choose the 6 they're bringing at the start of the event. Like literally people will be wearing an index card with their team on them lmao. Tough to say though, probably going to have rules solidified by this weekend, so that would definitely give people an opportunity to train up a team and bring em.

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
I'm thinking like 16+ Heinz. I'm hyped, hope we have enough setups out lol.

I think it's going to be a B01 though.

FREEZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hanate
Hey so are customs going to be on in all SM4SH singles? Also is there any counterpicks?

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
Hi FREEZ! We are going to be running customs for our SMASH 4 SINGLES event. I would highly recommend bringing your own controller. While I do have several extras that are in pretty pristine condition, I think players play better with a controller that they are used to. The stage list that I have provided at this time will not have any additional counter-pick stages. I am running the EVO ruleset for Smash 4 at this time (Which is why customs are enabled as well).

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
I've been looking for the longest time for a local scene and finally found one! I'm most definitely going to this. It's even only 5 minutes away! :0

Last edited:

TheRedLemming

Smash Cadet
The stars may align for me to potentially get there on the sixth. Which gives me the first opportunity to even start getting involved in that scene. Looking forward to maybe being there.

Jpot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jpot93
Hopefully I can make it out for my second (maybe third, if I make it to the War Room biweekly again) tournament. Wish there were Wii U Doubles though.

AC-Stark

Smash Rookie
I have a few questions. Are there any other tournaments in Kalamazoo? I'm from COldwater and there is NO scene here. I have to work and go to school quite a bit (Senior in HS) so its difficult for me to find close tournaments. If I can't make it are there weeklies or something I can go to? Also, I have a PM setup I can bring but I have alternate costumes and music, is that okay? Or should I revert to regular 3.5?

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
AC-Stark, we will be running events more frequently throughout the summer. I may be starting up a weekly/bi-weekly soon. There is a small scene in Sturgis of about 7-8 people.

Costumes/music is fine.

Last edited:

Allah

Smash Rookie
Hey Comet Knight! We have events usually held bi-monthly (KZOO SMASH), but we do have free events on the off month. Summer is around the corner, and that's when we usually start heating up with the activity. Definitely keep your eyes peeled.
Are you guys doing PM doubles i couldve swore you were...

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
Allah,

At one point we were, but we opted for a smaller margin of error and decided with pools instead. I have told many players if time permits we can do doubles.

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
See you guys today!

*PM Doubles has been added thanks to Solharath TOing,
*Melee Doubles has been added thanks to Stif TOing

ChaosFalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dixdix22
3DS FC
3351-4604-2698
So sad I didn't find out about this until now or I would have come, I'll keep a look out if you put another post up for a tourny hope it went well.

Jpot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jpot93
Won my first tournament set yesterday! I had tons of fun, and I'm glad everybody enjoyed the Smash 4 doubles bracket I ran, even if PM held us up a bit with DQ threats against people playing both.

Edit: Not intending to stir up any ****. Any game's singles definitely take priority over any game's doubles, it just seemed a bit excessive to threaten to DQ players who are obviously making a good faith effort to play all their matches in a timely fashion.

Last edited:

Era)

KZOO SMASH CEO
Jpot, doubles was run separately from us. Truth is, while Sol had the best intentions with DQing, he should of just held his horses and let the singles matches play out w/ priority. As a player it is a tough situation to be in, and I apologize to anyone who was a part of it.

That being said, thanks to everyone who came out. We had 86 unique entrants, which is our largest yet. After I upload all the VODS, I will make a results page.

Top Bottom