• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 6, 2015] Southeast MI High School Melee! SIngles/Crews |Melee + Project M| (Northville, MI)

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
Results: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...s-crews-melee-project-m-northville-mi.405363/

Southeast Michigan High School Melee
Singles and Crew Battles

June 6, 2015
Northville, MI

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/368798026646847/368799386646711/

Registartion:
(For melee singles/crews) CLOSED
Pools: (spoilers suck, sorry)
Pool Gamertag
A1 Adam
A4 AlCo
B10 AlexZander
A7 Alltra
B16 Astro
B12 Barthurs
A3 Byron
B9 childhood
B16 Choob
B16 chruss
A2 clickclack
A5 Coco
B9 COI | Liam_Butler
B16 ColonNation
A7 Dankmemerino
A5 Dingleberry
A1 Dio
B14 Dylz
A8 EastBalls
A5 Fedorable
A6 food
A2 FRSK
A2 Gidy
B13 Higgs
A7 Hot garbage
A4 IceCold3000
A3 ImTooWhite
A8 Jayce
B12 jfgameboy
B14 JMac
B15 JoeBigs
A3 joEy
A4 Ju1ce
A1 Jutin
A2 JWinks
A6 jZee
A5 Karils
B15 Kazu
B10 Larrbear
A8 lick
A6 Lodlob
B15 Luxy
A3 MacDeezi
B13 Mad Pierrot: Tongpu
B11 MagicScrumpy
B9 Maxo the Midge
B14 Momo
A3 Nonner
A1 ok
A7 P1
B12 PeachU
A8 Pills*N*Capes
B15 Pops
A4 Ransora
A7 Reid's Reads
B13 Rottenyogurt
A5 Sacredtwin11
B14 shabraca
A6 Shellz
B12 Stabled
B11 Starner
A4 tar
B10 TheBinski
B11 Trevsti
A6 Ueramos
A8 Wolff
B13 Wreckening
B9 Xam
A1 Xtrooper
B10 Bboynanaz
B11 Mason Yason
A2 Milk
B9 Depressed
B10 OFWG

INFO:

Hey High School smashers! The Livonia Stevenson High School smash bros club is hosting a High school ONLY melee tournament! This means people that are of the graduating class 2015 or younger (2016, 2017, 2018). There will also be crew battles based on school/areas. So come prepared!
More info to be added soon!

Fees:
Pay at the door.

Venue Fee: $5 (waved if full melee setup plus CRT is brought)
Melee singles: $5
Project M singles: $5
Crews: $0

Schedule:
10am venue opens
10:50 melee crew check in ends
11 melee pools wave a/ melee crew 1
11:30 Project M registration closes
12 Project M starts
12:30 melee wave b/ melee crew 2
3 melee bracket
6 melee crew finals
7 done, restaurant take over

Schedule subject to change based on number of entrants.​
Rules:

Crew Battles
  • Teams of 5 (TBD)
  • Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land 64
  • Timer: Off
  • Items: Off
  • Stocks Per Person: Four (4)
  • No other stages will be permitted.
  • For the first match, both teams may strike one stage. A coin flip, Rock-Paper-Scissors, or Mr. Game & Watch hammers may be used to decide who strikes first. The match will be played on the remaining stage.
  • The incoming player has the right to go Random or choose the stage to be played on from the 3 listed. There are no bans or striking in any matches after the first. Under no circumstances will a player be allowed to change from the character they chose for the crew battle during it.
Singles
  • Game version: US Nintendo GameCube
  • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
  • Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
  • Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.
  • Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
  • Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
  • Games are Bo3. Top 8 are Bo5.
Project M
  • 4 Stock
  • 8:00 Minute Timer
  • All Items Set to OFF, Item Frequency set to NONE
  • Input Assist set to OFF
  • Ties after time limit is reached are determined by stocks, then percentage
  • You cannot counter-pick any stage you have won on unless it's agreed upon by the opponent.
  • The TO Staff reserves the right to change rule sets prior to the event.

• Stage Striking
  • 1. First player strikes one stage.
  • 2. Second player strikes two stages.
  • 3. First player strikes one stage.

• Starter
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Counterpick
  • Final Destination
  • Warioware
  • Yoshi's Island Brawl
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • After each match:
  • 1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
  • 2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
  • 3. Winner chooses their character
  • 4. Loser chooses their character
Code of Conduct
  • No alcohol, smoking, or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • No coaching in-game or between games of a set. The TO reserves the right to disqualify players for either coaching or receiving in-game coaching during a set.
  • All disqualifications due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning the disqualified player will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if late for a pools match.
  • The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured gameplay footage.
  • The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the event’s use or publication of photographs taken of you.
  • The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
  • The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
  • The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
If you have any questions, contact me (Jacob "jfgameboy") or Ralph "Rottenyogurt", who created the Facebook page or Yuko for Project M.

Last edited:

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
very hype to see this kind of thing. would love to see it happen over on the west side as well for our fledgling young smashers. good ****, good luck

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
A PM side thing could be cool. I dunno how well it would take off, but it's a pretty good idea.

Do it anyway! This event has potential.
We're already planning on having a tournament to end the year, and there's one guy who's been pushing for melee, but the rest of us want PM :p

I'll talk to some people and maybe we can have both and organize a meetup of top players from each school, that would be hype!

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
My school could totally do this! Only problem is, we're more of PM players than melee players.
Because this is the first one, we don't want to bite off more than we can chew. Still debating including PM for this first time. Either way, an MI high school invitational based on regions would be so hype.

Last edited:

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
I talked to some people at my school about it, and everyone thinks it would be an awesome idea! Now we just need to organize it. I have a few questions about this: how many players from each school would make it into the top player meetup, is there any chance of having both PM and melee, and is this tournament just for people who attend that high school or is it open to all high school smashers in the area?
Open to all high schools in the area. What school do you go to? You are more than welcome to come down! As for East V West, I figured any HS smasher could attend and a "best school from each region" crew battle would be had. If you are hosting on your side of the state, it is all up to you on what events occur at the tournament.

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
I go to City High/Middle School, and I wish I could go over to East MI, but that's a bit too far for me. People at my school were talking about having the top 8 players from each event (this one and the one at our school) meet up and have a singles tournament for the East vs. West thing.
What city is your school in?

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Are you interested in running PM? We have a second room dedicated to friendlies/side events.
I don't play PM nor do I really like to play it, so I'm not really interested. However, I've gathered that that's a pretty unpopular opinion; if enough people convey interest in running PM, then it's a pretty good idea (though I personally think just running Melee is perfectly fine).

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
I don't play PM nor do I really like to play it, so I'm not really interested. However, I've gathered that that's a pretty unpopular opinion; if enough people convey interest in running PM, then it's a pretty good idea (though I personally think just running Melee is perfectly fine).
Ok. Yuko Ray said he'd run it either way.

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
schedule added

10am - Venue opens/Friendlies
11am - Melee Pools start
11:30am - PM registration ends
12pm - PM tournament starts
12:30pm - 1st melee crew battle
2:30pm - 2nd melee crew battle
4:30pm - 3rd melee crew battle
5:30pm - Melee bracket

Schedule subject to change based on number of entrants.

Last edited:

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
ONE WEEK LEFT TO REGISTER!

Current amount of people per school:

Stevenson: 10
Novi: 6
Community: 4
Lake Shore: 4
Lake Orion: 4
Rochester: 3
Stoney Creek:1
Haslett: 1
bloomfield hill: 1
Anderson: 1
Milford: 1
Garden City: 1
Rchs: 1
Northville: 1
Walled Lake Northern: 1
Salem: 1
Cass Technical:1

Community, Lake Shore, and Lake Orion only need ONE more member to form a crew. If you wish to combine schools in the same district or city, contact me for eligibility.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
cool. do you know anyone else from Lake Orion? If you get one more you can make a crew.
Well, I know 4 people that are for sure coming plus me. So that's 5. How many for a crew battle? Check for 2 Jakes, a gionno, and a Adam on the list from lake orion.

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
Well, I know 4 people that are for sure coming plus me. So that's 5. How many for a crew battle? Check for 2 Jakes, a gionno, and a Adam on the list from lake orion.
No Adam registered. Rest have. 4 including you. If Adam registers you will have a crew (5).

Last edited:
Top Bottom