• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 5, 2015] KOFGCC 2015 (feat. TheFinalHeart, Demna, Tyrant & Kailex) (Doha, Qatar)

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562

The biggest major in Doha, Qatar of the summer, featuring the best of Qatar and top players from all across the Middle East, including Kuwait's Demna and Tyrant, as well as UAE's Kailex, and many more.

The event will be running Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in collaboration with Soaring Falcon Tournaments.
Other events include KOF XIII and Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-.

The event will run with Apex 2015 rules and will be streamed at Soaring Falcon Tournaments.

Sign up close on the 2nd of June, please submit via email to KOFGCC@gmail.com, your application must include:
  • Name:
  • Tag:
  • Game:
Hope to see you there!

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
Ah damn, it's a shame my finals extend to June 8th -_-

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Why is my name on the title, remove it

Last edited:

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
The September one, I most probably can attend. Never attended an Arabian Smash event before though, but I should still be in KSA (term should start again early Oct).

Since I'm on this, where can I find decent competitive-level players in the region? From what I've seen on Youtube in a UAE event, very few compare to the average competitive player abroad.

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
The September one, I most probably can attend. Never attended an Arabian Smash event before though, but I should still be in KSA (term should start again early Oct).

Since I'm on this, where can I find decent competitive-level players in the region? From what I've seen on Youtube in a UAE event, very few compare to the average competitive player abroad.
Try the Whatsapp group for Smash GCC or Facebook. KSA & Kuwait has some of the better players in the region, both of their top 3s are significantly better than the rest. I know Moom is really active on Twitter so try asking him for a few games on there.

Thats how it is @ E Eripor , all of the "top level arab players" are barely average.
It's not ALL in the ****ter dude. That might be the case for us here in Doha, and maybe thats how you feel about UAE's scene, but with players like Moom, Molokhiya, Raam, Tyrant, Demna and Fairess, they're arguably better than the "average" player abroad. Hell, even you and Snack if you guys put your heart into it. You're not gonna get any amazing players that play on a godly level any time soon because the scene is still really young. It's barely been a year since we've started getting active. As more tournaments start happening, players skill will increase as well. We have potential and a lot of room for growth, but it'll take years until we may get something thats a threat on a global level.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
All of the people you named are average at most, pls

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
Try the Whatsapp group for Smash GCC or Facebook. KSA & Kuwait has some of the better players in the region, both of their top 3s are significantly better than the rest. I know Moom is really active on Twitter so try asking him for a few games on there.

It's not ALL in the ****ter dude. That might be the case for us here in Doha, and maybe thats how you feel about UAE's scene, but with players like Moom, Molokhiya, Raam, Tyrant, Demna and Fairess, they're arguably better than the "average" player abroad. Hell, even you and Snack if you guys put your heart into it. You're not gonna get any amazing players that play on a godly level any time soon because the scene is still really young. It's barely been a year since we've started getting active. As more tournaments start happening, players skill will increase as well. We have potential and a lot of room for growth, but it'll take years until we may get something thats a threat on a global level.
I'm already in the FB group, and it'd be great if you could get me into the Whatsapp group too (private message for details?). Though thank's for the names of people I can hunt down xD I'm also really excited with the possibility of participating in this growing community, as I've played the game for a LONG time but it finally feels 'epic' to do so.

All of the people you named are average at most, pls
After playing abroad (the UK, more specifically), from what I've seen all those mentioned are actually quite good compared to the players in smaller local scenes. But, I do get what you mean, and agree that they'd most likely comprise the bottom 50% in the more hardcore communities such as in London (check out Professor Pro, I'm proud to have gotten a total of 120% on him in the whole set). However, that's not the average community, but rather one that competes with the best of the US and the rest of Europe.

So I guess these players are quite average, I would neither say "at most" nor "arguably better". In any case, I didn't mean to start a debate or what not, sorry for the commotion. And, back to the topic lol, I hope the tourney goes well and that I can see you all in the next one.

On a side note: I should stop quoting and start tagging :/

Last edited:

Amentlegen64

Smash Rookie
Can I best player middul est cuz I r gud butt I cent kompeete since finalz n stuff kailezx ur a gud averige playa butt u needz pashon n cometement 2 be best, tbh I can be best ME player if I train daily, but I now focus more on melee than 4 since smash 4 is too slow for me, also kan i plz b best juggypoof pleyr in ME cuz out of al ME plyrs onle 1/100 r jigglypoof plyrs so I have that, so am I good? I have 0/0 win/lose ratio.

-Best jigglypuff player bahrain Mentlegen

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
Umm, @ Amentlegen64 Amentlegen64 , is that kind of like a TL;DR of the whole convo so far + a bit of your own personal anecdote? Cuz if so, well put-together

Amentlegen64

Smash Rookie
Well here is the problem, the bahraini community base is a closet base, which means no one knows each other or know how to contact each other (I really hope that what I said matches what closet means.) It would be extremely hard to make the smash scene active since the only time I actually saw activity was in the Animania Bahrain 2015 convention, where there was both smash 4 and melee tourney (Melee tourney was terrible, I didn't even play my first match.) The smaller tourney (melee) had 64 players, which made me know that many people DO play in Bahrain. I don't know how to get the smash scene active in anyway, sorry.

-Le Best Average Jigglymainer Amentlegen64 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Amentlegen64

Smash Rookie
Oh yea, I'd love to help make Bahrain have a competitive smash scene, so anyway I can help do that? I am terrible at making plans.

- Le desu Purin-san-chan-tan-pan-kabam-blam

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Dang. Would go but I'm stuck in Ireland until the 16th.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
If Kleenex wins this, I'm never going to hear the end of it... but then again, someone (that never lets me "violate their personal space") promised to hug me if he gets top 4.
... I hope he gets 4th. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚✧

Also, the pessimism in this thread is real.

Amentlegen64

Smash Rookie
If Kleenex wins this, I'm never going to hear the end of it... but then again, someone (that never lets me "violate their personal space") promised to hug me if he gets top 4.
... I hope he gets 4th. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚✧

Also, the pessimism in this thread is real.

Snack plz don't SD again I swear that was humiliating. AND YOU WERE WINNING FFS OMG HOW COULD YOU DO THAT ;-;.
Oh yea u gud pleyr 2. Plz no more SDs plz. I beg.

Alsallat

Smash Rookie
Wow just missed it -_- any upcoming tournaments in Qatar or a place I can go to play some friendlies ?

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
Wow just missed it -_- any upcoming tournaments in Qatar or a place I can go to play some friendlies ?
The Gaming Lounge hosts bi-weeklies, they're not the greatest but they're something. We have a Whatsapp group where people occasionally get together and play friendlies and what have you. You can always drop down by Ezdan tomorrow to play some friendlies. Hit me up on inbox if you wanna be added to the Smash Bros Qatar Whatsapp group!

Top Bottom