• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 28, 2014] Water Temple ft. Xzax/Big D/More! - Reg. Online! $200... (Los Angeles, California)

D

Deleted member

Register through the new forms!
Registration ends on June 25!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fvKdzTOQMLpctno43s1ah1FlWnUGVeemp6iLQg90SHQ/viewform?usp=send_form

More info coming soon!

If you guys want to set up a booth or something selling controllers, artwork, or any merchandise, contact me or Roy Pearl via PM!

Prices:
Door Fee (must pay in order to enter the tournament area!): $10
Brawl 1v1: $10
Brawl 2v2: $10 per team ($5 per person)
LATE FEE: $10
(We will be HEAVILY ENFORCING THIS. DO NOT BE LATE OR YOU WILL PAY THIS!)

Discounts:
$5 off venue fee if you bring a FULL SETUP (tv+wii) and we use it.

***We will be running 8 Bracket Pools where top 4 make it out. Those who make it out of pools will be entered into pro bracket for free. If you do not make it out of pools, there will be an amateur bracket offered FOR FREE with a PAYOUT for those interested.***

Schedule (STRICT)
It's recommended to show up at least 30 mins before the event you want to enter. Please show up on time! If you are going to be late, text me at (818) 876 2090 and tell me your gamertag and how late you will be. I won't wait forever though, so get here on time if you want to be in the bracket! THAT MEANS YOU ERIC LEGACY! There is a late fee if you do show up late.

11:00 AM: Venue opens for friendlies, doubles and pools begin shortly. Pay at the front desk and give your name and gamertag to make sure you actually registered online
12:30 PM: Registration for doubles ends
1:00 PM: Singles Pools
2:30 PM: Doubles/AM Bracket begins as pools come to a close
4:00 PM: Pro Bracket Begins

Payouts

Singles Pro Bracket Payout:
1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
**If there are less than 60 entrants payout will be to top 6.**

Doubles Payout
1st: 58% of pot
2nd: 28% of pot
3rd: 9% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Amateur Bracket
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Stream: TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Brawl Rules:

Bring your own controller.

Settings:
3 stocks
8 minute timer
Items set to off and none
Team Attack On
Pause Off*
No aesthetic hacks*

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Gameplay:
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.
•All other sets are best of three.
•Timeout victories are determined by stock count, ledge grab limit (50 for every character except Metaknight, who has 35 ledge grabs), percent.
•Double Meta Knight is banned in teams.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is banned (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, stalling under the stage, etc.).

Conduct:
•Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
•Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
•Coaching is allowed only between games.
•Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
•Wii Remote must have batteries removed when not playing.

All other inquiries and issues are determined at the discretion of the TO. Failure to adhere to rules will lead to punishment at the TO's choosing, which could include the removal from the venue.

First game procedure:*
-Players determine who chooses port and who chooses stage strike order, if necessary by coin flip (or other method agreed to by players)
-Players choose port, alternating between teams in doubles.
-Players strike stages in alternating order:
1 strike - 2 strikes - 1 strike

After each game:*
-Players may counter pick the next stage and controller port after a game loss.
-Players may strike the last stage they lost on during their opponents counter pick.
-Players may (additionally) strike another stage during their opponents counter pick.

In the event of a tie, a 1 stock 3 minute lgl 10 match will be played to determine the winner.

*per request by player

D

Deleted member

Reserved for flyer.

EDIT: Some pics of the venue

D

Deleted member

Sorry for creating another thread, forgot I made this lol.

D

Deleted member

Remember to register guys! Also, Amateur bracket is now FREE and has a PAYOUT! Don't worry if you don't make it out of pools, you will have a bunch of chances to play! That said, intentionally losing or bracket manipulation of any kind will not be tolarated. If i catch you entering AM bracket on purpose in hopes of making guaranteed money, you won't be entered or given a refund. *only applies to top /high level players.*

D

Deleted member

Just a friendly reminder to register on the google docs form!

D

Deleted member

Added a $200 pot bonus! Definately dont wanna miss this!

D

Deleted member

UPDATE! FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T REGISTERED YET, THERES A NEW AND EASIER WAY OF REGISTERING.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fvKdzTOQMLpctno43s1ah1FlWnUGVeemp6iLQg90SHQ/viewform?usp=send_form

Just fill out the form and you're set. For everyone who already registered, you DO NOT need to register again. I've added you onto the chart. However, if you need to make any edits just let me know your tag and the edits. You can view the chart of attendees here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao6CM20ROq4odFEzSUZYWUo4MUtrdnNQajZLNnNraVE#gid=0

If i've made any mistakes, do not hesitate to let me know!

D

Deleted member

Hope you can! :) Make sure to register if you know you're coming!

D

Deleted member

That was a huge help you have no idea. Seriously, i thank you so much for that!

D

Deleted member

Alright, since the event is drawing closer, I'm finalizing the side event as Project M. That said, I have every intention of keeping it as exactly such: A SIDE EVENT. You may come for PM only if you want, but we can't guarantee PM doubles unless theres extra time.

If you already signed up and didn't register for PM, don't worry. You can sign up at the venue. I will most likely do PM at 12:30. If you just want to sign up for PM, go ahead and fill out the form below. If you have signed up for PM and don't want to anymore, just let me know and I'll remove it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fvKdzTOQMLpctno43s1ah1FlWnUGVeemp6iLQg90SHQ/viewform

You can view the attendees here!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao6CM20ROq4odFEzSUZYWUo4MUtrdnNQajZLNnNraVE#gid=0

Strawberrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Captainfalconcru
one more question. Do you know what time the tournament will be over? I won't be able to stay that long.

D

Deleted member

Not sure, maybe 8 or 9 if your really far into the bracket.

Strawberrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Captainfalconcru
okay (95% sure i wont go far into bracket lol). I leave around 6ish, 7ish. Zan I dare you to get 1st place no sweat :D

Top Bottom