• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Jun 27, 2014] CEO 2014 Fighting Game Championships (Orlando, FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Work in Progress And More Information to Come.

CEO 2014 is partnering up with the Local Smash Community known as Gaming Knights from CEO. They just helped run and organize Melee at the last Local CEO event with 97 Entrants! At CEO 2014 we will be hosting Both Melee and Project M

Here's important details for now until things get fully updated with more information.

Registration to begin on March 1st on www.ceogaming.org
You Can book the Hotel Rooms at CEO 2014 here www.ceogaming.org/location
Official Facebook Event Page here https://www.facebook.com/events/210361569113308/?fref=ts
List of Other Fighting Games included at CEO 2014 listed here http://ceogaming.org/rules

Pricing To give everyone a heads up.

Early bird from March 1st until April 1st is only $30

Regular Reg goes up to $40 on April 1st, $45 In the middle of June during the last week of Pre-Reg and it's a Stirct $50 Venue if you wait until the Friday of to register at CEO on June 27th. Games are $10 per game for Singles,

Teams TBD and signups would happen at the event.

Pre-regging saves you money and time. Spectator Badges are TBD But usually around $20 for the whole weekend.

CEO 2014 Will have 2 Major Ballrooms,

As of now, Smash Melee and Project M will be in its own entire Ballroom which is 6,000 sq ft and fits nearly 500 people. If Somehow Smash has a Huge Turnout that exceeds the smaller ballroom changes will be made to accommodate.

Finals will be inside the Main Ring.

Smash Stream Provided by:

Last edited:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'll be here with that A Quality Stream

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Fair chance I might actually make it to this. Pretty hype.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Very hype event, you should make it out anyway even as a spectator. It's one of the biggest videogame tournaments in the nation

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Very hype event, you should make it out anyway even as a spectator. It's one of the biggest videogame tournaments in the nation
Maybe. I just don't like driving places if I don't plan on doing anything. I mean I play P:M some, but I'm pretty bad at it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Maybe. I just don't like driving places if I don't plan on doing anything. I mean I play P:M some, but I'm pretty bad at it.
I could possibly go 0-2 in AE, so I might as well not play anything either lol. It'll still be fun though

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
No caps. But the more ridiculous attendance numbers are, the stricter bracket runners are going to be about being at your pool on time or risk DQ

SheerMadness

Smash Master
What day/days are melee? All 3 days or just Saturday and Sunday?

I looked on the schedule but it didn't specify...

Kazu

Smash Rookie
So how big is CEO expected to be for Smash? In terms of attendants and big name players. I know the FL scene has a bunch of players and big name players that will go, so I'm more referring to out-of-state players.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
So how big is CEO expected to be for Smash? In terms of attendants and big name players. I know the FL scene has a bunch of players and big name players that will go, so I'm more referring to out-of-state players.
It'll be pretty huge. The smaller CEO events that bring in just Orlando players get about 100 or so. And that's just for Melee.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Awesome. I had already signed up and everything so I was just curious. Are there any confirmed players from other regions so far?
Many, actually. You can expect players from Georgia, the Carolinas, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, and even some players from California have expressed interest. CEO 2014 is a tournament that you aren't going to want to miss.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
think im going i just dont know how yet

flights look to be around $250 which isn't too bad

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
NWFL vs NFL vs CFL vs SFL crews.
Nah but I really hope many out of region players make it down to Orlando cause I know the south region will be there in full force.I Feel like everyone is more hyped about the WC majors.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Last smaller CEO tourney just finished, and this one in June is the next one

This past weekend had 105 for Melee, and 72 for PM. And that's just a local. June CEO is gonna be insane, plus the winner gets a championship belt :laugh:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Last smaller CEO tourney just finished, and this one in June is the next one

This past weekend had 105 for Melee, and 72 for PM. And that's just a local. June CEO is gonna be insane, plus the winner gets a championship belt :laugh:
damn
we're gonna shatter last year's 100+ tournament total before MLG at this rate

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I think I may go to spectate and play casuals. And hopefully, people bring their 3DSes for Streetpass. I wanna complete several puzzle panels.

Jacksonville please come. We get to have our a little space sectioned off to play friendlies as well as play other people from other states who are spectating. It's a win-win-win-win even if you don't play Melee or Project M.

And most importantly, because I'll be there :)

Last edited:

Revven

FrankerZ
Just a heads up, teams will also be here -- they're going to be on Friday for both PM and Melee. If that was something you wanted to hear to confirm your attendance, go sign up now!

Last edited:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone housing for CEO? I'm probably bringing a carpool of 4, and all we would need is carpet, a roof, and smash. If you need compensation, we would certainly oblige. If anyone knows anyone who is willing or is willing to give us this courtesy, it would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom