• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 26, 2015] CEO 2015 Fighting Game Championships (Orlando, Florida)

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
More info to come soon.

CEO Returns for its 6th year with more space than ever. Over 40,000 Sq Ft of Gaming/Vendor and Artist Alley Space!
Smash for WiiU and Melee will be hosted again by the UCF Gaming Knights and Alex aka Raging Cherry)

Schedule for this year is shaping up to look like this:
Friday starting at Noon will be doubles all day for Melee and Smash WiiU and must finish before closing time around 11 pm. Signups for doubles will be taken at the venue itself Friday morning until start time.

Saturday Morning Singles pools will begin at 9 am and go throughout the day.You must register online to be properly seeded by location, Any emergency registrations will be thrown into the first available byes on the pre-made brackets.

Sunday as it stands only has room for one Smash finals in the main ballroom, the other will be Saturday evening in the Smash Ballroom(This year your room is now 10,000 sq ft, nearly double the size of last year's Smash room!) around 9 pm. I will keep everyone posted on how the final schedule shapes up closer to the event.

Registration is LIVE: www.ceogaming.org/register
Official 2015 Game List: www.ceogaming.org/rules
Tentative 2015 Schedule: www.ceogaming.org/schedule
Book your CEO 2015 Hotel Room: www.ceogaming.org/location

For Now everything you need to know is here on the official event page:

www.tinyurl.com/joinceo2015

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Best run tournament I was at last year easily. Would recommend this to everyone. Also, its in Orlando, one of the sweetest places in the country. If you can't find other things to do if you decide to stay in town longer, you are doing it very wrong. I spent a week last year and basically made a vacation out of this trip :)

Last edited:

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Best run tournament I was at last year easily. Would recommend this to everyone. Also, its in Orlando, one of the sweetest places in the country. If you can't find other things to do if you decide to stay in town longer, you are doing it very wrong. I spent a week last year and basically made a vacation out of this trip :)
Wait until you guys see this year, All the construction is done. You now have a WaWa on the property of the hotel(My fav Gas station that has great food and service as well). Also within a few minutes walking is the new Orlando EYE entertainment complex with the 2nd largest Ferris Wheel in the world. The area is easily the best venue in the history of Gaming events in my venue now.

Also don't forget I've gotten 10% off discounts with your CEO Badge at Red Robin and Popeye's right next to the venue :).

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wait until you guys see this year, All the construction is done. You now have a WaWa on the property of the hotel(My fav Gas station that has great food and service as well). Also within a few minutes walking is the new Orlando EYE entertainment complex with the 2nd largest Ferris Wheel in the world. The area is easily the best venue in the history of Gaming events in my venue now.

Also don't forget I've gotten 10% off discounts with your CEO Badge at Red Robin and Popeye's right next to the venue :).
I was hyped before you made those announcements, then you posted these things on Facebook.
Now it's going to be the best tournament AND food event ever.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
No main event for PM. But I am sure Jebailey would let us run a side event for it. Provided it does not interfere with the main events.

IdkLmao

Banned via Warnings
40 dollars for registration? Why? The initial impression I get from this makes me feel like its way too much. All i'm doing for 40 dollars is essentially spending a few minutes or seconds quickly typing in a few short lines of info. And then clicking a button. Tournament registration from what I understand is almost never this expensive.

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to sound sassy here. I just don't know the inner workings going on to give us the price and I think its healthy to ask why.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
40 dollars for registration? Why? The initial impression I get from this makes me feel like its way too much. All i'm doing for 40 dollars is essentially spending a few minutes or seconds quickly typing in a few short lines of info. And then clicking a button. Tournament registration from what I understand is almost never this expensive.

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to sound sassy here. I just don't know the inner workings going on to give us the price and I think its healthy to ask why.
Door fees to large tournaments are generally pricey... CEO is also the best grassroots event, period.
Look up other National events like Apex and EVO, they also have expensive door fees.
That and the badge gives you 10% off Popeyes and Red Robin.

DiscoingGD

Smash Rookie
This sounds pretty fun and Orlando is only 2 hours from my house. I've never been to a big event before, so I may have to take the journey. Does the $40 get you in all weekend? Oh, and does that include the badge?

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
You guys definitely don't want to miss this event. We've got over 300+ for Both Melee and Smash 4. www.tinyurl.com/ceo2015list

As for it seeming pricey, if you attend the event and see the quality of the venue, the 40,000sq ft of space, casual games, arcade area, Quality Badges, Lanyards, Tote Bags you get with every registration. Smash dedicated Ballroom that fits up to 1,000 people, You'll understand why.

Thanks to everyone coming out.

Don't forget about the Top 8 Pot bonuses of 1k to both games and a $500 Bounty on Zero in Smash 4.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Looks like I should be coming to this event for Smash 4 and Ultra if I can work out a couple details. I'm asking in a number of places, but I figure it couldn't hurt to post here, too:

I plan on flying to Orlando, and I already have a ride to the venue on Friday morning, but I need a ride from the venue to the airport at some point. Available flights would allow me to leave either on Sunday night (~9 PM) or Monday morning (~9 AM), whenever it's preferred for you.

I'm also looking for housing while I'm there (Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday depending on when my flight back is). If it's hotel space, I will pay for my split, of course. I'm pretty good company, I hear.

EDIT: I got things figured out. :)

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

I don't know what you're used to, but a $40 venue fee is very cheap for a three-day gaming convention like this, especially one that's well-organized like CEO is.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Right now Smash 4 is over 430 entrants, and Melee is at like 380. Get hype!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I was close to being able to go, but can't get off of work due to a recent reorganization we just went through. Good luck and have fun to everyone attending!

acekingoffsuit

Smash Rookie

Late to the party, but I wanted to clear this up.

The registration fee is often called the venue fee. It's intended to cover the costs of not just the registration itself, but everything that goes into the tournament. Renting the venue, renting the equipment needed for the stages, paying for staff hotels, renting the consoles, paying the streamers, and basically anything and everything that has to be paid for or bought to run the event.

The reason registration/venue fees increase as the event gets closer is that it's much easier to plan all of these things out if you know what to plan for, and they want as many people to sign up early as possible. For example, Smash 4 is at 460 registrants right now. This gives you an idea of how many people will show up and you can plan accordingly. If 200 of those people showed up at the door instead of preregistering, then the TO would expect to run a 300-player tournament instead of a 500-player tournament and would have to acquire additional equipment last-minute, which could be very expensive. Also it ensures that you can allocate resources to ensure the tournament runs well.

ChemX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mychemmeghan
Right now Smash 4 is over 430 entrants, and Melee is at like 380. Get hype!
Smash is now at 502 entrants, just to give an update.
Smash 4 gets capped at 512 people!

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerAbram

Smash Rookie
NNID
PkmnTrainerAbram
3DS FC
0044-4173-2062
Oh I wish I found out about CEO sooner. We go to Megacon in Orlando every year and I wouldn't mind adding this to my yearly family vacation plans either. Good luck to everyone going.

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I'm suuuuper disappointed that I can't attend CEO this year. I live about 30 minutes from the venue. Oh well, at least I get to go to Evo.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Aight I'm SUPER confused so can someone give me the times (preferably in GMT) for when Melee singles/top 32, and Sm4sh singles/top 32 will start?

Joe Shmo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferris123
Leffen and Plup have a good chance of playing in winners quarters. I hope plup has been practicing his samus because I think she has a better chance of beating Leffen's fox than his shiek does.

Top Bottom