• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Jun 20, 2015] The Oregon SHFFL (Feat. Mew2king, Bladewise, Eggz, Fat... (Eugene, OR)

Bearedman8

Smash Cadet

https://www.facebook.com/events/665143060283902/

From the tournament organizers that have brought you the Fight or Flight series in partnership with CACAW! and the founders of Smashnest comes the first installment of a biannual regional smash tournament located in Eugene, Oregon.

This tournament is hosted in a 5,000 square ft. room that is capable of seating over 350 unique smashers. The venue is fitted with a full PA system, projectors to display the tournament stream and brackets, a stage for stream matches to be played on, and chairs/tables for everyone.

THERE IS NO VENUE OR REGISTRATION FEE!

Event list/entry fee:
MELEE SINGLES, $10
MELEE DOUBLES, $10
SMASH 4 SINGLES, $5
SMASH 4 DOUBLES, $5
PROJECT M SINGLES, $5

Precise schedule of events TBA.

Prize Money will be given out to the victors of each bracket with a 60/30/10 distribution, with additional funds paying out to either 5th or 7th place depending on the size of the bracket.

Per UO policy, UO students who are unable to pay the $5 entry fee for the brackets but would like to enter should contact one of the TOs prior to the event.

Rulesets:
http://bombch.us/BBcN

Stream:
Twitch.tv/zodiacsmash

PLEASE BRING SET-UPS:
We are not charging a venue fee and are expecting this to be a large tournament, so please bring as many set-ups as you are able to. There will be a sufficient number of outlets, tables, and chairs in the room to accommodate everything. Please help make this a great tournament by bringing whatever you are able to!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/uosmash

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There have never been tournament conflicts in Oregon in the past; T.O.s have always been able to work together to keep big events well-timed and attendees well-informed. There's no reason this tournament should be scheduled for June 20th when another event in the same city has already been worked out for that day.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Regarding the schedule conflict
On May 25th I sent a PM regarding the scheduling issue, got this in response:

Hey Tommy, it looks like you're right. I was just about to post the event page to Smashboards when I saw your message... There are some days in July when the venue is free, but it's closed/booked basically all of August and absolutely all of September.
After I said the venue I helped get was already settled and online ticket sales were already live for the date:

I'll talk to the other TOs for this event to see if they can think of any solutions, but I'm not confident that a date change will be the best one.
Event was then posted:
May 26, 2015

About one month after Road to Glory 3 posted :
Apr 27, 2015

Two big events in the same city scheduled on the same day - definitely one for the Smash history books.

Top Bottom