• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Jun 20, 2015] The Official TGC event #3! feat. Lucas/Wario/Ike Challenge! (Houston, Tx)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt.jpg

Welcome to the official Texas Gaming Championships event #3! TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players from around Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the supreme champion. All TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Killer Instinct, BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area, social gaming atmosphere and much more as we expand into other ventures. So come check out TGC, make some new friends and see some of high level players compete in tournaments in some of your favorite games!

June 20th, 2015. Please be at the venue by 10:00am for set-up, registration, check-in and warm ups. Registration for each game will end 10min before each event start time. There will be absolutely no admittance into any event after the event starts. We have the venue for about 15 hours and these events may run until the 15th hour so please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for the entire day.

Le Jardin Events
17103 Bamwood Road, Houston, TX 77090
(281) 580-2547

http://lejardinevents.com/

Though you are allowed to show up when the doors open, registration/practice for each event will end 10 minutes before that event starts.

Registration/Check-in/Practice for Smash 4 @ 10:00am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 12:00pm
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food Break @ 5:00pm
Leave The Venue @ 1:00am

NOTE 1: For all other game times, please go here.

NOTE 2: In order to provide a smooth tournament experience for all attendees, no one is allowed to enter more than 3 games in total.

Venue Fee = $10
You can pay the venue fee here.
All players/spectators must pay a venue fee. If paid online, please bring a printed receipt or show us the receipt on your phone when you check-in. If you are going to pay in person or check-in, please be at the venue early because there will be long lines.

Smash WiiU 1vs1= $10
After paying your venue fee online or at the door, you will be able to purchase your 1vs1 pass at the door as well.

Smash WiiU 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
All 2vs2 passes will be paid for in person at the venue. Please be at the venue with your partner early to check-in/register because lines will be long.

For all other game prices, please go here

NOTE: There will be no refunds. If you have any questions, please make a post here or contact me personally.

Smash 4 1vs1 (less than 128 entrants)

1st=50%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th=2.5%
5th=2.5%

Smash 4 1vs1 (more than 128 players)

1st=45%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th=3%
5th=3%
8th=2%
8th=2%

Smash 4 2vs2

1st=55%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

For all other games see this link for payouts

The official rules for Smash 4 can be found here. There have been massive changes to rule-set so please click the link and read them. Remember, all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back. You are responsible for knowing all the rules.

TGC has a strict policy of ZERO friendlies and ZERO money matches once the tournament starts unless we have 20 or more full setups. A full setup is a WiiU/TV/Smash 4 or Mario kart 8. The first 10 players who bring a full setup will see half of their paid venue fee ($5) returned to them. The first 5 players who bring 2 full set-ups will have their venue fee 100% refunded. Anyone else who brings a full setup will receive a drink coupon and/or other compensation. If you cannot bring a full setup, please bring what equipment you can. We can use everything Remember, the speed of any event is totally dependent on how much equipment is available.

www.hotels.com is a great source for finding cheap to expensive hotels. Just type in the zip code of the venue and it will find you all the hotels within 50miles of the tournament.

If you dislike spending money on hotels, www.couchsurfing.com is an alternative way of finding housing. You might make new friends along the way!

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to post in this thread to see if fellow players are housing for free.

"Official TGC event #3" Facebook Event page can be found here.

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on Smashboards at the official Houston Thread.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please post here in this thread or contact me through private message here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or through Facebook (Allan Sims)

Lucas has joined Smash 4! He will be available as DLC sometime in June 2015 for purchase! If he is released BEFORE TGC 3, he will be legal for TGC 3. If he is released AFTER TGC 3 then he will be legal at TGC 4.

Furthermore, i have created the "Lucas/Wario/Ike Challenge!" The Lucas/Wario/Ike Challenge is super simple. All you have to do is make top 5 in TGC 3's 1vs1 event using ONLY Lucas or ONLY Wario or ONLY Ike throughout the tournament. Whoever does this will receive $50 from me personally as well as get free entry in ALL events for the next TGC event he or she chooses to enter. At TGC 2 Trela took the Mewtwo Challenge and got 2nd place going 100% Mewtwo!

Edit: If for some reason Lucas is NOT released before TGC 2, the challenge will then apply to only Wario and Ike.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hooray, this will be fun.

Xyro77

*listen to this while you read*

TRELA! I AM SICK OF YOUR SH**, YOU PRE-PUBESCENT LOOKIN, REFRIED BEAN SMELLIN', JOHN DEER TRACTOR DRIVIN' BUFFALO WILD WING SUCKIN NERD HERD!

Week after week and month after month you have been devouring my children at will.

My new gens. My old gens. No matter who they are they all fall one by one and are carried off by the MiiSwordBich to the pits of hell to be eaten alive.

There is only ONE person can put a stop to this monster.......

The legendary hero who erased MetaKnight from existence in TX during the the Brawl days to save his children from death.

The legendary elite warrior who brought his character to a level of skill no mortal ever could. He did this so he could defend his children.

The legendary Bad@$$ who walks away victorious each time without fail. Not because he wants to...because he has to.

And so it appears i am needed once more.....

TRELA, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A
$50 MONEY MATCH AT TGC 3. TGC rules/3 out of 5 set with MiiSword vs The Green Lesbian.

Streamed or recorded, i don't care. The entire room will watch in awe as an ancient gen OBLITERATES a fraud.

The path of death and destruction that follows you will finally come to an end on June 20th. My name is Xyro. You killed my children. Prepare to die!

Last edited:

lilnest

Smash Rookie

TRELA! I AM SICK OF YOUR SH**, YOU PRE-PUBESCENT LOOKIN, REFRIED BEAN SMELLIN', JOHN DEER TRACTOR DRIVIN' BUFFALO WILD WING SUCKIN NERD HERD!

Week after week and month after month you have been devouring my children at will.

My new gens. My old gens. No matter who they are they all fall one by one and are carried off by the MiiSwordBich to the pits of hell to be eaten alive.

The legendary hero who erased MetaKnight from existence in TX during the the Brawl days to save his children from death.

The legendary elite warrior who brought his character to a level of skill no mortal ever could. He did this so he could defend his children.

The legendary Bad@$$ who walks away victorious each time without fail. Not because he wants to...because he has to.

$50 MONEY MATCH AT TGC 3. TGC rules/3 out of 5 set with MiiSword vs The Green Lesbian.

Streamed or recorded, i don't care. The entire room will watch in awe as an ancient gen OBLITERATES a fraud.

The path of death and destruction that follows you will finally come to an end on June 20th. My name is Xyro. You killed my children. Prepare to die!

God damn, xyro, you have too much time on your hands sometimes...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I WILL ATTEND TO WITNESS THE LEGENDARY BAD@$$ WHO WALKS AWAY VICTORIOUS EACH TIME WITHOUT FAIL

Xyro77

I had someone message me earlier with a bit of confusion regarding the Ike/Wario/Lucas.

ALL characters are legal at TGC 3. However, if you reach the required placing with Lucas/Ike/Wario you will get 50$ from me. It's a bonus.

Edit: we really need setups (wiiu+smash4+tv+adapter) for TGC3. It will help everybody play more matches and speed up the tournament.

Last edited:

Onion10

Smash Rookie

You better win, old man! I'm betting $10 on you! Also, I challenge you to another $5 money match! ONIONS>POOP

Last edited:

Onion10

Smash Rookie
If you really want to defend your children, main Diddy. Or some other character that isn't low tier. Think about all of the slaughtered new gens! Main Diddy, old man. You have to make sacrifices in order to protect your children.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Diddy is no longer relevant. It's either Swordfighter or go home.

Xyro77

Attention all Houston area smashers! I have a few announcements, updates, questions for everybody. Please read this because it's a lot of important info.

1. TGC 3 is 19 days away aka June 20. All rules and info about the event can be found here: www.smashboards.com/threads/jun-20-2015-the-official-tgc-event-3-feat-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642 there is also a character challenge. If you place top 5 with ONLY Lucas or ONLY Wario or ONLY Ike, I will personally hand you 50$.

2. For those of you that have it, are you enjoying Splatoon? I REALLY like the game so far. Extremely bright/happy/unique 3rd person party shooter with great level design. Been playing single player and offline multiplayer with the GF (casual+new gen). She really enjoys Splatoon and is picking it up surprisingly fast. No matter how many times I splatter my ink on her face she wants to go again. Knowing this fact, it lead me to a question....How would you guys/girls feel about me adding a Splatoon 1vs1 offline side event at TGC? It's a simple 5min balloon battle with all stages and all weapons available. You get points for popping balloon and you lose points for getting killed. Covering turf meaning nothing. The Winner is determined by who has the most points at the end of the timer. The Splatoon side event would be a 5$ entry, 1 game, double elimination thing. I'd only allow 2-3 set-ups for the event unless smash 4 turnout is low. I am open to any suggestions in terms of Splatoon. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below.

InkSho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minamimot0

don't matter cuz megafox is gunna walk out with the pot anyways

and yeah ill be there

jorge565

Smash Rookie
Whats the ruling on the wireless controller ban? Does that include everything including pro controllers?
Also if we just show up the day of, are we still guarantees a spot or do we have to buy a ticket beforehand?

Last edited:

Rukir

Smash Cadet
NNID
rory10
[if that comment section up there has two of my posts im sorry, not trying to spam]
...And uh, what exactly is 50%? If we win, do we only get 5 dollars [assuming you're in 1v1]?
Because my mom would get throw a huge hissy fit if you win half the money you spent, lol.

Xyro77

Whats the ruling on the wireless controller ban? Does that include everything including pro controllers?
Also if we just show up the day of, are we still guarantees a spot or do we have to buy a ticket beforehand?
You can pay for venue as well as 1vs1 or 2vs2 at the door. You do not have to do this online.

[if that comment section up there has two of my posts im sorry, not trying to spam]
...And uh, what exactly is 50%? If we win, do we only get 5 dollars [assuming you're in 1v1]?
Because my mom would get throw a huge hissy fit if you win half the money you spent, lol.
Are you talking about payouts for 1vs1 and 2vs2? If so.....

Let's say 100 people enter 1vs1. Each of the 100 players must pay 10$. That is $1000, right?

If 1st place gets 50% that means he gets $500 dollars. See what I mean?

Rukir

Smash Cadet
NNID
rory10
You can pay for venue as well as 1vs1 or 2vs2 at the door. You do not have to do this online.

Are you talking about payouts for 1vs1 and 2vs2? If so.....

Let's say 100 people enter 1vs1. Each of the 100 players must pay 10$. That is $1000, right?

If 1st place gets 50% that means he gets $500 dollars. See what I mean?

Oh my. That is a lot of money. Yes, I get it, thank you!

Xyro77

After today's events, Ryu (street fighter) and Roy (fire emblem) have been confirmed to be in Smash 4. We don't know if they will be available to buy before TGC 3. If they ARE available before TGC 3, this will mean that both characters are legal.

Also, DreamLand 64 was confirmed to be in smash 4 too. Again, if it's available before TGC 3 it will be legal. MiiVerse stage is legal at TGC 3 as well.

I will update the rules with more info after tomorrow's SmashBros direct.

Xyro77

Hey, everybody! Xyro here.

Texas largest tournament series (TGC 3) is only 7 days away (June 20th). I need to cover a few super important things in this post so please read everything.

1. Have you seen the Smash 4 character/stage leaks? Roy (fire emblem) and Ryu (street fighter) are confirmed to be playable characters in Smash 4. The stage DreamLand 64, Ryu's stage and Miiverse stage will also be playable in Smash 4. A patch comes out tomorrow to enable all of these features to be played. Some free DLC (miiverse stage) and some is paid DLC (lucas/roy/ryu) will be ready for download. If these characters and stages are available BEFORE TGC 3 (next Saturday) then they will ALL be legal at the event.

2. Full Set-ups (wiiu+tv+ssb4+adapter). As always, TGC 3 will need as many full set-ups as possible in order to run smoothly. If you bring a full set-up, you will get half your venue fee back and/or get free drinks from ABK. Also, If Roy/Lucas/Ryu/new stages are available before TGC 3, it is expected you have as much of that DLC as possible. It is NOT REQUIRED but highly recommended. The ONLY thing that IS required is that your WiiU MUST have the most recent update. These balancing patches are mega important to have.

3. Please be at the venue by 10am for sign-ups, checkin, practice and setting up. I will be there at 9am so if you would like to be there THAT early you can. We can practice together or talk or whatever you want.

4. There is an Ike/Wario/Lucas challenge at TGC 3. If any player reaches top 5 and he/she went ONLY Wario or ONLY Lucas or ONLY Ike.....he/she will receive 50$ from me on top of whatever you make from the pot. I do these challenges at alll TGC events to promote/reward character usage.

5. I will be challenging Trela's MiiSword to a $50MM vs my Samus. I have never lost to Trela in a Smash 4 tournament or MM. I will win.

6. For more info on TGC 3 (rules, times, prices and more) please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642/ If you have any questions, PLEASE message me, tag me or something. I will help you in any way i can.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Looking forward to what comes from this. Can't make it due to work, and I'm definitely tempted to get a wiiu now.

I'll bet money that not one person from Tyler will show up, ****ing newgens

Xyro77

The rules have been updated to reflect the new DLC stages and characters released a few days ago. Please read the rules here (or on the first p0st)and please post or message me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Rukir

Smash Cadet
NNID
rory10
I am very sad, because it has gone from definite yes to 90% no. :( I might not be able to show up. :(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Are people able to still order their venue online by the time it's Friday, or no.
I might go to this tournament last minute depending how tomorrow goes for me.

Token Link

Smash Rookie

This is gonna be hype! I wanna challenge Trela too, but hopefully that'll be settled in the tournament. >:)

Xyro77

Are people able to still order their venue online by the time it's Friday, or no.
I might go to this tournament last minute depending how tomorrow goes for me.
You can do everything in person. It says it on the first post.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You forgot to add, get yo Yoshi butt there early so you don't waste time waiting in line.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just remind people to review it. Don't trust them, then look yourself. Or be like me and give zero ****s.

Xyro77

MY FRIENDS, THE TIME HAS COME! The largest Smash 4 event in Texas, TGC 3, is tomorrow (6/20/2015 aka Saturday)! Please read this post for last minute info and instructions. Very important stuff.

1. I will be at the TGC venue around 9am. If you wish to be there by 9am to set-up/register/check-in/practice or chat with the LEGENDARY Xyro, please feel free. 2vs2 starts at 12pm and singles will start at 2pm. The registration/check-in lines will be long (TGC events always get 100 or more players) so the earlier you are the better things will be. Once an event starts, you will NOT be allowed to enter. I will NOT hold a spot for you. Leave your house EARLY.

2. Please please please bring a full set-up (WiiU/Tv/Ssb4) to TGC 3. The more set-ups we have the faster this event will end and the more time you will have for friendlies/MMs …etc. If you bring a full set-up you will get half of your venue fee back and/or free soda/water/energy drink. If you cannot bring a full set-up I beg you to bring anything you can. All equipment will help TGC be a better experience.

3. Though not required, bringing $5 or 10$ bills will help me out tremendously. So if you can, please bring 5s or 10s. I accept all bills though.

4. Make sure you have all the DLC (mewtwo/ryu/roy/dreamland 64/suzuka castle/miiverse) and the latest patch (1.0.8) for Smash 4. The DLC characters/stages are not REQUIRED to be on your WiiU but they are HIGHLY recommended. The patch MUST be downloaded no matter what. We would like everybody to be on the same page.

5. There is an Ike/Lucas/Wario challenge at TGC 3. If a player reaches top 5 and ONLY uses 1 of the 3 characters (Lucas/Ike/Wario) the entire tournament, I will personally hand you $50 on top of what you will make for reaching top 5.
6. Please be familiar with the rules of Smash 4 for TGC 3. The rules, events, fees, food menu and everything else you would like to know can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642/

7. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on Smashboards (Xyro77) or Twitter (Xyro77) or FaceBook (Allan Xyro Sims). Remember, what I type/say is the OFFICIAL word. So if you are getting mixed info from other players/users, please run it by me and I will clarify.

Top Bottom