• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jun 20, 2015] Spring Lake Open 2 (Spring Lake, MI)

Stif

Smash Apprentice
SLO2 stuff
PRE REG LINK COMING SOON

One year ago Spring Lake hosted its first real tournament and it was a great success, now we are back one year later with an even better event planned.

Location: At the same large Unnamned warehouse in Spring Lake it was at last year.

Schedule:
11 Venue opens
11-12 Doubles Reg open
12-2 Doubles Bracket
12-2 Singles Reg open
2-3 Singles Pools
3-4 food Break
4 Am Bracket
5:30 Pro Bracket
11 Venue Closes

Entry info:
$5 Venue (refunded with full set up)
$10 each melee team ($5 each player)
$10 melee singles
$0 for just am bracket
IF YOU WANT TO JUST ENTER AM BRACKET ITS FREE

What to Bring
* Enough cash for registration
* Your own GameCube controller
* A setup!!!

Food:
Mick *****, Subway and Arbys within 2 blocks

Rules
Wobbling will be allowed, you can refer to the Apex 2015 rule set for all other rules. bo5 semis and on

How will pools only take 1 hour you say? Well we are going to do a little different format at this event. Pools are going to be 4 man (maybe a couple 3 man ones for non divisible by 4 number of entrants) and are going to play out like a little double elim bracket. 2 people will advance from the pool and both will be put in winners in the (double elim) pro bracket. The 2 people who get 3rd and 4th in the pool will drop down to a (also double elim) amateur bracket, also both in winners. These pools should be able to run in an hour on 1 set up as there is only 5 sets needed to be played in pools. For more reference on pools look at how the ro32 or ro16 works at this sc2 tournament http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2015_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_2/Code_S

There will also be death bracket for people who dont sign up before, how that will feed into bracket is still under consideration.

More info at smashboards page: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-21-2014-spring-lake-open-spring-lake-mi.358002/

Introduction

Hello Everyone I'm AJ (Stif) Euscher and I am running the my first tournament in Spring Lake over MLG Weekend, because of it being my first tournament currently we are only running melee singles but there should be lots of space at this venue and if the attendees want we could run a side event of Melee Doubles or PM. I am in very much need of a projector so that we could throw the MLG stream up on one of the walls of the venue so if anyone could bring one to the venue or help me find one that would be awesome. The event will start a little later than normal to accommodate the long drive from pretty much anywhere in the state.
Food
There is a Subway,McDonald's and Arby's all within a mile from the venue so those would be my recommendations.
Entry Info
$5 Venue Fee
$10 Melee Singles

Schedule
Noon
Venue Opens
2 pm Melee Registration ends
2:30 pm Start of Melee Pools
5 pm Food Break
7 pm Melee Bracket
11 pm Venue Closes

Rules

Wobbling will be allowed, you can refer to the Apex 2014 rule set for all other rules

https://www.facebook.com/events/1430456767223774/?context=create&source=49

Last edited:

Stif

Smash Apprentice
New Schedule
11 am Venue Opens/Doubles Registration
Noon Melee Doubles (double elim bracket)
2 pm Melee Registration ends
2:30 Start of Melee Pools
5 pm Food Break
6 pm Melee Bracket
11 pm Venue Closes

Last edited:
Top Bottom