• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest COST (Central Ohio Smash 4 Tournament)

COST (Central Ohio Smash 4 Tournament)
Posted by Pablo_El_Diablo
UFCW Local 1059 / Columbus, Ohio
Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
(Facebook Page)
https://www.facebook.com/events/161937737623112/

(Smash GG Page)
https://smash.gg/tournament/cost-central-ohio-smash-4-tournament

$500 cash payout (subject to INCREASE based on attendance).

Game: Smash 4
Fee: $5 entrance fee, $5 venue fee
PRE REGISTRATION REQUIRED.

RULES:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CFaeel_cVIImEZ7ZrIrb_fSva5H3tsN24yp2INyrVLE/edit

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
How many people are expected to come? What was the tournament called before?
Only have 4 signed up on Smash GG currently but then again, we are 3 months out still. Tournament was formerly known as Spencer Kirksey Smash Bros Tournament (house tournament) which had 40 entrants last year.

Visit the Facebook page or Smash GG for more details. Links are above.

MichaelisOK

Smash Rookie
NNID
bigunclemike6
3DS FC
3712-0540-1703
Switch FC
SW-4554-5199-7304
is there an age requirement for this tournament?

Sega Rose

Smash Rookie
I'll be there, I've always wanted to see what a legit tournament looks like (As I've only participated in tournaments at my high school) I'll have to get a new classic controller, as mine is old and acts up from time to time.

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
I'll be there, I've always wanted to see what a legit tournament looks like (As I've only participated in tournaments at my high school) I'll have to get a new classic controller, as mine is old and acts up from time to time.
That is awesome to hear. Make sure you check out the Facebook and Smash GG pages (links are above).

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
Hey, I lack a Paypal account! I might have to pay at the entrance.
if at all possible try to pre register whether that means having someone use paypal for you then paying them back or paying me in person (for example I'll be at Shuffle's Smash 4 tournamet on April 1st and 2nd in Cbus). If you're not able to, make sure you message me on Facebook a week beforehand letting me know you will pay the day of. That's a last resort kinda thing though.

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
if at all possible try to pre register whether that means having someone use paypal for you then paying them back or paying me in person (for example I'll be at Shuffle's Smash 4 tournamet on April 1st and 2nd in Cbus). If you're not able to, make sure you message me on Facebook a week beforehand letting me know you will pay the day of. That's a last resort kinda thing though.
This is mostly for me to have matchups done a week before the tournament.

MichaelisOK

Smash Rookie
NNID
bigunclemike6
3DS FC
3712-0540-1703
Switch FC
SW-4554-5199-7304
I'm probably gonna have to pay at the gate, due to the fact that I don't have a PayPal account, nor do my parents.

NinjaMario5

Smash Rookie
I sort of wish the website displayed who the attendees were playing as. Gives everyone better practice.

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
I sort of wish the website displayed who the attendees were playing as. Gives everyone better practice.
Let's just say that atm the people registered cover a wide variety of characters. Wouldn't be fair of me to say but that's the way all tournaments on Smash GG are. I will say this though, if you click on rankings along the side of peoples names under "view all," most rankings will list their characters.

Last edited:

SuperIcee

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperIcee
I'm interested in going, but I'd have to pay the fee on site due to no one in this family owning a PayPal account (nor wanting to).

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
I'm interested in going, but I'd have to pay the fee on site due to no one in this family owning a PayPal account (nor wanting to).
Despite what the description says, we will be taking registration at the door from 10 am - 11 am.

Neo Strife

Smash Rookie
I have several questions:
Will this tournament be streamed?
How big is the venue?
And can we just register at the door on the 17th?
(I didn't read any of the above comments, my bad if any of these were answered.)

I'll probably show up with a friend. So hyped though since this is taking place 3 days after my birthday!

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
I have several questions:
Will this tournament be streamed?
How big is the venue?
And can we just register at the door on the 17th?
(I didn't read any of the above comments, my bad if any of these were answered.)

I'll probably show up with a friend. So hyped though since this is taking place 3 days after my birthday!

The tournament will be streamed. Right now it is looking like it will be through a group called Co-Opted Gaming. The venue holds up to 200 people. Right now we have 39 preregistered with many more saying they will register at the door. And that should answer your last question, yes you can register the day of between 10 am - 11 am.

Neo Strife

Smash Rookie
I know I can't be annoying enough... But are we allowed to bring a friend if they just wanna watch? Or do they have to compete if they show up? I'm just assuming yes, but this is my second real tournament and I just want to be sure.

Pablo_El_Diablo

Smash Cadet
I know I can't be annoying enough... But are we allowed to bring a friend if they just wanna watch? Or do they have to compete if they show up? I'm just assuming yes, but this is my second real tournament and I just want to be sure.
Asking a legit question doesn't make you annoying. Yes spectators are encouraged to come.

Smitty987

Smash Rookie
What's the name of the twitch channel that'll be streaming the tournament?

Top Bottom