• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 14, 2014] THE GOLDEN CHARIOT (Metairie, LA)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
GOL PRESENTS:
THE GOLDEN CHARIOT

Alright guys, you know all those Open World Monthlies going on? Well, they have been leading up to THIS! Gods of Louisiana (GOL) are having a big seasonal tournament in June for all the biggest fighting games, and the Smash Bros. series is no exception. They have asked me to run the Smash Bros. events, and I want to show the Louisiana FGC how BIG our community really is! Schedule off work, call your friends (and their friends), fix your car, sell your soul to the devil; WHATEVER you gotta do to get here, DO IT! Bring your best game, cuz you're gonna need it to win it all!

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU'RE COMING BY JOINING THE EVENT ON FACEBOOK
Facebook Event

FEATURING
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Melee, AND Project: M
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Injustice: Gods Among Us
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Killer Instinct
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Mortal Kombat 9
Street Fighter x Tekken v2013
King of Fighters XIII

WHEN
Saturday, June 14th
Venue opens at Noon
Registration opens at 1 PM for ALL games
Registration for only SMASH games ends at 2 PM
Tournaments will begin roughly around 2:30 or sooner, depending on # of entrants to make brackets
For all other games, we aim to start those around 3 PM
Venue closes at Midnight

WHERE
Golden Chariot Arcade
Check out their Facebook!
3220 S I-10 Service Road W
Metairie, LA 70001
Parking may be limited, so I STRONGLY suggest carpooling and taking the least amount of cars as possible!

GENERAL RULES
-Please conduct yourself in a respectful manner. Watch your language, even when you get salty.
-Keep the venue clean and pick up after yourself
-Bring your own controller/stick
-Report to your matches in a timely manner (that means within a few minutes)
-At the conclusion of your match, report the result to the Tournament Organizer (TO) IMMEDIATELY
-If you need to leave the venue for ANY reason, please notify a TO before doing so, otherwise we may not know where you are and may disqualify you. We will not hold up the tournament any longer than we need to, no matter who you are.
-All rules are subject to change by the discretion of the TO.
Follow all of these rules, and we can have a great, efficient tournament.

STREAM
We will have not one, but TWO streams!
twitch.tv/PandaXGaming for the regular fighting games
twitch.tv/LouisianaSmash for all Smash games

RAFFLE
We're going to have an awesome raffle set up for this event. The grand prize is a Xbox One! There are several other prizes too! There's plenty to win and not much to lose since 5 tickets only cost $5.00!

FEES AND TOURNAMENT RULES
Venue fee: $10
Entry fee per tournament: $10
All games will be double elimination with 8 or more entrants. If there are less than 8, we will do a round robin.
Pot split for 8+ entrants: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd 10%, will split further if there is a large # of entrants
Pot split for 7 or less entrants: Winner take all

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3 stocks, 8 minute timer, all items set to OFF, Pause set to OFF, Metaknight is LEGAL
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks: Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Siege, Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza
First game will start on any neutral stage agreed upon or whichever one remains after striking. Winner of previous game will ban any neutral or counterpick, then the loser will select a stage out of those remaining, then the winner may change character, then the loser may change character, IN THAT ORDER.
All Finals matches will be best 3 out of 5, all other matches will be best 2 out of 3.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
4 stocks, 8 minute timer, all items set to OFF, Pause set to OFF
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium
First game will start on any neutral stage agreed upon or whichever one remains after striking. Winner of previous game will ban any neutral or counterpick, then the loser will select a stage out of those remaining, then the winner may change character, then the loser may change character, IN THAT ORDER.
All Finals matches will be best 3 out of 5 (no bans for Finals), all other matches will be best 2 out of 3.

Project: M
4 stocks, 8 minute timer, all items set to OFF, Pause set to OFF
Neutral stages: Bottom row of Page 1
Counterpicks: Middle row of Page 1
First game will start on any neutral stage agreed upon or whichever one remains after striking. Winner of previous game will ban any 3 neutrals or counterpicks, then the loser will select a stage out of those remaining, then the winner may change character, then the loser may change character, IN THAT ORDER.
All Finals matches will be best 3 out of 5, all other matches will be best 2 out of 3.

Ultra Street Fighter IV
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
Finals 2/3 rounds, 3/5 matches
Winner keeps same character between matches, loser can change characters, both can swap ultras
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
3/5 matches
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner must retain same team and order at player select screen

Injustice: Gods Among Us
2/3 matches
Finals 3/5 matches
If first stage cannot be decided on, voting system will be used
Winner keeps same character between matches, loser can change characters but revote must occur for stage select

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
Finals 3/5 matches
Winner keeps same character between matches, loser can change characters
No Unlimited characters
Kokonoe is NOT legal CURRENTLY
No game breaking glitches allowed

Killer Instinct
2/3 matches
Losers/Winners/Grand Finals 3/5 matches
Winner keeps same character between matches, loser can change characters

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches
After pool play 3/5 rounds, 3/5 matches
Winner keeps same team and order between matches, loser can change characters
No customization allowed during tournament matches
Solo mode is banned

Mortal Kombat 9
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
All DLC characters legal
Kratos is banned from tournament play
Kratos' stage, The Street stage, and Hell stage are banned from tournament play
Winner keeps same character between matches, loser can change characters and pick stage
Random stage selection for first match unless both players agree on a stage

Street Fighter x Tekken v2013
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
Winner keeps same team and order between games, loser can change characters
Gems are allowed

King of Fighters XIII
2/3 matches for the entire tournament
60 second timer
Winner keeps same team between matches, loser can change characters

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Almost forgot to add, but it's SUPER important so it deserves its own post anyways:
PLEASE BRING SETUPS
This tourney cannot be run without setups! Anything and everything, if we can use it, please bring it. Consoles, controllers, cords, TVs, power strips, extension cords, tables, chairs, if you can bring it, BRING IT! We greatly appreciate anything you guys have, regardless if we use it or not!

D

Deleted member

so is the venue giant? and you have other people willing to run the other tournaments?
i feel like im coming off in a negative way, but im really just curious that this volume of stuff is possilbe

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Not exactly giant, but we will have most of the venue to use, and if we have the setups, we will do just fine. I'm just running the Smash portion, the rest will be run by others. You have every right to be skeptical, but I've been to this venue and I'll be in full control of what I'm running. I'm probably only gonna enter Brawl myself, if I even enter anything, so I will be dedicated to RUNNING the event, not WINNING. I assure you, this thing will run smoothly.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Verrrrrrrry high chance I come to this, is there a venue fee/can I get it waived for bringing a set up?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Unfortunately, PandaxGaming can no longer make it out to the event, so as for now, the presence of a stream is unknown. If you are interested in running a stream for the event, please contact Ryck Soto.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Ugh back-to-back weeks with Smashcon, if I can't get a ride for this I think I'll just choose Smashcon. ;-;

LaSocks

Smash Rookie
I'm coming with a group,
In regards to it being back to back with smash con when is smashcon? And where? I couldn't find anything on the summer one except that a date hadn't been decided.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
as I asked before, is there any way to get the venue fee waived? Like with a set-up I mean

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Because mk9 mentions kratos is banned is it safe to assume its in ps3?
He didn't mention anything about any game being console specific, so I think you can assume there will be at least one PS3 for it.
I'm coming with a group,
In regards to it being back to back with smash con when is smashcon? And where? I couldn't find anything on the summer one except that a date hadn't been decided.
SummerCon thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...-and-more-june-21-2014-baton-rouge-la.355925/
as I asked before, is there any way to get the venue fee waived? Like with a set-up I mean
I was only asked to run the Smash portion of this event, so I had no part in setting this all up with the venue and whatnot, so unfortunately I cannot give out discounts. If it were my own event, sure, but this time, that is not the case.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Just a question, will there be Smash doubles at this tourney and if so how much will it cost per team?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
There will not be doubles simply due to time and space constraints, however if we do finish any event relatively early we could do doubles or even something like crews or 3v3 team stuff if enough people are interested.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Doubles got canceled because people heard Team Blitz the Invincible Dudes were coming.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
HUGE UPDATE!

A BIG change has happened very recently and very quickly: We're changing venues! Here's the new venue: https://www.facebook.com/GoldenChariotArcade. As you can see, not only does this place have a LOT more space, but also has NINE CRT TV's for us to use! However, we still ask that you bring whatever you can for setups, TV's included, so we can have the best experience.

Also, we're having an event this coming Sunday, June 8th, called the Calm Before the Storm. We wanted to give people who hadn't been Open World the opportunity to check it out before the main event, but now it'll be even more important because NO ONE has been to this place yet! I'm definitely looking forward to checking this place out and getting some friendlies in, so please try to make it if you can.

Finallly, with Ultra Street Fighter 4 out today, that will be the version we are using for the tournament, so if you wanna practice and/or check out some Ultra before this event, please come to the Calm Before the Storm!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Double post for important things!

We will have not one, but TWO streams going for the tournament! Even though Panda himself cannot make it to this event, he is allowing us to use his channel twitch.tv/PandaXGaming to stream the regular fighting games!

For Smash, we will be using the new channel for all of Louisiana's streams (hopefully), twitch.tv/louisianasmash

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Double post for important things!

We will have not one, but TWO streams going for the tournament! Even though Panda himself cannot make it to this event, he is allowing us to use his channel twitch.tv/PandaXGaming to stream the regular fighting games!

For Smash, we will be using the new channel for all of Louisiana's streams (hopefully), twitch.tv/louisianasmash
Hey JNig. If you guys have a extra labtop I have a dazzle here in Pensacola I'm willing to bring to get more matches recorded. I think Zone may be willing to bring his as well if you guys have two labtops.

Top Bottom