• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 13, 2015] NEG Presesnts: La Paradiso!!! June 13th-14th!!! Smash 4 and PM!!!... (Raleigh, NC)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

Hey what's up guys, we here at NEG are happy to say our first ever regional Bad Moon Rising was an immense success and the good folks over at Stuff N Such Games & Collectibles said they could not wait to do another event, We figured it was the perfect time for the Smash 4 and Project M community to get in on the action. So this summer, on June 13th and 14th NEG Presents: La Paradiso!

Smash 4 will be using the EVO ruleset as this event is one month before EVO and we would like to help our entrants prepare to compete at the highest level! However, due to possible exploits custom moves will be banned in doubles. Doubles will be using the apex ruleset, as EVO has no doubles event. Pot bonuses are abound, but our exact numbers or drive goals are not known at this time. Stay tuned for updates!

The mission of our Project M staff is to make sure this is one the biggest and best quality PM tournaments on the east coast! PM will be streamed on Knee Deep Gaming the same great guys that brought you the breath taking BMR stream. Pot bonuses are certainly going to be announced in the coming weeks for both games, so stay tuned and like our facebook page to keep current with any announcements regarding sponsorships, attendance drives, pot bonuses and more!

BMR had 250 unique entrants, I'd love to mach or even beat these numbers at LP!

Pre-reg Link is now up!!!

We are looking forward to hosting another great event in beautiful Raleigh, NC and we hope you'll join us for the fun!

PRICING/PAYOUTS:
20 Dollar door fee (5 dollars off for a full setup for either Smash 4 or PM)
10 Dollars per entrant for singles
20 Dollars per team for doubles entry

28> will result in 50%/25%/15%/10% split
48> will result in 45%/20%/15%/10%/5%x2
96> will result in 40%/20%/15%/10%/5%x2/2.5%x2

SCHEDULE: (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Day 1 is for Smash 4 DOUBLES and SINGLES pools
DAY 1 is PM SINGLES pools
TIMES FOR DAY 1
Doors will open up at 10:30am for the venue Pre reg is mandatory which will be setup very soon. Sign ins will run until about 11:30 or 12 depending on number of entrants.

Doubles For smash 4 will run first until about 4 pm narrowing down to a top 16-or top 8 for teams

PM's singles start time will vary depending on entrants for both events and cross entry between smash 4 and PM. Projected start time for PM is about 2pm

Smash 4 singles will close out the day running from about 5pm till 11pm narrowing it down to a top 32 for singles in both PM and Smash 4

Ohana Glass will be throwing in 500 dollars to the Smash 4 prize pool!!!

(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Day 2 is TOP 32 for singles in both games
Day 2 is TOP 16 for doubles

Last edited:

Gokuguy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokuguy123
3DS FC
5300-9899-4196
Edit: Misunderstanding.

Last edited:

RisingHonor

Smash Rookie
I have three questions:
1)Would I need to also pay for parking in the area, or is that free?
2)If PM 3.6 launches before this tourney starts, which version would it use?
3)Will their be set-ups for friendlies, or an amateur bracket?

A friend and I live quite close to where this tourney will be hosted. We are quite interested in coming, especially since it would be our first "tournament experience". However we are quite new to Smash (started with PM a few months ago) and don't want to simply be 4-stocked our first game if we compete.

Thank you for your time,
-RisingHonor

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
@ RisingHonor RisingHonor My advice is to go and participate even if you don't feel qualified. I learned so much from going to my first couple of tournaments about 4 years ago, it pretty much changed how I played the game. Me and my friends went and a couple of them got ripped apart, but we got better and laugh about it now. I would meet up with you there, but I won't be able to go because of plans I made months ago :ohwell:. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Last edited:

RisingHonor

Smash Rookie
@ ParanoidAndroid ParanoidAndroid Thank you for the friendly advice. At this point I'm definitely planning to go to the tournament and competing (albeit probably knocked out early on). I don't get much human practice, which is one of the main things drawing me to the tourney. Even if I get knocked out early Ill try to make the best of it. Perhaps I can even try out some Smash 4 since it will be at the venue.

Top Bottom