• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Jumpman Dojo - Mario Video & Critique Thread II

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
A few things I've noticed is the lack of Nair. The opponent is the only one that used it and they only used it 3 times the entire match.. Nair is as good as Dair minus the multiple hits and is a lot better as an approach than Fair because of the landing lag. You should almost never use fair on a grounded opponent unless you get a hard read off of a roll or a spot dodge. Leave that to either Dair or Nair as their landing lag allows for more options if they shield and aren't as punishable on shield.
Try to grab your opponent more instead of relying on jab when you shield their attack like Mario's slide (dash attack) and either Dthrow or Uthrow depending on the opponents HP percentage and combo them off the option you take. Jab is good but you'll want to do more damage than jab can do and a uair or Utilt string on them is always rewarding. Also if they go up too high for utilt Up B is Also usable out of Dthrow aside from Uair..

Up throw can lead to Dair then to either Bair or Fair depending on where they are at when they get hit during the final hit of Dair.

Also watch how early you use FLOOD. Using it too early doesn't apply the pressure when they're trying to recover..

Only noticed it on the opponent because your Mario wasn't in that many positions but don't forget Mario can wall jump to improve his recovery so he doesn't need to up b to reach the stage or grab the ledge.. Up b is severely punishable if it doesn't allow Mario to auto-snap the ledge. Don't know if you implement the wall-jump but I thought it worth mentioning since they didn't need to up b if they wall jumped at those times..

Also if they hang on the ledge too long don't forget to use dash attack on them and interrupt their ledge time :p
Excellent! I'll definitely try to implement your tips into my gameplay.

Thank you for your help.

LiamOnScreen

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Today Im launching a brand new series on my channel and the first episode I will be using the one and only Mario, please check it out I will post a link to the video as soon as its live but for now please take a look at my other content and if you like what you see be sure to look out for the new video later. Thankyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0pESYCMGU

Uffe

Smash Hero
Here are two matches between my brother and I. He's Mario in both of them. I figured I'd ask the Mario boards to give criticism by pointing out what he can do better. I told him that Mario has some good cross-ups, but I don't if he knows how to do them exactly. Anyway, here are the two. I'll try to post more.

eldavo2090

Smash Rookie
NNID
eldavo2510
3DS FC
0791-3398-6999

I need to work my Mario a lot, would appreciate critique and feedback.

Thanks!

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
They said you main Mega Man. Did we do friendlies at The Big House 6?
I don't main megaman, I actually co-main mario and megaman, but I can't say I remember if we did friendlies or not honestly >.< If you played a mario/mega player though there aren't exactly many of those from who i'm aware of lol

Top Bottom