• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump on wall Side-B Trick

Vafe

Smash Rookie
So I was playing a match with this guy and I noticed that he was almost wall jumping with his side b next to a wall while recovering, I didn't ask him sadly but any of you guys know how to do this?
Thanks.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ike has the ability to walljump out of Quick Draw once per air state (just press "away" from the wall after touching it), it's not hard to do as long as you're close enough to the wall.

Vafe

Smash Rookie
Ike has the ability to walljump out of Quick Draw once per air state (just press "away" from the wall after touching it), it's not hard to do as long as you're close enough to the wall.
Thanks!

totesmagotes

Smash Cadet
He used to be able to do it an infinite number of times, now he can only do it once, is that correct?

S_F3

Smash Rookie
According to SSBWiki Ike could infinitely QD Walljump until v2.1. From 2.5 to 3.02, Ike could QD Walljump twice. From 3.5 onwards, Ike can only QD Walljump once.
Moreover, a glitch was found in 3.5 that allowed Ike to still perform infinite QD Walljump albeit with strict timing (see this thread for more info). That glitch was patched from 3.6 beta onwards.

waffeln

Smash Cadet
[...]
Moreover, a glitch was found in 3.5 that allowed Ike to still perform infinite QD Walljump albeit with strict timing (see this thread for more info). That glitch was patched from 3.6 beta onwards.
I used the search function and could find nothing about "infinite" in that thread =/

S_F3

Smash Rookie
I used the search function and could find nothing about "infinite" in that thread =/
In SSBWiki, it says in the notes to v2.5 that Ike can QD WJ "only twice per airtime", which implies he could do it more before. Earlier in the "Special Attacks" section, it's only said Ike can Walljump, no limitation are specified ; since every other Walljump in the game can be done infinitely, that implies Ike could Walljump from QD as much as any other character.
Granted it's still a leap in logic, and I haven't played this version of Ike myself. I have however heard people (other than totesmagotes) say that he could Walljump infinitely back then, so I'm confident it's the case, but I could be wrong nevertheless.
For the 3.5 glitch, I'm 100% certain it's in because I grinded it hard AF back then. In the patch notes to 3.6b, the glitch is explicitly mentioned, and fixed since then AFAIK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom