• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Cancel Fast Fall Tutorial and Uses

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Lmao, literally figured out how to do this last week. This tech is nuts, definitely the future of peach. Thanks for letting us know!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So far difficult to pick up for me, but here's hoping I get it down. Seems indeed like a future tool for Peach.

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
The timing on the JCFF is pretty strict. I only got it down a couple of times.

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
<3 love this tech

after some minutes in training mode it feels super easy to perform and it seems really useful too especially for baiting

Hope I can implement this more into my gameplay over time

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
To anybody: Any tips on how to get the timing right? I find it a bit more difficult than I had initially thought, perhaps even more than wavedashing.

Krabby-Mokou

Smash Rookie
NNID
IceKrabby
I also would like some tips for this. I can sorta do it in training mode, but I can't quite time releasing jump and holding down. I have gotten to be able to use this to help get back to the ledge faster when I'm in the air, but actually using it in a fight is a different story.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I've only been able to do it up to four times in a row. Well, at least just by standing. I performed a couple of pseudo-wavedashes so far.

TondaGossa

Smash Rookie
Having trouble performing it consistently from a single jump, but I believe you have to release X a split second after you start to hold down. If you're familiar with other FG terms or notation, kinda like a kara input: X -> Down~release X

You can also practice with the slowmo options in training mode starting at 1/4th speed then trying to speed up your inputs when you move to the next highest speed if you feel like doing it normally is daunting. It's useful for confirming if you're doing it right since her dress moves differently while falling if you did it successfully. It looks like if you held the float and let go(which you are, but much faster)

I find that doing it a minimum height from a double jump is the easiest to get a rhythm for, since it's basically double tap X, hold down, release X which is how I'm practicing doing pseudo-wavedashes. If there's no technical advantage to JCFFing from a single jump(but that's probably a bit faster because you don't have to go through part of the double jump anim?) then I'd just try that and see if you can apply it easier.

Other than that I'd just grind it out. Start with just getting the JCFF, then once that's consistent move to JCFF aerial, JCFF at different heights, JCFF aerial at diff heights, etc. No need to try and apply it right away, just build the foundation.

If there's anything I seem to be missing/wrong about I'd love to hear it since I'm struggling a bit more than I'd like with this :p

Last edited:

EOE

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it just comes down to practising it as much as you can. It took me a few weeks to get the timing down to the point where I can do it consistently, and that's before considering the jumps other than a standing full hop!

Performing the JCFF out of a run or back jump is much more difficult, but it's also necessary to practise this if you are to use the technique successfully in-game.

Personally, I use Left-Trigger to jump because I think it's better to have the jump button and attack button used by different hands (this makes diving aerials much easier).

Zodiac

Smash Master
Be careful, if Sakurai finds out we're having fun he'll patch it.

Takezo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
TAISH0U
Thank you for making a video on this! I lack the know how and equipment to do that, im glad more Peach users will know about this!

(i think) xD

tygre

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylergreen00
3DS FC
0774-4593-0364
2018 here, wanting to add that the JCFF seems oddly familiar to me as a ZSS main, just the similar timing of short hop nair ff with ZSS. Just wanted to contribute that comment.

Top Bottom