• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump after parachute

Ephenilliac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ephenilliac
3DS FC
5455-9900-2775
Sup G&W's, Advo here to share some tech with. This isn't a new discovery but the original post is lost somewhere on the boards. So I'm making this thread to bring awareness to this very useful technique.

To get to the point, it is possible to jump out of our up b, so long as you don't use your double jump before hand. All you have to do is use a move after parachuting and you will have access to your jump again. If you use your double jump before parachuting, you will not be able to use a jump after you use up b. You also have to be careful if you decide to use up air, dair, and down b, as pressing up and/or down too fast will bring the parachute down and you won't be able to use your jump. It's advised that if you use any of those moves to bring down parachute, press down on the stick lightly or use c-stick.

This is a useful technique as it expands everything for g&w. It can help mix up how we land since you won't be completely helpless after using fire. It helps extends combos after up b, if the opponent is at the right percentages you can follow up with fair, bair, or bacon. Using them allows to jump and extend the combo and put ourselves in a good situation.

It is also possible to do bucket jumping shenanigans, so that serves as a good mix up, albeit I can't see many situations where you wouldn't want to bucket jump regularly and then up b but I digress. I can't provide footage rn but on a later date I will be able to.

Last edited:

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Thx for reminding anyone who forgot or showing those newbies who've never found this out.
It's sometimes useful after using Fire to escape a combo.

That's the real shameful forgotten point; a lot of 50-50s are eliminated by frame 2 windbox/quick movement. Every time someone gets beep booped at 50-50 percents I cry a little. :(

Voltshock

Smash Rookie
It is worth noting:

For some reason (maybe some dumb thing in the coding) when you cancel the parachute by tapping down on the control stick, you don't get your jump back.
What this means is:

-- If you cancel with any move midair (fair, bair, dair, chef): you will get a double jump after the move is over.
-- If you try to dair or bucket, but cancel the parachute with the control stick right before you use the move, you *WILL NOT* get the a double jump.

This has caused many SD's for me... Some in tourney as well >.<

To prevent it, you have to hold down on the control stick during the ascent, so it doesn't cancel the parachute before you use the move. Another alternative is to c-stick your dair (or bucket if you have c specials)

Ephenilliac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ephenilliac
3DS FC
5455-9900-2775
So long as you don't press down hard / all the way on the stick the parachute should stay up. After a good minute of messing around with this you should comfortably get the feel of how to use dair/up air/down b out of parachute and retain your jump.

Top Bottom