• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 16th] Thursday Night Smash Down Wii U and 3DS Tournament

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
There is no chat room? We just communicate here?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Everyone the above link does work. Ever #TN3DS into the channel name. @ Lightsoul Lightsoul is an idiot and this was poorly conceived.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Warning Received
the chat room link isn't working
https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/

Go to this link,

on that page look for the field that says channel (it's across from nickname)

enter into the channel #TN3DS

and then you'll be in the chatroom

I'm sorry lightsoul is such a ****ing dumbass an can't be here to explain this to people himself.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
@ Lightsoul Lightsoul

I have to say, I am disappointed in how the 3DS tournament was handled.

You should have made it clear which chatroom was going to be used. You had it listed on Smashboards as your twitch chat, but on the challonge bracket, you have a mibbit chat listed. This would have been fine if you had even acknowledged on Smashboards that you had changed the chat from your twitch chat to #TNSD on Mibbit.

You also didn't check once in while I was in the Mibbit chat to see if there was any confusion, to answer any questions about chatrooms, etc. If you did check in, it was under a different name, and you didn't identify yourself.

That also would have been fine, small problem that occurs, there is almost always someone else who steps up and tries to control the chaos. The real problem was that you didn't close check ins for the 3DS tournament and finalize the bracket. We could have ran the 3DS tournament on our own, albeit it would have been hard because a 3rd chatroom had been made at this point to separate the Mibbit Wii U/3DS chat. This third room was for the 3DS chat, with the original becoming a Wii U chat. Not fun having to look through 3 chats for your opponent.

By not closing the check ins and starting the tournament until a half an hour had passed, with no indication that you were ever going to start the 3DS tournament, the 3DS users who were in the 3DS chat had made their own bracket, and gotten started with their own tournament. We would have been content to wait, but you didn't make any effort to tell the 3DS users to wait any additional time for the tournament to start. Here is the backup bracket we made: http://challonge.com/n4k7dmq0

My advice is that in the future for Thursday Night Smackdown that you only host one tournament or host both but only run one of them. Make someone else in charge of the second. I'll give this tournament another chance, but if it is handled as poorly as this one, I won't come back for a third.

xElGlugx

Smash Cadet
Lol what a buster tournament the TO left the chat alone and pretty much abandoned the players

JTWStephens

Smash Rookie
NNID
JTWStephens
3DS FC
0662-4104-9596
Yeah, I appreciate the ambition, but the TO was awful. Which is understandable if it's your first time (gotta start somewhere), but to so badly mismanage both tournaments and then abandon them halfway through? Yeah naw, not cool.

Blacklist this TO and avoid him in the future.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
This was a pretty ambitious tournament. Don't worry man, I think you'll get it right next time.

I recommend appointing a co-organizer to help you out, as problems will arise in a tournament this big. Having backup TOs is always a good idea.

You should also do your best to double check everything in bracket. The bracket had a few holes that needed to be addressed pronto. Answering questions asap and disqualifying absent players is important too.

While I do agree bailing on us was not cool, I won't chew you out too much. I'll be happy to enter another tournament of yours if you got your stuff together haha.

Last edited:

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
So last night's tournament did not go anywhere near as planned and the chewing that I have gotten today as a result is well deserved. I made the mistake of trying to spend more time getting my stream to work than making sure the participants were able to communicate with one another. A complete break down on my part and if you never want to enter anything that I put together again I will understand. I will host another event next week, one that will be better prepared in advance. Hope to see you there.

Liyrex

Smash Apprentice
Daein (Or Albany, NY whatever makes more sense)
NNID
Liyrex
3DS FC
3265-5244-3896
So last night's tournament did not go anywhere near as planned and the chewing that I have gotten today as a result is well deserved. I made the mistake of trying to spend more time getting my stream to work than making sure the participants were able to communicate with one another. A complete break down on my part and if you never want to enter anything that I put together again I will understand. I will host another event next week, one that will be better prepared in advance. Hope to see you there.
If you need someone to organize the 3ds bracket im your guy.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I have faith that you can do better, and I hope to be there next week. Whether it be to participate, spectate, or even help out if you need it.

We all **** up dude. I remember hosting my first online tournament. It went far worse than this.

xElGlugx

Smash Cadet
PLEASE get someone to help you, we all need help sometimes. Don't try and do something yourself if you can't

Top Bottom