• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 27, 2014] Super Smash Flash 2 Official Tournament Debut! (Indianapolis, IN)

McleodGaming

Smash Rookie
We're excited to announce that Ya Dad and Cleod9, the head developer of Super Smash Flash 2, will be teaming up to run MG's first "official" SSF2 tournament in Indianapolis on July 27th featuring v0.9b!

Cleod9 will be personally traveling to Indianapolis, Indiana to join up with Ya Dad to help put together this awesome event. It'll be taking place during Salty Sunday on July 27th. For those of you unfamiliar with Salty Sundays, it is a weekly event dedicated to the Smash games featuring friendlies, challenge matches, and tourneys. For this particular Sunday in July, SSF2 will be the main attraction! And the best part is, there WILL be prizes! =D

So mark your calendars for July 27th and please join us in person (or on our livestream) to catch all of the action! The details of the tournament are as follows:

Date: July 27th, 2014

Details:
Double Elimination tournament
4 stock - 8 minutes
SSF2 Version 0.9b
Tourney runs from 3pm to 9pm EST
Entry Fee: $10 singles (at the door)

Prizes:
- Brand new boxed Nintendo White Controller
- $100 pot 100% of the pot
- Custom GC Controller by Custom NES Guy: http://www.custommade.com/custom-themed-controllers/by/customnesguy/
- SSF2 Poster
- Mayflash GC-to-USB converter

You don't want to miss this awesome event! Additional details to follow in the coming weeks.

(Also for those of you eager to hear more v0.9b news please hold tight, we've got some extra info we will be announcing soon!)

Last edited:

McleodGaming

Smash Rookie
We noticed there has been a little confusion regarding the prizes and how they will be distributed. Just to clarify, there will be five prizes:

- Brand new boxed Nintendo White Controller
- 100% of the pot (not $100, that was a typo. the pot should be much larger than that)
- Custom GC Controller by Custom NES Guy
- SSF2 Poster
- Mayflash GC-to-USB converter

The top 5 of the tournament get to pick one prize each. 1st place get's 1st pick, 2nd place gets to pick next, and so on.

There will be a lot of events going on the day of the tournament. First up is the main event: the Singles Tournament. Signups will start at 2:00pm, with the tournament starting at 2:30pm. During signups people will be allowed to warm-up with other players and entrants in the Fighting Game Room while we work on the stream setup and setting up tables in the Salty Sunday Room.

We appreciate the developers that are traveling all the way to Indianapolis to help run the very first McLeodGaming-sponsored SSF2 tournament, so we thought that a special thanks should be in order. There are a lot of cool prizes able to be won in the Singles Tournament, so for the devs in attendance, you will have another chance at winning one of these prizes. There will be a special developer-edition custom Gamecube controller held as the prize for 1st place in the Dev Bracket! This will be Singles, 4 stock 8 min, single elimination, with all devs duking it out for the 1st place prize. Be careful though, because the highest placing non-dev in the previous Singles tournament will also be entered in and able to claim the prize!

These aren't the only events planned for the big day. After the Dev Bracket concludes, be sure to grab whoever you think is the best in the building, because we'll be doing a Doubles Tournament! It's gonna be free to enter with a minor prize to win for each winning partner. Devs are allowed to enter, but only one Dev per team is permitted so hurry and partner up with a top placing Singles entrant!

When Doubles are over, there may still be some developers and IndySmash players who want to show off their skills in a singles battle. So, we will be doing a Crew Battle with the top placing Singles Tourney entrants vs. SSF2 Devs! The battle is free to enter with the only prize being the gratification of which group comes out on top!

As you can see, July 27th will be a full day of non-stop Super Smash Flash 2 action, with a stream dedicated to it all day. There will still be Project M and Melee setups in the Salty Sunday room for those who want to take some breaks from SSF2, and even other fighting games will be played in the Fighting Game Room.

Thanks again guys, and we look forward to our first official tournament!

quarterpounder31

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-3785-4938
How is the controller setup gonna go? Is it using MGN with separate keyboards, or is it USB Gamecube controllers? I'm only wondering because I don't have a USB Gamecube controller.

(I would like a response soon)

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Moving to Indy in a few days, so I might be able to attend this!

McleodGaming

Smash Rookie
How is the controller setup gonna go? Is it using MGN with separate keyboards, or is it USB Gamecube controllers? I'm only wondering because I don't have a USB Gamecube controller.

(I would like a response soon)
The tournament is BYOC, so people will use their own controllers. Everyone at IndySmash plays with a Gamecube controller, but if you wish to play with a keyboard, be sure to bring one that connects via USB.

Oh yeah another thing, I've never been to one of these events so I want to make sure I get this. Its at the United Methodist Church, correct?
Correct.

quarterpounder31

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-3785-4938
The tournament is BYOC, so people will use their own controllers. Everyone at IndySmash plays with a Gamecube controller, but if you wish to play with a keyboard, be sure to bring one that connects via USB.

Correct.
K. I guess keyboard since I don't have a mayflash converter.

Last edited:

McleodGaming

Smash Rookie
If you want to play with a Gamecube controller, you only need to bring a controller. We will supply the converters for the tournament =)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
After talked to @ Ya Dad Ya Dad about stages in regards to v0.9b; this is the stage list that will be used:

HAZARDS OFF FOR ALL STAGES

Starter:
Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (either/or, not both)
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 3
Tower Of Salvation
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Smashville

Counterpick:
Jungle Hijinx
Castle Siege
Wario Ware
Mirror Chamber
Dracula's Castle