• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 25, 2015] AlfaCollusion 6 (PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED) (Columbus OH)

SoulPech

Smash Master
I do. Also it's Tr4sh/C4ncer

I'll still support it lol.

For real though I play doubles, but not singles.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
you can only enter 3 events. He's entering Smash 4 singles, Project M Singles and doubles (with me) . I'm entering Smash 4 doubles, Project M Singles and doubles (with Carls)

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Attention!!!!! Due to registration filling up bigger than the venue can hold. I will have to end registration TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT!!!!! REGISTER NOW

Zaowly

Smash Rookie
So my partner RSVP'd us both for doubles but I wasn't able to submit my own reservation in time because of work. I don't want to do singles, only doubles with Burger. Is it an issue that I didn't RSVP myself even though he put both our names in for the doubles?

This is my first tournament! Thanks a ton!

Zaowly

Smash Rookie
I'll do singles if we need a spot filled too! I'll bring the cash for it regardless.

SoulPech

Smash Master
@ Kel Kel :

Blue Star is the venue.
Yellow Line is meters. These are free after 10 PM.
Green Line is street parking. The parking on Summit Street is probably the most likely to have spots, but it's also the farthest (7-10 minute walk). I would suggest dropping off all of your equipment prior to parking in this area for simplicity.
Orange Circles are parking garages. They ar 10 bucks for more than 5 hours, and the rates reset at midnight (aka be out by midnight.)

Blue Star is the venue.
Dark Green Line is the drop off zone. Please be quick since this is also where the Donatos drivers park.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
oh ok got some questions I need to answer

Here is the registration list
CLICK HERE

SMASH 4 POOLS ARE UP

HERE

Hmmm @ Zaowly Zaowly I can hit you up for doubles but unless I realize someone at the door cancels I can not add you into singles.

Kel

Smash Master
SMASH 4 POOLS ARE UP

HERE

Hmmm @ Zaowly Zaowly I can hit you up for doubles but unless I realize someone at the door cancels I can not add you into singles.
You do realize that 10 man pools = 45 matches, right? at around 10 minutes/ set that would equal 450 minutes, or 7.5 hours just to get through pools. Hopefully each pool has more than one setup otherwise we will be here a while.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Thank you to all of those who came out yesterday! The results thread will be out (most likely next week), so in the meantime please leave constructive feedback. What you liked, didn't like, etc.

Thank you!

Last edited:

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
in response to colten's post:

* don't let fizzle enter four events
* one TO minimum per event
* make sure correct rules are posted on FB / smashboards ahead of time; changing sm4sh from 2 stock to 3 stock was probably why the tourney finished at 1:30 AM
* personally i feel like 55 / 30 / 10 / 5 for a tourney with 65-70 people is way too top heavy. 50 / 25 / 15 / 10 imo. maybe expand to paying out 6 or 8 people.
* melee pools were pretty ****ed. we had one pool with 4 people, two pools with 6 people, and one pool with 8 people.
* challonge link or external monitor for brackets. melee wasn't too much of an issue since tercel stayed on top of everyone, and we had colten's laptop for PM, but i had no idea what sm4sh bracket looked like for either event
* actually start events when they're supposed to start per the schedule. since melee and PM started late, it contributed to fizzle bottlenecking everything which slowed everyone down

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I disagree that changing the tournament from 2 stock to 3 stock is why the tourney finished at 1:30 AM. There were other factors at work here. From my experience, the amount of stocks does not greatly change the tournament duration.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yeah iirc there was a study that when comparing 2 & 3 stocks in 50+-man tourneys, 3 stocks only adds about an hour to the total tournament time. Time shouldn't be a deciding factor when we have all day, 2 stock Smash 4 is dumb for the exact same reasons 2 stock Melee is dumb.

Top Bottom