• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 25, 2015] AlfaCollusion 6 (PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED) (Columbus OH)

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Peppy and SoulPech tried to kill me! They left me for dead. Their biggest mistake was not making sure the job was complete!!!

NOW I'M BACK AGAIN WITH ANOTHER ALFACOLLUSION!!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
PRE-REGISTER (ITS REQUIRED THIS TIME YO!!!)
(MY CAP HAS HIT FOLKS! IM SORRY.... My venue has hit its limits)

***ENDING PRE-REGISTRATION by 10PM JULY 23rd****

If you need to make any changes or have questions please contact me on SmashBoards. Facebook, or Email me here with the Subject "AC6 Change"

ABOUT:
Hello there my name is AlfaStryke, one of the TO's here in Columbus! My goal here is to maintain and grow the Smash Bros. Community and unite them as a whole within Columbus. I enjoy seeing people gathering around and haveing fun. That is the main reason I host these tournaments. So I hope you come out, hang with us, and have a grand ol' time!

Oh and one more thing, I do also host Project M Bi-weeklies (here)
TIME/DATE:
Sat, July 25th 2015
12:00 AM- Midnight

North High Street
Columbus, OH 43210

EVENTS:
Melee Singles
Smash Bros Wii U Singles
Project M Singles
Smash 4 Wii U Doubles
Project M Doubles
Mystery Event (if time allows)

***Lain Stupid Rule*** You cannot enter in more than 3 Smash events (Mystery event wont count)
Stop bottlenecking brackets Lain :yeahboi:.
PRICE:
Venue: $5
(Venue will be completely waived if you bring a full setup* AND it is needed) <- I can't stress that AND part enough

Smash 4 Singles : $10
Project M Singles : $10
Mystery Event : $ 2
All Double Events : $20/team ($10/individual)

*Full Setup constitutes as one or more of the following
-HDTV, Wii U, Smash 4, and a Gamecube Adapter (if someone has an extra you can use the extra and it will count towards free venue)
- CRT TV, Wii, Project M 3.6b setup (Brawl Disk/ISO with Project M 3.6b)

-Credit/Debit card will be an option but it will be an additional $1.50 for processing (probably better than the ATM)
PAYOUTS:
< 5 entrants

Winner takes all (Event will be played Round Robin Format)

Singles >5 < 32

1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

Singles >32 (I hope every event will be like this)

1st Place - 55%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%
4th Place - 5%

Doubles < 5
1st Place - 55%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 15%

Schedule:
Note: Schedule is subject to change at any time

CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULE

RULES
MELEE

RULES

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock 3 min game will determine the winner of the game.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned
Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
Stage List

• Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dream Land
  • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
  • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

• Counter-Pick Stages
    • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
    • Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]

Match Procedure
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  10. The next match is played
  11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

PROJECT M

General Rules
  • YOU MUST BE RUNNING PROJECT M 3.6b
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal until 300%
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser and Wario Man is banned

Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack enabled
  • Sharing stocks is allowed
Stage List
  • Neutral Stages

• Dreamland (64)
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2

• Counter-Pick Stages (2 bans)

• Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Wario Ware
  • Delphino's Secret
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee) (SINGLES ONLY)
  • Distant Planet (DOUBLES ONLY)
Match Procedure
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes two(2) and the second player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  10. The next match is played
  11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Smash 4 WII U

General Rules
* 3 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If Time limit is up and Stocks and Percents are the same you will do a 1 stock 3 min game to determine the winner of that game
* Custom Moves are BANNED
* Custom Equipment is BANNED.
* Attacking with the Game & Watch Bucket (down B) is BANNED in doubles. (doing so will result in a forfeit of your game for your team).
* Mii Fighters are only Default Mii and running 1111 movesets.
* Modified DSR: You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Best out of 5 sets will only have one ban that stacks
* All finals sets are best out of 5
Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
(Rock Paper Scissors to determine who strikes first)
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.
Stage list:

Starters:
-Battlefield
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Dreamland (64)
-Final Destination

Counterpicks: 2 Bans
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd (Singles Only)
-Duck Hunt
-Castle Siege
-Lylat Cruise

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Last edited:

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
6/15/15- Added Schedule

7/9/15- Added rulesets for all games! (might be subject to change, mainly stagelists for PM and Smash 4, will finalize everything 48 hours prior)

7/11/15- So It has came to my recent attention some of the things going on with Mr Game & Watch in Smash 4 Wii U. After observing EVO's rulesets and reasoning, discussing this with several people, and tinkering around with this myself, I have currently decided to BAN the Game & Watch bucket for Smash 4 Doubles. Filling the bucket is fine but if you attack with the bucket your team will forfeit the current game (not the set) and that game will go to the opposing team.

7/14/15- Removed Kongo Jungle as a counterpick in Smash 4.....that wasn't suppose to be there in the first place lol

7/15/15- OMG Wario Man is banned in PM (NO WAYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Welp. Time to decide NOT to enter out of the 4 main events I sought.

Since PM 3.6b came out, do you wanna update the info to include that, or just stick with 3.5 for the tourney?

Last edited:

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
@ skiboots skiboots as of right now i am thinking 2 stock 6 min with Customs off. Nothing finalized yet. I will have all the rules written up sometime this week.

@ Carls493 Carls493 Yes I intend to use 3.6b for Project M.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
your less than/greater than signs are all backwards, it hurts me.

Also 3 stock 8 minutes is infinitely better, even it does take an extra 3 minutes per match

Last edited:

Aidan kennedy

Smash Rookie
This will be my first tournament hopefully I can make it !!! I am so hype and did my registration work? Please tell me if it didn't because I really want to be in the tourment

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I think I've decided.

Since I know that SoulPech isn't too enthusiastic about Smash 4 from miles away, I'll cut out Smash 4 Doubles from my plan so I can be in P:M Doubles with him and stay in both Singles tourneys of Smash 4 & P:M, myself.

The last time I was in this situation in Michigan, I think I cut out P:M Singles. I'm really aiming to keep supporting both games, but 3 events out of 4 makes me sit and think it over. I guess I could alternate.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Hey I finally added the rules sets for all the games! check them out and let me know if you want to see any changes

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
So It has came to my recent attention some of the things going on with Mr Game & Watch in Smash 4 Wii U. After observing EVO's rulesets and reasoning, discussing this with several people, and tinkering around with this myself, I have currently decided to BAN the Game & Watch bucket for Smash 4 Doubles. Filling the bucket is fine but if you attack with the bucket your team will forfeit the current game (not the set) and that game will go to the opposing team.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Incentive time!!!!! any Singles bracket that has at least 32 entrants AND 8 complete setups I will personally throw an extra $25 dollars in the pot and 4th place will get money! Potentially $75 in pot bonuses among all the events.

Keep in mind its not pre-pay. I will collect all the monies at the door so you can pre-register at any time (the sooner the better)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not attending, but if you're wanting to ban G&W bucket universally you should probably ban Villager's pocket as it does the same thing.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Kongo Jungle 64 is legal in singles? I mean, isn't that supposed to be banned because of it's HUGE blast lines and crazy camping potential and being incredibly polarizing towards characters with poor aerial mobility?

I mean, it's fine. Just don't complain when I live up to 200% as Lucario and kill you at 15% from a bair...

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Kongo Jungle 64 is legal in singles? I mean, isn't that supposed to be banned because of it's HUGE blast lines and crazy camping potential and being incredibly polarizing towards characters with poor aerial mobility?

I mean, it's fine. Just don't complain when I live up to 200% as Lucario and kill you at 15% from a bair...
It is supposed to be banned.... did that slip in? Whoops I thought I deleted it. I should proof read these things before posting them lol. I will tweak it right now

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
I'm trying to get our scene interested in coming.

Also, may I suggest you ban WarioMan in PM? That could lead to a nasty situation if you don't explicitly state it.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Live? no. Internet is really bad at that location. We have tried streaming many times in the past at that location and it has failed miserably

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
True. The rules were written before 3.6b came out so I didn't tweak ALL the details. I changed the main ones people pay attention to like stage list and............

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
NEOH should be bringing at least 1 car. Although I gotta say, the rule about G&W bucket seems somewhat targeted at Muhawk...

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
NEOH should be bringing at least 1 car. Although I gotta say, the rule about G&W bucket seems somewhat targeted at Muhawk...
The logic behind it is that the "official" (and I use those quotes loosely) EVOs Smash 4 Doubles tournament has set that. Personally, I don't think it merits banning, but that's just me. I play neither of those characters.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Don't get me wrong. I really hate it. He teams with Cilvanis and three mario fireballs can kill at like 30% and he's invulnerable for a few frames while filling the bucket. I think it's somewhate manageable though. I haven't seen him team with a Sheik yet though so who knows.

TdownerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
OctoNomial
3DS FC
2767-0632-8974
Should I pre-registor even if i'm not sure I can make it?

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
I have spent hours consulting multiple top Ohio players (Suyon and Katakiri are 2 examples) and essentially came down to the same conclusion in regards to G&W. Trust me I not a huge fan of doing things like banning and removing things epically at one of my projected bigger events. However, that invulnerability kills it! If he wasn't invincible during bucket then it would be WAY less of a hassle to deal with (or if simply it doesn't insta-kill or kill at 25-30% with a 2 stock ruleset).

@ TdownerX TdownerX Yes go ahead and register. Much easier to remove you from pools if you don't show than add you. Also email me or message me if it turns out you wont be able to attend.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm 100% confirmed for this, now.

As far as traveling goes, the only help I would need with that is for someone to take me home from Donatos.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
So, I notice Melee is listed as an event, but not in the schedule. Am I missing something, or...?

Last edited:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
This will be the second time I will have played with humans in PM 3.6b, assuming I make it to Packrat tomorrow (which will be the 1st).

If anyone wants to coax me into a MM they might win due to my severe inexperience, this will be the place.

Top Bottom