• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Jul 22, 2017] The Big Blue: NJ Charity Smash 4 Tournament! (Edison, NJ)

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy

The Big Blue is BACK and ready for action! The Big Blue is a Smash 4 Charity tournament, will all proceeds going towards the Childs Play Charity! The tournament is located on the wonderful Middlesex County College campus inside the College Center (Cafe B & C). The college offers many walkways and open areas for a relaxing time with the addition of a several food restaurants located around the campus! Worried about parking? No problem, the college offers hundreds of FREE parking spaces for attendees! Hope to see you playing for a good cause, as well as for the glorious pot!

Partnered with
The Geek Index Association

Streamed By
Team Momentum

Lead TOs
Jaren T. Haskins, Kelvin Ignacio Núñez

Information
Registration for the tournament is On-Site so please make sure to be here before the schedule tournament times you want to compete in (Read Below). We will begin without you if you do not make it in time!

Fees
Venue Fee: 1$ min. - 5$ max
All venue fee proceeds will be going towards the Child's Play (charity)!
Entree Fee: 5$
Spectators: Free Admission!

Wii U + TV Setups
Equipment is INCREDIBLY NEEDED for this tournament, so if you can spare a Wii U + Television for our tournament, please let our TO's know. We are striving for at least 10 - 15 Setups!

Wii U's must include all wires (power cord and HDMI cable included) and Gamepad!

Televisions/Monitors must be LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 32" and NON-LAGGY. For more information on lag and finding out whether or not your television is laggy, check this website: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Stream
https://www.twitch.tv/mmttournament

When
December 2nd 2017

12:00 PM - Doors Open/Friendlies
1:00 PM - Registration for Doubles and Singles begin
NOTE: Please be here as early as possible for registration!
3:00 PM - Wii U Doubles Tournament Begins
5:00 PM - Wii U Singles Tournament Begins

All times are approximations & subject to change.

Refund Policy
There is a NO REFUND policy for this tournament!

DQs will be swift and handed out accordingly. If there is a dispute, the head TOs will look into the matter and have the final call.

Rules Page
We are following the official Smash 4 ruleset, which can be located here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CFaeel_cVIImEZ7ZrIrb_fSva5H3tsN24yp2INyrVLE/edit

Food
There are several small and affordable food establishments located around the campus, such as:

Subway
Wawa's
Franchesca Pizza
Kwong's Cafe

If you are willing to drive out a lil further, the college is located near Route 1/9. Route 1/9 is FILLED with food establishments from which you can choose from.

Parking
Parking can be found on the Campus Grounds in Parking Lots 6 (It says 16 on the webpage below buts its actually 6), Lot 5, and Lot 4.

For a map view, please follow this link: https://www.middlesexcc.edu/campus-map/

Payout Structure

16 - 47 Entrants: (Top 3)

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

48 - 95 Entrants: (Top 4)

1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

96 - 127 Entrants: (Top 6)

1st - 45%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%/5%

128 - 255 Entrants: (top 8)

1st - 40%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%/5%
7th - 2.5%/2.5%

If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with us at any time!​

Last edited:

xoFROOT

Smash Rookie
NNID
spinthesky
There are people here waiting outside the building listed here. It's locked and no one is inside... is this still being held?

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
There are people here waiting outside the building listed here. It's locked and no one is inside... is this still being held?
Hello xFroot,

First and foremost, I want to apologize for you guys driving over to the location. This event had been cancelled for almost a month now. We issued a notice on Facebook, cancelled the event on smash.gg, and issued a notice on Twitter but it seems that our message didnt reach everybody. I apologize incredibly for this inconvenience..

We have rescheduled this tournament for a later date and I hope you all can attend when the time comes. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you,
Kelvin Nunez

Last edited:
Top Bottom