• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 11, 2015] Esports Initiative Presents : Screw It | Kirbacide (Columbus, Ohio)

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Registration is Open: http://go.osu.edu/ScrewItReg
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JULY 9TH AT MIDNIGHT

Screw It | Kirbacide
A Regional Smash 4, and Project M Tournament
July 11th, 2015
Columbus, OH

Introduction

We have experience with events ranging from 100-400 in size and with the recent success of Shuffle VII we are looking to host monthly smaller events! Smash 4 and Project M will all be streamed with commentary by local talent. The Columbus Smash Scene has grown tremendously over the past few years and we are responding to the passion shown by our community in Ohio by hosting such a huge event. I hope you will consider coming to our event because we have so much to offer!
  • Columbus Community - We have one of the biggest Smash scenes and best Smashers in the Midwest.
  • Spectating is free of charge.
  • Our TO Staff has been through a lot together and our experience will provide a quality experience.

- Venue -

Interfaith and Prayer Room (3rd Floor) at the Ohio Union on The Ohio State University's Campus
1739 N High St.
Columbus, OH 43210

Travel:

PARKING:
  • There are many parking spots available for free along the east side (facing towards high street), especially with school being out.
  • OSU has numerous parking garages located right next to the Union if you feel uncomfortable finding parking East of High Street.
  • East 10th through East 15th are your best options for finding free parking (it will be about a 5 minute walk to the Union)

Food:
Many food options inside the Ohio Union, with multiple other options such as:

Apollos (Greek), Raising Canes (Fried Chicken), Blaze Pizza, Chipotle, Five Guys, and Subway in walking distance.

- Money -
Preregistration Only!

Singles $10 per event
Doubles $10 per event

100% Payout per event

- Venue Fee of $10

We are offering a discounted venue fee of $5 if you commit to bringing a setup.

No charge for spectators

Singles & Doubles Payouts
100% per event payout
Breakdown will be added later

- Registration -

Online Pre-registration is a requirement for all of those who will be attending, NO EXCEPTIONS.
In order for us to run an effective tournament there will be no registration at the door.

Registrations are refundable if you let us know by 6PM July 10th, if you wish to change a Doubles teammate email us at esportsinitiative@gmail.com by July 10th. Registration deadline is also July 10th by 6PM.

http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51536425928966

- Schedule -
TBA:

Smash 4 10:00 AM
Project M Doubles 10:00 AM
Project M Singles 12:00 PM
Smash 4 Doubles 12:00 PM
Smash 4 and Project M Bracket 2:00PM

List of Events (4 total)

Smash 4 Singles
Smash 4 Doubles
Project M Singles
Project M Doubles

- Rules -

4 Stock, 8:00 Minute Timer
All Items Set to OFF, Item Frequency set to NONE
Input Assist set to OFF
Ties after time limit is reached are determined by stocks, then percentage
You cannot counter-pick any stage you have won on unless it's agreed upon by the opponent.
The TO Staff reserves the right to change rule sets prior to the event.

Stage Striking
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Starter
Battlefield
Dreamland
Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville

Counterpick
Final Destination
Warioware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

For Pool Matches, to determine who gets out of pools it goes by Sets, games, head to head.

* 3 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Custom Moves are not allowed.
* No Mii Fighters
* Custom Equipment is banned.
* You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Best out of 5 sets will only have one ban
* All finals sets are best out of 5

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “2-3-1″ fashion:
1. First player strikes two stages.
2. Second player strikes three stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stage list: 2 Bans
Starters:
-Battlefield/MiiVerse
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Dreamland
-Final Destination (Including all Omega)
-Duck Hunt
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Castle Siege

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Operators ( Dylan Fraley, Mark Ebert, Derek Spinell, and Brett Hutton) reserve the right to remove you from the venue at their discretion for any reason. Note: ESI and its members, the Ohio State Student Union and its affiliates, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event, nor will they be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy. Side Note Many people require housing for this event, since it is two days. If you are able to help any of the following people or groups with housing, definitely contact them and let them know!

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Seems like it would be fun, but I just set plans for an anime convention that's happening on that weekend :/

Though to be honest, I'd be a lot more interested if this were 3 stocks for Smash 4. But I'm not gonna make it so whatever.

BlitzkriegDeity

Smash Rookie
I'm interested. I'd be even more willing to go if it was 3 stocks, 8 minutes.
Right now, it seems that this is a one-day event. Even Shuffle VII, though well-run, had to have GF in a place other than the venue due to the 7pm time limit. Brackets even started as early as 10am. Even with a smaller amount of entrants, I doubt a measly 10 hours will permit enough time for 3 stocks 8 minutes.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Right now, it seems that this is a one-day event. Even Shuffle VII, though well-run, had to have GF in a place other than the venue due to the 7pm time limit. Brackets even started as early as 10am. Even with a smaller amount of entrants, I doubt a measly 10 hours will permit enough time for 3 stocks 8 minutes.
I've seen it happen. The main issue is starting on time. Which I've never seen happen. Which imo, needs to happen and should happen.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
With Dreamland now being a pretty likely new Neutral will that be affecting the stagelist in any way?

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Guys. There's 3 weeks till the tournament. Is 2 stock set in stone? Myself and I'm sure other players would REALLY like this to be 3 stock and if enough people want to change the rules, it needs to be now before the tourney is too close to change the rules.

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
Dose anyone in pr wana team for doubles? I might be going

Legioneer

Smash Rookie
I'm not normally in the area but i'm visiting family and want to attend this tourney. I play PM and would like a doubles partner. If anyone is interested please let me know so I can sign up before registration closes.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Dose anyone in pr wana team for doubles? I might be going
I might not have a partner if you don't find anyone else by thursday hit me up and I'll team with ya if I'm free. I play a good sheik and R.O.B.

Xanesane

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xanesane
I might not have a partner if you don't find anyone else by thursday hit me up and I'll team with ya if I'm free. I play a good sheik and R.O.B.
Sorry I'm not going to kirbyside after all stuff came up

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
That feel when you cancel plans to go to this because it says "melee tournament" in the opening text of the thread, but then it isn't actually a melee tournament so you canceled for nothing... You guys should probably fix that.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
That feel when you cancel plans to go to this because it says "melee tournament" in the opening text of the thread, but then it isn't actually a melee tournament so you canceled for nothing... You guys should probably fix that.
Wooooow, I didn't notice that.
That's no good.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Yeah, they essentially copy-paste their OP's from tournament to tournament and don't bother to check to see if the info is even relevant lol. It also says it's a two-day event at the bottom of the OP, which it definitely isn't.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Everything ended working out, but required some awkward un-canceling. Thanks for updating the first post, try to keep it accurate in the future lol.

Top Bottom