• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 11, 2015] ECHO 2015 Summer, for SSB64, MELEE, PM, and SM4SH! (Ottawa, Ontario)

Florence

Smash Cadet
ECHO 2015 SUMMER

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ECHO-Smash-Bros-Tournaments/571962399588176

Last winter we held a massive tournament for 64, Melee, and PM, with attendants from most of the way across Canada. This time around, we've included Smash 4, and expect some even more exciting events!

Information:

On July, 11th, 2015, we will be hosting a 64, Melee, PM, and Smash 4 event in the Marriott Courtyard on Dalhousie St.

Venue: 350 Dalhousie Street, Marriott Courtyard

Venue Fee: 10$

64 Singles: 10$
64 Doubles: 10$ (per Team)

Melee Singles: 10$ (-5 if you bring a full setup (CRT, Cube, Disk))

PM Singles: 10$
PM Doubles: 10$ (per Team)

Smash 4 Singles: 10$
Smash 4 Doubles: 10$

If we have high enough attendance, we may run pools in some events.

If you have any elements of a setup (TVs, Consoles, Carts, CDs, ...) please label and bring them to the event. We want enough setups to have friendlies be able to comfortable be going on during the event.

Schedule:

9:00 am : Venue Opens

10:00 am : Registration Begins

11:00 am : Sm4sh Doubles Begins
Melee Singles Begins

12:00 pm: PM Singles Begin

1:00 pm: 64 doubles Begins

3:00 pm: 64 Singles Begins
Sm4sh Singles Begins

Venue Closes at 8pm.

Rules:

SSB64: ----------------------------------
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/smash64/
Standard apex ruleset, but Dreamland as the only legal stage.

SSBM: -----------------------------------
Standard Apex Ruleset.
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Top 8 will be best of 5 sets. Everything else will be played in a best of 3 set.

For Singles:

If there are more than 35 entrants, Top 5 will be paid out in a distribution as follows:

1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% x 2

If there are less than 35 entrants, Top 3 will be paid out in a distribution as follows:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

For Doubles:

Top 3 will be paid out in a distribution as follows:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Between Singles and Doubles, there will be potentially be an exhibition event of either a crew battle or a salty suite. Therefore, deviant behaviour during Singles will have zero tolerance and will result in a DQ. If a TO has asked you to remove yourself from a setup for tournament matches, this must be done immediately.

If you need to leave for food, please inform a TO first to see if it is acceptable to leave at that appropriate time.

For any matches that are called out, a 5 min time limit will become effective upon the first call for both players to begin the set. If one of the players are not present, the absent player will automatically forfeit the match and be sent to losers/knocked out. Top player privilege is non-existent.

Preregistration link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NK3JHHzv2TGrptYcwqd0x1l5hDiRvzjkXZ_bL1Hltbw/edit#gid=0

PM: -------------------------------
TBA

All prize money will be distributed in a 60-30-10 split, save for Melee as explained above.

The TO reserves the right to DQ players for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

64 TO: Mega
Melee TO: Vanitas
PM TO: BRodz/Sovva
Smash 4 TO: PND Mike

Streams:
TBA

Last edited:

Vanitas

Smash Ace
As the acting TO for Melee, here is the information dump (if you can edit these into the post Revan, that would be great):

Standard Apex Ruleset.
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Top 8 will be best of 5 sets. Everything else will be played in a best of 3 set.

For Singles:

Top 5 will be paid out in a distribution as follows:

1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% x 2

For Doubles:

Top 3 will be paid out in a distribution as follows:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Between Singles and Doubles, there will be potentially be an exhibition event of either a crew battle or a salty suite. Therefore, deviant behaviour during Singles will have zero tolerance and will result in a DQ. If a TO has asked you to remove yourself from a setup for tournament matches, this must be done immediately.

If you need to leave for food, please inform a TO first to see if it is acceptable to leave at that appropriate time.

For any matches that are called out, a 5 min time limit will become effective upon the first call for both players to begin the set. If one of the players are not present, the absent player will automatically forfeit the match and be sent to losers/knocked out. Top player privilege is non-existent.

Preregistration link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NK3JHHzv2TGrptYcwqd0x1l5hDiRvzjkXZ_bL1Hltbw/edit#gid=0

Please bring setups if you can. See you all there!

Last edited:

AL1

Smash Rookie
:bubblebobble: hi
I may be coming
Can one person be in both ssb4 and Melee?
I'd really appreciate a spare gamecube controller, mine is a crappy forge
Thank you in advance:awesome:
never been to a tournament b4... the hype is real

Florence

Smash Cadet
:bubblebobble: hi
I may be coming
Can one person be in both ssb4 and Melee?
I'd really appreciate a spare gamecube controller, mine is a crappy forge
Thank you in advance:awesome:
never been to a tournament b4... the hype is real
After paying the venue fee, you can enter as many events as you would like. You would have to either ask on the facebook page or on venue for a controller, I'm not sure how many are available.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
If there are insufficient setups for smash4 I can bring an additional since I live quite close by to the venue. How many are you predicting as of now?

Top Bottom