• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Jul 10, 2015] What The Fox: A prep to EVO Featuring M2K, Armada, and S0ft.... (Memphis, TN)

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice

What. The. Fox: Prep to EVO
July 10-11, 2015

Sponsored by:

Streamed by:

*INTRODUCTION*

From the city that originally broke the Guinness World Record for playing Smash Bros. the longest brings you What The Fox: A prep to EVO.

What started off as a conversation topic amongst friends and TOs while eating dinner after a Smash tournament is blowing up to be the biggest Mid-South Smash tournament in the region. WTFox is a new annual tournament coming soon to the Cook Convention Center in Memphis TN, July 10th-11th and will be professionally ran by Mid-South’s own Smash Community at Anime Blues Con.

WTFox features some of the world's best players including Mew2King, Armada, S0ft, Iori, and more with a pot bonus broken into 3 tiers, ranging from $3,500-$6,500.

*POT BONUS INFORMATION*

Pot Bonus for WTFox will be split between three tiers. The winners from each division will win the total Bonus Pot of their division along with regular pot money.

Tier 1 is $3,500 and split between the following:

Melee Singles - $1500
Melee Teams - $1000
Sm4sh Wii U Singles - $500
PM Singles - $300
PM Teams - $200

If attendance surpasses 250 online entrants (regardless of whether signed up for any specific tournament), the pot changes to tier 2.

Tier 2 is $4,500 and split between the following:

Melee Singles - $1700
Melee Teams - $1200
Sm4sh Wii U Singles - $700
PM Singles - $500
PM Teams - $400

If attendance surpasses 500 online entrants (regardless of whether signed up for any specific tournament), the pot changes to tier 3.

Tier 3 is $6,500 and split between the following:

Melee Singles - $2500
Melee Teams - $2000
Sm4sh Wii U Singles - $900
PM Singles - $600
PM Teams - $500

*LOCATION*

Memphis Cook Convention Center
255 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103

WTFox is proud to host its first tournament at the Cook Convention Center in Memphis TN July 10th-11th. Although this tournament will be at Anime Blues Con, WTFox will be held in the Grand Ballroom E, which has over 2800 square feet of space and over 25' high ceilings. This will be enough to comfortably host well over 500 people and would allow more than 150 setups with plenty of walk space.

250 North Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103
Phone: (901) 527-7300

You can now reserve your rooms for the group rate of $125/night at the newly renovated Sheraton, our host hotel. Connected to the Convention Center, stay close to where all the action is going to be!

Use "Anime Blues" if reserving your hotel via phone to receive your discount or if you're booking your room online, just use this link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1501203274&key=1AB562E6

Features:

Wireless High-Speed internet access in all guest rooms (Complementary)

Indoor heated pool

Valet Parking ($22 per day)

Shuttle Service within surrounding areas (Limited)

Safe Deposit Boxes

100% Non-Smoking Rooms and Facilities

Express Check-Out

32-inch Flat Screen HDTV's with Cable

Plus many other amenities you come to expect

If traveling by car, since this will be downtown, parking can be a little expensive unless reserving a hotel room or parking a little bit away from the venue. There are many many parking options for the downtown area though.

If flying in, we recommend using the Lyft service as it would be much cheaper than paying for a taxi to the Memphis Cook Convention Center.

There are a lot of food options since this will be downtown. Most restaurants here will be non food-chains but the food will be better tasting. Most places deliver downtown and some places will be giving discounts for this event. More details on this soon.

*REGISTRATION*

Online registration is mandatory; no transactions will be allowed at the door. Registration cut off date will be June 15th to allow time to properly set up pools for the tournament and post them in advance.

Events:
Melee Singles - double elimination pools into a double-elimination bracket
Melee Teams - straight double-elimination bracket
Smash 4 Singles - double elimination pools into a double-elimination bracket
PM Singles - double elimination pools into a double-elimination bracket
PM Teams - straight double-elimination bracket

Key Dates:
March 1: Registration opens
June 15: Registration deadline

Note: Melee and Smash 4 will be the main tournaments being ran while PM will be the side tournament. It will be streamed but only locally. Melee and Smash 4 will be streamed by Smash Studios only.

*SCHEDULE*

Tournament Schedule (Central Time)

Friday, July 10
9am Venue Opens
11am Smash Bros. Wii U Pools
12pm Smash Bros. Melee Teams
4pm Project Melee Teams
6pm Smash Bros. Melee Pools
7-8pm Food/Break

Saturday, July 11
10am Smash Bros. Wii U Top 16 Bracket
11am Project Melee Pools
2pm Smash Bros. Melee Singles Top 32 Bracket
7-8pm Food/Break
8pm Project Melee Singles Top 16 Bracket

*RULES*

Game Specific Rules:
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit

• Items are disabled.

• Double Blind is offered at request
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned

• Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.

• Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

• Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.

• A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.

• Playing as Master Hand is banned
Starters/Neutral Stages:
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick Stages:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Game Specific Rules:
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit

• Items are disabled.

• Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned

• Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.

• Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

• You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.

• A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.

• Playing as Master Hand is banned

• Friendly Fire enabled

• Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
Starters/Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dream Land
  • Pokemon Stadium
Game Specific Rules:
  • 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled
  • No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
  • Double Blind is offered at request
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on
  • Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
  • If a match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock.
  • Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • No Giga Bowser (This should go without saying. SoPo is fine).
Starters/Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Counterpick Stages:
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Final Destination
  • Warioware
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Dream Land 64
Game Specific Rules:
  • 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Team Attack enabled
  • Sharing stocks is allowed
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser is banned
Starters/Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Distant Planet
Counterpick Stages:
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Final Destination
  • Warioware
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Dream Land 64
Game Specific Rules:
  • 2 stock, 6 Minutes, Items set to off
  • Custom moves are allowed
  • Best of 3, Finals Best of 5
  • No excessive stalling
  • Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
Starters/Neutral Stages:
  • Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
Counterpick Stages:
  • Castle Seige
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town & City
  • Omega Stages (if Final Destination is banned, Omega stages are also)
  • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.

• Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike

• Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.

• The players play the first match of the set

• Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.

• The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.

• The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

• The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

• The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.

• The next match is played

• Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No taking of any item that does not belong to that player. Anyone caught taking anything that does not belong to them without the owner's permission will be disqualified from the event and evicted from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • All disqualifications due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning the disqualified player will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if late for a pools match.
  • The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured game play footage.
  • The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the events' use or publication of photographs taken of you.
  • The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
  • The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
  • The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
Payouts will be made in cash immediately following each tournament win. If requested to have a check instead, that can be arranged as well as Paypal. However with Paypal, the fee associated with Paypal will come out of the requester's end.

Payouts for Smash 4 and PM will be split split between the top 6 players as follows: 40%/25%/15%/10%/5%/5%. Winners in each division will receive the Bonus Pot money listed for their division along with payout. Smash Bros. Melee will have top 8 payouts and will be split as follows: 55%/20%/10%/5%/3%/3%/2%/2%

http://wtfox.animeblues.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1024620414230660

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/WhatTheFox_

Last edited:

zZz

Smash Apprentice
This is going to be so hype! It's been a long time since there has been a major tournament in the South. I hear a lot of big name players are coming out for this.

djmath

Smash Apprentice
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First memphis national tournament since INNSOMNIA

where are you at?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Is there any chance that the ruleset for Smash 4 could change allowing Miis? I can understand no customs/having them off but why no Miis?

I would really love to go to this.

Guest Miis should be allowed!

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I'll try my best to be there, but... ain't it kind of off about leaving customs off for Sm4sh? If this is an EVO prep, shouldn't they be on?

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Uh... ya'll didn't mean to leave the Miis banned, right? I don't mean that in a rude way or nothing.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
this is going to be hyped! i'll most likely be there since im not that far from there.

ready to play some smash brudders again!

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Im going for sure now, i cant wait!

Are we going to have to use provided controllers such as gamecube ones or can we bring our own like the pro controller and such?

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Hey KyroChao, people bring their own controllers for this and most other smash tournaments. As long as it doesn't have any mods and or anything to give any player an unfair advantage.

Fanincapse

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3024-7442-7918
After giving it it bit of thought, I have decided to change it to customs being allowed.
I have a question. I registered to go, and it asked us to put our real name. I did, but in the tournament, I want to go by the name of YoshiMaStar. How will that work?

Ocho

Smash Rookie
Just got into the scene this year and considering Memphis is my home this seems as good a tournament as any to go to for my first. I'll edit this post later with all my favorite places to eat and go out; it's really easy to get the wrong idea about the city if you don't go to the right places

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
So the registration was a bit confusing and I wasn't sure what kind of ticket to pay for. Eventually I think I got it figured out, but I realized after I payed that I had signed up to be bringing a setup. This is false, however, and I will not be able to bring a setup. Just wanted to let you know in order to avoid any possible confusion. I hope that's not too much trouble.

Excited to see you all there!

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
So the registration was a bit confusing and I wasn't sure what kind of ticket to pay for. Eventually I think I got it figured out, but I realized after I payed that I had signed up to be bringing a setup. This is false, however, and I will not be able to bring a setup. Just wanted to let you know in order to avoid any possible confusion. I hope that's not too much trouble.

Excited to see you all there!
Hey that's not going to cause any trouble. If you don't have a setup, you would just not be refunded $5.00 but it's not an issue at all :)

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. I registered to go, and it asked us to put our real name. I did, but in the tournament, I want to go by the name of YoshiMaStar. How will that work?
Yeah we discussed this and now you're set to go. If you do have any other issues, feel free to send a message or post here.

Top Bottom