• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Juice Gaming presents: Concentrate II Results!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Please correct me if I'm wrong on any character choices. A character only counts if you won with them.

Brawl Doubles (22 Entrants)

1: Dabuz and ADHD ($132.00) :olimar: and :diddy:
2: Salem and Anti ($66.00) :zerosuitsamus: and :diddy::wario:
3: Will and Kingtoon ($22.00) :dk2: and :toonlink:
4: juice.Ally and HolyNightmare :snake: and :rob:
5: Vinnie and Atomsk :gw: and :dedede::wario:
5: Nairo and juice.Zucco :falco::dk2: and :lucario:
7: juice.Doom and juice.Shadow :pit: and :wario:
7: Keitaro and Squall :falco: and :snake:
9: Kai and Gunblade :diddy::sonic: and :snake:
9: Pane and NinjaLink :wolf: and...no idea
9: Dil and Deven3000 :rob: and :kirby2:
9: Pelca and Bloodcross :snake::fox: and :snake:
13: juice.dmbrandon and juice.Nicole :mario2: and :peach:
13: Steph and MIB :kirby2: and :wario:
13: Jband and False :luigi2: and :snake:
13: Riz and Almo :marth: and :marth:
17: John#s and Penta :lucario: and :gw:
17: Solar and Lunar :lucas: and :falco: (not sure)
17: Gildo and Winky :diddy: and :marth:
17: Clutch and VaJaJ :wario: and :gw::dedede:
17: D1 and Xivk :falco: and :lucario:
17: vVv ChiboSempai and Ish :rob: and :wolf:

Brawl Singles (57 Entrants)

1: Dabuz ($285.00) :olimar:
2: Vinnie ($142.50) :gw::popo:
3: juice.Ally ($85.50) :snake::falco:
4: ADHD ($28.50) :diddy:
5: Salem ($14.25) :zerosuitsamus:
5: HolyNightmare ($14.25) :rob:
7: Kingtoon :toonlink:
7: Atomsk :dedede::falco::popo:
9: vVv ChiboSempai :rob:
9: Will :dk2:
9: Nairo :falco::dk2:
9: Nakat :fox::popo:
13: Squall :snake:
13: Jband :falco::popo::luigi2::snake:
13: Ninjalink :diddy::popo::rob:
13: vVv Pelca :falco::fox:
17: Kai :sonic::diddy:
17: Deltacod :yoshi2:
17: Dil :rob:
17: juice.Nicole :peach:
17: juice.Shadow :falco:
17: Dekillsage :snake:
17: Bloodcross :falco::snake:
17: vVv Cheese :popo::kirby2:
25: Gunblade :snake::marth:
25: Keitaro :falco:
25: Sails :diddy:
25: Dark.Pch :peach:
25: John12346 :lucario:
25: Ish :wolf:
25: False :snake:
25: MIB :wario:
33: Royal :snake:
33: Penta :gw:
33: Clutch :wario:
33: Deven3000 :kirby2:
33: Solbadguy (not sure)
33: Almo :marth:
33: Phillyrider :diddy:
33: Bleachigo :falco:
33: Ghost :kirby2:
33: Phoenix Lord :pikachu2:
33: Zorai :marth:
33: VaJaJ :gw:
33: Riz :marth:
33: Troncat :toonlink:
33: Xivk :lucario:
33: Cyanide :zerosuitsamus::pit:
49: Luigisama :luigi2:
49: Pane :wolf:
49: Solar (not sure)
49: Heavy Garbage :marth:
49: Gildo :diddy:
49: BSChung :dedede:
49: Zelz (not sure)
49: Lunar (not sure)
49: Winky :marth:

One Stock Invitational (15 Entrants)

1: juice.Ally ($45.00) :snake::falco:
2: ADHD ($15.00) :diddy:
3: HolyNightmare :rob:
3: Salem :zerosuitsamus:
5: Anti :diddy::wario:
5: Atomsk :wario::dedede:
5: Dabuz :olimar:
5: juice.Shadow :falco:
9: Will :dk2:
9: juice.dmbrandon :mario2:
9: Kai :diddy::sonic:
9: Nairo :falco:
9: juice.Doom :pit::falco:
9: Nakat :fox:
9: Jband (not sure)

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this a great event! Concentrate III will be on December 10, 2011!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Ridiculously diverse character representation in the top spots.
The best 4 MKs in the world are me, Ally, Anti, and Nairo. All 4 of us live on EC, going to EC tournaments all the time.

The best 4 Olimars in the world are Dabuz, Rich Brown, Brood, and Nietono. One lives on EC.

The best 4 Diddies in the world are ADHD, Gnes, Felix, and idk who would be 4th (prolly anti?). Two live on EC, but only One enters as Diddy here.

The best 4 Snakes in the world are Ally, Razer, MVD, and Havok or Fatal (probably Fatal)? One (or two) live on EC (but only One was here).

The best 4 ICs in the world are Vinnie, 9b, Kakera, and Lain. One lives on EC.

Diverse results are ---- GUARANTEED --- at these East Coast MK banned tournaments as a result, no matter how you slice it, due to that. You took out the 4 best MK players in the world, who all happened to live in the same region, where only one of the top 4 for each other top tier character is present. It's guaranteed to happen due to that alone, every single time. And it will always be diverse, every single time, just like this, because of who the top players of each character use and where they live. There are plenty of really good characters, and MK is not nearly as broken as you all seem to think. You fight the top 4 in the -WORLD- here, on a daily basis. You have seen the best of the best the character has to offer, where 2 of these players (Anti/Ally) are probably the best overall players in general. You've seen one (sometimes two) of the best of the other characters comparatively. This is why results are GUARANTEED to look like this, EVERY time.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I was underpaid by $5.50, you gave me $137. Dabuz was underpaid by $10, he told me he got $275.

Fun tournament. I was :popo::gw:, not :gw::popo:. Where's Chibo in the results? nvm

@m2k: I honestly don't think there would be 12 different characters in the top 12 (like there are now) if MK was legal. Or even close to it. Probably 6 or 7. lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
That's not going to happen when you have the best 4 MK players in the entire world living in the same region going to the same tournaments. None of what I said about top character representation was untrue. If the East coast had 9b, Kakera, you, and Lain here, without the top MKs, you would all complain about ICs. If you had Dabuz, Nietono, Brood, and Rich brown here you would all complain about Olimar. Etc. I am showing how the "Diverse" you guys speak of, is only because on EC, outside of MK, there happens to be one top representative of each character out of the 4 best players of each.

So Fatal

Smash Master
I was underpaid by $5.50, you gave me $137. Dabuz was underpaid by $10, he told me he got $275.

Fun tournament. I was :popo::gw:, not :gw::popo:. Where's Chibo in the results?

@m2k: I honestly don't think there would be 12 different characters in the top 12 (like there are now) if MK was legal. Or even close to it. Probably 6 or 7. lol
staff people got in for free probably, also nairo outplacing pelca with falco :c

Eazy23

Smash Lord
That diversity is a pretty sight. Jason, chill. Let the people have their moment.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Yeah, but what I am saying is that it's not true diversity. If there was the top 4 ICs, Olimars, Snakes, and Diddies to match the top 4 MKs that we have here, then that would be truely unbiased results. Because of who the top players are and where they happen to live, it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to not be diverse. It's not true diversity though, and doesn't prove anything at all about metaknight because of what I said about locations.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Great job to Chibo getting top 12 after losing out of winners' round 1.

edit: also great job to Dabuz, once again. :)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The best 4 MKs in the world are me, Ally, Anti, and Nairo. All 4 of us live on EC, going to EC tournaments all the time.

The best 4 Olimars in the world are Dabuz, Rich Brown, Brood, and Nietono. One lives on EC.

The best 4 Diddies in the world are ADHD, Gnes, Felix, and idk who would be 4th (prolly anti?). Two live on EC, but only One enters as Diddy here.

The best 4 Snakes in the world are Ally, Razer, MVD, and Havok or Fatal (probably Fatal)? One (or two) live on EC (but only One was here).

Diverse results are ---- GUARANTEED --- at these East Coast MK banned tournaments as a result, no matter how you slice it, due to that. You took out the 4 best MK players in the world, who all happened to live in the same region, where only one of the top 4 for each other top tier character is present. It's guaranteed to happen due to that alone, every single time. And it will always be diverse, every single time, just like this, because of who the top players of each character use and where they live. There are plenty of really good characters, and MK is not nearly as broken as you all seem to think. You fight the top 4 in the -WORLD- here, on a daily basis. You have seen the best of the best the character has to offer, where 2 of these players (Anti/Ally) are probably the best overall players in general. You've seen one (sometimes two) of the best of the other characters comparatively. This is why results are GUARANTEED to look like this, EVERY time.
Cool tirade. Chill out.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
M2K get over it man, these results back up what people want and that's to see a character spread present in the top 9 placings instead of MK MK MK MK. It's not about the brokenness as much as it is over-centralization.

Look at the feedback on these tournies since they all talk about how hype it is, how interesting it was to watch, and how much fun they had. These are not responses you tend to here by the MK ridden NY/NJ tournies. Just get over the fact that people are finally getting a chance to bring out other characters and bring LIFE back to the game. You don't seem to understand the way MK was turning brawl into the least hype most pointless thing to watch.

Every GF's is MK MK and everyone leaves by the time winners semi's is happening except for those who were still in. Now people care about GF's and ACTUALLY stay which is a necessity to this game staying alive, since in no other fighting game do you see people NOT WANTING to see GF's and leaving early.
GF's is where the most hype is supposed to be, not the time when everyone is bored to tears waiting for it to end so people can go home.

MK gone brings hype back to brawl and just because some don't see it and will argue it's not true, it is. Deal with it man John'in ain't changing a damn thing

napZzz

Smash Hero

so what you're saying...is that with mk gone people have to use other characters? I never would've thought!

shoutouts to character diversity and salt2king

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
you guys are ********. What is confusing about what m2k said? He isnt being 'salty' he is just pointing out this diversity has nothing to do with mk ban as a whole but with the specific region. WC wouldnt see much change, look at mikehaze's most recent tourney. MK was not banned and there is only 1 mk in the top 5, tyrant. That tourney had plenty of diversity without mk banned. Its the region in this case.That what he is saying.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
No we did but the fact is that it is diversity whether or not they main those characters because the funny thing is that 2 out of the top 5 play MK. So with him being legal it would have not only put a high probability of them placing higher but would have also changed the characters they we using as a whole.

People understand what your saying, but you never want to hear anything different and throwing salt at everyone who responds to you with a different opinion.

/salt2king

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I died soooo hard when I found Salem knocked out Bleachigo into 33rd.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I have no character for Ice Climbers :( I always get unlucky OOR.

Time to get into the hyperbolic time chamber!

Anyway really fun tournament even when I got 0 hours of sleep. It's funny what I can do when I'm sleep deprived.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
But Coontail, that doesn't prove anything at all about MK. All it's doing is removing half of the EC's best players. Where people live is coincidence. I thought MK was supposed to be the REASON other characters can't compete well based on the argument, but diverse results like these is only because the remaining top players that don't use MK are there without our presence. It's an illusion of diversity and not attributed to MK but the amount and quality of top MKs in the area. Diversity for that reason isn't good and has nothing to do with the character itself is what I am saying.

Btw coontail, I do read what everybody says. I read every word, and consider it, but don't agree with it. If the other characters had the same representation and MK was still dominating I would not argue against this much at all honestly. I wouldn't even be able to. But the way it is right now I feel is wrongly interpreted by many people that only see the results without looking at the things I've said.

edit - smashboards thinks co-on (no hyphen) is a curse apparently

edit 2 - I've said what I had to so I'm gonna go home now (at college atm).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I have to admit it, guys... I've been really emotionally invested in Meta Knight for a very long time. Lots of good times, lots of bad times. It's been difficult to pick up the pieces and move on with my life, but I think I'm finally able to come to terms with Meta Knight being gone forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1uEvyzCmM

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I think we ended up refunding two people and forgot to take them out of the bracket, Vinnie

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
you guys are ********. What is confusing about what m2k said? He isnt being 'salty' he is just pointing out this diversity has nothing to do with mk ban as a whole but with the specific region. WC wouldnt see much change, look at mikehaze's most recent tourney. MK was not banned and there is only 1 mk in the top 5, tyrant. That tourney had plenty of diversity without mk banned. Its the region in this case.That what he is saying.
This.

10chars.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
TKD, Fow, Havok and Tearbear all used MK as a secondary

JTsm

Smash Master
@M2K: 20 chars

@Tournament: This was a pretty awesome tournament to watch, especially from the stream xDDD Salem is my new fav player.

edit: dabuz ***** errbody D;

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
12 different characters in top 12.
holy fliiiiphops!

Seems like a fun event.
Sorry I couldn't get out there. School and what not.

Does December 10th seem like the best idea?
Finals time and what not.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
But Coontail, that doesn't prove anything at all about MK. All it's doing is removing half of the EC's best players. Where people live is coincidence. I thought MK was supposed to be the REASON other characters can't compete well based on the argument, but diverse results like these is only because the remaining top players that don't use MK are there without our presence.
The top players on the EC are all present here tbh, except for you so this whole without our presence concept is only based on you not being there. So the "remaining" top players aka everyone besides you who can play another character were there.

As far as MK being the reason other characters can't compete I'm pretty sure thats what held TL's back and here we are with KingToon in the top 5. No hate to kingtoon but I know how had the MK matchup is for TL and without MK look here he is making top 5 in NY/NJ with MK gone.

Btw coontail, I do read what everybody says. I read every word, and consider it, but don't agree with it. If the other characters had the same representation and MK was still dominating I would not argue against this much at all honestly. I wouldn't even be able to. But the way it is right now I feel is wrongly interpreted by many people that only see the results without looking at the things I've said.[/QUOTE]

You don't seem to get that we live in a region absolutly DOMINATED by MK within high level play. I understand other regions have a lot of MK and their situation is not effected but in our region as your stated

but diverse results like these is only because the remaining top players that don't use MK are there without our presence.
Which shows that way to many of your high level players were using MK, so our region is going to show the most results from the ban. I don't mean to attack you Jason, but your statements that revolve around MK players more revolve around you. All of the power players in NY/NJ were out at this tourny without MK except for you. It always seems to boil down to you being the ONLY EC MK who refuses to play another character yet Atomsk, NAKAT, Vinnie, Nairo, Cheese, Shadow, Ally, Holy, Keitaro, Bloodcross, and Pelca who all have used MK for quite some time along with spanning from NY/NJ to NE have handled this without much of a problem.

You keep bringing up without the presence of the MK main's but they all seem to be here BUT YOU......

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Didn't Ally also use Ice Climbers a good bit or did he just not advance with them? Pretty sure I saw him use them in any case. This tournament and the previous one really make me reconsider how good ICs and Olimar are. Right now the top 3 in Japan is ICs-Olimar-ICs and the same characters apparently even dominate the American ruleset with MK gone.

Watched most of the stream and kind of lost interest near the end, to be honest. I congratulate the winners, don't get me wrong, but I don't really enjoy Olimar vs ICs sets. I also had the feeling ADHD and Ally can do a lot better, but Holy was interesting to watch. Other than that I hope Juice wil start seeing more diversity in top 3 placings, playerwise. Right now it's not very exciting until the top players start playing each other. M2K brings up a reasonable argument in that regard, this tournament was held in the most MK-heavy region in the world. Character diversity has changed dramatically, though the tradeoff lies in the number of contenders. Many of the region's players are effectively nerfed and I hope that will get better to the extent that they're not just quitting the game.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
^ Just trying to point out that M2K brings every MK into this but he is the only player who used high level MK sitting on the sidelines for this event within NY/NJ/NE

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Also, Anti didn't enter singles. 'Nother one of those top MKs not here :p
Not surprised, but would've loved to see him enter.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
1: Dabuz Good stuff getting first. lol at nicole's trash talk on you. You in a car pool is always fun lol. Hmm also that dark souls talk with Will kind of caught my interest I might check this game out.

2: Vinnie Good stuff beating ally and m2k in the same month. I think you have gone Luigi on dabuz :3 jk.

3: juice.Ally Good stuff in doubles and singles. You and your bro are amazing in doubles. If only my brother was into smash as much as I was. I'd challenge you two in a doubles mm.:mario2::luigi2: True mario bros.

4: ADHD No tourney is good without you being there imo. You do some crazy stuff. Lol sorry for quitting out of our friendly. I saw your finger go near the pause button and I assumed were quitting out.

5: Salem good stuff. Try to trip less against ADHD lol.

5: HolyNightmare It was cool seeing you. I felt like asking you if Mr. L was the best luigi, but I'm not sure you know who he is. Also Stroumbert is proud.

7: Kingtoon dat up b always works man lol. Good stuff in doubles with Will.

7: Atomsk Troll ics ditto 2 gud. I'm sure the stream viewers liked it.

9: vVv ChiboSempai ggs. misfire runs on salt. Remember that lol

9: Will Thank you so much for driving me to this. I really appreciated it. I'll return the favor someday. Also lol blacula, smackula. Oh thanks for the info on parking. you made it sound less complicated.

9: Nairo You will never be limited. You're on the PR for a reason. Good stuff.

9: Nakat lol that sucks that atomsk went ics on you. ICs v.s fox is no good just ask ADHD. lol

13: Jband you and dat Biglou status on Ninjalink.

13: Ninjalink Lol you and your jokes. You made that carpool fun with those dumb videos. I gotta play you again. Also I was hoping to see a brawl trivia contest between you and John would have been cool to see.

17: Deltacod Was cool seeing you. Good luck on that home situation. I thought you were going to beat squall :( but no Bloshi go bye bye.

17: juice.Nicole Heckler. Leave dabuz ALONE!!!! lol

17: Dekillsage ggs man. I hope you enjoyed your prostate exams (fsmash)

17: Bloodcross lol falco 2 gud, cgs are never required especially against Ally. Also I lol'ed so hard when you said "I do whatever the F I want." lol

17: vVv Cheese I didn't see no cheese and crackers grabs. :(

25: Gunblade I wanted to see some ganon. :/

25: Keitaro I hope you found your way into the venue. lol

25: Dark.Pch Yo that was whack. lol good stuff against Salem I really thought you were going to win.

25: John12346 John numbahs. Tetris king of Will's car. Also good luck getting the most legit plushie.

33: Bleachigo shoruyken to misfire is tru combo :p. Darn bad luck hit you in this tourney.

Shoutouts to Thunderstorm. Was cool hanging out with you. Sharing that pizza pie was worth it. I wish I had more money to drink my 49th place shame/Salt away lol. Sucks that you got mindgamed by the north NJ highways.

Shoutouts to NJ mcdonalds on not giving Will's carpool mcdonald stickers. Also for only serving Quarter pounders and not cheeseburgers. Lastly for giving Will's carpool one straw.

Shoutouts to the girl in that car that almost hit Will's car. Will you should have hit her and gotten her "information" :p

Shoutouts to outrageous toll prices

Shoutouts to Pierce and Dmbrandon for good commentary

Shoutouts to the asian lady at the venue that sprayed fabreeze. She knows what's up.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I think a lot of it had to do to the fact that you literally saw way too much mk far far more than any other character in the game. At least for me lol

Almo

Smash Ace
I only won with :snake: in doubles

I won with :marth: and :dedede: in singles

I had a blast at this. Looking forward to the next one if i can make it :)

Top Bottom