• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hello everyone. So....

I don’t know if any of you guys saw in the social thread but I’m taking of a rather Strange project as an exercise in game design. I’m doing a Warner Bros (plus a few extra) and Persona crossover in the style of Kingdom Hearts. Kind of. It’s more complicated than that. I’ve been talking with Osby via DM, and he gave me a brief rundown on Persona to get me started and i’ve got a pretty lengthy base concept. While he liked what I wrote, he didn’t feel like he was in in an optimum position to give feedback, and suggested I come and ask here. This post is LONG though, so I don’t want to put it here unless people want me to. I don’t want to be a bother.

Does anyone want to help out? And if you do, how do you want to do it? Post here? DM? A separate thread?

Please respond.
With Love,
Jennifer. An aspiring game designer asking for help.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, I was thinking.

It's a common speculation that Joker's colors will be based of the other Phantom Thieves. But when you think about it, both Morgana and Makoto have similar color schemes to default Joker, being mostly black with different underlying color tones. Maybe, instead of representing all the Phantom Thieves, Sakurai will instead put in the normal School Uniform as an alt costume.
There's already a fair amount of alt costumes for him (and the other characters), so I feel like they'll probably split it. Phantom Thieves Joker, Student Uniform, Yusuke Colors (School Uniform variant), Ryuuji colors (School Uniform variant), Futuba Colors (School Uniform variant), Ann Colors (Phantom Thief variant), Noir Colors (Phantom Thief variant), Akechi Colors (Phantom Thief variant).

And as for the question for taunts and victory poses, let's see:
Taunt 1: Pose with Arsene looming behind him
Taunt 2: Pose with Jack Frost beside him
Taunt 3: Pose with Morgana hopping onto his shoulder

Victory Screen 1: Adjusts glove after all out Attack (with the successful All-Out Attack finish screen behind him)
Victory Screen 2: Caroline appears and kicks Joker through a gate into the Velvet Room
Victory Screen 3: Joker's walking away after victory as Mona (in bus form) pulls up alongside him

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hello everyone. So....

I don’t know if any of you guys saw in the social thread but I’m taking of a rather Strange project as an exercise in game design. I’m doing a Warner Bros (plus a few extra) and Persona crossover in the style of Kingdom Hearts. Kind of. It’s more complicated than that. I’ve been talking with Osby via DM, and he gave me a brief rundown on Persona to get me started and i’ve got a pretty lengthy base concept. While he liked what I wrote, he didn’t feel like he was in in an optimum position to give feedback, and suggested I come and ask here. This post is LONG though, so I don’t want to put it here unless people want me to. I don’t want to be a bother.

Does anyone want to help out? And if you do, how do you want to do it? Post here? DM? A separate thread?

Please respond.
With Love,
Jennifer. An aspiring game designer asking for help.
Sounds ambitious; the idea sounds cool (and a legal nightmare if you follow through with it lol). I'm willing to give input; PM is probably better so you can organize thoughts better. Posting here will probably lead to a bunch of conflicting opinions (plus you'll be able to judge each opinion separately without others giving opinions only to counter what came before them).

EDIT: Dammit, I ended up double posting, sorry! I replied because my last message said it was on a previous page and showed another page further. Sorry about that Mods lol

EDIT 2: Alright SnakeFighter64. Hopefully that is decent input for you. You can run it by Osby for a little extra thought on it if you want since you first ran the concepts by him to begin with. Having an additional person looking it over can provide a more critical eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sounds ambitious; the idea sounds cool (and a legal nightmare if you follow through with it lol). I'm willing to give input; PM is probably better so you can organize thoughts better. Posting here will probably lead to a bunch of conflicting opinions (plus you'll be able to judge each opinion separately without others giving opinions only to counter what came before them).

EDIT: Dammit, I ended up double posting, sorry! I replied because my last message said it was on a previous page and showed another page further. Sorry about that Mods lol

EDIT 2: Alright SnakeFighter64. Hopefully that is decent input for you. You can run it by Osby for a little extra thought on it if you want since you first ran the concepts by him to begin with. Having an additional person looking it over can provide a more critical eye.
Thanks! I left an additional comment with a few more questions/responses.

Anyone else want in on this? I could always use more feedback from more places!

D

Deleted member

Thanks! I left an additional comment with a few more questions/responses.

Anyone else want in on this? I could always use more feedback from more places!
Yep, I saw. I replied back to that one. Kinda fun to throw out concepts and ideas like this lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yep, I saw. I replied back to that one. Kinda fun to throw out concepts and ideas like this lol.
I know right! I love doing this stuff, even if the games may never actually become real.

Progress is going well, but we still need more help. Special interest in those who have played 3 and 4 as well as 5.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
NG+ is hilarious, even on Hard, I'm just one shotting everything with lategame Personas. It makes me want to try a Joker solo run (although I don't think I can do that until I get Yusuke and party swapping becomes a mechanic).

Thanks to having max social stats too I don't need to waste time in bathhouses and burgers and whatnot. I might try to max every Confidant this time.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
NG+ is hilarious, even on Hard, I'm just one shotting everything with lategame Personas. It makes me want to try a Joker solo run (although I don't think I can do that until I get Yusuke and party swapping becomes a mechanic).

Thanks to having max social stats too I don't need to waste time in bathhouses and burgers and whatnot. I might try to max every Confidant this time.
Definitely try and max all the confidants. That's the main upside of new game plus. Please tell me you took my advice and maxed Moon on your first playthrough. Otherwise you can't fuse a certain giant persona until after the sixth dungeon.

StormC

Smash Hero
Definitely try and max all the confidants. That's the main upside of new game plus. Please tell me you took my advice and maxed Moon on your first playthrough. Otherwise you can't fuse a certain giant persona until after the sixth dungeon.
I did.

I maxed...

Priestess
Empress
Hierophant
Chariot
Hermit
Hanged
Death
Temperance
Sun
Moon

And obviously,

Magician
Justice
Judgment

I got to about rank 5-7 on Tower, Lovers, Star, and Devil.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking we'd get a trailer video sometime in the middle of this month with a release date in March. If not that, then maybe what they did with some of Wii U's DLC and get a Direct that says Joker's going to be ready after the direct is over. If that was the scenario, I'd imagine it wouldn't be til March though. I'm basically expecting Joker sometime mid-March lol.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I think that might be a little too optimistic. I'd die of happiness if it happens, but we just got Pirahna Plant. I don't expect Joker until late April at the earliest.
It's not much, but I do remember the Season 1 Pass saying it's 'available' 2/22/19 or something like that in the e-shop. Not much to go on to be honest, but I think that's where all this hype for him dropping this month came from

amageish

Smash Master
It's not much, but I do remember the Season 1 Pass saying it's 'available' 2/22/19 or something like that in the e-shop. Not much to go on to be honest, but I think that's where all this hype for him dropping this month came from
All of the DLC will be out by 2/28/20, which I imagine is what you are thinking of.

I imagine Joker will be out March/April, so they can have space both between Piranha Plant and him and between him and E3 (where I imagine they'll spontainiously reveal/release a character).

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just hope it is not like Smash Wii U where they released Mewtwo in April (iirc), to come with Roy, Lucas AND Ryu in June (3 characters!). Then there was no one until December (Cloud). I hope they spread it out more nicely this time.

Piranha Plant: January/February (depends on early buyer or not)
Joker: April
Character #2: June
Character #3: September
Character #4: November/December
Character #5: February 2020

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, I just hope it is not like Smash Wii U where they released Mewtwo in April (iirc), to come with Roy, Lucas AND Ryu in June (3 characters!). Then there was no one until December (Cloud). I hope they spread it out more nicely this time.

Piranha Plant: January/February (depends on early buyer or not)
Joker: April
Character #2: June
Character #3: September
Character #4: November
Character #5: Late December/Early January 2020
Character #5: February 2020
I honestly think they'll be done before February. Pirahna Plant was scheduled for January or February. February 2020 was their late estimate, but they seem to be on a good schedule.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing P3P lately (and before anyone asks "Why not FES?", I don't have a functioning PS2 and I like having a controllable party), and damn. This game is like a roller coaster of emotions. I am towards the end game and I am sad to see it end soon.

Hmm... maybe I should make up more mock Spirit battles with the P4 and P3 cast.

And as for the question for taunts and victory poses, let's see:
Taunt 1: Pose with Arsene looming behind him
Taunt 2: Pose with Jack Frost beside him
Taunt 3: Pose with Morgana hopping onto his shoulder

Victory Screen 1: Adjusts glove after all out Attack (with the successful All-Out Attack finish screen behind him)
Victory Screen 2: Caroline appears and kicks Joker through a gate into the Velvet Room
Victory Screen 3: Joker's walking away after victory as Mona (in bus form) pulls up alongside him
For Taunts, I was thinking of:
1. Joker grins and does a "Come on!" pose, much like his idle animation in P5.
2. Joker grabs his mask and screams "Persona!", then he returns to his neutral stance saying "No. That's not it."
3. Joker takes out his pad and pen and says, "I should write something.", "I'll just add this.", and "Let's do it." all alternating whenever you do this taunt.

For his Victory Screens:
1. Joker takes the very last frame of the fight and says, "Ha. You should've tried harder."
2. Joker comes down from the sky and says, "Power courses through me!" and runs endlessly like in P5.
3. Joker opens a treasure chest and notices the camera is pointing towards him. He then knocks the camera over and runs away.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Would any of you watch an hour long debate between Morgana Vs. Ryuji with Makoto as the host who asks the questions?
100/10 would watch

I'm waiting to see how many times Morgana roast the **** out of Ryuji to where he can't counter

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing P3P lately (and before anyone asks "Why not FES?", I don't have a functioning PS2 and I like having a controllable party), and damn. This game is like a roller coaster of emotions. I am towards the end game and I am sad to see it end soon.

Hmm... maybe I should make up more mock Spirit battles with the P4 and P3 cast.

For Taunts, I was thinking of:
1. Joker grins and does a "Come on!" pose, much like his idle animation in P5.
2. Joker grabs his mask and screams "Persona!", then he returns to his neutral stance saying "No. That's not it."
3. Joker takes out his pad and pen and says, "I should write something.", "I'll just add this.", and "Let's do it." all alternating whenever you do this taunt.

For his Victory Screens:
1. Joker takes the very last frame of the fight and says, "Ha. You should've tried harder."
2. Joker comes down from the sky and says, "Power courses through me!" and runs endlessly like in P5.
3. Joker opens a treasure chest and notices the camera is pointing towards him. He then knocks the camera over and runs away.
i was also hoping they would include the battle UI as one of his taunts, it's such a unique/iconic design and masahiro sakurai also went on to praise it one point, for the victory screen I was thinking they could maybe have one of them be the victory animation from the original game with random of his party members and have the infinitely repeating fanfare like cloud

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have been analyzing the character known as Joker by watching walkthroughs of Persona 5...but the plan has backfired...now I’m watching for everyone else (especially Kawakami/Becky)

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Saw this and immediately came here to share it.
For a moment, I thought she was Aqua lol

I'm gonna add more to the art train!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
For a moment, I thought she was Aqua lol

I'm gonna add more to the art train!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Aqua and Makoto would totally be friends.

I just love the cut in art! You posting that also reminded me that one of his previous posts were never showed off here(At least I think).
MY SOUL.
MY HEART.
MY QUEEN.
I just knew you would really appreciate this art piece.

It does make me wonder, how would KH characters and the Phantom Thieves react to each other? After all, the concept of stealing hearts have very diffrent meanings to each group.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

I just love the cut in art! You posting that also reminded me that one of his previous posts were never showed off here(At least I think).

It does make me wonder, how would KH characters and the Phantom Thieves react to each other? After all, the concept of stealing hearts have very diffrent meanings to each group.
*Sniff* You know me so well ;-;

D

Deleted member

I beat P3P and... oh man... I won't say much for spoilers sake, but I loved the game.
It's safe for me to say that Persona has developed into my favorite RPG franchise after playing 3 amazing games (5, 4 Golden, and 3 Portable in that order). My personal favorite is still 5 for me, but I love the other two games.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

He put up one for Kirby recently, too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just woke up from a dream where there was a surprise Direct and a gameplay trailer for Joker.

I think I'm starting to lose it.

Top Bottom