• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
This does make me believe that we'll get a guidance for Joker, but I'm still hoping that the PTs get their own thing too!

D

Deleted member

This does make me believe that we'll get a guidance for Joker, but I'm still hoping that the PTs get their own thing too!
I'm keeping my hopes up too. I feel like Palutena might get a bit hung up on Yusuke and Viridi will be the one to give Pitt most of the info the whole team lol.

EDIT: Oh...there are supposed to be Mii costume packs too. I'm thinking we could also get a Mona costume for the Miis

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I need to say some stuff:
HOLY **** THIS PLOT TWIST IS INSANE! WE WERE FOOLING AKECHI ALL THIS DAMN TIME.
Yeah, that was the real twist there. Atlus likely knew that the Akechi back stab was super obvious and used that expectation to their advantage. With how obvious that twist was, many would not suspect the twist of the PT's themselves knowing the obvious twist. It's like twistception.

Also, since this might be one of the better place to mention it(Major KH3 spoilers)...
...So, did Sora just Door-Kun us or what?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, that was the real twist there. Atlus likely knew that the Akechi back stab was super obvious and used that expectation to their advantage. With how obvious that twist was, many would not suspect the twist of the PT's themselves knowing the obvious twist. It's like twistception.

Also, since this might be one of the better place to mention it(Major KH3 spoilers)...
...So, did Sora just Door-Kun us or what?
Yep.

Also Mishima should have been the traitor.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’ve always heard great things about Persona 5, but I always just shoved in on the incredibly long list of games that sound cool, but haven’t quite stolen my interest. I had played P4 Arena, and that was the extent of my Shin Megami Tensei knowledge. But after Joker was revealed for Smash, I, like many others, figured I might as well see what all the fuss is about. So I finally bought myself a PS4, along with a copy of P5 (and Spider-Man, and God of War) earlier this month and have just now been able to finish it. And my god...How could I have possibly been ignoring this diamond of a game for this long!? Wowie do I have some words to say!
What a strong ending! I was worried there would be a somewhat anticlimactic fizzle after defeating Shido, but BOY was I wrong. The entire sequence at the end was beautiful. Really, everything from 11/20 was about the hypest 20ish hours that I could have imagined!

As far as characters, they were all slam dunks! Much like FE Awakening I found myself caring about literally everyone. I couldn’t help but devote all of my time to the confidants (which I was lucky enough to MAX out with time to spare *humble brag*). I think the Phantom Thieves were a perfect blend of personalities and I didn’t find a single one unlikable, nor did I feel that there was any kind of dynamic that was missing.

Ryuji was probably my favorite playable character. He reminds me a lot of my best friend, and I really loved his energy and optimism throughout the game. The sequence where he risks his life genuinely fooled me and brought a tear to my eye. I really loved Ann’s spunk. Makoto was really charming with her intelligence combined with her social innocence. Morgana was annoying at times, but I couldn’t help but love him. Haru was ****ing adorable, and incredible welcomed, even though she was introduced during what I thought was a fairly low point in the game. Yusuke is such a weirdo. I love him. And Futaba was savage. Easily the character that made me laugh more than any other. Also, Sojiro was easily my favorite confidant. Absolutely loved his arc. Iwai and Kawakami both come pretty close behind. I loved Shinya’s character, although I kind of hated the voice actor’s delivery. Also Mishima is a very good boy. He deserves the best.

Goro’s arc was pretty good. He started out as this shady dude that I didn’t feel like trusting, to someone that I was positive was causing the shutdowns, to a teammate that actually felt kind of welcomed, to a dirty scumbag backstabber, to a misunderstood, unloved boy who risks his life for you. I know that I should hate him, but I really don’t. He was just someone who fell down the wrong path and couldn’t be saved. And he was still able to die a hero. Also his white and red metaverse outfit is dope, he has the coolest weapons, and he definitely has the best all out attack pose.

As far as palaces, the first two were hella dope, Kaneshiro’s was stressful, Futaba’s and Okumura’s felt a little dragged out, and the last two were amazing. Sae’s was probably the coolest and I hope that they use her’s as the Smash stage. Either Sae’s palace, Kamoshida’s, or Madarame’s. I’d prefer it not be Mementos, as the dark, gritty tone isn’t nearly as prevalent as the colorful and funky tone throughout the majority of the game. Also Mementos is kinda lame, until you reach the depths.

Also THE MUSIC! WOW! Life Will Change, Price, Swear To My Bones, Ark, River In The Desert, The Whims of Fate. No game is deserving of this amount of good ****. Sakurai better go Castlevania on this soundtrack ‘cause DAMN.

I could go on for ages. I love Persona 5. I am a shameless bandwagoner that hadn’t even touched the game until Joker was in Smash, but now, after 111 hours of nonstop engagement into this world of color, action, love, regret, troubled teens, corrupted adults, beautiful music, amazing atmosphere...It’s just so good. I might need to sit on it for a bit, but this game could easily be a Top 5 for me. It was that amazing of an experience. Man, I just have so many thoughts and opinions and GOD I just want to play as Joker in Smash now!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve always heard great things about Persona 5, but I always just shoved in on the incredibly long list of games that sound cool, but haven’t quite stolen my interest. I had played P4 Arena, and that was the extent of my Shin Megami Tensei knowledge. But after Joker was revealed for Smash, I, like many others, figured I might as well see what all the fuss is about. So I finally bought myself a PS4, along with a copy of P5 (and Spider-Man, and God of War) earlier this month and have just now been able to finish it. And my god...How could I have possibly been ignoring this diamond of a game for this long!? Wowie do I have some words to say!
What a strong ending! I was worried there would be a somewhat anticlimactic fizzle after defeating Shido, but BOY was I wrong. The entire sequence at the end was beautiful. Really, everything from 11/20 was about the hypest 20ish hours that I could have imagined!

As far as characters, they were all slam dunks! Much like FE Awakening I found myself caring about literally everyone. I couldn’t help but devote all of my time to the confidants (which I was lucky enough to MAX out with time to spare *humble brag*). I think the Phantom Thieves were a perfect blend of personalities and I didn’t find a single one unlikable, nor did I feel that there was any kind of dynamic that was missing.

Ryuji was probably my favorite playable character. He reminds me a lot of my best friend, and I really loved his energy and optimism throughout the game. The sequence where he risks his life genuinely fooled me and brought a tear to my eye. I really loved Ann’s spunk. Makoto was really charming with her intelligence combined with her social innocence. Morgana was annoying at times, but I couldn’t help but love him. Haru was ****ing adorable, and incredible welcomed, even though she was introduced during what I thought was a fairly low point in the game. Yusuke is such a weirdo. I love him. And Futaba was savage. Easily the character that made me laugh more than any other. Also, Sojiro was easily my favorite confidant. Absolutely loved his arc. Iwai and Kawakami both come pretty close behind. I loved Shinya’s character, although I kind of hated the voice actor’s delivery. Also Mishima is a very good boy. He deserves the best.

Goro’s arc was pretty good. He started out as this shady dude that I didn’t feel like trusting, to someone that I was positive was causing the shutdowns, to a teammate that actually felt kind of welcomed, to a dirty scumbag backstabber, to a misunderstood, unloved boy who risks his life for you. I know that I should hate him, but I really don’t. He was just someone who fell down the wrong path and couldn’t be saved. And he was still able to die a hero. Also his white and red metaverse outfit is dope, he has the coolest weapons, and he definitely has the best all out attack pose.

As far as palaces, the first two were hella dope, Kaneshiro’s was stressful, Futaba’s and Okumura’s felt a little dragged out, and the last two were amazing. Sae’s was probably the coolest and I hope that they use her’s as the Smash stage. Either Sae’s palace, Kamoshida’s, or Madarame’s. I’d prefer it not be Mementos, as the dark, gritty tone isn’t nearly as prevalent as the colorful and funky tone throughout the majority of the game. Also Mementos is kinda lame, until you reach the depths.

Also THE MUSIC! WOW! Life Will Change, Price, Swear To My Bones, Ark, River In The Desert, The Whims of Fate. No game is deserving of this amount of good ****. Sakurai better go Castlevania on this soundtrack ‘cause DAMN.

I could go on for ages. I love Persona 5. I am a shameless bandwagoner that hadn’t even touched the game until Joker was in Smash, but now, after 111 hours of nonstop engagement into this world of color, action, love, regret, troubled teens, corrupted adults, beautiful music, amazing atmosphere...It’s just so good. I might need to sit on it for a bit, but this game could easily be a Top 5 for me. It was that amazing of an experience. Man, I just have so many thoughts and opinions and GOD I just want to play as Joker in Smash now!
Yeah, took me a little bit to get to it. I had heard good things and finally decided about a month after its release to pick it up. Target happened to have one leftover Steelcover version for normal price (I don't know if they were supposed ot be extra or not) so I had bought it and sat on it a little longer before actually playing.

When I finally did, though...I couldn't stop. It was a blast. I had to stop around the 4th palace, though, due to surgery. I got super depressed around that time and since I was playing P5 so heavily, I had associated the game with that feeling, so it wasn't until this past October that I had restarted and played through the game in its entirety. It was such a fantastic game in its own right, but I think one of the main reasons I truly enjoyed was because it was a great return to the RPGs I used to love, with gameplay mechanics that didn't alter things away from the traditional formula too much. I'm not talking about Persona formula (Never plaeyd any besides 5 lol); I'm talking about just traditional RPGs. So many of late have been modifying their formula and changing things beyond recognition. I've been enjoying traditional RPGs a lot lately; right before restarting & going through Persona 5 this past October, Dragon Quest XI came out and that was a blast as well.

All the confidants were really cool and I love seeing how they tried to help the protagonist in the post-story/conclusion; either trying to prove him innocent via gathering evidance (like Ohya), gathering support to help get him released (Chiyaya), or making sure nobody harmed him while he was incarcerated (Iwai). I couldn't finish some of them, like Shinya, but I'll probably go through and do it again some other time. I actually ended up playing it twice in a row so that I could have fun with overpowered early game Persona's lol. I want to max out Shinya, not only because the abilities he grants are useful, but because his voice actor is Laharl from the Disgaea series. I can't help but imaghine him as a human version of the Overlord lol.

Persona 5 is a true masterpiece of the genre and I can't wait to see Joker in Smash. I can still hardly believe he's in it, really. Hopefully now that Planty's been released, we'll get an update trailer in like 2 weeks to not only elaborate on Joker, but maybe give us a hint on the next one.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Persona Q2 is coming to the West on June 4th. I need the Koro plushie ♥

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm excited for it, but the announcement that it won't have an English dub diminishes my hype a tad. But I still really need that Koro plush.

amageish

Smash Master
No dub is disheartening, but after Strange Journey Redux didn't get one, I am not terribly shocked. That special edition does look super tight though.

I am really surprised that they didn't announce this in a direct though. I definitely would have expected them to do that to play off of Persona's notarity with Joker being in Smash...

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Take a guess what me and Makoto did the day after the latest palace:

We broadened our views in my room for the second time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Here ladies and gentlemen we have an amazing mom and dad alongside their adorable child, such a cute family i could cry ;-;

There was a problem fetching the tweet

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Man, even if I'm not a particularly huge fan of EO's gameplay, all those goodies are too good to pass up.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
god i wish we had info so we could talk about something other than blandass ships

C-G

Smash Journeyman
god i wish we had info so we could talk about something other than blandass ships
I don't think you should be talking about ships with that AV, dude.

But alright, here's a prompt for you.

Victory poses and taunts. We need three of each. READYSETGO!

Taunt 1: Fiddling with his hair, as he is want to do when he's being smug in the game.
Taunt 2: Hand to the mask, like he's about to cast something.
Taunt 3: Yusuke's Jesus pose

Victory 1: Break through the glass like when leaving a Palace, land, and then run off the screen.
Victory 2: Mess with/pull up gloves a la All Out Attack
Victory 3: Stylish pose with Arsene

Last edited:

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You know, I was thinking.

It's a common speculation that Joker's colors will be based of the other Phantom Thieves. But when you think about it, both Morgana and Makoto have similar color schemes to default Joker, being mostly black with different underlying color tones. Maybe, instead of representing all the Phantom Thieves, Sakurai will instead put in the normal School Uniform as an alt costume.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
decided to watch a walkthrough of Persona 5 to see what Joker is like...and I don’t wanna stop watching until I’m finished

Top Bottom