• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind if they kept all the songs intact, but it'd be really cool if we got a couple of remixes (Blooming Villian and Will Power mixes pls). I'd add Keeper of Lust to the list because even though we don't hear it a lot, it's still a hella rad song.

With 2.0.0 in about a week or so, do you think we'll get any gameplay footage of Joker in the near future? We still haven't gotten our first Direct of the year, so maybe we'll get one next month. I hope we see something soon ;-;
I'm almost certain we'll have a Direct soon with a Smash segment that gives out Piranha Plants download date, possibly a priced reveal for those who didn't get Piranha Plant for free, maybe we'll get to see some new Amiibo, and then hopefully we'll get some good, and if we're lucky, in depth gameplay for Joker.

amageish

Smash Master
With 2.0.0 in about a week or so, do you think we'll get any gameplay footage of Joker in the near future? We still haven't gotten our first Direct of the year, so maybe we'll get one next month. I hope we see something soon ;-;
Perhaps! Sakurai said that it takes 6 months to develop a character and we know Joker started in early December, so maybe it's not likely, but it is also possible that the six-month timeline was for making a new character alongside the main game and not DLC. I feel like they'd at least show a model or the stage next direct though, if not gameplay.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 DLC Timeline:
Mewtwo Teaser (no gameplay): October 23, 2014
Last day to opt in for free Mewtwo: March 31, 2015
Direct debuting Mewtwo gameplay AND announcing Lucas: April 1, 2015

Smash Ultimate DLC Timeline:
Piranha Plant Gameplay: November 1, 2018
Joker Teaser (no gameplay): December 6, 2018
Last day to opt in for free Piranha Plant: January 31, 2019
Direct detailing Piranha Plant, possibly debuting Joker gameplay, and MAYBE teasing next character: ???

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Perhaps! Sakurai said that it takes 6 months to develop a character and we know Joker started in early December, so maybe it's not likely, but it is also possible that the six-month timeline was for making a new character alongside the main game and not DLC. I feel like they'd at least show a model or the stage next direct though, if not gameplay.
We don't actually know when development on Joker started; we know Sakurai didn't start when Nintendo approached him about a VGA reveal, but it's possible he started soon after. The game went gold in early November, so perhaps he started around that timeframe.

It's possible if there is a Direct in February with a gameplay trailer, maybe a late April release? That's the earliest I can guess.

Smash Ultimate DLC Timeline:
Piranha Plant Gameplay: November 1, 2018
Joker Teaser (no gameplay): December 6, 2018
Last day to opt in for free Mewtwo: January 31, 2019
Direct detailing Piranha Plant, possibly debuting Joker gameplay, and MAYBE teasing next character: ???
TIL Mewtwo is DLC in Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
We don't actually know when development on Joker started; we know Sakurai didn't start when Nintendo approached him about a VGA reveal, but it's possible he started soon after. The game went gold in early November, so perhaps he started around that timeframe.
Right, that is a good point! I feel like they probably started negotiations significantly before the development began, so the game going gold likely wasn't related, but it's true that we just know Joker started too late to have a gameplay trailer at the VGA, which could mean anything.

I feel like they'll have Joker released prior to E3 at least, as they probably will want to showcase new character(s) there - especially if rumours of western third-party characters are true.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just noticed nobody voted for Ohya. Poor Ohya.

Pretty sure she's the one who is able to track down the original girl the lawsuit that got Ren put on probation; at least thats the impression I got after seeing her gather info after he was sent to jail

D

Deleted member

Rumor is that Mr. Planty drops tonight with the Version update around 8pm EST. Maybe we'll get a trailer showing him off along with Joker or something as well.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
When it comes to the fear of Persona 5 doing an FF7 and having limited music tracks: Does anyone know if there is any red tape involved with the Persona 5 tracks? I hear somewhere that the Persona songs are in-house to there's hopefully no licensing issues that have to be dealt with as opposed to FF and DQ who need to pay royalties to its composers.
I'd imagine that each season pass fighter would have relatively around the same number of music tracks at least. Not exactly the same, but somewhere in the same ballpark.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to see gameplay of joker so bad this week but it isn’t looking good :/ we may have to wait a lot longer

D

Deleted member

I think we'll get more than what we got for FF7 (that was an issue with having to pay Uematsu; not an issue with Square itself). But, if we were limited to only 2 tracks from persona 5, which two would you guys go with?
My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think we'll get more than what we got for FF7 (that was an issue with having to pay Uematsu; not an issue with Square itself). But, if we were limited to only 2 tracks from persona 5, which two would you guys go with?
My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change
Mementos and the Junes theme sung by Nanako

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change
Well if it had to be P5 only, I'd go with:

1) Will Power
2) Life Will Change

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change
As much as I love Rivers in the Desert, if we were limited to 2 songs from P5, it would have to be Last Surprise and Life Will Change.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change
I mean, if you ask me, the answers are obvious.

1. Last Surprise
2. Life Will Change

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change
Last surprise us 100% necessary, so you're asking me to choose between life will change and Rivers in the desert. I can't do that. So I choose last surprise and a remix of life will change that transitions into Rivers in the desert.

D

Deleted member

Life Will change seems pretty unanimous lol. Good to see that. And a remix that goes from that into Rivers int he Desert? Genius; I want it bad now.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Life will Change and Rivers in the Desert for me, but it'd be crime to not have the other themes in ;-;

D

Deleted member

Life will Change and Rivers in the Desert for me, but it'd be crime to not have the other themes in ;-;
Wouldn't have been a hard question to answer if I gave more than just 2 choices lol. Like I said before, though. I don't think they've got the same restrictions on them as Final Fantasy's music. Square didn't own the music; they had to pay royalties to Uematsu, so they were only able to get 2 tracks. Sakurai is on record saying he loves everything about this game; music included; and it's a pretty well-received game overall. I have a lot of faith in the fact that we'll see a good selection of music accompanying him in Smash. I just hope they give enough time to grant us a Persona 5 stage that isn't Mementos. I'd prefer a stage going through the different palaces, but I'll settle for the Velvet Room.

D

Deleted member

My choices would be
A) Rivers in the Desert
B) Life Will Change
As for the two tracks if we had another unfortunate FF7 situation, it would be Last Surprise and Life Will Change.
Not having Last Surprise is a crime; that song is too popular to be excluded from Smash Bros. And Life Will Change for the same reasons. Both are very iconic tracks to both the game and Persona as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Piranha Plant has Palutena Guidance...

JOKER PALUTENA GUIDANCE CONFIRMED???
Not only that, but PP was added to the "Everyone is Here" poster once it was released, which means Joker will get added to it too, eventually.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Also apparently Piranha Plant is automatically added to the party in WOL, no fight needed. Assuming the Fighter's Pass DLC follow suit: This turns WOL from "Kirby the sole survivor" to "Kirby and his team of ragtag misfits featuring PP, Joker and whoever else".

I love it XD.

StormC

Smash Hero
My plan is to play New Game+ with the DLC characters when they're all downloaded.

Seeing Joker in the banner is gonna be super surreal. Hope the trailer is coming soon...

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Palutena's guidance for Joker goes something like this.

Palutena and Viridi: Oh hey, is that a SMT protag?

Pit: Yeah, we gotta fight him.

Palutena and Viridi:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Also apparently Piranha Plant is automatically added to the party in WOL, no fight needed. Assuming the Fighter's Pass DLC follow suit: This turns WOL from "Kirby the sole survivor" to "Kirby and his team of ragtag misfits featuring PP, Joker and whoever else".

I love it XD.
I hear he only gets auto-added in a New Game+. Maybe that means you have to beat the game if you haven't already to get him...

C-G

Smash Journeyman
palutena just seduces him
Please. Any courtship of a Persona Protag is 1) Initiated by the Protag and 2) takes MONTHS. Pretty sure Pit would be dead before Joker gets to Empress Rank 2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love it XD.
I started a new file yesterday to see if Piranha Plant would be in the party or if it was just Kirby, and it was the latter.
I'm not sure if they added a section in WoL where you can fight it and recruit it or if they are playable after you beat the game.
In any case, I'll start NG+ when Joker gets released.

Top Bottom