• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Watch as the FeMC makes her reveal debut in Smash Ultimate before P5R. It would be "Marth Debuted in Smash Bros." all over again!
Well even if she's revealed in the P5R trailer first, she'll still make her playable debut in Smash Bros, unless ATLUS announces P5R in March and releases it the very next month.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I just realized something horrifying.
So, Joker will have 8 alts. Like past examples, we are to assume that the MC and FeMC are to be evenly split when it comes to alts. 4 for the MC and 4 for the FeMC. 1 alt on both sides will be there base look, leaving 3 left on both side. If we are to assume that the other alts will be based on the other Phantom Thieves, then we reach our problem.
MC alts: 1.Base 2.Morgana 3.Ryuji 4.Yusuke 5.Akechi
FeMC: 1.Base 2.Ann 3.Makoto 4.Futaba 5.Haru

You see out problem? On both sides, someone gets left behind.

Because it is courteous just to give people the opportunity to avert their eyes.
well if they wanted to include a shujin academy school uniform then that would leave another person behind

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of a hypothetical fem Joker: I just wanted to share that everytime I imagine it, I see Futaba being the "Ryuji" in Valentines as in the one you hang with if you have no date XD. Would probably be the only time I see Futaba as a younger sis lol.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
On the subject of a hypothetical fem Joker: I just wanted to share that everytime I imagine it, I see Futaba being the "Ryuji" in Valentines as in the one you hang with if you have no date XD.
Even more reason to play female Joker.

StormC

Smash Hero
I hope if true, feMC is a complete redesign like the P3 one. Rule 63 Joker would just be kinda lame. I like the idea of playing as a whole new character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Watch as the FeMC makes her reveal debut in Smash Ultimate before P5R. It would be "Marth Debuted in Smash Bros." all over again!
Well even if she's revealed in the P5R trailer first, she'll still make her playable debut in Smash Bros, unless ATLUS announces P5R in March and releases it the very next month.
It's pretty much one of the reasons that makes me wonder if it really is a femc.
I just dont know who else it could be with a ponytail :O

-
New theory: Since p5r is possibly quite a ways in the future, maybe they didn't add 4 costumes for femc, but 2; Slots 06 and 07 :)

New theory #2: It's something around cross-dressing XD (someone else mentioned the dancing game too)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I joked in the Square thread that the reason someone heard a rumour about one of the characters having male and female alts was because we're getting Punishment Cop Joker so I swear if this ends up being the case I will laugh and laugh.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be a downer all of a sudden, but do any of you think Persona fans (or even SMT fans but I can understand their side) may be getting a little too greedy when it comes to what they expect out of Joker/Persona 5-related content in Smash if the complaints about his stage being what it may be are any consideration.

Then there's also people hoping/even expecting music from other Persona games even though I still think it will be limited to Persona 5 as that's the game in Smash and the game on people's minds right now. There's also those who expect Joker to get the Bowser Jr. treatment with all the other PTs (ignoring the fact that it's freaking impossible), or even an echo in Crow or any other Persona protagonist. I know this is simly hype speculation talking, but considering my pre-concieved notion of Persona fans being a tad bit spoiled (especially after being fed spinoffs after spinoffs in such short amounts of time), I would be lying if I said it didn't irk me a bit.

I just know for sure that when Joker finally comes, he will not be fulfilling 100% of what the fanbase was hoping for and I am damn sure there will be screams of over-entitlement or "betrayal" going around. Again I apologize for being a downer and if I come off as patronizing to anyone here.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I hate to be a downer all of a sudden, but do any of you think Persona fans (or even SMT fans but I can understand their side) may be getting a little too greedy when it comes to what they expect out of Joker/Persona 5-related content in Smash if the complaints about his stage being what it may be are any consideration.

Then there's also people hoping/even expecting music from other Persona games even though I still think it will be limited to Persona 5 as that's the game in Smash and the game on people's minds right now. There's also those who expect Joker to get the Bowser Jr. treatment with all the other PTs (ignoring the fact that it's freaking impossible), or even an echo in Crow or any other Persona protagonist. I know this is simly hype speculation talking, but considering my pre-concieved notion of Persona fans being a tad bit spoiled (especially after being fed spinoffs after spinoffs in such short amounts of time), I would be lying if I said it didn't irk me a bit.

I just know for sure that when Joker finally comes, he will not be fulfilling 100% of what the fanbase was hoping for and I am damn sure there will be screams of over-entitlement or "betrayal" going around. Again I apologize for being a downer and if I come off as patronizing to anyone here.
I mean, I'm going to hope for the maximum amount of content, but I'm not gonna ***** and moan when it doesn't all happen. I'm just thinking of all the cool things they could do. And just because I don't like the stage choice doesn't mean I'm acting entitled. I think I'm allowed to wish they went with my top choice. Not like I'm calling Sakurai names or moaning about how stupid it is. Just expressing that I wish it was something else. If people start whining about no Crow echo then fine. But speculation is just speculation. No one's demanding anything.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, two things.
One, I found this art tweet and Futaba with Inkling will never not be adorable.
Second, what do you guys think this FeMC will be like design wise? If she follows the same design philosophy as our P3 FeMC, then she will likely look very diffrent from just a rule 63 Joker.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Okay, two things.
One, I found this art tweet and Futaba with Inkling will never not be adorable.
Second, what do you guys think this FeMC will be like design wise? If she follows the same design philosophy as our P3 FeMC, then she will likely look very diffrent from just a rule 63 Joker.
She'll have both glasses and a ponytail.

Because that's the most adorable way to design a female version of an MC

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
She'll have both glasses and a ponytail.

Because that's the most adorable way to design a female version of an MC
Well that's the thing, the P3 FeMC was not aiming to be cute in design, but the best design for the protagonist role.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
[...]
Well that's the thing, the P3 FeMC was not aiming to be cute in design, but the best design for the protagonist role.
I think they won't be overly different, because like some people brought up, it'd be a alot to change if they have to redo so much, especially if she'd have more of a different personality like p3. Thinking it'd be more of a swap (with ponytail, of course). That's just my guess anyway.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Some ideas i have found for a possible FeMC Joker:

Yeah. if we can imagine that kind of design with a ponytail, that's kind of what I would have in mind.
Well, being able to change hairstyles in-game isn't necessarily off the table, but that might be less likely.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
That's not really what that trope is about, though. That's more about a character whose first debut in a foreign territory is in a cameo/crossover.

FeMC debuting in Smash would be closer to Roy.
Whoops, wrong trope. I meant “Early Bird Cameo”.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, those Bayo and Joker comparisons and mother jokes that were made are going to become even more bizarre if a Joker FeMC is revealed and she is basically a rule 63.

amageish

Smash Master
I joked in the Square thread that the reason someone heard a rumour about one of the characters having male and female alts was because we're getting Punishment Cop Joker so I swear if this ends up being the case I will laugh and laugh.
I know you're somewhat joking, but that costume lacks a ponytail.

With regard to the discussion of a FeMC design, I feel like a FeMC would probably look about as similar to Joker does as Kotone does to Makoto. So, she'd probably have a unique hair colour, eye colour, and wholly-original streetwear. As mentioned, Azusa Kido (the P3P director) and Shigenori Soejima (the franchise artist) had a lot of back-and-forth about how to make the FeMC just as generically relatable to a female audience as the MC was relatable to a male one.

That said, given how metaverse outfits weren't a thing in P3 and Joker's outfit has since become fairly iconic, I wouldn't be shocked if a FeMC shared Joker's metaverse costume at least. I also dunno how they would redesign Arsene... Maybe change the jacket colour?

Like, if they are doing a FeMC route, then I imagine it would be to have a newly-restructured P-Team cut their teeth on a proper Persona game before making a wholly-original P6. I think would justify the craptonne of work it would take. The P3P FeMC is so well-loved because she is so different and isn't just a reskin - and I'm fairly certain ATLUS knows that, given how they made her return a highlight of PQ2's advertising.

D

Deleted member

I think you're right; people are probably expecting a lot; too much really. I think we'll get more representing Persona than Cloud got representing Final Fantasy. He just got 2 songs, one stage, and a single Mii Costume (The Chocobo hat). But as a whole, it likely won't be a huge amount. A healthy amount of song choices, a nice looking stage, some Mii costume stuff, and a moveset that's true to Joker's (without filler or a copy/paste/light edit moveset like the Star Fox trio). That's probably what we're looking at.

Sakurai is on record having gushed about this game and even visited their offices (which is where that picture of him hugging a giant Mona mascot costume came from). So I think we'll get a bit more for Joker than we will for the remaining DLC picks (whomever they may be). The stage is likely one of two options: Mementos or the Velvet Room. Both were recurring locales in Persona 5 and the former had deep significance to the game itself while the latter is a staple of the Persona series entirely.

It'd be awesome if we actually got one of the Palaces as the stage (if not multiple in a stage transitioning way like Wuhu), and since Sakurai loved Persona 5 a lot, it's not a 0% chance, but I wouldn't count on it. Even for the Alt costumes for Joker, I wouldn't count on much either. I'm guessing it'll just be basic palette swaps with the colors referencing his other team mates; nothing too drastic like Bowser Jr & the Koopalings. I'm not sure where this whole other gendered Joker came from, but if it doesn't already exist, I wouldn't put stock in it. Again, it's possible; it's likely that both Sakurai and Persona's creator are friends, so he wouldn't mind drawing up concept art for it, but for the time being, it's better not to dash your own hopes and just assume its a hoax. In cases like this, it's probably better to take the stance of 'False until proven True'.

We've only had DLC for Smash one other time before, so in all honesty, we don't really have precedent for this specific case, so it's hard to guess what we could get, but for now, basing it off of Smash 4, we're not getting much. Remember, they did tell us exactly what each pass would be: the Fighter, a Stage, and Music. If we were not told to expect more, then we shouldn't expect more.

Also take note that they said 5 stages. 5. For the entirety of the Fighter Pass. So we DEFINITELY shouldn't be expecting multiple stages per character (not sure anyone is actually clamoring for that; just heading it off at the pass lol).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think you're right; people are probably expecting a lot; too much really. I think we'll get more representing Persona than Cloud got representing Final Fantasy. He just got 2 songs, one stage, and a single Mii Costume (The Chocobo hat). But as a whole, it likely won't be a huge amount. A healthy amount of song choices, a nice looking stage, some Mii costume stuff, and a moveset that's true to Joker's (without filler or a copy/paste/light edit moveset like the Star Fox trio). That's probably what we're looking at.
But that's all people are expecting. No one said we'll get multiple stages or extra persona newcomers, and no one said the dlc will suck if we don't. Some are hoping for a Crow echo, but no one's really expecting it. And that's really not unreasonable, especially since many are expecting Luminary as an Erdrick echo. I'm honestly very confused as to where this "entitled persona fans" mindset is coming from. What have we done that's so out of the ordinary?

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Sounds like something wacky enough for Smash to do.

D

Deleted member

But that's all people are expecting. No one said we'll get multiple stages or extra persona newcomers, and no one said the dlc will suck if we don't. Some are hoping for a Crow echo, but no one's really expecting it. And that's really not unreasonable, especially since many are expecting Luminary as an Erdrick echo. I'm honestly very confused as to where this "entitled persona fans" mindset is coming from. What have we done that's so out of the ordinary?
He flat out said no echoes, so yeah, that's a straight no lol.

Nobody's expecting Luminary as an Echo; they're thinking he'll be the equivalent of Alph; a palette swap. Luminary is slightly different. 'Erdrick' is a Title; not a name, and in the end of DQ XI, after the post-game, you are granted the title 'Erdrick' in the end, so technically, the Luminary IS Erdrick too.

Not sure on the entitled thing; it may just be FF fans sore that they didn't get more, or people fans of...just about any other series....sore that Joker made it in at all over all the other characters that have been waiting in line (some longer than others).

To be honest, since Crow us pretty much a dark mirror of Joker, he wouldn't make a bad palette swap, but I think that's expecting too much. People loved Persona 5, but the DQ series as a whole is Legendary in Japan; it wouldn't be so outlandish if it got slightly better treatment in a unique alt costume than Persona's Joker.

EDIT: I did NOT post this 3 times! WTF just happened?!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Please delete; I've got no idea how the same post was sent 3x.

D

Deleted member

Please delete; so sorry; not sure how this happened.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
He flat out said no echoes, so yeah, that's a straight no lol.

Nobody's expecting Luminary as an Echo; they're thinking he'll be the equivalent of Alph; a palette swap. Luminary is slightly different. 'Erdrick' is a Title; not a name, and in the end of DQ XI, after the post-game, you are granted the title 'Erdrick' in the end, so technically, the Luminary IS Erdrick too.

Not sure on the entitled thing; it may just be FF fans sore that they didn't get more, or people fans of...just about any other series....sore that Joker made it in at all over all the other characters that have been waiting in line (some longer than others).

To be honest, since Crow us pretty much a dark mirror of Joker, he wouldn't make a bad palette swap, but I think that's expecting too much. People loved Persona 5, but the DQ series as a whole is Legendary in Japan; it wouldn't be so outlandish if it got slightly better treatment in a unique alt costume than Persona's Joker.

EDIT: I did NOT post this 3 times! WTF just happened?!
He said the five fighter pass characters will be unique newcomers. That doesn't mean he can't throw in freebie echoes on the pass if he wants. But again, no one's actually expecting it. Literally all Persona fans are expecting is a character, a stage, and a good amount of music. And FF is obviously the exception. Street Fighter and Bayo have plenty of content. I really haven't seen anything unreasonable at all.

Also please spoiler DQ11 stuff like that. I'm in the middle of the game right now.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bad news, the last copy that's been on my end already has been snatched up.

Though I did get Terraria on PS4 for roughly 20$ instead.

Okay guys, I want to run something past you. There is a chance that this whole "Jane" thing that has been going on may in fact be an entirely separate character. I was shown this and it seems to be pretty solid logic to me, but I am not the best at understanding code, so I figured you guys would want to check it out.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sm...-for-switch-leak.100918/page-14#post-18203684
>Jane could just be an Ann alt like I initially expected

e28.jpg

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
>Jane could just be an Ann alt like I initially expected

That does not make much sense to me as an alt for Joker for a number of reasons. Different melee, different gun, not a wild car if Joker is going to play that angle, and how similar is her Personas to Arsene? If Jane really is not supposed to be apart of this file, then I think we might have a new character.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Could it be possible that "Jane" is an in-game model for Ann, assuming Joker's Final Smash is the All-Out Attack?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What is wrong with the argument itself?
Hey man didn't you hear it's on a website I don't like and something something that means it's not credible, not that I read the post or anything

Ann in the final smash feels the most likely scenario to me.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Could it be possible that "Jane" is an in-game model for Ann, assuming Joker's Final Smash is the All-Out Attack?
Possibly. Again, I don't know code that well, so perhaps we can have someone check that sort of thing. Let's explore all possibilities here.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Isn't it under a specific alt for jack?
Galaxy brain: The person/people who help with Joker's All-Out Attack changes depending on what costume you use, which is why only the 7th costume references Ann.

Top Bottom