• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's a Smashboards thread where 'Who is your waifu' is an on-topic discussion. Sanity got checked at the door
I am pretty sure you can make that on topic in any thread. I am 75% sure that happened in the Geno thread.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's a Smashboards thread where 'Who is your waifu' is an on-topic discussion. Sanity got checked at the door
Still beats what happens on some of the other threads, honestly, since some can barely even stay hopeful for their picks at all.

And, well, it's a Persona character thread, so whaddya expect, really. :smirk:

I am pretty sure you can make that on topic in any thread. I am 75% sure that happened in the Geno thread.
Can confirm. I'm honestly not sure if I should check on the poor lads after the Direct had nothing happen.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
At this rate we really won't know who the next character is until April. Good lord, most of this board is just going to grow steadily insane, I just know it. :(
I doubt that'll be exclusive to this board haha. I feel like that sort of vague phrasing will definitely cause mild chaos amongst the Smash community.

By the end of April, to be specific. Meaning it'll likely be late April.
And good clarification - articles led me astray. That said, given how "February" meant "Late January" for the Plant, I dunno if we can trust what they tell us haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I doubt that'll be exclusive to this board haha. I feel like that sort of vague phrasing will definitely cause mild chaos amongst the Smash community.

And good clarification - articles led me astray. That said, given how "February" meant "Late January" for the Plant, I dunno if we can trust what they tell us haha.
At any rate, most parts of the fandom will just thirst for info no matter what we do. It'll make the September-November period look brief. Though they better play Yoshi's Crafted World in the meantime, it's really shaping up well.

A good point on that front. On the other hand, I wouldn't be shocked if nothing happens until E3...

D

Deleted member

Well... at least we saw his model...
The wait for him continues... this will be a long month an a half to two months.

StormC

Smash Hero
We got blueballed hard but at least we know for sure he's coming in April.

Reset the clock for a Smash mini-Direct then.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
No, but it's about a short sword length. If they shorten the beam sword by as much as they lengthened the knife, it would be about the same size.
Oh man, how cool would it be if Joker used a Beam Sword/Ray gun if they made the sound effects as the ones from P5.

Or if P5R had Beam Sword/Ray Gun from Smash as free DLC.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, but it's about a short sword length. If they shorten the beam sword by as much as they lengthened the knife, it would be about the same size.
The size does not seem that much different from what it is in art and figures at least.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Crow being an echo is that depending on Joker's moveset, it wouldn't translate well with Crow. I don't know what Arsene will be doing in the moveset but he and Robin Hood are too distinct to be expected to do the same thing.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The thing about Crow being an echo is that depending on Joker's moveset, it wouldn't translate well with Crow. I don't know what Arsene will be doing in the moveset but he and Robin Hood are too distinct to be expected to do the same thing.
Yes, but if Arsene focuses on Curse skills, which he very well may, then Robinhood fits fine.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
Still waiting on any real Joker info. Only thing of note was the surprising length of the knife. Crow echo perhaps?
i would've thought they'd do a marth/lucina thing where marth's sword is a little bit longer than lucina's to add differentiation between the 2

Also paying for DLC and it's an Echo will piss everyone off
well the echo would be included as a part of the non-echo dlc as a bonus

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but if Arsene focuses on Curse skills, which he very well may, then Robinhood fits fine.
I'm more of imagining what Joker will do as I don't expect Crow to do the same stuff.

Look I just REALLY don't want Crow stinking up this game all right? XD

amageish

Smash Master
At any rate, most parts of the fandom will just thirst for info no matter what we do. It'll make the September-November period look brief. Though they better play Yoshi's Crafted World in the meantime, it's really shaping up well.
Yoshi's Crafted World looks great, yeah. That said, they still have some content to deliver via Twitter if nothing else, given how E3 isn't until June 11th and they have games (and Joker) coming out in the meantime. Mario Maker 2 only has a "June" release date as well, which I assume they'll want to rectify....

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
It figures, took a brief trip to the Geno thread and saw that people are being optimistic yet again. Even though Geno's chances are slim to none since he's not a "huge gaming superstar" that many fanatics think he is.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It figures, took a brief trip to the Geno thread and saw that people are being optimistic yet again. Even though Geno's chances are slim to none since he's not a "huge gaming superstar" that many fanatics think he is.
I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.
Well then, it appears we have a difference of opinion.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
View attachment 192179

We saw him, guys.

For a brief, shining moment, we saw him.
Man I can’t remember the last time Smash character was ********** this much. Yeah, Mewtwo, but he was a vet. This wait is killing me.

Between the initial tease and this I’ve played Persona 5 and started a NG+. I hope the other characters are only shown when they have gameplay ready.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

feelsbadman.png

amageish

Smash Master
So, someone please stop me before I look through every person's falling animations and compare them to Joker's to try and deduce what his aerials might be...

amageish

Smash Master
amageish amageish ... Don't do that.
falling.PNG

But look, he has his hand up towards his face in a position that would be perfect if he wanted to put on a mask to summon a Persona mid-fall, but also he seems prepared to use his knife! Think of the potential, EarlTamm! THINK OFF ALL THE POSSIBILITIES.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
View attachment 192292
But look, he has his hand up towards his face in a position that would be perfect if he wanted to put on a mask to summon a Persona mid-fall, but also he seems prepared to use his knife! Think of the potential, EarlTamm! THINK OFF ALL THE POSSIBILITIES.

The sad thing is that I totally agree with you on both accounts.

amageish

Smash Master
The sad thing is that I totally agree with you on both accounts.
Thank you! Someone should hire me to be do single-frame-of-Smash-character analysis professionally.

Look, this direct has been a river in a desert and I'm taking all I can get before the long walk to March 23rd...

StormC

Smash Hero
Thank you! Someone should hire me to be do single-frame-of-Smash-character analysis professionally.

Look, this direct has been a river in a desert and I'm taking all I can get before the long walk to March 23rd...
What's significant about March 23?

amageish

Smash Master
What's significant about March 23?
Next Persona 5 Anime special airs then, which will likely have a second P5R teaser trailer during the commercials (though it's also likely we won't get anything fully detailed until the Persona concert in April).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man I can’t remember the last time Smash character was ********** this much. Yeah, Mewtwo, but he was a vet. This wait is killing me.

Between the initial tease and this I’ve played Persona 5 and started a NG+. I hope the other characters are only shown when they have gameplay ready.
Yeah, same here. In fact, I got a theory.

Now, let's suppose that Joker is a fully-original fighter that needs roughly 5 months of development. The current fighter pass has a total of 5 characters, with the pass currently planned to be complete by February 2020. I did some calculations and they would only have enough time to make three original DLC fighters by that point, if the date doesn't change. Adding to that, there was a theory in regards to the characters that caused glitches (Piranha Plant, Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt), with some being used possible bases for upcoming DLC characters (like how Piranha Plant used Bowser Jr. as a base).

So, my hunch is, at least two of the pass characters use confirmed characters as a base to ease development, while Joker and the rest are moreso fully original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom