• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I don't expect much to change, honestly. The only thing that changed for MGS between Brawl and now is a 3DS port of MGS3. Third party inclusions in Smash rarely affect the series' actual presence on Nintendo going forward (with maybe Bayonetta being the exception).
Shouldn't really compare things back then to how they are now. Heck, nowadays, following the trend with Cloud, it could certainly be a good sign.

Especially if Nintendo and Sega are planning collaborations and they've been buddy buddy as all heck.

And being able to play a Persona in the pick-up-and-put-down-whenever format that the Switch provides is already a godsend that sells itself to consumers.

Last edited:

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
I'm absolutely loving the idea of Joker about to usurp the title of king from Yu Narukami after gaining some fighting experience from Smash, but Yu refuses and that's how Persona 5 Arena's story begins.

D

Deleted member

Atlus likes their handheld releases, and Nintendo's the only one making dedicated handhelds right now.

I don't think Persona games on the Switch is too out of the question. I'd be floored if at least Arena and the dancing games never came.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
Ever since the reveal I have a least one moment a day where I remember Joker is going to be in this game and bring music like this with him on a Persona stage.

Gives me a big, dumb grin for at least a few minutes. :)

Being a Nintendo and Persona fan rocks right now.
(BEFORE GAME AWARDS)
(Friends At School) Smash bros ultimate is not worth buying it is a waste of money
(ME) What about DLC
(Friends At School) It has Not been announced for all you know it could Steve
(ME) I think it is Joker

(AFTER GAME AWARDS)
(ME) I WAS RIGHT
(Friends At School) Who is joker?

D

Deleted member

(BEFORE GAME AWARDS)
(Friends At School) Smash bros ultimate is not worth buying it is a waste of money
(ME) What about DLC
(Friends At School) It has Not been announced for all you know it could Steve
(ME) I think it is Joker

(AFTER GAME AWARDS)
(ME) I WAS RIGHT
(Friends At School) Who is joker?
The ideal outcome for me is eventually both. Steve's my most wanted ATM, throw him in with Joker and I don't think you could give me a more perfect Smash Season Pass.

...Okay, Octolings are still a big deal to me, but I'll take what I can get, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

amageish

Smash Master
Absolutely love this idea. I was thinking about it myself the other day. Let me summon Rosalina but as a cosmic entity. Personas are created from human cognition and Morgan's form in Mementos is a reference to cognition formed from media! There is no reason Mario isn't a Persona!
True! Plus, pop culture personas have been in the game before - the Blob (Nocturne, Persona 2, etc.), Carrie (Persona 1), Chris the Car (SMTII, SMT If), Audrey ( SMTII), etc...

I found a bunch of fan art exploring something similar to this. Fair warning, there is a lot, and they are big.

Link to DeviantArt:
https://www.deviantart.com/guilhermerm/
I've seen those before! Super cool artwork.

There a fake PSASBR2 leak with Morgana in Summer 2017 iirc
Oh yeah... That was a weird "leak"... It also claimed that they had only gotten Noctis from Final Fantasy XV instead of... any of the PS-exclusive FF protagonists.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
True! Plus, pop culture personas have been in the game before - the Blob (Nocturne, Persona 2, etc.), Carrie (Persona 1), Chris the Car (SMTII, SMT If), Audrey ( SMTII), etc...
I mean, all of the party members first Persona in P5 were based on literary figures, so I could see them doing something similar where the first Persona's are Nintendo characters.

amageish

Smash Master
I mean, all of the party members first Persona in P5 were based on literary figures, so I could see them doing something similar where the first Persona's are Nintendo characters.
I wasn't thinking of making them important persona, just some fuseable easter eggs, but that would be really cool if they did it! I do wonder what will be the thematic push for Persona 6, whenever that happens...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wasn't thinking of making them important persona, just some fuseable easter eggs, but that would be really cool if they did it! I do wonder what will be the thematic push for Persona 6, whenever that happens...
Oh, I get what you mean now. Sorry, I thought you were adding on to the Nintendo X Persona game concept from earlier. I can see possible Nintendo exclusive Persona's for future Persona games on the hardware. As for the next game's them, I am not sure. P4 and P5 hit completely different sides of the spectrum, so its hard to say. All I know is this, it would be smart to keep the heavy style of P5 for future installments. They hit a goldmine with it, and I don't imagine they will get tired of using it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Honestly, maybe this is sacrilege but P5 was such a good ending to the 3-6 trilogy they could milk 5 for ten years and just give us something else after and I'd be pretty happy. Throw countless spinoffs at us for all I care.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I've seen those before! Super cool artwork.

Oh yeah... That was a weird "leak"... It also claimed that they had only gotten Noctis from Final Fantasy XV instead of... any of the PS-exclusive FF protagonists.
I forgot Noctis was on there

Also every SMT game ever has Ghost Rider as a Persona lol

amageish

Smash Master
Oh, I get what you mean now. Sorry, I thought you were adding on to the Nintendo X Persona game concept from earlier. I can see possible Nintendo exclusive Persona's for future Persona games on the hardware. As for the next game's them, I am not sure. P4 and P5 hit completely different sides of the spectrum, so its hard to say. All I know is this, it would be smart to keep the heavy style of P5 for future installments. They hit a goldmine with it, and I don't imagine they will get tired of using it.
That's definitely understandable - there are a lot of conversations going on. I was just thinking as a general cameo.

Yeah, I agree... At minimum, I'd expect it to be flashy and somewhat universal/topical, given P5's success.

Honestly, maybe this is sacrilege but P5 was such a good ending to the 3-6 trilogy they could milk 5 for ten years and just give us something else after and I'd be pretty happy. Throw countless spinoffs at us for all I care.
I mean, assuming mainline SMT continues and whatever Project Re: Fantasy is happens, I'd be down for Persona 5 Arena, Persona 5 Curry Cooking Mama, and Persona 5: Ace Attorney (wherein you play as Naoto, hired as a freelance detective for Sae, and work alongside Katsuya, Chie, Akihiko and Makoto in the policeforce).

Also every SMT game ever has Ghost Rider as a Persona lol
Also true haha!

Inb4 they get Demifiend so we have SMT and Persona characters on their preferred companies swapped.
Knowing PSABR's luck, I think they'd somehow end up using Akira...

...from DemiKids.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Me seeing that haniaw has finally posted the second confidant comic he promised:

And it's a fun one. It's weird though, why is it that Kirby is one of the most popular characters to have Joker intact with in fan art(Besides Bayonetta of course)?

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Also tell me WHY I am not allowed to kill the
guy who SUES a teen and also try to kill his own son?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Because murder is wrong in the first place.
True. But throughout the game, everybody not named or evil acted like he is this.....monster who don't need to exist. Like, really harsh on their end.

Off topic, but sometimes the plot confuses me in the anime, moreso than the game. like, are they changing stuff up? Is everything the same?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Me seeing that haniaw has finally posted the second social link comic he promised:

And it's a fun one. It's weird though, why is it that Kirby is one of the most popular characters to have Joker intact with in fan art(Besides Bayonetta of course)?
I think its probably because Kirby is appealing to everyone. He's had enough spin-offs that I think most people can find a Kirby game they enjoy and, if not, he's still adorable. Its also fun to see him interacting with the realistic downtrodden world of Persona 5 when his games are bright and colourful.

They also both share an affinity for killing gods, so, you know, that too.

Off topic, but sometimes the plot confuses me in the anime, moreso than the game. like, are they changing stuff up? Is everything the same?
It's basically the same, but the emotions are heightened and the pacing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster (as one should expect when you're adapting a game as long as Persona 5). Side-characters are also worked into the plot more, often combining their arcs to make them fit into the runtime.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think its probably because Kirby is appealing to everyone. He's had enough spin-offs that I think most people can find a Kirby game they enjoy and, if not, he's still adorable. Its also fun to see him interacting with the realistic downtrodden world of Persona 5 when his games are bright and colourful.

They also both share an affinity for killing gods, so, you know, that too.

It's basically the same, but the emotions are heightened and the pacing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster (as one should expect when you're adapting a game as long as Persona 5). Side-characters are also worked into the plot more, often combining their arcs to make them fit into the runtime.
Makes sense. There is also the joke that Kirby is kinda the protag of WoL, which is touched upon in this comic. I will say though, it is fitting that Kirby would be the Fool as well, considering his nature and skill set.

Edit: Fixed some spelling errors. Tired and typing on phone.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Gonna be attending my first Smash tournament this Tuesday.

I know I need to use the time to get better at Smash regardless, but I'm gonna feel so limited not being able to use the character I know darn well I'm gonna use the most, lmao.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I will say, inspired by the comic above and how I found Kirby to be fitting as the Fool arcana, I decided to try my hand at assigning other Nintendo characters to possible arcana. I would love to hear your guy's thoughts on possible placement, as I am not the most familiar with the whole of the Persona franchise.
0/XXII — The Fool: Kirby

I — The Magician: Robin(Male)

II — The Priestess: Palutena

III — The Empress: Zelda

IV — The Emperor: Bowser

V — The Hierophant: Mario

VI — The Lovers: Corrin(Female)

VII — The Chariot: Wario

VIII — Strength: Samus

IX — The Hermit: R.O.B.

X — The Wheel of Fortune: Shulk

XI — Justice: Meta Knight

XII — The Hanged Man: Mewtwo

XIII — Death: Lucina

XIV — Temperance: Villager(Male)

XV — The Devil: Ganondorf

XVI — The Tower: Falco

XVII — The Star: Isabelle

XVIII — The Moon: Inkling(Female)(I am going to be honest, this one is very difficult to assign)

XIX — The Sun: Pit

XX — Judgement: Lucario

Edit: Added genders specification.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I will say, inspired by the comic above and how I found Kirby to be fitting as the Fool arcana, I decided to try my hand at assigning other Nintendo characters to possible arcana. I would love to hear your guy's thoughts on possible placement, as I am not the most familiar with the whole of the Persona franchise.

I — The Magician: Robin

VI — The Lovers: Corrin

XIV — Temperance: Villager

XVIII — The Moon: Inkling(I am going to be honest, this one is very difficult to assign)

Ooh I wanna try.

Fool- Kirby

Magician- Robin

Priestess- Zelda

Empress- Palutena

Emperor- Ganondorf

Hierophant- Mario

Lovers- Peach

Chariot- Samus

Strength- Ryu

Hermit- Mr. Game and Watch

Fortune- Shulk

Justice- Lucina

Hanged Man- Bowser

Death- Ridley

Temperance- Isabelle

Devil- Bayonetta

Tower- Ike

Star- Ness

Moon- Lucas

Sun- Pit

Judgement- Richter (You don't belong in this world monster!)

Aeon- Rosalina

Hunger- Wario

Jester- King Dedede

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ooh I wanna try.

Fool- Kirby

Magician- Robin

Priestess- Zelda

Empress- Palutena

Emperor- Ganondorf

Hierophant- Mario

Lovers- Peach

Chariot- Samus

Strength- Ryu

Hermit- Mr. Game and Watch

Fortune- Shulk

Justice- Lucina

Hanged Man- Bowser

Death- Ridley

Temperance- Isabelle

Devil- Bayonetta

Tower- Ike

Star- Ness

Moon- Lucas

Sun- Pit

Judgement- Richter (You don't belong in this world monster!)

Aeon- Rosalina

Hunger- Wario

Jester- King Dedede
I see we agreed on several things, though I did not think to add in the Aeon and Hunger arcana. I will say this about Ridley though, I don't think making a link with him would be possible.

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
Do you think depending on the situation in the World of Light Joker's Arcana would be changed or would it stay as The Fool? For example
.His Arcana changing to The World because he obtains it at the end

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Do you think depending on the situation in the World of Light Joker's Arcana would be changed or would it stay as The Fool? For example
His Arcana changing to The World because he obtains it at the end.
I don't think any of the arcana's are going to be addressed in any serious way besides the fact that Joker is the Fool, and thus the Wild Card. And even if they were all addressed, I doubt The World will make an appearance due to its nature.

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
I don't think any of the arcana's are going to be addressed in any serious way besides the fact that Joker is the Fool, and thus the Wild Card. And even if they were all addressed, I doubt The World will make an appearance due to its nature.
That makes sense, I don't think the Arcana would even be a thought in the Dev teams mind, I was just saying it for fun, because I was thinking about how it works in similar fashion to Persona Q.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That makes sense, I don't think the Arcana would even be a thought in the Dev teams mind, I was just saying it for fun, because I was thinking about how it works in similar fashion to Persona Q.
I do not know how it was used in PQ. I do think it's on Sakurais mind, as we know how that man loves representing all tge little things from the series he works with, it's just a matter of how and can they with the DLC resources.

amageish

Smash Master

I — The Magician: Robin(Male)

VI — The Lovers: Corrin(Female)

XIV — Temperance: Villager(Male)

XVIII — The Moon: Inkling(Female)(I am going to be honest, this one is very difficult to assign)

Edit: Added genders specification.
This seems fun! I'll join in as well.

Fool: Kirby
Magician: Pit
Priestess: Isabelle
Empress: Zelda
Empreror: Bowser
Hierophant: Pokemon Trainer (assuming he's like Red and has already completed his journey, so he can now be the mentor-type)
Lovers: Ice Climbers (I know the canon is ambigious to their relationship, but still)
Chariot: Inkling
Strength: Wii Fit Trainer
Hermit: BotW Link (as the Hermit is meant to be someone who returned from a period of spiritual isolation and meditation)
Fortune: Robin
Justice: Lucina
Hanged Man: Peach (as the Hanged Man is meant to be someone who has lost control over their life... She's pretty controlled.)
Death: Samus
Temperance: Duck Hunt Dog
Devil: Wario
Tower: Little Mac
Star: Mario
Sun: Shulk
Moon: Cloud
Judgement: Bayonetta

Maybe later I can be true to form and add in Troth cards for the DLC characters.

I doubt they'll take much from Persona Q mechanic-wise, given how that game's balancing is to make the protagonists less strong while making everyone else stronger....

I wonder when can we expect to see Joker's gameplay as well as its character render?
I would expect some mention of it next direct (which I assume is January), but maybe not gameplay until the next-next-direct.

Top Bottom