• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, what you're expecting in this case is a result of false advertising.

Okay, let's suppose for a moment that this does happen. People expect 5 uniques, as it was said that the fighter pass would consist of. Then an Echo comes out of nowhere, and then angry and confused people end up calling him and Nintendo liars. Would the Echo be standalone? Free? Need to be bought? That's something that needs to be taken into consideration for those who aren't sold on the fighter pass if unknowns like that show up suddenly.

Character rules and DLC rules are not the same thing.

If nothing happens with the girl after next week's Persona event, we can lay this debate to rest. Again, I expect only an alt at most, it would take even less work than Echoes (especially given how long Joker took to make).
It'd be a free bonus echo. And people would be happy because it'd mean dlc fighters can potentially get echo fighters. Obviously they wouldnt say that other fighters would get any, but if people can learn from the past and just be open to it without expecting them then there isn't really a problem. But it's not like nintendo cares if people would expect them anyway.

It was never supposed to be a debate. I just wanted to put up some points as to why I still think it could somehow happen. You dont need to counter the points, you dont even need to do or think anything about it. It's just an idea and it's a good thing to be open anyway, it's not like expecting.
And if they added costumes after the 8 that would be easier for sure, yeah.

And we have tons to look forward to with persona news at the concert too. ;)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It'd be a free bonus echo. And people would be happy because it'd mean dlc fighters can potentially get echo fighters. Obviously they wouldnt say that other fighters would get any, but if people can learn from the past and just be open to it without expecting them then there isn't really a problem. But it's not like nintendo cares if people would expect them anyway.

It was never supposed to be a debate. I just wanted to put up some points as to why I still think it could somehow happen. You dont need to counter the points, you dont even need to do or think anything about it. It's just an idea and it's a good thing to be open anyway, it's not like expecting.
And if they added costumes after the 8 that would be easier for sure, yeah.

And we have tons to look forward to with persona news at the concert too. ;)
I'm just saying, what you're expecting makes no sense to me, but whatever, we'll see what happens I guess. If nothing comes in between unique character release for this pass, then that's that. Let's just get on with it.

That said, it's good to see that the songs weren't too strongly tied to contracts, both :ultbayonetta: and some :ultsonic: songs ran into this problem--

Oh my god! :ultjoker:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm just saying, what you're expecting makes no sense to me, but whatever, we'll see what happens I guess. If nothing comes in between unique character release for this pass, then that's that. Let's just get on with it.

That said, it's good to see that the songs weren't too strongly tied to contracts, both :ultbayonetta: and some :ultsonic: songs ran into this problem--

Like I'm trying to say, It's not about expecting anything. It's about being open to possibilities. And i just wanted to bring up what could work in her favor at this point.

Anyway, it was just meant to be one post, since i would think what's exciting is joker that's about to drop in not long.
I like music in smash but it's really the last thing im gonna check out. I really just wanna try all the moves first ;p

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Huh, I wonder where they got the icon.

:ultjoker::lucina: vs. :yoshi::ankoku::troll:

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping that Nintendo does their maintenance early or they leak out the patch so that I can play Joker now.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
About 3 hours to go?

I was still thinking about jane and I came up with some arguments for why she could be an echo fighter.
I know a lot of people are going to treat her as deconfirmed and that makes sense but im not gonna give up on her til this month is over.

She makes sense as an echo fighter because she may have a different 'alignment' than joker. With alph and the koopalings they're all in the same boat as the character they're with, but if jane isnt even the same kind of ally, and has a different persona, then she makes sense as an echo fighter. She could have some ability that's different too and could replace one of the b moves.

The other thing is that the data was from an early enough version, so back then they could've been toying with the idea of having her as a costume but decided it wasnt the best fit, the string they ffound can be deleted data they overlooked, and if you think about how the mementos stage was mispelled, it could be as simple as that it's that kind of data.

If we think that nintendo wanted to release joker when they could, maybe this is a case where they'd wait for the extra news from atlus to reveal her as an echo. Not to mention that other 3rd party character like the belmonts and street fighter got echos in this cycle, it's not impossible for sakurai to like that trend and make one for dlc either.

I know I'm stretching a little and she can easily just not show up at all, but I do want to put the idea out there and keep a little open about it at least ;)
Jane as an echo fighter would be a waste. If they're going to make extra echoes, at least make ones that people asked for.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Jane as an echo fighter would be a waste. If they're going to make extra echoes, at least make ones that people asked for.
No existing character could use a knife and gun quite like that, and I think that there's certain criteria to be an echo that has to be respected.
We dont know exactly who she is yet, so it's hard to say either way, but I think no other character could be joker's echo, at least that's my thought on it.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
No existing character could use a knife and gun quite like that, and I think that there's certain criteria to be an echo that has to be respected.
We dont know exactly who she is yet, so it's hard to say either way, but I think no other character could be joker's echo, at least that's my thought on it.
Why does Joker need an echo? If resources are going into an extra echo, don't put in one no one cares about soley for advertising for another company. Do like, Dixie Kong or Impa or something. Make it a separate thing from the fighter pass.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why does Joker need an echo? If resources are going into an extra echo, don't put in one no one cares about soley for advertising for another company. Do like, Dixie Kong or Impa or something. Make it a separate thing from the fighter pass.
I'm all for Impa. But I don't see anything wrong with making an echo that's also for a promotional reason. It seems like a cool enough character and I want to find out more about her. and I imagine whatever p5r has to bring to the table will be interesting. It's not always about appealing to fan demands, it's also sometimes about bringing something new to the table, just like there's new games.

There's a part of me that might want to put things in a wringer like you're doing with resources, but that's also coming from you who wants something from them and that's normal we'd all like something, but ultimately we also enjoy what they cook up for us too. Anyway, i understand the point but I think it's fine, and even cool. I do think that most of the time if businesses cater to the fans it's good practice,... but you want that all the time? that's asking quite a bit. But let's see how things go and how people enjoy something like that too, for whatever does come in the future. In a way not a lot of people were asking for persona in smash, but there it is, and lots are enjoying what they're seeing up to now :)

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Major spoiler warning, but I love this video so much..

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hope we all enjoy talking about joker as or after we get to play him. ;)

see you on the other side of trying out the fun.

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm not the only one getting errors.....
I had a feeling this will happen.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
This is what happens when 2 million or so people try to download at the same time

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Server still under maintenance and the download doesnt work. Ill try once in a while..

Teeb147

Smash Legend
im gonna stay up late anyway, tho hopefully it'll be soon so people can play

D

Deleted member

I give up. I have work early tomorrow and I'm very tired. I'll try again before I leave for work.

Top Bottom