• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joker kill confirm patch 3.0

Johny1121

Smash Rookie
This post I will be sharing two kill confirm with joker(with and without his persona).

Now for the kill confirm without persona,to do it you have to hit with the first hit of forward At around 110% then you up smash.

For the second kill confirm (when you have persona)you down air at 85% then you up smash.

That it for all the kill confirm that I know of.

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie
On the topic of confirms-

A non-persona Fair offstage kills at 75 (tested on G&W, higher percentage may be needed for heavier characters.)

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
no persona:

Fair hit 1 > jab > jab > fsmash

taken from void's recent joker guide, highly suggest you all to check it out

Joqu73

Smash Rookie
fair 1 -> u air -> up b -> u air -> up b -> u air -> up b -> u air drag down -> f smash

I did all of my testing on mario , and dedede (for heavies).

The last drag down to f smash isn't 100% guaranteed, and on small characters you must drift backwards after connecting the u air multi hit before landing. Also the u air -> up b can be repeated as much as you want as long as they arnt to high in percent or as long as you have space left. The up b to u air eventually stops working at around 75 percent on Mario.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
no persona:

Fair hit 1 > jab > jab > fsmash

taken from void's recent joker guide, highly suggest you all to check it out
That fair 1 has to be on an aerial opponent to drag down. It's a jab lock set up.

Also for fair 1 to knock the opponent down they have to be at about 80%.

You can put them into the air with a fair 1 and drag down with another fair 1.

So realistically it should be fair 1, fair 1 (on aerial opponent), jab, jab, f smash.

I labbed out the set up the other day, it's crazy good.

I've already managed to hit it in a couple friendlies.

It's important to note that while fair 1 won't knock down an opponent below ~80%, it will drag down and allow a free follow up like the up air drag downs.

However, I feel like fair 1 drag down set ups are better than up air drag down set ups in many cases.

You can convert on a spaced fair 1 and get the grab off of that.

It's also less DIable and will likely work on floaties too.

Oh and the set up works with persona too.

---

Other set ups include:

Fair 1 (on a grounded opponent) -> up smash.

Gun -> gun dash gun (knocks down) -> gun dash gun (locks) -> f smash

The gun lock is really tight though and gun doesn't start knocking down until around 100% for mid-weights.

Spacing it is also kind of a struggle because 1) you can hit them off stage and then it's ruined 2) you can fail to space it properly to follow up with such a strict timing.

You can also use gun to lock from a fair 1 drag down lock, but it makes the timing more strict for the sake of a bit of additional damage and it's probably not worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom