• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joker BnB Combos

Firox

Smash Master
Sup, boys and girls! Joker's out and it's time to represent! I thought it would be cool to set up a collection of known true combos for Joker as they get discovered. Below are some of the ones I've found so far:

Down throw->Fair
Up Throw-> Up air
Up tilt->Up air
Dtilt->Up air/Fair
and if you really want a juicy string, Up tilt->Up air->Up B pull down->Up air/Fair

Please let me know what else you find!

Last edited:

Smash Cadet
I see your a Greninja main, so you can confirm whether or not this works.

I was fooling around with Joker and after I saw his Uair, I tried doing the dragdown Uair into Utilt chain. It seemed to work pretty well for me, and the timing seemed more lenient than for Greninja's.

Something to do at the 40-90% range I guess (without Asene)

Firox

Smash Master
I see your a Greninja main, so you can confirm whether or not this works.

I was fooling around with Joker and after I saw his Uair, I tried doing the dragdown Uair into Utilt chain. It seemed to work pretty well for me, and the timing seemed more lenient than for Greninja's.

Something to do at the 40-90% range I guess (without Asene)
Holy crap! You're right! The up air behaves exactly the same! Good call! You might even be able to mix in an Up B at higher percent.

Last edited:

Smash Cadet
I found something else interesting (from experience playing Ganondorf):

So with Ganon, Nair has two hits, with the first one made so it only has enough knockback to combo into the second hit, but if you fall to the ground and time it so that only the first hit comes out, Ganon suddenly gets some stupid combo ranges:

0-65% Nair1 > Grab
65%-100% Nair1 > Jab
100+% Nair1 > Ftilt/Dtilt (kill confirm)

Joker has something similar with his F-Air. You can figure out the timing for shorthops but the easiest way to do it is full hop, fast fall at the top, and then immediately Fair. In the place Fair1 knocks you to, Joker doesn't have too many options. At 0%, you can follow with Usmash (and sourspot Utilt), but you can follow up with Fair/Uair at just about any percent. Granted, these only accumulate 10% and neither will kill until 170% (Fair1 > Fair can kill Daisy at 130% by the edge).

It's hard kill confirming with raw Joker...

Last edited:

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Fair 1 -> Drag down up air works at low and mid percents.
From this drag down up air you can do a variety of things. Down smash at higher percents, grab at lower percents... go wild.

Smash Cadet
Fair 1 -> Drag down up air works at low and mid percents.
From this drag down up air you can do a variety of things. Down smash at higher percents, grab at lower percents... go wild.
Dang I didn't think of putting those two things together, now Fair1 is practical!

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Sup, boys and girls! Joker's out and it's time to represent! I thought it would be cool to set up a collection of known true combos for Joker as they get discovered. Below are some of the ones I've found so far:

Down throw->Fair
Up Throw-> Up air
Up tilt->Up air
Dtilt->Up air/Fair
and if you really want a juicy string, Up tilt->Up air->Up B pull down->Up air/Fair

Please let me know what else you find!

Haden confirmed a 0% to death combo against about 90% of the cast using a dragdown upair string with a juggle to the edge for a literally impossible to mess up edge guard.

ADYBE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8398-5678-1580
Dair can be followed with dtilt at 0-10%

Uninstall

Smash Rookie
I don't know exact percents because I haven't tested it too thoroughly, but the first hit of fair pops the opponent up and slightly away. I know it combos into another Fair at low percents, possibly dash attack at 0% on heavies, Uair (normal and drag-down as Aquamentii mentioned), and might combo into RAR Bair, but I haven't checked that one. Nair seems to be too slow to follow up after it.

Also, Falling Nair > Dtilt > Uair is a quick 22% to open with, as well as Falling Nair > Dtilt > Utilt which does 26%. (1v1 with stale moves on; turning them off results in 21% and 25% respectively)

Last edited:

Smash Cadet
About Fair's first hit: Nair is too slow, RAR Bair does work but the spacing is hard and can probably be DI'ed, Uair and Fair as a follow up are true at really any percent.

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie
Figured I'd make an account to post a combo I found!

D-Tilt to U-Tilt to UAir is a combo, and at the end you can Up-B to grab the opponent and bring them down, at this point I'd usually use side-b and rack up the damage further. I should mention the side-b at the end will deny the opponent from teching the landing, meaning you can rush up to them and grab! (Doesn't work with the persona, U-Tilt's knockback becomes too great and you lose the grapple.)

I'm not sure if the grapple is true (The combo counter seems to reset in training mode...), but if you do land it, you get an extra hit (Or you could go for the grapple-UAir-grapple-UAir-and so on loop.)

Firox

Smash Master
Haden confirmed a 0% to death combo against about 90% of the cast using a dragdown upair string with a juggle to the edge for a literally impossible to mess up edge guard.
I really need a video of this in my life. Please make it so, number one.

Akimbo204

Smash Rookie
I’ve been using Dair - up throw - up tilt - up air - grapple - Fair
Usually only works at extremely low percentages
You can put a side b before the Fair

Last edited:

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie
Update to my combo!

If you down throw into side special the opponent (Tested on pikachu) will be pushed far enough away that downtilt will hit them near the end, meaning you are guaranteed to get D-Tilt to U-Tilt to U-Air!

Though the opponent might be able to tech or DI further away, but overall it seems like a good mixup to throw into your mix.

Calamitous

Smash Rookie
Not sure if it can be DI'd, but a 0-60% combo without Arsene active is:

Grab -> Pummel x 2 -> D-Throw -> Shorthop F-air -> D-Tilt -> U-Tilt -> U-Air -> fastfall -> U-Special -> F-Air

Uninstall

Smash Rookie

Grab -> Pummel x 2 -> D-Throw -> Shorthop F-air -> D-Tilt -> U-Tilt -> U-Air -> fastfall -> U-Special -> F-Air
I haven't tested the combo, but I would never pummel twice at 0. Good mashers will get out every time, and then your 60% becomes 1% lol. Just doing the buffered pummel only loses out on a bit over 1% and as long as you buffer the throw I don't think I've ever seen anyone mash out, especially not online.

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie

Do you have footage of this? I cannot get it to work as Fair knocks the opponent back too far and even if you fastfall and d-tilt immediately the opponent isn't low enough. The combo breaks at F-Air. (Tried on G&W, but plausible on bigger characters???)

Last edited:

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
Do you have footage of this? I cannot get it to work as Fair knocks the opponent back too far and even if you fastfall and d-tilt immediately the opponent isn't low enough. The combo breaks at F-Air. (Tried on G&W, but plausible on bigger characters???)
I've done it dozens of times, it might just be that G&W is too light. Frankly, I disagree with calling this a 0-60% combo, even on middleweights this stops being real after roughly 30%. I have a feeling they tested this on a big heavy.

endres007

Smash Rookie
landing Dair and Nair seem to combo nicely into a grab at low percents, if anyone has trouble getting grabs.

Firox

Smash Master
After some practice, I'm finding Dtilt->Up tilt to not be true, however Dtilt->Up air is. At higher percents, the combo seems to be able to transition into
Dtilt->Up B grapple. Anyone else getting the same results?

ADYBE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8398-5678-1580
After some practice, I'm finding Dtilt->Up tilt to not be true, however Dtilt->Up air is. At higher percents, the combo seems to be able to transition into
Dtilt->Up B grapple. Anyone else getting the same results?
I got the same result. The grapple is quite difficult to get because of the DI or if the opponent dodge or jump, but you can use this as a trap, like you used the grapple three times after a dtilt and the fourth time you wait for the dodge and then you punish.

Firox

Smash Master
I got the same result. The grapple is quite difficult to get because of the DI or if the opponent dodge or jump, but you can use this as a trap, like you used the grapple three times after a dtilt and the fourth time you wait for the dodge and then you punish.
Right on, that's exactly what you do. Condition them to dodge and then punish em hard.

Firox

Smash Master
Is comboing into the grapple ever true? The startup seems too long for it to be inescapable.
As long as they don't DI, I believe Up air->Up B is true. Also, I'm pretty sure Dtilt->Up B at mid to high percents is true.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
So...

I realized something.

https://www.facebook.com/thehaxfactory/videos/10156039275932115/

We all know down throw to fair is true, but how many people have considered the thought of down throw to fair 1?

I don't think it'll connect at percents that can set up jab locks, but!

You can true combo into down tilt or regrab.

That leads to scenarios like the one in this clip.

I practice fair 1 confirms a lot and happened to hit fair 1 off a down throw and muscle memory took over and gave me this string.

And yes, I unfortunately do most of my practice against 9 bots, don't have a practice partner and the online experience is terrible.

I'm sure you've noticed that I could have dragged down the up air as well.

Drag down up air can connect to another regrab, another down tilt, or even down smash (though the timing for down smash is very tight).

I think it's worth looking at how we approach Joker combos and how we can factor in extensions like this from a single grab.

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie
I don't think down throw into fair 1 is a true combo. If you don't input fair as you hop then they get out of hitstun in time, and if you do then you can't fastfall in time. (Tested against Bowser.jr and Ike)

I do think it is a good option for mixup and can lead into another throw as fair 1 is fast and resets them out of their grab cooldown.

I would love to see some more experimentation with fair 1 and see if it can be used to continue a combo, rather than just start one.

Also if it is any consolation I usually play on the spirit board ;p Don't have a partner to spar with either, at least not frequently.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
I don't think down throw into fair 1 is a true combo. If you don't input fair as you hop then they get out of hitstun in time, and if you do then you can't fastfall in time. (Tested against Bowser.jr and Ike)
I'll test it some more, but that was against a 9 bot, so if it wasn't true, it realistically should have escaped. 9 bots just about always escape if they are capable of doing so, even if the escape is frame perfect. Maybe it was fortunate DI, like maybe down and away DI from the bot made it real?

If that's the case though, it's still worth considering. Down and away DI is pretty much standard and they'd need match up specific knowledge to know to DI that differently to avoid it.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So I've been trying to play a lot of Joker online lately, and have been having some trouble landing combos. I know this is partially due to the 6 frame lag that is inherent with the online that makes it more challenging to play combo-oriented characters, but I was wondering what you guys have found to be particularly consistent when it comes to combos. I'm talkin' near 100% consistent true combos. Here are the ones that, hell or high water, seem to work for me:

Up throw-> Up air ->(maybe with optional Up B into Fair)
Down throw-> Fair
Dtilt->Up tilt/Up air-> Up air (if Up tilt was used instead of the first Up air)
SH Dair->DA or Grab

Does anyone else have others that work reliably? Please let me know.

Top Bottom