• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joker’s backstory???

T3RT1S

Level Up!
NNID
pokeLogZ
Hi fellow smash players, I’m not a big persona player so I don’t really know much about Joker. I really just wanted to know Jokers backstory.

JKrisom

Smash Rookie
Its an amazingly long game, over 90 hours at least. I suggest you look at some spoiler-free videos for better information.

Without spoiling anything mayor (or at least I think so): Joker is an unnamed protagonist from Japan who is accused of false charges on violence and sentenced to live in a foster home while on probation. He's then given access to the 'Metaverse' by unknown sources, a place where inner thoughts and emotions take form, and he's tasked to steal the hearts of the evil-doers in the metaverse, ridding them of their corrupted desires and making them repent in the real world.

That's as short and spoiler free as I can make it without making it too vague. If you want more info, perhaps check this video or this video, the latter goes a little A LOT more into spoilers and makes tons of jokes based on the story.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That basically summed it up. Joker is a good kid who was arrested and framed for a crime he didn't commit. He is a member of a group called The Phantom Thieves, which is basically a group of kids all outcast or looked down on by society or trapped in their lives they did not choose. They infiltrate the Metaverse and all have the power to summon creatures called Personas which are the manifestations of their rebellion. Like summons, basically. But outside of his Phantom Thief ways, he's just a kid trying to get through school and a part-time job and live his life while society criticizes him for having a criminal record.

It's a really good game. I'd recommend it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Since the Phantom Thieves don't technically steal any property, I have to wonder why their activities are considered "criminal". Morally questionable, yes, but they aren't actually doing anything illegal.
At least, not until they get framed for murder, and even then, that wasn’t actually a crime they committed, just a crime staged to look like they did it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The protagonist (named Ren Anamiya in the anime) is being framed for a crime which he did not commit and is the main leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, a team which consists of Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, Makoto, Futaba and Haru who seek to steal their hearts in order to confess their crimes within the cognitive environment.

Top Bottom