• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jojo's Bizarre Thread ~Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion~

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
Hi there! This is a thread for any fan of the series Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. This is a discussion from a wide range of things from the series such as: the Manga, Anime, Games, etc. For those unfamiliar with the series. Here's a little summary of the first six parts for anyone who's not too familiar.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a Shonen Jump series (Now in Ultra Jump as of 2004) made by Hirohiko Araki. The story follows the Joestar family in their many adventures.

Part 1: Phantom Blood

Summary: The story follows Jonathan Joestar's struggle with his adoptive brother, Dio Brando. After Dio turns into a vampire after retrieving the Stone Mask, it is up to Jonathan, using Hamon, to stop Dio.

Part 2: Battle Tendency

Summary: In 1939 the grandson of Jonathan, Joseph Joestar, must fight the creators of the Stone Mask known as the pillar men. These three men, Esidisi, Whamuu, and Kars must be stopped with the power of Hamon.

Part 3: Stardust Crusaders

Summary: Many years after the first part, Dio Brando appears after his long slumber. But this time he is using Jonathan's body. It is up to the great grandson of Jonathan, Jotaro Kujo, and the other main characters Joseph Joestar, Mohammad Avdol, Noriaki Kakyoin, Jean Pierre Polneraff, and Iggy to stop Dio on this long journey from Tokyo to Cairo, Egypt. This part also introduces the new power, stands.

I will update this with the other parts tomorrow!

WARNING FOR NEWCOMERS TO THE SERIES: Obviously since this is a discussion, it will contain spoilers of what happens in the series. Keep in mind, if you don't want to be spoiled, be careful when reading posts.

Last edited:

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
So, since we're getting close to this in the anime, we might as well talk about the Vanilla Ice and Dio fights in part 3 :p

finalark

SNORLAX
I've only seen/read what's come out in the US, but I'm started reading fan translations of part 4. Really hoping the anime doesn't stop at part 3, because that would be a disappointingly weak note to end on IMO.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
I've only seen/read what's come out in the US, but I'm started reading fan translations of part 4. Really hoping the anime doesn't stop at part 3, because that would be a disappointingly weak note to end on IMO.
Same here. Part 4 is really good lol. It's my favorite part. I think since Stardust Crusaders is doing pretty well in sales, part 4 will most likely be made.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm fairly new to the series myself. But I do like it so far. I've only watched up until early Part 3, like before they fight the Ape. Not sure who's my favorite character aside from Speedwagon and Dio.

That said, I've heard a lot of good things about part 4 with Josuke. So I might read that if I can when I'm done watching Part 3.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly new to the series myself. But I do like it so far. I've only watched up until early Part 3, like before they fight the Ape. Not sure who's my favorite character aside from Speedwagon and Dio.

That said, I've heard a lot of good things about part 4 with Josuke. So I might read that if I can when I'm done watching Part 3.
Oh cool! Nice to have a newcomer to the series!

soju

SD God
I can only hope that they continue after part 3, I've been reading it since the OVA came out and this is a big walk down memory lane for me.

soju

SD God
Speaking of which, I should really catch up with the anime after I finish Part 7. I want to see Dio's World animated, damn it!
There's always the OVA if you're impatient huehuehue

How's part 7 for you its my favorite out of the series?

soju

SD God
haha thats how a lot of people are, i wont spoil much but lets just say the character development in that story is the reason why it's my favorite, there really isn't a character that I hate in part 7 and many characters I love

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
haha thats how a lot of people are, i wont spoil much but lets just say the character development in that story is the reason why it's my favorite, there really isn't a character that I hate in part 7 and many characters I love
Well, I just finished part 7.

Oh my god, I literally cried near the end for multiple reasons. ;-;

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
So, now that the Stardust Crusaders anime is over do we know if we're going to get an adaptation of part 4?
We don't know officially. But it all depends on the blu-ray sales. So far, SC is selling pretty well. We'll most likely be getting one I think.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I find it kind of sad that we'll probably be at part 9 or the end of part 8 by the time part 6 is getting animated. Glad to see there's a Jojo thread around here.

soju

SD God
I'm going to assume that going up to part 6 is their plan, since they showed all of them in phantom bloods opening. If that is true then I'll be a bit depressed as my boy Johnny Joestar in all his crippledness wont be animated. :[

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I'm currently up to Part 3. I am waiting for the following parts to be animated in the meantime but in case they don't, is reading the manga sufficient?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I'm decently into part 4 now. I made it up to a certain point before taking a break. Suffice to say I really like it actually. About as much as Part 3. I think that's because each of those parts have a strong team dynamic, so there's always more than 2 or 3 characters to get attached to.

The part I read up to is when Koichi unlocked in his inner Gohan again and used Act 3 on Kira and ****ed up his arm. Then Jotaro handed Kira's ass to him on a silver platter. He then killed the Cinderella lady and made his face look like that other business man.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I'm up to Steel Ball Run and the one thing I've noticed the most is that the art style has changed a lot.

soju

SD God
The series has been going on for so long that it's inevitable for Araki's artstyle to develop and change, I appreciate both styles personally and seeing the transition from the beginning to the end is pretty dope.

Also soccer dad Kira is too good for the likes of Josuke and the Morioh Mystery Gang.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I've finally reached JoJolion.
IT IS NOT FOR KIDS.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Personally,its a tie between Part 4 and Part 7 for me. I like the others too but....dem stands doe

Top Bottom