• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs Secondary

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
Let's talk about Jiggs secondaries.

I use Weegee and Ness for lols, but I'm trying to find serious ones that aren't MK.

Discuss.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Snake covers our worst match ups better than any other character.
Still got Olimar and King DDD to worry about with Snake as a secondary.

Not saying that your statement above is false, but your going to need more than just Snake as a secondary to succeed, to add onto that you've got to be a pretty darn good Snake too otherwise your going to get wrecked. Remember that he won't be like Jigglypuff where nobody knows how to fight her.

I evenly split up my mains between Diddy Kong and Jigglypuff. It allows me to take down opponents greater than I am with a Novelty character (Jigglypuff) and take the rest of the opponents that know how to handle Jigglypuff with my overall best character Diddy Kong.

Basically what I said was that I use Diddy Kong to beat everyone at or below my skill level, and when I have to fight somebody thats above my skill level whom I can't beat, I switch to Jigglypuff a beat them by knowing the matchup better. For me to be defeated my opponent's skill must be greater than mine and know how to fight Jigglypuff. Which makes myself do better than the average Jigglypuff or Diddy main.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
sonic. 2short
Don't you have any information as of why Sonic would make a good secondary for Jigglypuff?

Regardless of who you said Jigglypuff's secondary should be you should have an explanation as to why, other than because you main Sonic.

NCdabess

Smash Cadet
Only reason i say that is because there are absolutely no sonic mains in the whole state that i know of and most people i talk to/play dont know the matchup well.i suck at competitive braling so for me to win with sonic says something. Besides,it shouldnt be too hard to adapt to the playstyles of both characters since they both do well offstage.(more jigglypuff but sonic does have decent gimp ability on certain characters).
And please correct me if im wrong im relatively new to this.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Only reason i say that is because there are absolutely no sonic mains in the whole state that i know of and most people i talk to/play dont know the matchup well.i suck at competitive braling so for me to win with sonic says something. Besides,it shouldnt be too hard to adapt to the playstyles of both characters since they both do well offstage.(more jigglypuff but sonic does have decent gimp ability on certain characters).
And please correct me if im wrong im relatively new to this.
Most people in the competitive tournament scene have secondaries for the sole reason of having a backup character when their against someone their main character can't handle.

Jigglypuff is just god awful against Mr. G&W with a 85-15 in G&W's favor. If the Jigglypuff doesn't have a secondary then well your pretty much screwed. However if your main is somebody like Snake that can beat Mr. G&W then you're in the clear.

Sonic particularly isn't a good choice for a secondary to Jigglypuff because hes not going to be able to cover up Jigglypuff's bad matchups for her. Not to mention their both low tier characters so if your opponent knows how to fight your character its going to be very easy for them to defeat you. Your secondary is going to have to at least be above B tier to make a good secondary (if your main is Jigglypuff that is).

Also if you wanted to pick a character that was similar to Jigglypuff you would pick Wario as a secondary because he pretty much is the melee Jigglypuff.

NCdabess

Smash Cadet
so you would recommend snake as a secondary to jiggly?just to confirm because iv only recently been playing brawl and after trying jigg i like her style of play but the point you made above is good as well.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Any of those top characters are good secondaries for Jiggs. Jigglypuff is useful because she can take on Falco, Diddy, and Metaknight better than a lot of other characters can. However, your going to need a high tier character yourself for when your not fighting those three characters.

Swanx

Smash Rookie
Well,I think that a good secondary for jiggs would be King DDD as well as Bowser,DK or Wario. That's because Jigglypuff has the slowest run of the game,but it's the fastest in the air...so you choose a character that it's a bit faster,is heavier to contrast jigglypuff's light weight and they have strong moves.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Well,I think that a good secondary for jiggs would be Bowser.
That would only double the fail...

It's hard to win with Jiggs at tournaments, so she's usually just a casual or pocket character. And Yoshi has the fastest air speed, not Jiggs...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah, something just doesn't add up with the fact that you'll be working more on your secondary than on your main.

That's why Jiggs can't be viable as a main, but she can as a sec, given your main can handle the top tier matchups.

@Swanx : the problem with thinking like that is : you're not gonna use both your main and sec in a team, so it's useless to have them complement their speed/weight/whatever.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff actually doesn't really do any better in any MU than any of the characters above her.

Also your second will become your main. It happened to me too.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I feel Wario goes good with Jiggs. Just the feel of him is nice. Plus, the WOP with Wario is just as insane (if not, more) Wario covers up the majority of all the bad/horrible matchups puff has....except for Marth X_X

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I use King Dedede w/ my jiggs. They have similar characteristics... floaty and good grab game. But at the same time, very different physics. Shes also good at matches Dedede is not. Such as, against a diddy, or a falco.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
silly grim tuesday, all you need to win is those gloves of awsomeness that control nothing.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If you are lazy, use MK. If you are not, use Wario. They are both characters that are good in the air.

TMSreptiles

Smash Rookie
Sorry for necroposting, but I main Ice Climbers and then play Jiggs as a secondary. It might be a kinda bad idea, but I think Jiggs covers most of the IC's weaknesses.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sorry for necroposting, but I main Ice Climbers and then play Jiggs as a secondary. It might be a kinda bad idea, but I think Jiggs covers most of the IC's weaknesses.
Jigglypuff doesn't cover anyone's weaknesses what are you smoking.

However, Jigglypuff just looks up at all those ****ty matchups of hers and says **** that I'm still going to win.

D

Deleted member 189823

I use Jiggaly just for the lolz, but he is just as reliable as my mains. Just like Wolf.

Top Bottom